S1 - Mission 4 - Biohazard

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, November 01, 2016, 12:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley Weir

Quote from: Luke Stafford on November 03, 2016, 12:54:59 PM

CO's Office

"You're welcome, Dan. Congratulations." Handshake dispensed with, Stafford sat back down. "I wish we had more time to celebrate, but the show must go on. I'm sure you're aware that we've got shipments of biological pathogens on its way to the station. Until we get a new chief engineer, I am afraid you're going to have to wear two hats, so to speak. I want you to direct the engineering team and ensure that all proper protocol is followed."

CO's Office

"=/\=Understood, ensign. Transmit the report to the chief science officer. For now, get yourself to the docking ring. The Curie is going to dock in a moment. We've got dangerous pathogens we need to neutralize on board that ship.=/\="

"Sorry, Dan, duty calls." Stafford said with a smile. "Dismissed, commander."

CO's Office

Stafford had already stood when he'd bid the XO farewell, and so made his slow way over to the door when the chime notified him of a visitor. It turned out to be two, the new science and operations officers.

"Lieutenant, ensign, enter." He realized the new officers were reporting in. So he made his slow way back to his desk, and remained standing. Stafford was here in his office, he might as well be formal.

[CO's Office]

Ashley paused a moment standing in the door way before snapping back to reality and entering the room. She attempted to speak once with no success, the words simply couldn't come out. She raised her hands knowing that if she could sign she could force herself to speak over it. It was what she'd always done. So with a quick motion of her hands she quickly got the capability to speak up. "Sir, I wanted to come report in before I started my duties." The young woman said respectfully her hands moving in unison.

Alex Harmon

CO's Office

Stafford had already stood when he'd bid the XO farewell, and so made his slow way over to the door when the chime notified him of a visitor. It turned out to be two, the new science and operations officers.

"Lieutenant, ensign, enter." He realized the new officers were reporting in. So he made his slow way back to his desk, and remained standing. Stafford was here in his office, he might as well be formal.

Alex walked inside after the Commander and Lieutenant. "Ensign Harmon reporting in. I'm your now Operations Officer," he said in his not to thick but noticeable Australian accent. He glanced awkwardly at the teal Lieutenant as he knew he couldn't talk openly about his role with Intelligence here, not that he even knew if Commander Stafford had been informed.

James H. Hawk's Alt

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Ashley Weir on November 04, 2016, 04:47:25 AM

[CO's Office]

Ashley paused a moment standing in the door way before snapping back to reality and entering the room. She attempted to speak once with no success, the words simply couldn't come out. She raised her hands knowing that if she could sign she could force herself to speak over it. It was what she'd always done. So with a quick motion of her hands she quickly got the capability to speak up. "Sir, I wanted to come report in before I started my duties." The young woman said respectfully her hands moving in unison.

[CO's Office]

Stafford was a bit taken aback by the nervous young woman. He wondered briefly if she had some kind of disability that he had not read about in her personnel file. His mind went briefly to the Cardassian medical officer on the Athena. Telek, Tallek? What is it about scientists and doctors that make them so brilliant in their field but so inept with other people?

"Welcome to the Starbase Columbus, lieutenant. Your specialty is languages, if I am not mistaken." The irony was not lost on him. "I think you'll find your experience here rewarding. Go get settled in. Let the CSO or Dan or I know if you need anything."

Quote from: Alex Harmon on November 04, 2016, 07:46:51 AM

Alex walked inside after the Commander and Lieutenant. "Ensign Harmon reporting in. I'm your now Operations Officer," he said in his not to thick but noticeable Australian accent. He glanced awkwardly at the teal Lieutenant as he knew he couldn't talk openly about his role with Intelligence here, not that he even knew if Commander Stafford had been informed.

[CO's Office]

"Welcome, ensign. The Operations department here on the station has its hands in just about everything. I hope you don't mind a bit of hard work." Stafford said with a slight smile. "I'd like for you to begin by monitoring the Federation comm channels. We're hearing a lot of dangerous chatter from the Vulcans, Bajorans, Ferengi, and Klingons. We had a diplomatic debacle of sorts last month...you won't be given access to anything classified, of course, but for right now you can man the Ops station and keep an ear out."

