Author Topic: Shadow Fleet Data  (Read 10213 times)

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Shadow Fleet Data
« on: November 29, 2016, 07:15:45 pm »
Since I was reminded today that not everyone knows this exists: ~Link~

I created and maintain a database of all characters listed on all ships, based on roster information and update it every few weeks.

It's open to edit but PLEASE do not edit it (and dear god don't sort it). I only leave it as open so you can click those little arrows next to each column to be able to filter data.

~~~~~
Rayek edit:

I copied Constance's database and have been editing that one to keep myself up to date with characters.

You are welcome to take a look but as Constance says.. Please don't edit. If something is incorrect please note it in the comments down below or message me directly.

Character database Google Docs Link
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 01:49:26 am by Rayek trLhoell »

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Fleet Data
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:41:57 pm »
Nice!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 01:35:39 am »
I'm going to sticky this topic.
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 02:05:24 am »
I'm going to reply to this topic.

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 02:12:11 am »
I am going to Like this topic....awww crap I can't there is no like button

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline James H. Hawk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 05:23:32 am »
I am going to Like this topic....awww crap I can't there is no like button

I went to like that post before realising that there was no like button :D

I'm glad to see Shadowfleet Data is still around. Might I make a suggestion that you add academy instructor to the other part?

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 03:59:24 am »
I went to like that post before realising that there was no like button :D

I'm glad to see Shadowfleet Data is still around. Might I make a suggestion that you add academy instructor to the other part?

lol I do that too a lot. We need a like button I think.

Possibly.
I'll look into it.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 01:01:46 pm »
Just a question, how up to date is this list?
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 01:05:44 pm »
Just a question, how up to date is this list?

This is updated as of 1-3-17. You can review the last changes made in the Google doc. I just glanced it over and it seems fairly accurate.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 01:13:43 pm »
This is updated as of 1-3-17. You can review the last changes made in the Google doc. I just glanced it over and it seems fairly accurate.

I think Constance manages the list.  She may be the only one who can edit it.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 12:37:43 pm »
I think that the list needs to be updated again.
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 02:39:40 pm »
I think that the list needs to be updated again.

I update my data every 1-3 weeks. Anything more would be a large burden (it takes about... 30 min to an hour to update everything). It's a personal project of mine.
I am actually waiting for the next ship to launch to update it because any data I update will be null and void as soon as it launches lol

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 02:29:24 pm »
I update my data every 1-3 weeks. Anything more would be a large burden (it takes about... 30 min to an hour to update everything). It's a personal project of mine.
I am actually waiting for the next ship to launch to update it because any data I update will be null and void as soon as it launches lol
Sounds great!  :D
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 09:08:13 pm »
Hey guys. So I updated the data post-Shran launch. It looks pretty solid.

~Link~

Funny Correlations
(All meant in a goofy- "look how this data turned out lol" sort of way)
SF loves it some human Captains! The of the 5 commanding officers, 4 of them are human! (Kirok is the odd duck out). That's matched by the XOs with Tekin Nevir (a Bajoran) as our only non human XO!

Also- sexist much? All the XOs are male! However, ladies rule the skies and kill it on science, being the majority of characters in both flight and science departments.

Rumor has it that the Starbase is now part of the academy because it has 3 of the 4 cadets (none of whom are hybrids or humans btw). However it also holds the highest ranked member on the site (Chris Newberry is a Fleet Admiral).

The Discovery has, by far, the most Lieutenants.

ALSO (edit)
Ok ok ok ok.
So I'm WAY too excited for this aspect but I took some time and now I have everything expressed as a "count" that will update in real time as I edit data. For context as to how much of a cluster#$% it is to make it do this, the formula looks like:
Code: [Select]
=query(index(if({1,1},upper(B2:B61)&"")),"select Col1,count(Col2) where Col1<>'' group by Col1 order by count(Col2) desc",0)
Anyway, all that aside, the data now populates in real time which allows me to generate ratios in real time AND CHARTS!
Guys!
We have charts!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:11:23 pm by Constance Lafayette »

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 09:16:03 pm »
Kirok likes smaller ship crews but he has the most APCs.

The Athena has as many Lt(JG)'s as the Disco has Lieutenants.

Awesome job as always!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:17:29 pm by Dylan Torngate »
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles