Rocket Rose Reporting In (11/17/16)

Started by Selden Perren Mestral, November 18, 2016, 04:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selden Perren Mestral

Character Details
Character Name: Lissa "Rocket" Rose

Character Age: 19

Character DOB:September 4, 2375, or Stardate 62675.35201040073

Character Image:http://stavatars.com/viewer/big_viewer.php?img_dir=avatars&image=9950_lawrence-jennifer.png

Character Species: Human

Character Family:
Mother: Maria Connors
A human of Italian and Irish descent, a programmer of thirty years, and an avid painter.
Father: Nicolas Rose
A human of Polish and Pennsylvanian descent, a small spacecraft engineer of twenty five years, and a sailor in his free time.
Sister: Marie Rose
Marie Rose is fifteen years old, and currently attends school in Manhattan, where the family resides.

Character Bio: Rocket grew up in Manhattan, just north of Central Park. She earned good grades in her classes, and she got along well with her family (barring the usual sibling rivalries). The one area Rocket didn't excel in was popularity: though outgoing, she was, and still remains, incredibly socialy akward, and she would prefer to explore the city by herself rather than hang out with a group of friends. As such, rumors began to ciculate, pitting her against the other students. This only stopped when Rocket attended high school, as there were many new students who didn't know her. To this day, Rocket's interpersonal skills can be described as lackluster.
Rocket has always had a passion for exploration, from incidents getting lost in caves to wandering off by herself in foreign lands. This passion for exploration led her to seek out carreers in Starfleet. Enchanted by the prospect of discovering new planets, Rocket decided to enlist.
Lissa earned her nickname after an incident falling down a ski slope into a line of trees. The friends around her compared her to a projectile, and the nickname stuck. At present, it is rare for someone to use Rocket's given name.
Rocket enjoys watching movies, reading poetry, dancing, and doodling in the margins of any sheet of paper.
At present, Rocket gets along well enough with her family, though she does feel smothered at times. Rocket's mission will be her first time away from home for more than a month.

Personal Details
Previous Role-Playing Experience:
I have attemped role playing twice on other forums, however neither attempt worked out.

Department Preference: Science

Secondary Department Preference:Tactical

Commissioned or Enlisted: Enlisted

Civilian: No

Sample Post:
Rocket heaved a heavy sigh. Looking around her, she began to realize how messy her room was; teal bedsheets were on the floor, thirty different books were lying in a haphazard mound in front of her bookcase, and the floor was covered in a layer of shirts. Flipping open her comunicator, she checked the time, anxious for the events of the next 24 hours.
"What can I do for three hours?" Muttered Rocket, flipping her communicator shut. "You could clean your room." Joked Marie, walking by in the hallway. "I will when you clean yours!" Retorted Rocket, hauling her suitcase out to the front door. "Girls, be nice." Maria called out, looking up from the Federaton News Network. As Rocket passed by, she recognized the program: a documentary on Klingon, Vulcan, and Betazoid cuisines. "Aw, that's my favorite documentary! Too bad I'll be on the bus." She groaned, craning her neck to see a few scenes.
"How does it feel, goung off to join starfleet?" Asked Maria, hugging Rocket. "It feels amazing." Replied Rocket, pulling away. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" Worried Nicolas, standing nearby. "I'm sure I'll be okay. I've never felt this excited in my life before, so how bad can it be?" Mused Rocket, pulling up her black and green suitcase. As she looked around her apartment, the reality set in: it would be years until she stepped inside these green ccarpeted rooms instead. At the same time, a wave of adrenaline crashed in, induced by the idea of exploring strange new worlds. Melancholy and energized, Rocket hugged her father and sister, picked up her suitcase, turned, and walked out to the elevator of her apartment complex.

Additional information: I am a huge fan of Star Ttrek, but I don't know everything about it. I hope that I can learn even more about the star trek universe from this website.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Google

Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back.
Link to Character Reference: https://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/applications-archive-396/selden-perren-mestral-reporting-in-10118/new/#new

Kirok

Lissa,

Welcome to Shadow Fleet!

The Athena could really use a Sec/Tac person.

Please let me know if that will be acceptable to you.

Also, we can start you off as a Crewman or a PO 3 if you want to take our Enlisted Training Course.

Please let me know,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Selden Perren Mestral

The crewman security/tactical position on the Athena will be more than satisfactory. Thank you for your reply.

Lissa Rose

Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back.
Link to Character Reference: https://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/applications-archive-396/selden-perren-mestral-reporting-in-10118/new/#new

Kirok

Quote from: Rocket Rose on November 19, 2016, 01:21:19 AM

The crewman security/tactical position on the Athena will be more than satisfactory. Thank you for your reply.

Lissa Rose

Lissa,

That is great!

Please report into Constance Lafayette & James Carter on the Athena for duty!

And again, welcome to Shadow Fleet.

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.