Author Topic: S1 - Mission 4 - Biohazard  (Read 34778 times)

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - Mission 4 - Biohazard
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 07:58:54 pm »

[Sickbay]

"Ok" Zex replied non-committedly.  "What about your pain level.  On a scale of 1 -10, 10 being the worst ever.  Where do you fall today?" she asked.

While he contemplated his answer, the Deltan ran a few extra tests.  She tapped his knee with a small hammer and checked his hearing with a snap of her finders among other things.  Tri-coders were good, but some to the tried and true methods still worked better.

[Sickbay]

"Well doc," he said, recovering up to a bored and rather irked tone. Not irked at her, more irked at the questioning and confinement to here. Even her Deltan attributes and personality was having little effect, due to Hust's mental guards all the way up, not allowing his judgement to be cleared.

"Which do you mean, mental, physical, or emotional? As far as my physical health, I'm good to go. Psychologically I'm stable." he said. "The only question is when can I get back to my work."

He watched as she swarmed over him, poking and prodding and testing him like a lab rat.
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 09:06:38 pm »
[Sickbay]

"Well doc," he said, recovering up to a bored and rather irked tone. Not irked at her, more irked at the questioning and confinement to here. Even her Deltan attributes and personality was having little effect, due to Hust's mental guards all the way up, not allowing his judgement to be cleared.

"Which do you mean, mental, physical, or emotional? As far as my physical health, I'm good to go. Psychologically I'm stable." he said. "The only question is when can I get back to my work."

He watched as she swarmed over him, poking and prodding and testing him like a lab rat.

[Sickbay]

Zex pulled away from the man slightly.  The aggravation in his voice made her uneasy.  Especially since she was simply doing her job.

The Deltan folder her arms and stood firmly in his way.  "Well, Ensign.  I will be happy to answer your question.  But only after you have answered mine and I have been able to complete my assessment" she said in her practiced professional voice.  "Now does that sound fair?" she asked.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 11:51:54 pm »
CO's Office

"Indeed." Stafford almost blinked. He was quoting Constance Lafayette, in tone and word.

"Well, Mr. Howell. Due to your quick thinking and steadfast service over the past few months I have put in a request with Starfleet Command." From the drawer of his desk, ratting through some old antique forceps and a half eaten chocolate ration bar, was an elegant, shiny black box. He handed it to Howell. "They've agreed."

"Daniel Howell. I hereby promote you to the rank of lieutenant commander, command division, and to the billet of Executive Officer, with all the privileges therein." He stood, and not even the pain in his hip could dim his smile as he extended his hand.

"Congratulations, Dan. Or do you prefer 'commander' now?"
CO's Office
Dan sat in the chair and was confused when the Commander mentioned something about a request to Starfleet Command and the fact it had been accepted. When the box was handed to him he gave a curious look before opening it to see a shiny black pip. He looked up at Commander Stafford and more a moment was speechless. His career in Starfleet wasn't exactly exemplary and he never thought he would make it to command.

Dan Smiled as Commander Stafford formally promoted him and gave him the position of Executive Officer. Dan also extended his hand as they shook. Still smiling, Dan replied "Thank you Sir, never thought I'd make it this far up the chain, feel free to still call me Dan."
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 01:13:26 am »
Ops

Jane saw the message come through about the Pathogens and immediately tapped her com-badge.

=/\=D'Angelo to Tritter. We have received conformation from Dr McConnell that the Pathogens are ready to transport. They have requested that we keep our distance while the Hazmat teams do their work. I'll forward you the full report.=/\=

Jane activated the appropriate command and forwarded the report to Tritters' PADD.

Tritter had been getting his department up to snuff for the upcoming events. He than heard his comm badge go off, he listened intently before the man would tap his comm badge and reply with "Acknowledged, thank you Ensign". His tone even keeled, calm and focused. He knew who she was, he made sure he knew all new arrivals to the Starbase, like any good Security Chief would. He would than hear a ding made from his padd and he would proceed to flip through the report, he read through it intently for several moments, he knew they may have a challenge if someone really wanted to get at these pathogens, he had already prepared his team for the worst, so he knew that they would be ready for whatever would be tossed at them.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Ashley Weir

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 02:57:03 am »
[Quarters]

The new uniforms all felt weird to her. Blue was never Ashley's color, quite the opposite actually. She hated it, it was suppose to be calming but it was usually pretty much the exact opposite. Plus these new ones were all just a little bit too tight something she knew was an easy fix but just never seemed to find the time to go get done. Never the less it was her first shift on the station and she knew that if she hurried along she could check in with the stations CO before the shift actually started.

