Tribble Math!

Started by Dylan Torngate, October 03, 2016, 03:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Torngate

We all know tribbles: Cute, Cuddly, and putting rabbits to shame, especially in one particular department. To quote one Doctor, "As far as I can tell, they're born pregnant". So I put it to the test. I found this little link,

http://www.movoto.com/blog/novelty-real-estate/star-trek-tribbles/

and have been having fun with it. For example, the Tesla Gigafactory, (10 million square feet of space), if 1 tribble is introduced with enough grain to eat to it's heart's content, with an average litter of 10 every 12 hours, at exponential growth:

in 96 hours one floor of the factory will be filled. With 192,307,692 tribbles. That's a lot of tribbles. Add that up, and add more floors... yeah that's a lot of tribbles.

So how about you? What did you choose? (Note: Planetary bodies are on too massive of a scale to process, please don't be that guy.)

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Daniel Howell

I chose the Shard, for those of you who don't know, it is a famous building in London. The floor space of is 1,200,000 and has 95 floors. The made a calculation of 23,076,923 in 96 hours.

Not as much as you Dylan, but still quite a lot.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.