Author Topic: It's a Mess in Here [Dylan/Ash]  (Read 29075 times)

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: It's a Mess in Here [Dylan/Ash]
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 05:28:49 pm »
[Mess]

"Since last mission?" he asked, parroting her. "You know you could have always asked for help or submitted a request to the Engineering department... we could have had this done a week ago!" he exclaimed, a smile on his face. He knew exactly why she hadn't, it was a matter of pride... that, and he didn't think she wanted to make more work. Either way, the plans were solid. "Aye, they're good designs, I fixed a few things but overall very well done. They'll suit your purposes." he said, thinking. "I think we have enough self-sealing stem bolts to hold them into place."

At the mention of his opinion, he muttered something, then spoke to her. "I'll give it to you straight. I'm an Engineer and a freighter child, not an interior decorator. I'm the last person you'd want giving you advice on aesthetics."

In all honesty, Dylan's honest opinion was that titanium or gunmetal grey went with Everything. But it was her mess, her choice.

[Mess Hall]

She felt herself blushing (Again? Why is this happening so much?) as Dylan chastised her. "I just... I didn't want to... Never mind." She mumbled, shaking her head and smiling sheepishly. She normally didn't like having to ask for help, but she had kind of known for a while that she'd need to for this project. She had just been putting off accepting that fact. Plus she knew the engineers were busy - especially Dylan since his promotion... And if she was being honest with herself, she had also been hesitant to show anyone her ideas and potentially embarrass herself.

At his response to her question, she couldn't help but laugh. "I have no cooking experience outside of my time on the Athena, yet I'm still mess hall manager. Turns out humans have this uncanny ability called 'problem solving' that kicks in if you take a chance or two." She knew she was putting him out of his element a little, but couldn't help teasing him and pushing the matter a little. "And, seeing as you're the only person I have around to to talk to, your advice will have to do - however inadequate you think it is. Come oooon, what do you think?" She smirked at him and held his gaze, obviously not planning to relent until he gave her an answer.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 01:01:12 pm »
[Mess Hall]

She felt herself blushing (Again? Why is this happening so much?) as Dylan chastised her. "I just... I didn't want to... Never mind." She mumbled, shaking her head and smiling sheepishly. She normally didn't like having to ask for help, but she had kind of known for a while that she'd need to for this project. She had just been putting off accepting that fact. Plus she knew the engineers were busy - especially Dylan since his promotion... And if she was being honest with herself, she had also been hesitant to show anyone her ideas and potentially embarrass herself.

At his response to her question, she couldn't help but laugh. "I have no cooking experience outside of my time on the Athena, yet I'm still mess hall manager. Turns out humans have this uncanny ability called 'problem solving' that kicks in if you take a chance or two." She knew she was putting him out of his element a little, but couldn't help teasing him and pushing the matter a little. "And, seeing as you're the only person I have around to to talk to, your advice will have to do - however inadequate you think it is. Come oooon, what do you think?" She smirked at him and held his gaze, obviously not planning to relent until he gave her an answer.

[Mess]

He saw her face grow red, and mentally chastised himself for bashing her on it. "aah.. I'm sorry." he said, returning to work. He didn't mean to make her feel awkward, but it kind of just happened that way. Regardless, he finished his repairs and stopped, shutting down his tools and replacing the metal casing, before standing up. "Help me right this?" he asked, figuring out how best to pick up the machine so he could test it. Either way, it was going up. He thought he got it right, now there was but one thing left to do.

"Aaah you're killin' me here." he said, crinkling his nose and looking around the room, and still feeling out of place. It was far from his element, and he could only judge by what he saw other people do. He looked around, completely befuddled and at a loss for what he'd gotten into. With that in mind he finally spoke. "It's a metal room, so something bright might not fit. Then again, grey can be considered "boring" I guess." he didn't name a color per say, but he gave an answer nonetheless.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 09:14:44 pm »
[Mess]

He saw her face grow red, and mentally chastised himself for bashing her on it. "aah.. I'm sorry." he said, returning to work. He didn't mean to make her feel awkward, but it kind of just happened that way. Regardless, he finished his repairs and stopped, shutting down his tools and replacing the metal casing, before standing up. "Help me right this?" he asked, figuring out how best to pick up the machine so he could test it. Either way, it was going up. He thought he got it right, now there was but one thing left to do.

"Aaah you're killin' me here." he said, crinkling his nose and looking around the room, and still feeling out of place. It was far from his element, and he could only judge by what he saw other people do. He looked around, completely befuddled and at a loss for what he'd gotten into. With that in mind he finally spoke. "It's a metal room, so something bright might not fit. Then again, grey can be considered "boring" I guess." he didn't name a color per say, but he gave an answer nonetheless.

[Mess Hall]

Ash climbed to her feet and stretched when Dylan stood up. "Sure, how do we want to maneuver this?" She was feeling exceptionally grateful for Dylan right now. While she had some strength she'd gained from moving food stores (and stacks of books back home in the library) she knew she would never manage to get the replicator up by herself. "Just tell me where you want me."

She smiled a little to herself as he looked around the room, clearly befuddled by the whole situation. When he finally gave somewhat of an answer, she nodded a little in agreement and thought for a little. "Well... I've never been much of a fan of 'boring'... And, to be honest, not fitting in seems to be my specialty..." Her thoughts drifted back to Commander Stafford and she looked at Dylan with a little glint in her eyes. "Do you think red would be too obnoxious? I'm thinking that wouldn't be so terrible with the metallics, but like you I'm no interior decorator."  She beamed at Dylan once more. I just can't seem to keep this smile off my face tonight.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 02:14:51 pm »
[Mess Hall]

Ash climbed to her feet and stretched when Dylan stood up. "Sure, how do we want to maneuver this?" She was feeling exceptionally grateful for Dylan right now. While she had some strength she'd gained from moving food stores (and stacks of books back home in the library) she knew she would never manage to get the replicator up by herself. "Just tell me where you want me."

She smiled a little to herself as he looked around the room, clearly befuddled by the whole situation. When he finally gave somewhat of an answer, she nodded a little in agreement and thought for a little. "Well... I've never been much of a fan of 'boring'... And, to be honest, not fitting in seems to be my specialty..." Her thoughts drifted back to Commander Stafford and she looked at Dylan with a little glint in her eyes. "Do you think red would be too obnoxious? I'm thinking that wouldn't be so terrible with the metallics, but like you I'm no interior decorator."  She beamed at Dylan once more. I just can't seem to keep this smile off my face tonight.

[Mess Hall]

He gripped the replicator, getting ready. "Just on three help me lift it?" he said, getting ready. "One... Two... Three!" he said, and on the count he used almost all the muscle he had to lift it, heaving it up and at least vertical. It took both of them, but they got it done. With the replicator upright, he looked over at her. "Well then. Shall we test it out?" he said, pressing a few buttons on the panel and bringing the machine online. "I'd rather not lift it and put it back totally until we know that it works." He stepped back, giving her access to the replicator. This was also an opportunity to see what kind of person she was. She seemed to be happy but then again she was also very, very tired. So was Dylan, so he could't really judge.

"Red?" he asked, puzzled. That was... different to be sure. He wondered if there was any other significance about it, but either way it was an interesting suggestion. "I mean we can try it." he said, tapping on his PADD. He looked up the schedule for the industrial replicators, and reserved a time. "We can have the industrial replicators in about fifteen minutes if you want." he said, still looking at the area where the shelves are at.
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 02:59:26 pm »
[Mess Hall]

He gripped the replicator, getting ready. "Just on three help me lift it?" he said, getting ready. "One... Two... Three!" he said, and on the count he used almost all the muscle he had to lift it, heaving it up and at least vertical. It took both of them, but they got it done. With the replicator upright, he looked over at her. "Well then. Shall we test it out?" he said, pressing a few buttons on the panel and bringing the machine online. "I'd rather not lift it and put it back totally until we know that it works." He stepped back, giving her access to the replicator. This was also an opportunity to see what kind of person she was. She seemed to be happy but then again she was also very, very tired. So was Dylan, so he couldn't really judge.

"Red?" he asked, puzzled. That was... different to be sure. He wondered if there was any other significance about it, but either way it was an interesting suggestion. "I mean we can try it." he said, tapping on his PADD. He looked up the schedule for the industrial replicators, and reserved a time. "We can have the industrial replicators in about fifteen minutes if you want." he said, still looking at the area where the shelves are at.

[Mess Hall]

Ash had known the replicator would be heavy, but she was still surprised by it's sheer weight when it came time to actually lift it. They managed to get it righted eventually, and she leaned against its side as she recovered a little. At Dylan's suggestion, she pushed off and walked over. "That sounds like a marvelous idea. The only question is: what do we want to make?" She thought about replicating a couple coffees -they could both probably use the caffeine, but paused when another idea hit her. "Have you, um, had anything to eat tonight, Mr. Torngate?" She looked at him almost hesitantly. She truly enjoyed his company and wouldn't mind the chance to sit, relax, and talk for a while, but she didn't know if he felt the same way. Just because I'm lonely and desperate for a friend doesn't mean that he is...

"Fifteen minutes?" She followed his gaze across the room to the area where the shelves would be. "Sure. I mean, at some point I'll have to drag the broken shelves out to make room. And move all of the stores. But I can always do that later. If the industrial replicators are open, let's give it a go."

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 06:05:19 pm »
[Mess Hall]

Ash had known the replicator would be heavy, but she was still surprised by it's sheer weight when it came time to actually lift it. They managed to get it righted eventually, and she leaned against its side as she recovered a little. At Dylan's suggestion, she pushed off and walked over. "That sounds like a marvelous idea. The only question is: what do we want to make?" She thought about replicating a couple coffees -they could both probably use the caffeine, but paused when another idea hit her. "Have you, um, had anything to eat tonight, Mr. Torngate?" She looked at him almost hesitantly. She truly enjoyed his company and wouldn't mind the chance to sit, relax, and talk for a while, but she didn't know if he felt the same way. Just because I'm lonely and desperate for a friend doesn't mean that he is...

"Fifteen minutes?" She followed his gaze across the room to the area where the shelves would be. "Sure. I mean, at some point I'll have to drag the broken shelves out to make room. And move all of the stores. But I can always do that later. If the industrial replicators are open, let's give it a go."

[Mess]

The diagnostics came back good, but here's to hoping it would actually work. Dylan leaned back as she walked over. He was surprised by the question. The tides kept turning on who was learning about the other, first it was a Q&A for him, then her, then him... back and forth like playground equipment. His brow furled as he had to seriously think about the last time he had eaten... or done anything to intake nutrients except coffee. He tried to find a reason not to answer, a red alert, the borg, a warp core breach... anything but admit to a cook he hadn't eaten. Unfortunately, no such excuse came. So he fessed up to it. "Uhh... well you see... I havn't exactly eaten for a few days." he said, realizing that he hadn't eaten since dinner two nights prior. He'd just been busy. "Work." he said, as a way of explaining it. He expected a mollified reply to come his way seconds later, and he grimaced inwardly, knowing full well he deserved it. Regardless, he realized that he really, really actually did want to eat. Suprising, but true. His stomach growled at the thought of a real meal.
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 08:08:51 pm »
[Mess]

The diagnostics came back good, but here's to hoping it would actually work. Dylan leaned back as she walked over. He was surprised by the question. The tides kept turning on who was learning about the other, first it was a Q&A for him, then her, then him... back and forth like playground equipment. His brow furled as he had to seriously think about the last time he had eaten... or done anything to intake nutrients except coffee. He tried to find a reason not to answer, a red alert, the borg, a warp core breach... anything but admit to a cook he hadn't eaten. Unfortunately, no such excuse came. So he fessed up to it. "Uhh... well you see... I havn't exactly eaten for a few days." he said, realizing that he hadn't eaten since dinner two nights prior. He'd just been busy. "Work." he said, as a way of explaining it. He expected a mollified reply to come his way seconds later, and he grimaced inwardly, knowing full well he deserved it. Regardless, he realized that he really, really actually did want to eat. Suprising, but true. His stomach growled at the thought of a real meal.

