Let's Come up with Our Next Villain

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, October 25, 2016, 05:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hey all,

So I have been given leeway by Admiral Kirok to come up with a brand new foe for us to contend with on the Columbus.

I had an idea that we are touching on in the current mission, but after running it past a crew-member who had a much BETTER idea I feel like we should all be in on the planning portion of this. Your input matters, especially when we are going to be creating an all new race or races of villains to fight!

So I want to hear your ideas. The only caveat that I have to hand down is that this species or group of species must:

Be hellbent on destroying the Federation

Their motive must be revenge because the Prime Directive nearly wiped out them out

They can be from another part of the galaxy if we want them to be

And that's it! The rest of it is all up to you. I and Dan are open to any and every idea. We'll decide as a group who we are going to fight for a few missions!

Do you have a species from another RP that you want to bring over? Let's see it. How about an idea for an alien race that you've had for a while or written into SF before that you thought needs more recognition? Let's hear it.

We'll keep this process going for as long as we need to, but I don't imagine that a group of creative writers like us will have much trouble coming up with an eminently satisfying villain. We have plenty of mission material for the Columbus in any case, so let's do something all our own and fun.

Happy brainstorming!

Michael J. Tritter

I will be posting a narrative on my entry when I get home from work.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

James A. Hawke

Luke,

Are you seeking a species or an individual villain?  I understood the former rather than the latter.

Thanks

James

Click on the Badge to see bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 25, 2016, 11:34:49 PM

Luke,

Are you seeking a species or an individual villain?  I understood the former rather than the latter.

Thanks

James

Hi James,

We are seeking a species.

However, I did want to limit this to input from the Columbus crew only.

Make a character for the SB!

Thanks,

Luke

James H. Hawk

I made a up species years ago (I think I'm allowed to be a part of this discussion now that I've made an Alt for the Starbase) that I could easily modify to fit this. I've called them the Chenclor years ago but I don't like that name too much so don't care if anyone wants to rename them (if this is chosen).

Here's some stuff abou them made to fit this:

History:

The Chenclor come from a region of space barely explored by Starfleet. In 2253, Starfleet had its first and only contact with the Chenclor when the USS Cook surveyed Cencren II, the Chenclor homeworld who were a the time a few years from Warp Capability. The Cook sent a landing party to investigate the plane after they found unusually high energy readings and seismic activity. They found that the planet was tearing itself apart, seemingly caused by extremely powerful explosives being detonated for years across the planet and also extensive mining. The Chenclor had been in a state of constant war for centuries. The Cook's science officer gave the planet about a year before it would become uninhabitable or explode like Qo'nos' moon Praxis later did. While taking soil samples the away team was captured, tortured and executed. The crew considered interfering and saving the planet but the captain refused to violate the prime directive and left the system.

In 2271, a Starfleet ship passing within long range scans detected that Cencren II had been destroyed and Starfleet never bothered to visit the Cencren system again.

Unbeknownst to the Federation, the Chenclor were unified shortly after the Cook left and were visited by the Klingons who attempted to invade Cencren II. When the Chenclor beat them back, the Klingon's struck a deal with them as they admired their skill in battle. The Klingon's would help move most of the population to Cencren III and give the Chenclor warp technology in exchange for the Chenclor's assistance against the Federation should the Klingon's call for them.

The Klingon's never did call on them, and never even visited again in fact, and the Chenclor founded their own empire, quietly expanding and conquering many systems. When the Chenclor learned that the Klingon's had entered an alliance with the Federation the seeked out the Romulan's for technological assistance which soon brought the Chenclor's technology to the same level of the Klingon's and Federation.

They have now emerged, attacking Federation ships near their space without warning.

Appearance:

The Chenclor are very tall, almost all of them are over two meters tall and naturally muscular. They are much stronger than humans and very competent warriors and strategists. They have white skin, no hair, pointed ears and later a on their face. I will post a picture of them in Star Trek Online when I get the chance.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: James H. Hawk on October 30, 2016, 01:02:15 PM

I made a up species years ago (I think I'm allowed to be a part of this discussion now that I've made an Alt for the Starbase) that I could easily modify to fit this. I've called them the Chenclor years ago but I don't like that name too much so don't care if anyone wants to rename them (if this is chosen).