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on November 04, 2016, 12:07:01 AM

[Main Promenade]

He would exit the Promenade area and made his way to a turbo lift, the man keyed in for the Medical Bay as the doors slid shut. The man tapped his foot, as he got a bit... bored waiting for it. Once the turbo lift slid to a halt, the man stepped out of the turbo lift, ducking slightly as he wasn't necessarily a fan of hitting his head on the bulk heads. He would than make his way to the Medical Bay and walked inside, he would than greet a nearby Medical Crewmember he saw and said, "Ensign, can you direct me to Dr. Hasheem?" The man would reply to him, "Yes Lieutenant, follow me please" The man than turned his back to the Lieutenant and made his way to the back, and pointed out Dr. Hasheem to him, the Lieutenant would than walk up to her. He would than look over the female intently and than greet her with the following, "Hello Doctor, Lieutenant Tritter reporting as requested" His heavily accented voice was calm and assertive.

It wasn't difficult not to notice the Security Chief as he made his presence known in Medical Bay.  Jamie was struck silent as she looked up at the tree of a man.  The Chief Medical Officer, however, did not seemed particularly alarmed by him although she looked like a child standing next to him.
"Yes, Chief...."  Dr. Hasheem looked up at the tall man as if she were eye to eye with him.  "This is Dr. McConnell with the USS Curie.  They're here to transport dangerous viruses and wanted the chief of security present for the explanation of what is going to happen."
This was as good an introduction as any and with a smile and a nod, Jamie took over, "Yes, Mr. Tritter..."  She would have shaken his hand but was afraid he would crush it, instead she motioned towards the cleared medical bay as the Hazmat Technicians began to activate the triple shields.  "As you can see..."  Several PADDs were handed to her and Jamie handed one to Tritter and one to Dr. Hasheem as she continued her explanation.  "...the shields are created for extra biocontainment and will not only prevent any escaped virus to leak into the base but is also airtight, so getting stuck behind it would suffocate an air breathing being in seconds.  This of course is the reason why the technicians wear special suits, similar to spacewalking suits but much more dextrous."
On the PADD were the technical schematics of the shields and of the Hazmat suits.  Jamie continued, "We will be transporting the vault that is holding the viruses as the transporting is also designed to detect anomalies and eliminate possible biological hazards.  The Vault will be held behind the force fields and only Dr. Dano and the members of his specialized Hazmat Team will accompany it.  Dr. Dano, who is the head of the removal process, will handle things in there, and I will handle things out here."
Jamie's eyes went up towards Tritter and tried to read what was going on in his mind, but she was no telepath, "I am quite satisfied with the security on the base, Lt. Tritter."  She addressed him, "All nonessential personnel have been removed and kept out of the way and security is on alert for any possible dangers.  Do you have any questions for me before I give Dr. Dano the all clear?"

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Hust Kinun

Quote from: Zex on November 03, 2016, 06:55:01 PM

[Sickbay]

"That's a bit troubling" Zex admitted as she started putting her tools away.  "But I am willing to release you from Sickbay.  I would, however, like to see you back for a follow up in 3 days" she said.

"If the personality change is an issue, I would suggest you sit threw the personality screening.  We can match up your previous screening the new results we get.  I can even administer them myself" the Deltan suggested after she turned back to Hust.

[Sickbay]

"Yes Ma'am" he said, sliding his legs off the bed and standing, hiding a slight tremor in his leg by walking around a bit, under the guise of stretching. "Just let me know when you want me here- I'll come."

He shook his head in a curt but emphatic "no". "That won't be needed." he said, feigning a smile. "I feel fine. Really. I do." he said, before taking his leave. He exited the bay, finding it odd how nobody was really around. He checked a chronometer, and was even more confused. The place should be flooded, and yet was almost empty. He wandered around, trying to find someone who could tell him what was going on.

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Kirok

Quote from: Hust Kinun on November 04, 2016, 04:30:19 PM

[Sickbay]

"Yes Ma'am" he said, sliding his legs off the bed and standing, hiding a slight tremor in his leg by walking around a bit, under the guise of stretching. "Just let me know when you want me here- I'll come."

He shook his head in a curt but emphatic "no". "That won't be needed." he said, feigning a smile. "I feel fine. Really. I do." he said, before taking his leave. He exited the bay, finding it odd how nobody was really around. He checked a chronometer, and was even more confused. The place should be flooded, and yet was almost empty. He wandered around, trying to find someone who could tell him what was going on.

[Sickbay]

"Let's say 0800.  The is my start time.  You can be my first patient of the day" Zex replied in a friendly manner.

As she watch the man leave, she was slightly disappointed that he had declined the personality testing.  Not only because it would have given her the opportunity to practice some of those rusty skills, but also because she felt it might be beneficial.  Maybe she we suggest it again at his next visit if needed.

But for now, the Deltan had to prepare to meet the new CMO.  She had heard good things about Dr. McConnell.  And the fact that she was female as a bonus!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Jamie McConnell on November 04, 2016, 02:50:27 PM

It wasn't difficult not to notice the Security Chief as he made his presence known in Medical Bay.  Jamie was struck silent as she looked up at the tree of a man.  The Chief Medical Officer, however, did not seemed particularly alarmed by him although she looked like a child standing next to him.

"Yes, Chief...."  Dr. Hasheem looked up at the tall man as if she were eye to eye with him.  "This is Dr. McConnell with the USS Curie.  They're here to transport dangerous viruses and wanted the chief of security present for the explanation of what is going to happen."
This was as good an introduction as any and with a smile and a nod, Jamie took over, "Yes, Mr. Tritter..."  She would have shaken his hand but was afraid he would crush it, instead she motioned towards the cleared medical bay as the Hazmat Technicians began to activate the triple shields.  "As you can see..."  Several PADDs were handed to her and Jamie handed one to Tritter and one to Dr. Hasheem as she continued her explanation.  "...the shields are created for extra biocontainment and will not only prevent any escaped virus to leak into the base but is also airtight, so getting stuck behind it would suffocate an air breathing being in seconds.  This of course is the reason why the technicians wear special suits, similar to spacewalking suits but much more dextrous."
On the PADD were the technical schematics of the shields and of the Hazmat suits.  Jamie continued, "We will be transporting the vault that is holding the viruses as the transporting is also designed to detect anomalies and eliminate possible biological hazards.  The Vault will be held behind the force fields and only Dr. Dano and the members of his specialized Hazmat Team will accompany it.  Dr. Dano, who is the head of the removal process, will handle things in there, and I will handle things out here."
Jamie's eyes went up towards Tritter and tried to read what was going on in his mind, but she was no telepath, "I am quite satisfied with the security on the base, Lt. Tritter."  She addressed him, "All nonessential personnel have been removed and kept out of the way and security is on alert for any possible dangers.  Do you have any questions for me before I give Dr. Dano the all clear?"
Tritter first noticed how Jamie looked at him and went silent. He found some humor in that, although he kept it to himself. He would than notice the Chief Medical Officer walking over, his gaze shifted to focus on her as he gave her the once over. He would than let her finish speaking before the man would reply.

He would than reply with "Understood Doctor" He followed them towards the triple sheilded Pathogens. He looked over it closely and once handed a padd, the man would proceed to skim through what was contained on it.

He would than nod slightly as she discussed the vault with him and he would add, "Good plan Doctor, who knows these viruses are here?" He was a bit... curious about that, because with something powerful, words tends to get around

He noticed the one female walk back up to him, his gaze shifted to meet hers. He would ponder her reply for a brief moment before he added "No questions, do not hesitate to find me if I am needed"  His heavily accented voice remained calm and collected as he spoke, as if his was just another day to him.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Sevoc

CO's Office

"=/\=Understood, ensign. Transmit the report to the chief science officer. For now, get yourself to the docking ring. The Curie is going to dock in a moment. We've got dangerous pathogens we need to neutralize on board that ship.=/\="

"Sorry, Dan, duty calls." Stafford said with a smile. "Dismissed, commander."

[Science Department]

=/\=Sevoc to Commander Stafford. Acknowledged, sir.=/\=

Sevoc grabbed a bio-hazard suit and put it on after he sent the report. He made his way to where the Curie was docked

[Docking Ring]

He stood around looking for someone to report to. He wasn't exactly sure who he was looking for, just casually surveying for pips.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on November 04, 2016, 06:58:59 PM

Tritter first noticed how Jamie looked at him and went silent. He found some humor in that, although he kept it to himself. He would than notice the Chief Medical Officer walking over, his gaze shifted to focus on her as he gave her the once over. He would than let her finish speaking before the man would reply.

He would than reply with "Understood Doctor" He followed them towards the triple sheilded Pathogens. He looked over it closely and once handed a padd, the man would proceed to skim through what was contained on it.

That was a typical security question and Jamie grinned at it.  She wasn't surprised at all, in fact she was ready for it.  She lifted her PADD and called up some information that she then sent to Tritter's own PADD.  "You must understand that this isn't considered a security priority by the Federation.  Their view is that anyone that wants to get their hands on these very dangerous viruses is completely insane and so far any known criminal that meets that criteria is currently being monitored."

Her long fingers scrolled through the list knowing that the security chief was doing the same.  "As you can see all the channels that know that these three Federation ships have these viruses are all within Federation need to know levels.  All these ships are very capable of defending themselves with the Eisenhower being more than battle ready.  The Columbus is more than ready to defend itself and these virus, still..."  Her eyes lifted and met the Security Chief's own, "...I won't underestimate your intuition."  She nodded, "If you think someone is suspicious then by all means please act as you see fit."
Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on November 04, 2016, 06:58:59 PM

He would than nod slightly as she discussed the vault with him and he would add, "Good plan Doctor, who knows these viruses are here?" He was a bit... curious about that, because with something powerful, words tends to get around

He noticed the one female walk back up to him, his gaze shifted to meet hers. He would ponder her reply for a brief moment before he added "No questions, do not hesitate to find me if I am needed"  His heavily accented voice remained calm and collected as he spoke, as if his was just another day to him.

"Please stick around, Chief."  Jamie insisted and tapped her badge calling to Dr. Dano and his team.  "Dr. McConnell to Dr. Dano, we're ready down here, sir."

"Acknowledged."  Dr. Dano's voice was its usual sing song self and soon the lights of the transporter whirled behind the soundproof force fields as the vault carrying the viruses appeared.  The vault was in the shape of a tube with several levels of what looked like shelves of glass vials.  There was easily hundreds of these vials which all beamed green with their clearance.
Jamie let out a steady breath as Dr. Dano, her boss, gave her a thumbs up then tapped his badge and called her.  "We're all good here, my dear."  Dano informed Jamie, "I'll take care of things here, make sure the LeBlanc and the Eisenhower dock and transport their own vaults."
She nodded and responded, "I'm on it, doctor."
Jamie then turned back to the CMO and the CSO, "One down and two to go.  As soon as we  get all three shipments we will start the incineration."  Her eyes flickered on the petite human woman, "Is the incinerator up and running, doctor?"
"It is."  Dr. Hasheem responded, then quickly added, "I am personally seeing to it, so if you'll excuse me, I'll head over there now.  I have assigned you Dr. Zex to help you with whatever you may need, Dr. McConnell."
"Thank you."  Jamie nodded then watched her leave.   Her badge chimed and she was informed of a Columbus science officer that was searching for the removal team.  She frowned out of curiosity and responded evenly.  "Have him report to the medical bay, I'll be here waiting."  Her eyes moved up to Tritter.  "You can stay here if you'd like, sir, but I'm sure you have many things to do.  I will call you if we need anything.  So far, so good...."

