News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Ray Bradbury

Started by Selden Perren Mestral, November 19, 2016, 03:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selden Perren Mestral

Have you read any Ray Bradbury books? If so, which book is your favorite?
My personal favorite is Fahrenheit 451.

Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back.
Link to Character Reference: https://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/applications-archive-396/selden-perren-mestral-reporting-in-10118/new/#new

Malcolm Adeyemi

I like the Martian Chronicles or The Illustrated Man, but F451 is fantastic too. 

T'Lara

Martian Chronicles is my absolute favourite. Leonard Nimoy narrated a couple of stories out of it.  :)

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Malcolm Adeyemi

Has anyone ever read Dandelion Wine?

Selden Perren Mestral

Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back.
Link to Character Reference: https://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/applications-archive-396/selden-perren-mestral-reporting-in-10118/new/#new

Race Warez

I've read a lot of Bradbury. The Martian Chronicles are the best I think, but there is a reason kids are still taught F-451 in school. The number of predictions he got right about social/technological developments is almost psychic.

[

Constance Lafayette

So the aforementioned stories are all well and good (particularly F451) but, in my humble opinion, Bradbury really shone in his high concept short stories. One of his best is "Frost and Fire". It includes the life and times of a species that only lives for a few days (anything else would be spoilers).

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Angel Romero

F451 is probably one of the best books ever written. But, honestly, my favorite from him will always be Something Wicked This Way Comes, because I absolutely adore anything to do with horror, and the paranormal.

Kirok

I just put Fahrenheit 451 on hold at the library.

I'll give it a read!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Solluk

Hello,

Good on you, Kirok.  If I could make a set of books mandatory reading in High School, Fahrenheit 451 would be among them.  Along with some good Orwellian 1984 and Animal Farm.

Of course, with Schools periodically banning books from their libraries, and the current state of political ideology, perhaps the irony of teaching these works to schoolchildren would be too great.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Kirok

Quote from: Solluk on August 13, 2018, 10:09:34 AM

Hello,

Good on you, Kirok.  If I could make a set of books mandatory reading in High School, Fahrenheit 451 would be among them.  Along with some good Orwellian 1984 and Animal Farm.

Of course, with Schools periodically banning books from their libraries, and the current state of political ideology, perhaps the irony of teaching these works to schoolchildren would be too great.

I read Animal Farm will on Summer break one year.

I think I have read 1984 too, but I make check the book out and look it over to be sure

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Inzjana

The Martian Chronicles is the only one I know and that was the miniseries not the book(s).

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.