[Outside CO's Office]

Ashley's mind ran over every possible situation as she came to stand just outside the CO's office. What if she made a terrible first impression? What if he already didn't like her because of the grounds that she was transferred here on? It didn't really matter either way honestly. Whatever happened would happen, she was only here until she was better medically and then she was going back to a ship. As her nerves subsided slightly she reached out and pressed the door chime to let Luke know she was there.

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 03:37:37 am »

[Sickbay]

Zex pulled away from the man slightly.  The aggravation in his voice made her uneasy.  Especially since she was simply doing her job.

The Deltan folder her arms and stood firmly in his way.  "Well, Ensign.  I will be happy to answer your question.  But only after you have answered mine and I have been able to complete my assessment" she said in her practiced professional voice.  "Now does that sound fair?" she asked.

[Sickbay]

"Fine, doc." he said, allowing the doctor to continue uninterrupted by him. He knew she was just doing her job... but she was here and he needed to vent. Occupational hazard, being a medic. Well, maybe not.

If he recalled correctly she spent quite a good amount of time with the morgue and patients who, if one was honest, weren't too talkative. They couldn't be. They were dead. If they were on that slab and alive... well there was more than one problem that way.
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Aislin Kane

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 07:28:35 am »
[Aislin's Quarters]

Aislin slowly put the book down.  What a climax in the story.  She felt such a loss for this fictional group.  Still, the story was slowly growing on her.  She was starting to see what Mercedes saw in these books.  And now Aislin was beginning to enjoy this adventure away from her real life.

Aislin sat up from her bed, she was to report for duty for the day shift.  Her time on Columbus thus far was a bit interesting, a slower pace, mundane one might say.  She didn't mind it though, she was beginning to get a routine for herself.  Still, she felt alone.  She didn't socialize much, never did.  It wasn't that she felt like an outsider, she was friendly to those she conversed with.  But so far she hadn't made any connections that grew from just regular conversation while on duty.

She styled her hair, straightened her uniform, and now it was time for duty.

[Flight Deck]

Offline Alex Harmon

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 10:46:20 am »
[Deck 4]

Ensign Alex Harmon had only just arrived on Starbase Columbus. With the increasing Strategic Importance of this sector and the events of the recent diplomatic conference, Starfleet Intelligence had decided that they needed a stronger presence in this region of space. So they sent Alex to work as an operative disguised as an Operations Officer. They had been incredibly vague, even for spies about what his duties were and they hadn't even told him who knew he was with Intelligence.

Alex approached Commander Stafford's office as he had been told to report to him immediately however, he noticed that there was already someone there, a woman in wearing Science Teal. He didn't say anything, preferring to keep his head down and attract as little attention as possible while he was assigned here. He simply stood there patiently waiting for his turn to see the CO.

James H. Hawk's Alt

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 12:54:59 pm »
CO's Office
Dan sat in the chair and was confused when the Commander mentioned something about a request to Starfleet Command and the fact it had been accepted. When the box was handed to him he gave a curious look before opening it to see a shiny black pip. He looked up at Commander Stafford and more a moment was speechless. His career in Starfleet wasn't exactly exemplary and he never thought he would make it to command.

Dan Smiled as Commander Stafford formally promoted him and gave him the position of Executive Officer. Dan also extended his hand as they shook. Still smiling, Dan replied "Thank you Sir, never thought I'd make it this far up the chain, feel free to still call me Dan."

CO's Office

"You're welcome, Dan. Congratulations." Handshake dispensed with, Stafford sat back down. "I wish we had more time to celebrate, but the show must go on. I'm sure you're aware that we've got shipments of biological pathogens on its way to the station. Until we get a new chief engineer, I am afraid you're going to have to wear two hats, so to speak. I want you to direct the engineering team and ensure that all proper protocol is followed."

=/\=Sevoc to Commander Stafford. Sir, I have the results from the analysis of the energy readings. They are as peculiar as the initial readings.=/\=

CO's Office

"=/\=Understood, ensign. Transmit the report to the chief science officer. For now, get yourself to the docking ring. The Curie is going to dock in a moment. We've got dangerous pathogens we need to neutralize on board that ship.=/\="

"Sorry, Dan, duty calls." Stafford said with a smile. "Dismissed, commander."

[Outside CO's Office]

Ashley's mind ran over every possible situation as she came to stand just outside the CO's office. What if she made a terrible first impression? What if he already didn't like her because of the grounds that she was transferred here on? It didn't really matter either way honestly. Whatever happened would happen, she was only here until she was better medically and then she was going back to a ship. As her nerves subsided slightly she reached out and pressed the door chime to let Luke know she was there.

