It's a Mess in Here [Dylan/Ash]

Started by Dylan Torngate, October 03, 2016, 01:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on October 20, 2016, 05:38:06 PM

[Dylan's Quarters]

"Scotch." he said, in response to her question before moving on. "Picked it up as a kid on freighters." He had indeed done it, but not this replicated mess... he had been brought into it on the pure stuff- oldstyle Earth Scotch, with real alcohol instead of whatever excuse the replicator put in there.

"Yeah," he said, sighing as he looked at his glove, "The holodeck. Got a program with my old team, they play and talk just like them. I usually place them up against old earth teams... sometimes I get my pants beaten off me and other times we do the same to them. Not the same as real, but pretty darn close. I don't use the current team... they've sucked quite a bit this year. Shame too, they were a winning team a few years ago."

He scrolled through a PADD, old team pictures, and one with his team in front of and around the trophy they'd won that year- league champions. Regardless, he kept in contact with some of them. Others he hadn't heard from in a long time. It was likely they didn't even remember the names of the teams they'd played against.

"Well you do have a point..." he said to her comment on her state of clothing. He shrugged a little, not really thinking her attire a problem. "Well you can always borrow my replicator if you need it." he said, shrugging. It's not like they were stranded somewhere with limited replicator supplies, or anything. That fate was not for this intrepid class. He didn't know if she'd want to change or anything, but he threw the offer out there nonetheless.

When she made her snide remarks, he had contemplated hitting her with a pillow but had decided that to be rude. It was tempting, however... but also a bad idea. He simply made some mumbling noises, something along the lines of "butit'scomfy", but he eventually got himself back up. "Aye but if I got too comfortable I'd never get up." he said, dramatically making an effort to rise but mock falling back down. "Nope, trapped. Not moving." he said, smiling at her. He joined in on her laughing, the tones mixing and him ending up smiling broadly, quite comfortable for once and realizing how tired he really was. It was becoming an effort to stay awake. "So..." he muttered, fading out already. "Shall we go get to work or sleep?"

[Dylan's Quarters]

As Dylan talked, Ash tucked the little details she was learning about him into the back of her head, making a mental note to come back to them some other time. Scotch, freighters, baseball... Maybe he could show me sometime. When he offered her his replicator, she bit her lip and looked down at her clothes once more. "It's tempting, but there's one problem... I don't feel motivated enough to get up and put in that much effort when I'll just end up a mess again later." She smiled at Dylan again, truly appreciating the offer.

What little control Ash had on her laughter fell away at Dylan's antics. She could hardly breathe she was laughing so hard, and it only got worse as Dylan added his laughter to the mix. She grabbed the nearest pillow and brought it down on his head, collapsing into yet another round of uncontrolled giggles. By the time they finally stopped laughing, the both had brilliant smiles stretched across their faces.

Ash laid on her back and looked up at the ceiling as she caught her breath a bit and her energy level came crashing down hard. At Dylan's voice, she turned and saw her own exhaustion written on his face. In fact, he seemed to be falling asleep even as he talked to her. She felt a yawn escape her mouth and she laughed. "Staaaaaaap. Just looking at you makes me tired!" A sleepy little smile spread across her face as she continued. "As much as I'd like to go play with the shiny new shelves, I'm afraid it's impossible. This crafty bed of yours seems to have trapped you already. And... it might... trap me... if... I'm not... careful..." She felt herself slowing down and did her best to keep her eyes open, but it was quickly becoming a losing battle.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on October 20, 2016, 10:31:50 PM

[Dylan's Quarters]

As Dylan talked, Ash tucked the little details she was learning about him into the back of her head, making a mental note to come back to them some other time. Scotch, freighters, baseball... Maybe he could show me sometime. When he offered her his replicator, she bit her lip and looked down at her clothes once more. "It's tempting, but there's one problem... I don't feel motivated enough to get up and put in that much effort when I'll just end up a mess again later." She smiled at Dylan again, truly appreciating the offer.

What little control Ash had on her laughter fell away at Dylan's antics. She could hardly breathe she was laughing so hard, and it only got worse as Dylan added his laughter to the mix. She grabbed the nearest pillow and brought it down on his head, collapsing into yet another round of uncontrolled giggles. By the time they finally stopped laughing, the both had brilliant smiles stretched across their faces.

Ash laid on her back and looked up at the ceiling as she caught her breath a bit and her energy level came crashing down hard. At Dylan's voice, she turned and saw her own exhaustion written on his face. In fact, he seemed to be falling asleep even as he talked to her. She felt a yawn escape her mouth and she laughed. "Staaaaaaap. Just looking at you makes me tired!" A sleepy little smile spread across her face as she continued. "As much as I'd like to go play with the shiny new shelves, I'm afraid it's impossible. This crafty bed of yours seems to have trapped you already. And... it might... trap me... if... I'm not... careful..." She felt herself slowing down and did her best to keep her eyes open, but it was quickly becoming a losing battle.

[Quarters]

He retalitated in kind as she brough a pillow down on him. They broke down into children, acting as two kids and doing all kinds of things... Jumping on the bed, hitting with pillows, all sorts of things. If someone outside didn't know better, they'd think it acutally was children. He eventually surrenedered after blows, curling up and giggling. He was having marvellous fun, and he thought she was as well.

He managed a sleepy grin before finally drifting off, his sleep seemingly flattening his face and taking months of stress and worry off his face. He was sound asleep, and wouldn't wake for a few hours.

[Some time Later- 0500 Hours]

Dylan awoke, feeling more refreshed than he'd been in a while. He looked around, not placing himself at first until he recognized Ash there. The previous night rushed back to him, and he smiled. He checked his duty shift PADD- he wasn't on duty till the second shift tonight. He was happy with that, at least. It was up to when he could get some work in on the mess hall.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on October 20, 2016, 11:09:59 PM

[Quarters]

He retaliated in kind as she brought a pillow down on him. They broke down into children, acting as two kids and doing all kinds of things... Jumping on the bed, hitting with pillows, all sorts of things. If someone outside didn't know better, they'd think it actually was children. He eventually surrendered after blows, curling up and giggling. He was having marvelous fun, and he thought she was as well.

He managed a sleepy grin before finally drifting off, his sleep seemingly flattening his face and taking months of stress and worry off his face. He was sound asleep, and wouldn't wake for a few hours.

[Some time Later- 0500 Hours]

Dylan awoke, feeling more refreshed than he'd been in a while. He looked around, not placing himself at first until he recognized Ash there. The previous night rushed back to him, and he smiled. He checked his duty shift PADD- he wasn't on duty till the second shift tonight. He was happy with that, at least. It was up to when he could get some work in on the mess hall.

[Dylan's Quarters]

Ash managed to stay awake just long enough to see Dylan smile at her before she surrendered to sleep - a deep, dreamless sleep like she hadn't had since joining the Athena.

[0500 Hours]

Ash found herself pulled from her sleep as the bed shifted slightly. She curled further into her pillow and let out a small sigh as her eyelids fluttered open slowly. She sleepily stared at the baseball bat leaning up against the wall for a couple minutes, not quite awake and processing yet. Hmm... Baseball... Dylan plays baseball... Wait... Oh right. Dylan! She smiled to herself as she remembered just how much fun they had had last night. Her sides were actually sore from the amount of laughing they had done. Part of her was surprised at how easily the two of them had fallen into this close friendship. There was just something so... comfortable about him. It was so easy to relax and just be foolish and enjoy herself. Her smile grew as she remembered the magnificent pillow fight victory she had managed. She was pretty sure he let her win, but she didn't really care.

She stretched and emitted a small yawn before turning onto her other side, where she found herself facing Dylan - already wide awake and checking something on a PADD. Oh. Right. Baseball bat. Dylan's room. She hardly even remembered falling asleep, but somehow she had ended up under a blanket with a pillow. When he eventually looked over and found her awake she was already grinning. "I told you your bed was crafty, didn't I? Looks like it somehow it managed to ensnare us both."

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on October 21, 2016, 12:09:42 AM

[Dylan's Quarters]

Ash managed to stay awake just long enough to see Dylan smile at her before she surrendered to sleep - a deep, dreamless sleep like she hadn't had since joining the Athena.

[0500 Hours]

Ash found herself pulled from her sleep as the bed shifted slightly. She curled further into her pillow and let out a small sigh as her eyelids fluttered open slowly. She sleepily stared at the baseball bat leaning up against the wall for a couple minutes, not quite awake and processing yet. Hmm... Baseball... Dylan plays baseball... Wait... Oh right. Dylan! She smiled to herself as she remembered just how much fun they had had last night. Her sides were actually sore from the amount of laughing they had done. Part of her was surprised at how easily the two of them had fallen into this close friendship. There was just something so... comfortable about him. It was so easy to relax and just be foolish and enjoy herself. Her smile grew as she remembered the magnificent pillow fight victory she had managed. She was pretty sure he let her win, but she didn't really care.

She stretched and emitted a small yawn before turning onto her other side, where she found herself facing Dylan - already wide awake and checking something on a PADD. Oh. Right. Baseball bat. Dylan's room. She hardly even remembered falling asleep, but somehow she had ended up under a blanket with a pillow. When he eventually looked over and found her awake she was already grinning. "I told you your bed was crafty, didn't I? Looks like it somehow it managed to ensnare us both."

[Quarters]

As he saw her wake up, he smiled. She had been sleeping pretty peacefully, and Dylan himself had been working. He'd tried to at least make the place semi-presentable.... barely. He'd had limited success, but it was better than nothing. He tried to keep the noise down by moving back to his PADD, clearing more reports and documents, the soft beeps of the device a sight quieter than his regular noisy work. She woke, however, and appeared to be spaced out for more than a few minutes. During that time he got some basic food, and a mug of coffee for him and a mug of tea which he placed nearby for her. He returned to his work until she gained consciousness fully.

"Morning sleepyhead." he said, grinning as he took a sip of his drink. As she extracted herself from the sheets, he laughed a bit. 'Her hair was likely a mess', he thought to himself, as he kept working along. With the work mostly done he set the PADD aside, before lightly tossing a pillow at her. "Yeah yeah so you were right... but we needed the sleep, and you know it!" he said, rolling his eyes. He felt more refreshed than he had in a while, especially for actually sleeping. He began to eat a bit, offering her food as she got up. "So, think you'll need to use the replicator today?" he asked, thinking of how rumpled her clothes could be from a night of sleeping as she did. And the pillow fight. And everythign else. He smiled at the memories, really enjoying the night. "Oh, and if you're still up to it I can continue working on the project in the mess for a bit today."

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on October 31, 2016, 06:02:15 PM

[Quarters]

As he saw her wake up, he smiled. She had been sleeping pretty peacefully, and Dylan himself had been working. He'd tried to at least make the place semi-presentable.... barely. He'd had limited success, but it was better than nothing. He tried to keep the noise down by moving back to his PADD, clearing more reports and documents, the soft beeps of the device a sight quieter than his regular noisy work. She woke, however, and appeared to be spaced out for more than a few minutes. During that time he got some basic food, and a mug of coffee for him and a mug of tea which he placed nearby for her. He returned to his work until she gained consciousness fully.

"Morning sleepyhead." he said, grinning as he took a sip of his drink. As she extracted herself from the sheets, he laughed a bit. 'Her hair was likely a mess', he thought to himself, as he kept working along. With the work mostly done he set the PADD aside, before lightly tossing a pillow at her. "Yeah yeah so you were right... but we needed the sleep, and you know it!" he said, rolling his eyes. He felt more refreshed than he had in a while, especially for actually sleeping. He began to eat a bit, offering her food as she got up. "So, think you'll need to use the replicator today?" he asked, thinking of how rumpled her clothes could be from a night of sleeping as she did. And the pillow fight. And everything else. He smiled at the memories, really enjoying the night. "Oh, and if you're still up to it I can continue working on the project in the mess for a bit today."

[Dylan's Quarters]

She giggled as the pillow landed on her face, and she tossed it back before propping herself up. "Okay... Maybe a little sleep was necessary." Ash disentangled herself from the sheets and sat cross-legged on Dylan's bed, stretching her arms above her head and looking around the room as she yawned one last time. It looked like he had cleaned up a bit, but a lot of the aftermath from last night was still evident. Well, his room definitely looks lived in now... Oops. "Mmm... Morning yourself." She returned his smile with one of her own.

At Dylan's chuckles, she gave him a curious little look, then caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and figured it out. Starting to laugh herself, she ran her hands through her wild hair as a light blush creeped up her neck. A mischievous smile grew on her face, however, as she turned back to Dylan. "You've got no room to laugh. Your hair suffered from last night's activities just as much as mine did." She stuck her tongue out and fell into a fit of giggles. It was true. A few tufts of his hair were awkwardly sticking up in front, and one side of his head was mussed up from the pillow. Remembering the fun they had last night brought a large smile to Ash's face, but spotting the tea sitting nearby, her smile grew even wider. "Is this for me?? Oh! You're absolutely fantastic!" She cradled the mug with both hands and took a long sip with her eyes closed before letting out a content sigh.

She slid out of the bed and padded over in her bare feet to where Dylan sat at the table. She gladly accepted the offered food and started eating, pausing to glance over herself at Dylan's offer of his replicator. Her clothes had been stained last night, but now they were rumpled and wrinkly on top of everything. "Umm... Yeah... I think it's safe to assume I'll need to change... Except... I've uh, never replicated clothes before... Do you think you could show me?" She was mildly embarrassed by her lack of knowledge, but was slowly growing comfortable with asking Dylan for help. Slowly. "Then if we can get me looking halfway presentable, I'd like nothing more than to continue working on our little project... At least, once I get everything up and running there for the day, which never takes long."

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on November 01, 2016, 12:18:13 AM

[Dylan's Quarters]

She giggled as the pillow landed on her face, and she tossed it back before propping herself up. "Okay... Maybe a little sleep was necessary." Ash disentangled herself from the sheets and sat cross-legged on Dylan's bed, stretching her arms above her head and looking around the room as she yawned one last time. It looked like he had cleaned up a bit, but a lot of the aftermath from last night was still evident. Well, his room definitely looks lived in now... Oops. "Mmm... Morning yourself." She returned his smile with one of her own.

At Dylan's chuckles, she gave him a curious little look, then caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and figured it out. Starting to laugh herself, she ran her hands through her wild hair as a light blush creeped up her neck. A mischievous smile grew on her face, however, as she turned back to Dylan. "You've got no room to laugh. Your hair suffered from last night's activities just as much as mine did." She stuck her tongue out and fell into a fit of giggles. It was true. A few tufts of his hair were awkwardly sticking up in front, and one side of his head was mussed up from the pillow. Remembering the fun they had last night brought a large smile to Ash's face, but spotting the tea sitting nearby, her smile grew even wider. "Is this for me?? Oh! You're absolutely fantastic!" She cradled the mug with both hands and took a long sip with her eyes closed before letting out a content sigh.

She slid out of the bed and padded over in her bare feet to where Dylan sat at the table. She gladly accepted the offered food and started eating, pausing to glance over herself at Dylan's offer of his replicator. Her clothes had been stained last night, but now they were rumpled and wrinkly on top of everything. "Umm... Yeah... I think it's safe to assume I'll need to change... Except... I've uh, never replicated clothes before... Do you think you could show me?" She was mildly embarrassed by her lack of knowledge, but was slowly growing comfortable with asking Dylan for help. Slowly. "Then if we can get me looking halfway presentable, I'd like nothing more than to continue working on our little project... At least, once I get everything up and running there for the day, which never takes long."

[Dylan's Quarters]

He ducked as she threw the pillow back. It hit the wall and fell with a soft thump. He went over and picked it up as she got up, sighing at how huge the mess they'd made was. It was a lot to clean up- but it could be done later. He walked over as she spoke. "Mmhm, yeah. It's not gonna get cleaned up though. Not right now, at least." he said, grinning. He saw her blush again. He didn't let on he saw it, though he simply returned to drinking his coffee, which wasn't so much coffee as it was caffiene with a bit of other liquids added in. It woke him up, at least.

He tried to hide his laughing, to little avail. He looked over in the same mirror as she pointed out the state of his hair as well. With nothing to hide it with he simply ran his fingers through it, trying to do anything he could, but it wasn't much. He figured he'd have to work on that for a few minutes- or at least just throw a hat on. He'd deal with that later. It seemed a lot of this was procrastinating, however, so he went over and fixed it in the bathrooom quickly. It wasn't perfect but it was a sight better than before. At least, it was within regulations, and that was the best he could ask for. He smiled as she found the tea. It was always a good thing to wake up to- caffine had asserted itself as the number one most consumed drug on the market. And it didn't help that supply was now virtually unlimited.

He nodded as she said she'd like to continue work on the project. With all his stuff together he could leave whenever. "Well, can't say I'll be any good with this machine, I don't use it for fashion but we can always try." he said, walking over to it after taking another sip of still blazing hot coffee. Steam fogged his vision momentarily before he got there. He waited for her, still waking up to the day. He was usually faster than this, but he had nothing else to do today, and he had a guest.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on November 01, 2016, 03:06:49 PM

[Dylan's Quarters]

He ducked as she threw the pillow back. It hit the wall and fell with a soft thump. He went over and picked it up as she got up, sighing at how huge the mess they'd made was. It was a lot to clean up- but it could be done later. He walked over as she spoke. "Mmhm, yeah. It's not gonna get cleaned up though. Not right now, at least." he said, grinning. He saw her blush again. He didn't let on he saw it, though he simply returned to drinking his coffee, which wasn't so much coffee as it was caffeine with a bit of other liquids added in. It woke him up, at least.

He tried to hide his laughing, to little avail. He looked over in the same mirror as she pointed out the state of his hair as well. With nothing to hide it with he simply ran his fingers through it, trying to do anything he could, but it wasn't much. He figured he'd have to work on that for a few minutes- or at least just throw a hat on. He'd deal with that later. It seemed a lot of this was procrastinating, however, so he went over and fixed it in the bathroom quickly. It wasn't perfect but it was a sight better than before. At least, it was within regulations, and that was the best he could ask for. He smiled as she found the tea. It was always a good thing to wake up to- caffeine had asserted itself as the number one most consumed drug on the market. And it didn't help that supply was now virtually unlimited.

He nodded as she said she'd like to continue work on the project. With all his stuff together he could leave whenever. "Well, can't say I'll be any good with this machine, I don't use it for fashion but we can always try." he said, walking over to it after taking another sip of still blazing hot coffee. Steam fogged his vision momentarily before he got there. He waited for her, still waking up to the day. He was usually faster than this, but he had nothing else to do today, and he had a guest.

[Dylan's Quarters]

Ash grabbed her mug of tea and made her over to where Dylan stood by the replicator. She moved somewhat slowly to avoid tripping over the mess that was strewn about the floor. "Remind me to help you clean this up later," she mused upon reaching him. "It's nearly as bad as the mess hall - Oh. Your hair. Here, hold still." Dylan had managed to partially fix his hair, but he was still somewhat disheveled looking, so Ash handed him her tea and (before he likely realized what was happening) reached up and smoothed his hair back into place. "There. As stylish as ever." She grabbed her tea from his hands and ran a hand through her own hair. "If only my hair was half as easy to work with as yours... Maybe it wouldn't look like such a mess all the time." She smiled wryly and shook her mass of crazy, black waves to emphasize her point, laughing as it ended up covering her face to the point that she couldn't see Dylan.

Ash made no move to brush the hair away from her eyes and instead just leaned against the wall by the replicator, turning her face towards where she thought Dylan was. "Honestly, we don't need to worry about it being that fashionable. I just need functional... And not stained and wrinkly. 'Pretty' is just a bonus - which you've probably realized by now that I rarely achieve." She said this all with a smile in her voice while continuing to lounge against the wall. "Go ahead and just pick whatever you think you could see me wearing. I'm really not that picky at all. Besides, you made me make decisions last night. So it's your turn now." She jokingly stuck her tongue out at Dylan, but she was determined to be stubborn on this point.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on November 01, 2016, 05:29:00 PM

[Dylan's Quarters]

Ash grabbed her mug of tea and made her over to where Dylan stood by the replicator. She moved somewhat slowly to avoid tripping over the mess that was strewn about the floor. "Remind me to help you clean this up later," she mused upon reaching him. "It's nearly as bad as the mess hall - Oh. Your hair. Here, hold still." Dylan had managed to partially fix his hair, but he was still somewhat disheveled looking, so Ash handed him her tea and (before he likely realized what was happening) reached up and smoothed his hair back into place. "There. As stylish as ever." She grabbed her tea from his hands and ran a hand through her own hair. "If only my hair was half as easy to work with as yours... Maybe it wouldn't look like such a mess all the time." She smiled wryly and shook her mass of crazy, black waves to emphasize her point, laughing as it ended up covering her face to the point that she couldn't see Dylan.

Ash made no move to brush the hair away from her eyes and instead just leaned against the wall by the replicator, turning her face towards where she thought Dylan was. "Honestly, we don't need to worry about it being that fashionable. I just need functional... And not stained and wrinkly. 'Pretty' is just a bonus - which you've probably realized by now that I rarely achieve." She said this all with a smile in her voice while continuing to lounge against the wall. "Go ahead and just pick whatever you think you could see me wearing. I'm really not that picky at all. Besides, you made me make decisions last night. So it's your turn now." She jokingly stuck her tongue out at Dylan, but she was determined to be stubborn on this point.

[Quarters]

He didn't notice her come over until she was literally right next to him. He almost jumped when she appeared next to him, but managed to restrain himself. "Aah, don't worry about cleaning it up. I'll get to it... next time I'm in the room." he said, not admitting that he wouldn't likely be here for quite a while. He stood straight up as she mussed with his hair- likely fixing it from the chaos he had it as. He didn't care much- it was hair. He usually kept it short and tight, but he hadn't found the time to deal with it. Oh well. More to do... later. Procrastination had it's perks. "Well I don't think it looks too bad." he said, shrugging. Then again, when it came to matters of fashion he was the last person to talk to . He would save that for people who knew better.

He looked over as she flowed her hair, obscuring his vision. He rolled his eyes as she looked to where she thought he was. He tapped her on the shoulder. "Over here, silly." She was a bit off- but it was pretty funny and he barely controlled a laugh. He fiddled with the replicator as best he could, getting close approximations of what she had been wearing, and tried to make it work. He succeeded- mostly. It might be a bit big but not too too bad. "Uhh, well, this might work." he said, shrugging. She had been stubborn, but hey, he'd made it work. At least now she didn't have the smell of mechanicals around her.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on November 07, 2016, 05:27:52 PM

[Quarters]

He didn't notice her come over until she was literally right next to him. He almost jumped when she appeared next to him, but managed to restrain himself. "Aah, don't worry about cleaning it up. I'll get to it... next time I'm in the room." he said, not admitting that he wouldn't likely be here for quite a while. He stood straight up as she mussed with his hair- likely fixing it from the chaos he had it as. He didn't care much- it was hair. He usually kept it short and tight, but he hadn't found the time to deal with it. Oh well. More to do... later. Procrastination had it's perks. "Well I don't think it looks too bad." he said, shrugging. Then again, when it came to matters of fashion he was the last person to talk to . He would save that for people who knew better.

He looked over as she flowed her hair, obscuring his vision. He rolled his eyes as she looked to where she thought he was. He tapped her on the shoulder. "Over here, silly." She was a bit off- but it was pretty funny and he barely controlled a laugh. He fiddled with the replicator as best he could, getting close approximations of what she had been wearing, and tried to make it work. He succeeded- mostly. It might be a bit big but not too too bad. "Uhh, well, this might work." he said, shrugging. She had been stubborn, but hey, he'd made it work. At least now she didn't have the smell of mechanicals around her.

[Dylan's Quarters]

She scoffed as Dylan told her not to worry about his room. "I made part of the mess, so I'm gonna help you clean it up. Besides, compared to the mess hall, this will be no job at all, really." Ash giggled and brushed her hair out of her eyes after Dylan corrected her position, and watched over his shoulder as he worked on the replicator. She was eager to absorb everything he did so that she might learn how to do it herself sometime - after all, this seemed like a pretty basic skill for life on a starship.

Ash accepted the clothes from Dylan with a smile and moved into relative privacy where she could change. She was mostly sure he couldn't see, and was entirely sure he'd give her privacy regardless. "You know," she called around the corner, "these aren't half bad. For someone who knows 'nothing,' you picked a beautiful color. She meant what she said, too. She peeled out of her grease-stained clothes and slipped the soft, blue fabric of the shirt over her shoulders. It was a little roomy, but with the sash around the waist, you couldn't really tell. She finished changing and joined Dylan again, doing a little twirl in front of him. "Well, what do you think of your handiwork?"

She took care of their dishes and slid on her shoes, then moved to the door. She looked over her shoulder at Dylan with a smile. "I'm ready when you are."

[Mass Hall - A Few Hours Later]

Ash wiped her hands off on a towel and surveyed the mess hall. Everything was opened and cleaned, ready for the day, and she had gotten everything set and ready for the morning mealtime. She made her way over to the stack of disassembled shelves and took a seat near Dylan. "Well, everything on my end is settled until lunch. Are we ready to start putting these beauties together?" Ash was practically bubbling with excitement. It was going to be so nice to actually have the mess hall cleaned and organized - this time permanently if the design worked.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on November 15, 2016, 05:19:36 PM

[Dylan's Quarters]

She scoffed as Dylan told her not to worry about his room. "I made part of the mess, so I'm gonna help you clean it up. Besides, compared to the mess hall, this will be no job at all, really." Ash giggled and brushed her hair out of her eyes after Dylan corrected her position, and watched over his shoulder as he worked on the replicator. She was eager to absorb everything he did so that she might learn how to do it herself sometime - after all, this seemed like a pretty basic skill for life on a starship.

Ash accepted the clothes from Dylan with a smile and moved into relative privacy where she could change. She was mostly sure he couldn't see, and was entirely sure he'd give her privacy regardless. "You know," she called around the corner, "these aren't half bad. For someone who knows 'nothing,' you picked a beautiful color. She meant what she said, too. She peeled out of her grease-stained clothes and slipped the soft, blue fabric of the shirt over her shoulders. It was a little roomy, but with the sash around the waist, you couldn't really tell. She finished changing and joined Dylan again, doing a little twirl in front of him. "Well, what do you think of your handiwork?"

She took care of their dishes and slid on her shoes, then moved to the door. She looked over her shoulder at Dylan with a smile. "I'm ready when you are."

[Mass Hall - A Few Hours Later]

Ash wiped her hands off on a towel and surveyed the mess hall. Everything was opened and cleaned, ready for the day, and she had gotten everything set and ready for the morning mealtime. She made her way over to the stack of disassembled shelves and took a seat near Dylan. "Well, everything on my end is settled until lunch. Are we ready to start putting these beauties together?" Ash was practically bubbling with excitement. It was going to be so nice to actually have the mess hall cleaned and organized - this time permanently if the design worked.

[Mess Hall]

Dylan walked in behind her, an old-style rachet set in his hand. He had foregone the regular toolkit in favor of some good old fashioned hand tools- sometimes the oldest ones worked best. He sat it down with a soft clank, and walked over to the bundles of bolts, bars, and beams that had been beamed precisely in the middle of everything- right in the way. He quickly moved them over to the side, out of the way but to a cleared area where they could work. He snapped off the metal containers, letting the parts fall apart in a little heap, but a lot of noise. He looked over to Ash sheepishly. "Oops...." he said, glancing around. The good news was that nobody gave him any nasty looks due to it. The bad news was there were no customers to give him nasty looks. Word had gotten around that the Mess hall was still a Mess, and people wern't going near it. That would change... it'd just take time.

He immediately recognized a problem. It was a problem that had vexed working people since the dawn of time- he'd forgotten to add instructions. It wasn't like he'd usually use them, but now he had to actually think about how this worked. He began sorting parts out, opening the little metal box and getting out the ratchet, trying to figure out what size was being used. He looked up as she wakled over. "Yeah should be fun." he said, looking like a kid with an old building set- ready to get to work and see what happened. He fished around for a PADD, looking for the schematics, but realized that they were in his quarters... in his toolkit.... which he'd forgotten- or more properly left- behind.

Realizing this, he looked up to Ash, his face growing red as he spoke. "SO yeah about those designs you made.... they're... not here." he said, looking down. His next words were rushed. "WelltheThingIsThey'reStillInMyQuarters..." he said, looking down at the parts. "Guess we have to just jump in and see?"

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on November 15, 2016, 05:41:55 PM

[Mess Hall]

Dylan walked in behind her, an old-style rachet set in his hand. He had foregone the regular toolkit in favor of some good old fashioned hand tools- sometimes the oldest ones worked best. He sat it down with a soft clank, and walked over to the bundles of bolts, bars, and beams that had been beamed precisely in the middle of everything- right in the way. He quickly moved them over to the side, out of the way but to a cleared area where they could work. He snapped off the metal containers, letting the parts fall apart in a little heap, but a lot of noise. He looked over to Ash sheepishly. "Oops...." he said, glancing around. The good news was that nobody gave him any nasty looks due to it. The bad news was there were no customers to give him nasty looks. Word had gotten around that the Mess hall was still a Mess, and people weren't going near it. That would change... it'd just take time.

He immediately recognized a problem. It was a problem that had vexed working people since the dawn of time- he'd forgotten to add instructions. It wasn't like he'd usually use them, but now he had to actually think about how this worked. He began sorting parts out, opening the little metal box and getting out the ratchet, trying to figure out what size was being used. He looked up as she wakled over. "Yeah should be fun." he said, looking like a kid with an old building set- ready to get to work and see what happened. He fished around for a PADD, looking for the schematics, but realized that they were in his quarters... in his toolkit.... which he'd forgotten- or more properly left- behind.

Realizing this, he looked up to Ash, his face growing red as he spoke. "SO yeah about those designs you made.... they're... not here." he said, looking down. His next words were rushed. "WelltheThingIsThey'reStillInMyQuarters..." he said, looking down at the parts. "Guess we have to just jump in and see?"

[Mess Hall]

"I thought the whole point of this project was to clean up the hall, not make a bigger mess." She laughed as all of the parts clanged to the ground. Honestly, she didn't mind. There wasn't anyone around for the noise to bother - and even if there was, she doubted anyone would notice. She was usually clanging around in the kitchen anyways.

When a blush began spreading across his face, Ash laughed and bumped against his shoulder. "Way to be prepared. It's okay, I've got... Oh..." Her hand had been searching in her apron for her copy of the designs when it suddenly hit her that they were still in her dirty apron... Back in Dylan's room... "Well. Looks like we're winging it!" Despite the setback, Ash was beaming. She loved puzzles, and this was going to be a fantastic one.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on November 15, 2016, 07:59:53 PM

[Mess Hall]

"I thought the whole point of this project was to clean up the hall, not make a bigger mess." She laughed as all of the parts clanged to the ground. Honestly, she didn't mind. There wasn't anyone around for the noise to bother - and even if there was, she doubted anyone would notice. She was usually clanging around in the kitchen anyways.

When a blush began spreading across his face, Ash laughed and bumped against his shoulder. "Way to be prepared. It's okay, I've got... Oh..." Her hand had been searching in her apron for her copy of the designs when it suddenly hit her that they were still in her dirty apron... Back in Dylan's room... "Well. Looks like we're winging it!" Despite the setback, Ash was beaming. She loved puzzles, and this was going to be a fantastic one.

[The Mess in the Mess of a Mess [spoiler]Hall[/spoiler]]

Dylan pondered the parts for a minute before looking up at her again. "Well... at least from here it'll get better!" he said, beginning to sort out parts by type. "I mean, there's only so many ways this thing won't work, eventually we'll hit the right one!" he said, a childish grin on his face. He grabbed the ratchets and finally found the right ones, spinning it around, the rachet making satisfying clicks as he did so. He thought about the parts, trying to visualize how the thing went together.

He laughed as she realized that she had no plans either. "Way to be prepared, there." he said, smirking. He sorted out the structural beams from the decorative ones, getting out about a fifth of the parts. "Well I took a starship and shuttle design class at the academy- but that was a while ago. And this is a shelf not a shuttle. Got any ideas?"

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on November 18, 2016, 03:12:32 PM

[The Mess in the Mess of a Mess [spoiler]Hall[/spoiler]]

Dylan pondered the parts for a minute before looking up at her again. "Well... at least from here it'll get better!" he said, beginning to sort out parts by type. "I mean, there's only so many ways this thing won't work, eventually we'll hit the right one!" he said, a childish grin on his face. He grabbed the ratchets and finally found the right ones, spinning it around, the rachet making satisfying clicks as he did so. He thought about the parts, trying to visualize how the thing went together.

He laughed as she realized that she had no plans either. "Way to be prepared, there." he said, smirking. He sorted out the structural beams from the decorative ones, getting out about a fifth of the parts. "Well I took a starship and shuttle design class at the academy- but that was a while ago. And this is a shelf not a shuttle. Got any ideas?"

[In the Middle of a Mess]

Ash smiled to herself as Dylan went about sorting through the parts with bubbling excitement. It was contagious, and she quickly rolled up her sleeves and set about helping him. "Well, that's one more design class than I've had. I'm just a librar- um, cook." She grabbed one of the long flat pieces from the pile and pulled it onto her lap. "I do know that these are the actual "shelf" bits... At least, I'm almost certain." She stuck her tongue out at Dylan before looking around the room. "Umm... I know the long shelves were for behind the bar. And the shorter ones are for the kitchen..."