Here's some stuff abou them made to fit this:

History:

The Chenclor come from a region of space barely explored by Starfleet. In 2253, Starfleet had its first and only contact with the Chenclor when the USS Cook surveyed Cencren II, the Chenclor homeworld who were a the time a few years from Warp Capability. The Cook sent a landing party to investigate the plane after they found unusually high energy readings and seismic activity. They found that the planet was tearing itself apart, seemingly caused by extremely powerful explosives being detonated for years across the planet and also extensive mining. The Chenclor had been in a state of constant war for centuries. The Cook's science officer gave the planet about a year before it would become uninhabitable or explode like Qo'nos' moon Praxis later did. While taking soil samples the away team was captured, tortured and executed. The crew considered interfering and saving the planet but the captain refused to violate the prime directive and left the system.

In 2271, a Starfleet ship passing within long range scans detected that Cencren II had been destroyed and Starfleet never bothered to visit the Cencren system again.

Unbeknownst to the Federation, the Chenclor were unified shortly after the Cook left and were visited by the Klingons who attempted to invade Cencren II. When the Chenclor beat them back, the Klingon's struck a deal with them as they admired their skill in battle. The Klingon's would help move most of the population to Cencren III and give the Chenclor warp technology in exchange for the Chenclor's assistance against the Federation should the Klingon's call for them.

The Klingon's never did call on them, and never even visited again in fact, and the Chenclor founded their own empire, quietly expanding and conquering many systems. When the Chenclor learned that the Klingon's had entered an alliance with the Federation the seeked out the Romulan's for technological assistance which soon brought the Chenclor's technology to the same level of the Klingon's and Federation.

They have now emerged, attacking Federation ships near their space without warning.

Appearance:

The Chenclor are very tall, almost all of them are over two meters tall and naturally muscular. They are much stronger than humans and very competent warriors and strategists. They have white skin, no hair, pointed ears and later a on their face. I will post a picture of them in Star Trek Online when I get the chance.

I like the concept. How do you think we could fit in them being destroyed by the Prime Directive, though?

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Luke Stafford on October 31, 2016, 12:38:56 PM

I like the concept. How do you think we could fit in them being destroyed by the Prime Directive, though?

Oh I wasn't very clear with that bit. When Starfleet first visited them them they could have tried to help save them and their plane but they refused to interfere with that species particularly since they had yet to develop warp drive. That's one of ether more modified bits of my idea.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: James H. Hawk on October 31, 2016, 12:52:34 PM

Oh I wasn't very clear with that hit. When Starfleet first visited them them they could have tried to help save them and their plane but they refused to interfere with that species particularly since they had yet to develop warp drive. That's one of ether more modified bits of my idea.

OK, cool. Sorry, I missed that part. Yes, this would certainly fit the bill.

I like this idea, but we'd need to flesh it out with a new name, as you said, and some stuff about their culture and how to RP them.

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Luke Stafford on October 31, 2016, 12:54:49 PM

OK, cool. Sorry, I missed that part. Yes, this would certainly fit the bill.

I like this idea, but we'd need to flesh it out with a new name, as you said, and some stuff about their culture and how to RP them.

Yep, I agree. I haven't thought much about their culture aside from them being Pragmatic and collectivists. They don't value the individual much and they work together to obtain their goals.

Malcolm Adeyemi

What does everyone think of a non-humanoid enemy?

Sevoc

Quote from: Luke Stafford on November 11, 2016, 02:51:21 PM

What does everyone think of a non-humanoid enemy?

Oooooh, what about Charlie X returning in a non-corporeal form?

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Sevoc on November 11, 2016, 04:35:55 PM

Oooooh, what about Charlie X returning in a non-corporeal form?

Just Charlie X or a whole species of Charlie Exes?

Sevoc

Quote from: Luke Stafford on November 11, 2016, 04:37:32 PM

Just Charlie X or a whole species of Charlie Exes?

A while species sounds dangerously interesting

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Sevoc on November 11, 2016, 05:24:55 PM

A while species sounds dangerously interesting

Indeed, it does. Refresh my memory on Charlie X, again? You are our resident TOS expert.

Hust Kinun

I'm loving the ideas that are coming up here. *pokes Sevok* I wanna hear details :P

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.