[Deck 4]

Ensign Alex Harmon had only just arrived on Starbase Columbus. With the increasing Strategic Importance of this sector and the events of the recent diplomatic conference, Starfleet Intelligence had decided that they needed a stronger presence in this region of space. So they sent Alex to work as an operative disguised as an Operations Officer. They had been incredibly vague, even for spies about what his duties were and they hadn't even told him who knew he was with Intelligence.

Alex approached Commander Stafford's office as he had been told to report to him immediately however, he noticed that there was already someone there, a woman in wearing Science Teal. He didn't say anything, preferring to keep his head down and attract as little attention as possible while he was assigned here. He simply stood there patiently waiting for his turn to see the CO.

CO's Office

Stafford had already stood when he'd bid the XO farewell, and so made his slow way over to the door when the chime notified him of a visitor. It turned out to be two, the new science and operations officers.

"Lieutenant, ensign, enter." He realized the new officers were reporting in. So he made his slow way back to his desk, and remained standing. Stafford was here in his office, he might as well be formal.

Offline Jamie McConnell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I love you, my light
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 01:30:09 pm »
=^= Dr. Hasheem to Lt. Tritter, please report to Medical Bay section Beta.  =^=

With that the two women and the rest of their medical team waited patiently.  There was no need to rush and it was best to take their time than to rush and disaster happen.  Jamie placed her hands behind her back and smiled as she continued to study the area with her eyes.  She nodded to her technicians who began to review the technical status of the Columbus' sectioned off area.  They would make sure things were in order or fix it, either way, things were going as predicted and that was a good thing ....

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 01:42:51 pm »
[Sickbay]

"Fine, doc." he said, allowing the doctor to continue uninterrupted by him. He knew she was just doing her job... but she was here and he needed to vent. Occupational hazard, being a medic. Well, maybe not.

If he recalled correctly she spent quite a good amount of time with the morgue and patients who, if one was honest, weren't too talkative. They couldn't be. They were dead. If they were on that slab and alive... well there was more than one problem that way.

[Sickbay]

"Ok then" Zex replied.  She unfolder her arms and approached him again.  As she was finishing up with her exam, she asked just a few more questions.  "Have you noticed any personality changes since the incident?" she asked gingerly.

Hurt had been a bit agitated, so it was a fair question.  And, of course, it allowed her to make a point if only indirectly - the Deltan way.  "And how does you leg feel?" she asked indicating his pervious injury.

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 02:04:41 pm »

[Sickbay]

"Ok then" Zex replied.  She unfolder her arms and approached him again.  As she was finishing up with her exam, she asked just a few more questions.  "Have you noticed any personality changes since the incident?" she asked gingerly.

Hurt had been a bit agitated, so it was a fair question.  And, of course, it allowed her to make a point if only indirectly - the Deltan way.  "And how does you leg feel?" she asked indicating his pervious injury.

[Sickbay]

He sighed as she approached him again. She finished her job, thankfully, and stopped doing her tests on him like one would a slab of meat before it's cut up and distributed for consumption. "Let's see, I have had an alien digging around in my head- and the mind is a very precise and delicate thing. I'd say odds are that yes, I have likely had something changed. As to if it will change my ability to do my job, that's not happened."

"My leg is fine, thanks." he said. In reality it still ached a bit but it wasn't worth medication or exploratory surgery or whatever other butcher-shop tools and tests the medics wanted to run on him. He was glad the medic wasn't telepathic, as that would have been a whole new problem to deal with.
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 06:55:01 pm »
[Sickbay]

He sighed as she approached him again. She finished her job, thankfully, and stopped doing her tests on him like one would a slab of meat before it's cut up and distributed for consumption. "Let's see, I have had an alien digging around in my head- and the mind is a very precise and delicate thing. I'd say odds are that yes, I have likely had something changed. As to if it will change my ability to do my job, that's not happened."

"My leg is fine, thanks." he said. In reality it still ached a bit but it wasn't worth medication or exploratory surgery or whatever other butcher-shop tools and tests the medics wanted to run on him. He was glad the medic wasn't telepathic, as that would have been a whole new problem to deal with.

[Sickbay]

"That's a bit troubling" Zex admitted as she started putting her tools away.  "But I am willing to release you from Sickbay.  I would, however, like to see you back for a follow up in 3 days" she said.

"If the personality change is an issue, I would suggest you sit threw the personality screening.  We can match up your previous screening the new results we get.  I can even administer them myself" the Deltan suggested after she turned back to Hust.