She closed her eyes as she tried to visualize the layouts of her plans. "The vertical support beams should have the holes in them, whereas the horizontal and diagonal ones should be smooth... We had two small diagonal supports on both sides of each level, as well as two longer ones extending along the back. There should also be something we attach to the front of the shelves to create a sort of lip that will prevent items from sliding off." She opened her eyes and looked at Dylan again before glancing over the piles. Finding several flat, long, thin parts with latching ends, she grabbed one and showed it to him. "I'm thinking these are meant to go together to make the sliding covers... I hope that helps, because I'm not so sure about much else."

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on November 24, 2016, 04:05:55 PM

[In the Middle of a Mess]

Ash smiled to herself as Dylan went about sorting through the parts with bubbling excitement. It was contagious, and she quickly rolled up her sleeves and set about helping him. "Well, that's one more design class than I've had. I'm just a librar- um, cook." She grabbed one of the long flat pieces from the pile and pulled it onto her lap. "I do know that these are the actual "shelf" bits... At least, I'm almost certain." She stuck her tongue out at Dylan before looking around the room. "Umm... I know the long shelves were for behind the bar. And the shorter ones are for the kitchen..."

She closed her eyes as she tried to visualize the layouts of her plans. "The vertical support beams should have the holes in them, whereas the horizontal and diagonal ones should be smooth... We had two small diagonal supports on both sides of each level, as well as two longer ones extending along the back. There should also be something we attach to the front of the shelves to create a sort of lip that will prevent items from sliding off." She opened her eyes and looked at Dylan again before glancing over the piles. Finding several flat, long, thin parts with latching ends, she grabbed one and showed it to him. "I'm thinking these are meant to go together to make the sliding covers... I hope that helps, because I'm not so sure about much else."

[Messes!]

Dylan finished sorting out pieces that he had around him when he heard Ash speak. He raised an eyebrow, confused for a moment. "Librarian? Is that what you were going to say?" He asked, genuine curiosity on his face. "Well that sounds like a story."

He looked around at the sorted parts, smiling as he envisioned the entire assembly being built, trying to see in his mind how things should go. He frowned, unable to figure it out entirely. He nodded as she talked about what went where, letting her take lead on this. It was time for him to be the labor, not the Chief. That was for his actual job- more paperwork than practical work.

He saw the parts she was talking about, and fit them together, the parts fitting with a comforting and solid click of two parts meshing together. He also worked on the rest of the parts, the units slowly coming into form. He looked to her again, waiting on instructions. "OK boss, what's next? You seem to know what you're doing." he said. He had a general idea, but he wanted to see how she would do this, a bit of a test per say for Ash.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 05, 2016, 01:01:51 PM

[Messes!]

Dylan finished sorting out pieces that he had around him when he heard Ash speak. He raised an eyebrow, confused for a moment. "Librarian? Is that what you were going to say?" He asked, genuine curiosity on his face. "Well that sounds like a story."

He looked around at the sorted parts, smiling as he envisioned the entire assembly being built, trying to see in his mind how things should go. He frowned, unable to figure it out entirely. He nodded as she talked about what went where, letting her take lead on this. It was time for him to be the labor, not the Chief. That was for his actual job- more paperwork than practical work.

He saw the parts she was talking about, and fit them together, the parts fitting with a comforting and solid click of two parts meshing together. He also worked on the rest of the parts, the units slowly coming into form. He looked to her again, waiting on instructions. "OK boss, what's next? You seem to know what you're doing." he said. He had a general idea, but he wanted to see how she would do this, a bit of a test per say for Ash.

[Messy Mess Hall Messes]

"Oh. Yeah..." A barely noticeable blush came to her cheeks as she found herself stuck talking about herself. It wasn't something that she was used to. "It's not much of a story really. Back home my parents ran the library, so I literally grew up surrounded by books. After school, I took a job there. I was pretty good at it, and I was happy, I guess. I probably would have ended up becoming head librarian and taking over one day if I hadn't left..." Ash trailed off, unsure how interested Dylan really was. She was surprised (yet again) by how easy it was to talk to him. She almost hoped he'd ask her to continue.

Dylan prompted her for further assembly instructions, and her mouth dropped open a little as her eyes widened in surprise at him. "Boss? As if! I'm sure you know more than I do!" She felt a small laugh bubble past her lips and shook her head a little as she went ahead and looked over the remaining parts anyways. "Well... We know what to do with the main skeleton of each shelf. All that leaves really are the supports and decorative bits to figure out. If we get the main frames set up and assembled where they're meant to go, the supports will be self explanatory... And the decorations we can figure out from what's left. It's pretty size specific, so we should be able to match it up to the correct shelves easily enough..." Ash looked at Dylan for confirmation. She knew she was glossing over a lot of little steps, but common sense could probably figure them out when needed.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.