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Kirok

Quote from: Jamie McConnell on November 04, 2016, 11:55:25 PM

That was a typical security question and Jamie grinned at it.  She wasn't surprised at all, in fact she was ready for it.  She lifted her PADD and called up some information that she then sent to Tritter's own PADD.  "You must understand that this isn't considered a security priority by the Federation.  Their view is that anyone that wants to get their hands on these very dangerous viruses is completely insane and so far any known criminal that meets that criteria is currently being monitored."

Her long fingers scrolled through the list knowing that the security chief was doing the same.  "As you can see all the channels that know that these three Federation ships have these viruses are all within Federation need to know levels.  All these ships are very capable of defending themselves with the Eisenhower being more than battle ready.  The Columbus is more than ready to defend itself and these virus, still..."  Her eyes lifted and met the Security Chief's own, "...I won't underestimate your intuition."  She nodded, "If you think someone is suspicious then by all means please act as you see fit."

"Please stick around, Chief."  Jamie insisted and tapped her badge calling to Dr. Dano and his team.  "Dr. McConnell to Dr. Dano, we're ready down here, sir."

"Acknowledged."  Dr. Dano's voice was its usual sing song self and soon the lights of the transporter whirled behind the soundproof force fields as the vault carrying the viruses appeared.  The vault was in the shape of a tube with several levels of what looked like shelves of glass vials.  There was easily hundreds of these vials which all beamed green with their clearance.
Jamie let out a steady breath as Dr. Dano, her boss, gave her a thumbs up then tapped his badge and called her.  "We're all good here, my dear."  Dano informed Jamie, "I'll take care of things here, make sure the LeBlanc and the Eisenhower dock and transport their own vaults."
Jamie then turned back to the CMO and the CSO, "One down and two to go.  As soon as we  get all three shipments we will start the incineration."  Her eyes flickered on the petite human woman, "Is the incinerator up and running, doctor?"
"It is."  Dr. Hasheem responded, then quickly added, "I am personally seeing to it, so if you'll excuse me, I'll head over there now.  I have assigned you Dr. Zex to help you with whatever you may need, Dr. McConnell."
"Thank you."  Jamie nodded then watched her leave.   Her badge chimed and she was informed of a Columbus science officer that was searching for the removal team.  She frowned out of curiosity and responded evenly.  "Have him report to the medical bay, I'll be here waiting."  Her eyes moved up to Tritter.  "You can stay here if you'd like, sir, but I'm sure you have many things to do.  I will call you if we need anything.  So far, so good...."

[Medical Bay - Waste Disposal]

Zex finished her report regarding Hust.  Though she still felt that the man's personality had been alter, possibly even temporarily, by the incident she left it out of her report.  Specifically because she had no basis in fact.  At least not yet.

Having finished that, she went looking for the new CMO and was told that the woman and team has went strait to another section of the medical facility.  The Starbase was quite large and so was the medical facility inside.  A blessing in that a lager facility meant that they could treat almost any patient.  A curse, however, for the short legged Deltan.

Nonethess, Zex finally reached the proper room.  She used her fingers to flatten down her eyebrows and then entered the room.  "Zex reporting for duty Doctor" she said.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Jamie McConnell on November 04, 2016, 11:55:25 PM

Tritter nodded slightly to the female when she asked him to stay, "Understood Doctor", he kept a keen gaze on the Pathogens, he was definitely curious about it. He than perked up slightly when the Vault appeared, he flipped through the information on the PADD, as he looked over the vault, he was putting two and two together if you will. He let them talk, although he didn't pay much attention as he knew it did not pertain to him, but once she did address him, he turned to face her "Yes, I do have a plate full of matters to address to, but please let me know when the other two ships have sent down their Pathogens as well" He would than turn on a heel and exit the Medical Bay.