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 12:07:01 am »
=^= Dr. Hasheem to Lt. Tritter, please report to Medical Bay section Beta.  =^=

With that the two women and the rest of their medical team waited patiently.  There was no need to rush and it was best to take their time than to rush and disaster happen.  Jamie placed her hands behind her back and smiled as she continued to study the area with her eyes.  She nodded to her technicians who began to review the technical status of the Columbus' sectioned off area.  They would make sure things were in order or fix it, either way, things were going as predicted and that was a good thing ....

[Main Promenade]

Tritter had been making his patrols through the Starbase, as he did so personally on a regular basis as he had a certain eye for weaknesses in ones armor if you will. He was in the middle of a discussion with an... upset business owner due to the lock down. The Lieutenant, although he often had the attitude of not giving a dang what others thought of him, he had a certain knack for calming upset people down and he applied those skills in this situation. A few moments later he would be interrupted by one of the base's Doctors. He listened intently to her and than he tapped his comm badge, replying with "Yes Lieutenant, on my way" His heart rate increased slightly, he hoped that she didn't want to play the Poke and Prod on him, as that was not something he enjoyed. But he also figured since they had some biological items headed their way, he figured that is what it is about.

He would exit the Promenade area and made his way to a turbo lift, the man keyed in for the Medical Bay as the doors slid shut. The man tapped his foot, as he got a bit... bored waiting for it. Once the turbo lift slid to a halt, the man stepped out of the turbo lift, ducking slightly as he wasn't necessarily a fan of hitting his head on the bulk heads. He would than make his way to the Medical Bay and walked inside, he would than greet a nearby Medical Crewmember he saw and said, "Ensign, can you direct me to Dr. Hasheem?" The man would reply to him, "Yes Lieutenant, follow me please" The man than turned his back to the Lieutenant and made his way to the back, and pointed out Dr. Hasheem to him, the Lieutenant would than walk up to her. He would than look over the female intently and than greet her with the following, "Hello Doctor, Lieutenant Tritter reporting as requested" His heavily accented voice was calm and assertive.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:24:23 am by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 02:05:28 am »
CO's Office

"You're welcome, Dan. Congratulations." Handshake dispensed with, Stafford sat back down. "I wish we had more time to celebrate, but the show must go on. I'm sure you're aware that we've got shipments of biological pathogens on its way to the station. Until we get a new chief engineer, I am afraid you're going to have to wear two hats, so to speak. I want you to direct the engineering team and ensure that all proper protocol is followed."

CO's Office

"=/\=Understood, ensign. Transmit the report to the chief science officer. For now, get yourself to the docking ring. The Curie is going to dock in a moment. We've got dangerous pathogens we need to neutralize on board that ship.=/\="

"Sorry, Dan, duty calls." Stafford said with a smile. "Dismissed, commander."

CO's Office

Stafford had already stood when he'd bid the XO farewell, and so made his slow way over to the door when the chime notified him of a visitor. It turned out to be two, the new science and operations officers.

"Lieutenant, ensign, enter." He realized the new officers were reporting in. So he made his slow way back to his desk, and remained standing. Stafford was here in his office, he might as well be formal.
CO's Office
"Thank You Sir, the show never stops!" Howell nodded as Commander Stafford explained about Howell looking after engineering, which he was more than happy to do. As he stood, he allowed Stafford to answer the hail before replying once more "Understood Sir, I'll have engineering running like clockwork, need to with something like this." and with that he left.

Howells Quarters
Now that Howell had been promoted to Command Division and with guest officers coming aboard which he had seen as he left Commander Stafford's Office, he decided it would be a good idea to change into a red colour uniform, so returning to his quarters, he quickly replicated and changed into a red shirt and placed his 2 gold pips and one shiny new black pip on his collar. With that he headed to engineering to ensure everything was ready as this was quite a dangerous mission.

Engineering
A few minutes later, Dan arrived in engineering, which was quite considerably busy, no doubt due to the requirements that this mission would bring. Certain officers in closer proximity noticed the now red shirt and black pip Dan was now wearing and nodded respectfully. Walking over to the center, Dan announced "Ok, listen up, as you know I have been acting First Officer for a couple of months now, and I have been lucky enough to get promoted to Executive Officer in full, but for now I am still acting as the department head for Engineering so you still report to me. Now, our latest mission given by Starfleet Command doesn't directly affect engineering, however Starfleet Medical are bringing dangerous pathogens on board to be disposed of, so I want to make sure that all biological and containment systems are working, so lets get to it and run some diagnostics on those systems, any problems throughout this mission with anything, even in the most minor detail is to be reported to be ASAP. Carry on." And as he finished, he walked over to a nearby terminal to conduct some diagnostics of his own.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles