How Strong are the Species of Star Trek?

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, November 09, 2016, 02:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

I'll answer my own question before I open up the floor to all of our collective nerding: I think that each species is as strong as the plot requires. We have seen Vulcans lift humans off of the ground with one hand. We have seen one human dispatching two Klingon warriors. So at the end of the day whatever works for the story is what happens.

With that being said, here is my take on what I have observed and my thoughts/opinions on the physical strength of major Trek aliens.

Vulcans/Romulans: are usually said to be 3x the strength of a human. Each of them make skilled and deadly combatants, but the Romulans are noticeably more war-like, cruel, and cunning.

Andorians: are a warrior race. So far, I haven't seen anything that indicates that they are any stronger than humans. But they're training is smooth stuff and Shran consistently kicked butt.

Klingons: are another warrior race. They look, act, and move as if they are faster and stronger than humans. But I like to think that they are simply and constantly more pumped up for battle than humans. A Klingon is taught to be a warrior from a young age, and probably trains the hardest of any species on this list. Their honor, tradition, and training make them a dangerous enemy.

Nausicaans: look scary and act tough, but personally the only Nausicaans I have seen in the series were in ENT and TNG. And in each case they are either matched or beaten by humans. But either Star Trek has only chose to portray larger, stronger Nausicaans or each member is a jacked pirate alien bully. Regardless, I think they'd make tough customers.

That's all I have for now. I'm not a big DS9 guy, ironically, but I'd love for someone else to chime in about changelings or Jem'Hadar.

Catrin Maddux

Aren't you GORN to mention the Gorn? They're big and tough. And lizardy.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on November 11, 2016, 09:34:51 PM

Aren't you GORN to mention the Gorn? They're big and tough. And lizardy.

I just watched the episode of ENT where Mirror Archer fights a Gorn. It sure did seem big and nasty. I did not think of them, but they totally qualify.

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Luke Stafford on November 15, 2016, 05:25:20 PM

I just watched the episode of ENT where Mirror Archer fights a Gorn. It sure did seem big and nasty. I did not think of them, but they totally qualify.

Speaking of the Mirrorverse, would Terran Empire Humans count as they are more volatile and trained in combat, on the average?

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on November 15, 2016, 07:42:20 PM

Speaking of the Mirrorverse, would Terran Empire Humans count as they are more volatile and trained in combat, on the average?

I'd say they're more volatile, for sure, but I think at the end of the day they're just humans by another name. I'd say if a Terran and a human from the Prime Universe fought the Terran would probably start it and therefore as the aggressor might have a better chance of winning.

Catrin Maddux

Well, then there are the Xindi. Although I find them irritating. The reptillians seemed fairly strong, the primates too.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on November 15, 2016, 08:10:52 PM

Well, then there are the Xindi. Although I find them irritating. The reptillians seemed fairly strong, the primates too.

Xindi aren't annoying! I love the whole concept of the six species as one. But yeah, the Reptilians seem stronger than average, and so do the Insectoids. Remember when the Insectoid council member choke-slammed Archer onto the conference table with one hand?

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Luke Stafford on November 15, 2016, 08:12:44 PM

Xindi aren't annoying! I love the whole concept of the six species as one. But yeah, the Reptilians seem stronger than average, and so do the Insectoids. Remember when the Insectoid council member choke-slammed Archer onto the conference table with one hand?

I'm not quite there lol. But I see your point. I just see the xindi plot as taking away from the sense of exploration I got from the first 2 seasons.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on November 15, 2016, 08:14:47 PM

I'm not quite there lol. But I see your point. I just see the xindi plot as taking away from the sense of exploration I got from the first 2 seasons.

They're exploring the Expanse, doesn't that count? :P

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Luke Stafford on November 15, 2016, 08:18:15 PM

They're exploring the Expanse, doesn't that count? :P

It's more ugh more uncharted space and anomalies, and /bale Batman voice/ Tell me where the Xindi weapon is!

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on November 15, 2016, 08:37:06 PM

It's more ugh more uncharted space and anomalies, and /bale Batman voice/ Tell me where the Xindi weapon is!

Honestly made me lol.

Hey, I'll hear no words of disparagement against Scott Bakula. That's Dr. Samuel Beckett!

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Luke Stafford on November 15, 2016, 08:42:05 PM

Honestly made me lol.

Hey, I'll hear no words of disparagement against Scott Bakula. That's Dr. Samuel Beckett!

I'd never disparage Captain Archer. Especially when he's gratuitously shirtless.  ;D

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on November 16, 2016, 12:15:47 AM

I'd never disparage Captain Archer. Especially when he's gratuitously shirtless.  ;D

And he's clearly prerty strong.  He did hang in with Mr. Krabs in that geskana match.

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Luke Stafford on November 16, 2016, 12:25:16 AM

And he's clearly prerty strong.  He did hang in with Mr. Krabs in that geskana match.

And as I recall, Tucker did pretty well in that match too. Also shirtless. *two thumbs up*

ENT might as well been the USS Eyecandy. Whole main crew was awfully pretty

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.