He would return to his Office, as he wanted to review the information on the Pathogens in detail in a fairly quiet place. Once he made his way into the Security area, he collected a report from his next most Senior man, he would than add "We have one set of Pathogens on board, with two more on the way, I'll be in my office going over some of the details and also forming a threat analysis on the risk they pose to us" The Ensign replied with "Aye Sir, any directives for us?" Tritter would reply with "Yes, just keep up the sweeps of the Station, we also need to watch for ships entering in our airspace, as things may go south very quickly. Powerful things bring powerful enemies" The Ensign replied calmly and indicated his agreement with the Chief. The Lieutenant would than make his way into his Office, proceeding to take a seat in the one place that is actually designed for a man of his size. He took a seat and proceeded to flip through the report he had been given on the Pathogens in detail and formulating a Threat Analysis, as he wanted to be prepared, but he also knew that there may be other threats that may appear randomly.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Alex Harmon

[CO's Office]

"Welcome, ensign. The Operations department here on the station has its hands in just about everything. I hope you don't mind a bit of hard work." Stafford said with a slight smile. "I'd like for you to begin by monitoring the Federation comm channels. We're hearing a lot of dangerous chatter from the Vulcans, Bajorans, Ferengi, and Klingons. We had a diplomatic debacle of sorts last month...you won't be given access to anything classified, of course, but for right now you can man the Ops station and keep an ear out."
[/quote]

[CO's Office]

"Thank you, sir," Alex replied. "I'll keep my eye out for anything of interest." So he doesn't seem to know, Alex though as the command had said he won't be given anything classified. "I'll get to my station now then, sir," Alex said before leaving the CO's Office to head for Ops.

[Operations]

Alex easily found the Ops station and settled in without saying a word to any of the other officers and crewmen present. He began monitoring communications channels. Nothing seemed to stick out as important though some things he heard were interesting, to say the least. The scams those Ferengi try and pull.... he thought after listening to a particularly outlandish deal a Ferengi merchant seemed to be trying to make. Come on, mate no one's going to believe you have a whole M-Class planet for sale not even that seemingly dumb Bolian, Alex thought as he resisted the urge to tell the Ferengi off. This is going to be a long assignment...

James H. Hawk's Alt

Sevoc

Docking Ring

Sevoc had been misinformed. Luckily he had his PADD and checked the locations. He saw that Dr. McConnell was in the medical bay. He made his way there promptly.

Medical Bay

He entered the medical bay and methodically looked over the room. His PADD had indeed been correct and he quickly spotted the doctor and approach her.

"Ensign Sevoc reporting," he said coolly. "How may I be if assistance?"

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Kirok

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on November 05, 2016, 03:19:47 PM

Tritter nodded slightly to the female when she asked him to stay, "Understood Doctor", he kept a keen gaze on the Pathogens, he was definitely curious about it. He than perked up slightly when the Vault appeared, he flipped through the information on the PADD, as he looked over the vault, he was putting two and two together if you will. He let them talk, although he didn't pay much attention as he knew it did not pertain to him, but once she did address him, he turned to face her "Yes, I do have a plate full of matters to address to, but please let me know when the other two ships have sent down their Pathogens as well" He would than turn on a heel and exit the Medical Bay.

He would return to his Office, as he wanted to review the information on the Pathogens in detail in a fairly quiet place. Once he made his way into the Security area, he collected a report from his next most Senior man, he would than add "We have one set of Pathogens on board, with two more on the way, I'll be in my office going over some of the details and also forming a threat analysis on the risk they pose to us" The Ensign replied with "Aye Sir, any directives for us?" Tritter would reply with "Yes, just keep up the sweeps of the Station, we also need to watch for ships entering in our airspace, as things may go south very quickly. Powerful things bring powerful enemies" The Ensign replied calmly and indicated his agreement with the Chief. The Lieutenant would than make his way into his Office, proceeding to take a seat in the one place that is actually designed for a man of his size. He took a seat and proceeded to flip through the report he had been given on the Pathogens in detail and formulating a Threat Analysis, as he wanted to be prepared, but he also knew that there may be other threats that may appear randomly.

Quote from: Sevoc on November 06, 2016, 07:39:14 PM

Docking Ring

Sevoc had been misinformed. Luckily he had his PADD and checked the locations. He saw that Dr. McConnell was in the medical bay. He made his way there promptly.

