Rename the new Interceptor class ship & XO/SO Applications

Started by Kirok, October 22, 2016, 02:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

All,

By a vote of 10 to 4, you have elected to keep the 'Phoenix' crew together and transfer them to a new ship.

Initially, they will move to an Interceptor class ship named the 'USS Gettysburg.'

Remember their primary mission will be to bring members of Section 31 to justice for the crimes they have committed!  As such, I have taken the liberty of creating an outline for the first six missions.  Please see the list below:

---

USS Gettysburg
Season One (November 2394 - August 2395)

Mission 1: Arch Enemies  November 1 - X

A new ship, a new crew, & a new mission!  Admiral Kirok and his new crew start their adventure together on Bajor.  They are celebrated as heroes for bringing the truth to light regarding the true identity of the group who massacred the people of Tarna.  They are asked to bring the members of Section 31 responsible to justice.

Mission 2: Fight Fire with Fire  X  Á¢â,¬"œ Y, Z

The best offense is defense!  A visit to the Orb of Wisdom provides Kirok with information on the location of a Section 31 cell.  It also gives him a clue as to how to defeat them.  But will the half Vulcal follow logic or faith?

Mission 3: Asteroid Katra  X  Á¢â,¬"œ Y, Z

Things happen in threes!  Three months after their trip to Tarna, the crew plans some time off at their new 'secret' hide out.  They are not the first of be here, but possibly the very last.

Mission 4: Red Alert  X  Á¢â,¬"œ Y, Z

Danger, danger, danger!  The day crew wakes up to blaring red alert klaxons.  They scramble to their stations to fend off their attackers.  But will they be fast enough to save their cohort or the station?

Mission 5: Gamma Gateway  X  Á¢â,¬"œ Y, Z

New hope or new threat?  Eve figures out a way to open up the Borg transwarp corridor to the Gamma Quadrant.  A way for the crew to escape the ever present threat to Section 31 if needed.  But also a way for being from the Gamma Quadrant to enter their.

Mission 6: Time Paradox  X  Á¢â,¬"œ Y, Z

Out of time!?!  The Section 31 Wells class ship is back and landing shots with pin point accuracy.  There can only be one logical reason.  But can Kirok and the crew give up one of their only advantages to save them from certain death?[/color]

---

Our next task should be to come up with a suitable name for the ship.  The USS Shran has already been mentioned.  But I would like to hear other suggestions below!

Also, given that the crew will stay together, it will need a new XO and a new SO at some point in the future.  As such, I would like to be the first to start using an 'application process' that the CLOs have been discussing.  So, if you have an interest in either position, please PM me!

For both positions, I am specifically looking for a people with a high activity level.  Secondly, I am looking for a team player - someone who can play well with others and who can create a community atmosphere.  Finally, I am looking for someone I can trust to handle SIMM if I ever need to take some time off.

If those qualities describe you, please PM me!

Respectfully,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kachina Filitov

Maybe we should look to other Navy's of the world for inspiration. So far, all the ships stem from US Navy ship names. How about, in nod to those of us on this side of the Atlantic, we pick a ship from the history of the Royal Navy. Hood, Ark Royal, Prince Of Wales, indefatigable etc

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on October 22, 2016, 11:22:29 AM

Maybe we should look to other Navy's of the world for inspiration. So far, all the ships stem from US Navy ship names. How about, in nod to those of us on this side of the Atlantic, we pick a ship from the history of the Royal Navy. Hood, Ark Royal, Prince Of Wales, indefatigable etc

I agree but I also like the idea of having ships that don't have a clearly American or British or whatever name like Gettysburg and Prince of Wales are quite clearly American and British however Indefatigable and Indomitable although named after British ships are not clearly a British thing, if that all makes sense.

Kirok

Quote from: James H. Hawk on October 22, 2016, 01:11:24 PM

I agree but I also like the idea of having ships that don't have a clearly American or British or whatever name like Gettysburg and Prince of Wales are quite clearly American and British however Indefatigable and Indomitable although named after British ships are not clearly a British thing, if that all makes sense.

Personally, I would prefer a ship name that is not Earth-centric.

Given that Kirok is half Vulcan, USS Katra would be fitting.

But also lets take into consideration that the new ship will be an assault vessel.

A name that would highlight that point would be cool!

So, maybe something like USS Bat'leth could possibly work.

Steve Marshall

An interceptor class?. Not sure of that class. We could have it as

USS Interceptor
USS Raider
USS Hawke.

But hey what do I know am only the security officer lol

Lizzie Vaughan

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

James A. Hawke

Quote from: Steve Marshall on October 22, 2016, 04:35:26 PM

An interceptor class?. Not sure of that class. We could have it as

USS Interceptor
USS Raider
USS Hawke.

But hey what do I know am only the security officer lol

I am down with the USS Hawke!

Click on the Badge to see bio

Daniel Howell

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Kirok

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on October 22, 2016, 04:50:19 PM

What about USS Interceptor!

Sadly that has been done already (USS Interceptor (NX/NCC-77197) - 2374)

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 22, 2016, 06:11:29 PM

I am down with the USS Hawke!

So we have a 2nd for two of the names so far:

USS Shran
USS Hawke

Do we have a 2nd for any others?

Lizzie Vaughan

How about USS Indefatigable? If not then I would go with USS Shran

In Memorium.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on October 22, 2016, 09:16:00 PM

How about USS Indefatigable? If not then I would go with USS Shran

Same. Either of these would be great.

Kirok

Lizzie Vaughan

In Memorium.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Kirok on October 22, 2016, 09:37:51 PM

So, which of the those two would you vote for?

USS Shran.

It's an assault vessel and Shran was a Federation commando. Enough said.

Julia Rellek

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.