News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Ian Galloway arrives

Started by Ian Galloway, November 29, 2016, 09:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Galloway

Character Details

Name: Ian Nathaniel Galloway
DoB: 49456.19 (15 June 2372)

Born: Inverness, Scotland
Species: Human
Family: Father: Gavin Galloway, Mother: Amelia Galloway, Younger Brother: Brian Galloway, Younger Sister: Rachel Galloway.

Biography: Ian comes from a family of civilian engineers, and though he did study the family business, Ian wanted more than a life in planet-bound research. His father did not approve of this decision and the two argued about Ian choosing Starfleet over his family who all worked at the family business of Delcron Electronics. Coming to the sad realization that he would never get his father's approval, Ian applied to Starfleet the day he turned 18. Based on his superlative education and engineering background, Ian passed the test with flying colors. On the day he arrived at Starfleet Academy, Ian made a solemn vow that one day he would sit center seat as the commander of a Starship, only then did Ian believe his father would approve of his decision.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Forty+ (No that's not a typo)
Department Preference: Flight Operations, Tactical.
Secondary Department Preference: Engineering, Science.
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample Post:
Ian looked across the grounds of Starfleet Academy and had an intense bout of homesickness and doubt. "Och, what have I gone and bloody done?" But as soon as hit, the uncertainty passed. "You have made your bed and tis time for you to lie in it Ian. What's done is done. Time to show Gaffer that I'm my own man and capable of making my own bloody decisions."

Ian found his quarters and quickly stored his gear. Just as he was closing his locker, his room mate arrived in a whirlwind of activity that caused Ian to blink in surprise and think. "I hope he's not a wanker. Last thing I need is domestic issues."

Pushing his unease aside, Ian smiled and held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you lad. I'm Ian, Ian Galloway."

How did you find Shadow Fleet?
Yahoo search for "Star Trek Play By Post"

Kirok

Ian,

A very nice application.

We have an opening on the Tempest in Flight Control.

We can start you as a Crewman.  Or if you want to take our Officer Training Course, an Ensign.

Please let us know your preference.

Sincerely,

Kirok

PS - If you can provide an image of your character it would be great.  I got mine from http://scifiavatars.com/?page=avatars.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Ian Galloway

I guess I will go with the officer training course to fit Ian's backstory.

Kirok

Quote from: Ian.Galloway on November 30, 2016, 04:12:44 PM

I guess I will go with the officer training course to fit Ian's backstory.

Perfect.

We will look for an instructor for you and get back to you soon.

In the meantime, please report into Julia Rellek and William Waring for duty on the Tempest!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Ian Galloway

Okay, I sent the message to them. However, when I tried the website for an avatar and I was able to find the URL of the image I chose, but when I attempted to modify my post to include it, it did not display. 

Kirok

Quote from: Ian.Galloway on November 30, 2016, 05:08:11 PM

Okay, I sent the message to them. However, when I tried the website for an avatar and I was able to find the URL of the image I chose, but when I attempted to modify my post to include it, it did not display.

Ian,

I'm sure one of them will get back to you soon!

Can you reply to this post with the link to your image?

Ian Galloway

Sure. Here is the image link from the site you said to use, which is quite good I might add.

http://scifiavatars.com/viewer/big_viewer.php?img_dir=avatars&image=2444_chambers-justin-180.png

Which oddly enough works when you click on it, but when I use the forum insert image command, it doesn't.

Kirok

Quote from: Ian.Galloway on November 30, 2016, 06:40:10 PM

Sure. Here is the image link from the site you said to use, which is quite good I might add.

http://scifiavatars.com/viewer/big_viewer.php?img_dir=avatars&image=2444_chambers-justin-180.png

Which oddly enough works when you click on it, but when I use the forum insert image command, it doesn't.

Perfect!

Yes, most of our players use the site.

The image format code is quite particular (even I still have trouble with it sometimes ;-)

Dylan Torngate

For note here's the image direct code

[img]http://scifiavatars.com/avatars/2444_chambers-justin-180.png[/img]

The original link you tried was to a holding site that had an image- not the direct link.

It's a weird thing but this is the direct link to the image.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Ian Galloway

Yep, that got it working, thank you.

Constance Lafayette

Quick note: Changed your display name to reflect site guidelines (removed period). Your username should still be the same.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

James H. Hawk

Mr. Galloway

First I'd like to say welcome to the fleet. It's always great to see new members. I will be running your OTC as we currently don't have a Flight Instructor. You can find level one here: http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php?topic=7130.new#new

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. I don't know if you're on Skype but if you are and haven't already been added to our Skype group I can add you if you would like.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.