Medical Bay

He entered the medical bay and methodically looked over the room. His PADD had indeed been correct and he quickly spotted the doctor and approach her.

[Medical Bay]

"Mr. Tritter.  It is good to see you again.  And you Sevo" Zex said to both men after she had been recognized by her superior officer.

Jamie McConnell

Sickbay-Sectioned of Biohazard Area

As Dr. Dano - Head of the Federation Contagious Virus Section
The Biohazard Containment shields were powerful things, so powerful they blocked the very air that Dano and his team needed to live, but they did not shield him from the thousands of minds that lived on the behemoth station.  He shook his head slightly as he blocked them out but it was difficult.  There were minds that were so loud and obnoxious that Dano just wanted to scream at them to shut up.  He knew he couldn't and as a trained Betazoid he should be able to block them out.
But he couldn't.
"Are you alright, doctor?"  One of his technicians asked causing Dano to stop momentarily and stare into the face shield of the speaker.  For a moment he had no idea who this person was or why he was wearing that ridiculous outfit.
It all came back to him.
Dano smiled and nodded as his own large hazmat helmet wobbled slightly over his head at the motion.  "I'm alright, my boy, just a bit overwhelmed with the size of the station.  Carry on, carry on."  The other man gave him an affirmation and went back to work.  Dano sighed and placed a hand on the vault to steady a sudden case of dizziness.  There was something strange.  He felt strange and very dizzy.
His eyes lifted and he looked out of the safe room and towards Dr. McConnell who was surrounded with Columbus personnel.  He was glad she was with them and trusted her to take over for him should something happen to him.
Was something happening to him? 

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on November 05, 2016, 03:19:47 PM

Jamie nodded her thanks to the Security Chief and watched the tall man leave the medical bay.  She knew security on a starship was intense and can only imagine the rigors of a base would be much higher.  For one thing the station chief had to deal with civilians and not just Starfleet personnel.   Her attention was immediately grabbed, however, by a Deltan female.

Quote from: Zex on November 05, 2016, 02:44:43 PM

[Medical Bay - Waste Disposal]

Nonethess, Zex finally reached the proper room.  She used her fingers to flatten down her eyebrows and then entered the room.  "Zex reporting for duty Doctor" she said.

"You must be Dr. Zex."  Jamie nodded at the other woman and smiled.  "At ease, doctor."  Her voice cracked a bit with a chuckle.  Dr. Zex's enthusiasm was charming as was the Deltan herself but that wasn't unusual when it came to their race.  "At the moment we're waiting for a science officer then I can let you guys know what I need help with..."  She noted the approach of an Andorian wearing the telltale signature blue of medical or science as he approached her.

Quote from: Sevoc on November 06, 2016, 07:39:14 PM

Docking Ring

Medical Bay

Jamie again nodded and her smile got wider.  "Well, it seems we're complete now.  Thank you for your help.  I'm Dr. McConnell but you can call me Jamie if you'd like."  She waved at the containment room where Dano and his team were at work reviewing all the viruses to see if they were stable.

"As you can see, the first transfer of viruses has been transported successfully.  This vault is coming from the USS Curie, but we have deliveries from the LeBlanc and the Eisenhower but their vaults will not be as big as this one....."
Suddenly the lights flickered from clear to a dreaded red as the Klaxons began to sound.  Instinct and constant emergency drills caused Jamie and her team to take action.  She reached out for the controls and automatically sealed them in there own little section.  It was a small lab area where she would be able to monitor the Vaults and the Hazmat team.  Her wide eyes then moved up to where Dr. Dano and his team was; only to the Betazoid man without his helmet grinning wickedly at her.
She turned on the speaker that put her in touch with the protected Vault room where Dr. Dano was.  "What is going on, doctor, why is your helmet off?"  Jamie wanted to cry, this was the worst possible scenario.  "Where are your other team members?  Where's the team, Dr. Dano?!  What's happening??" 

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.