[Mess Hall]

"A few DAYS?!" Her eyes went wide as she responded in a strangled voice. "You can't just skip eating! Even for w-" She broke off suddenly, remembering that she herself had skipped both breakfast and lunch that day to try and get this mess in order. "Well..." she awkwardly avoided making eye contact "Maybe I can understand where you're coming from a little bit. I, er, well, Ikindofdidthesamethingtoday." The last bit came out in a rush that was nearly unintelligible.

"Regardless," she quickly continued as she turned back to the replicator, "you're not skipping another one. We both need something - and no arguing." It was at that moment that his stomach audibly growled, and she jokingly smirked over her shoulder. "See, you've proven my point. Now we just need to decide what to make." She thought for a moment then turned back to Dylan. "How does Italian sound?"

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 12:56:11 pm »
[Mess Hall]

"A few DAYS?!" Her eyes went wide as she responded in a strangled voice. "You can't just skip eating! Even for w-" She broke off suddenly, remembering that she herself had skipped both breakfast and lunch that day to try and get this mess in order. "Well..." she awkwardly avoided making eye contact "Maybe I can understand where you're coming from a little bit. I, er, well, Ikindofdidthesamethingtoday." The last bit came out in a rush that was nearly unintelligible.

"Regardless," she quickly continued as she turned back to the replicator, "you're not skipping another one. We both need something - and no arguing." It was at that moment that his stomach audibly growled, and she jokingly smirked over her shoulder. "See, you've proven my point. Now we just need to decide what to make." She thought for a moment then turned back to Dylan. "How does Italian sound?"

[Mess]

He had expected her voice: It was like a playwright finding out that their best friend hated the theatre. He shifted his weight from one foot to another, accepting the chewing out until he heard her stop. He raised an eyebrow, looking at her. He saw her avoid eye contact as a smile bloomed on his face. "Now Ash." he said, in a slightly mocking tone but also with lots of humor behind it, "You can't just skip eating!" He laughed aloud, rolling his eyes. "Seems we're both guilty." he said, smiling.

"Alright then, you're the czar around here, I bow to your superior knowledge of food". At the noise his stomach made he looked down. "Quiet you, you traitor." he said, chewing out his own stomach for betraying how hungry he was. Seemed he actually did need to eat... and even then he was reluctant but he seemed to be able to open up and relax in here, despite the giant explosion that had seemingly taken place. "That sounds good to me, if it works for you."
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 07:44:41 pm »
[Mess]

He had expected her voice: It was like a playwright finding out that their best friend hated the theatre. He shifted his weight from one foot to another, accepting the chewing out until he heard her stop. He raised an eyebrow, looking at her. He saw her avoid eye contact as a smile bloomed on his face. "Now Ash." he said, in a slightly mocking tone but also with lots of humor behind it, "You can't just skip eating!" He laughed aloud, rolling his eyes. "Seems we're both guilty." he said, smiling.

"Alright then, you're the czar around here, I bow to your superior knowledge of food". At the noise his stomach made he looked down. "Quiet you, you traitor." he said, chewing out his own stomach for betraying how hungry he was. Seemed he actually did need to eat... and even then he was reluctant but he seemed to be able to open up and relax in here, despite the giant explosion that had seemingly taken place. "That sounds good to me, if it works for you."

[Mess Hall]

Ash clutched her side as she fell into a strong fit of laughter at Dylan's teasing. As her laughter faded, she looked up and met his smile with one of her own - only to immediately start laughing again at his chastisement of his stomach. She hadn't laughed like this in ages, and it seemed to be contagious. Finally catching her breath, she responded. "Italian always works. Would you mind clearing off a table for us while I take care of the food?"

[A few minutes later]

Ash approached the table Dylan was waiting at and dramatically set the large serving tray in the center of the table with a flourish. "Ta-da! I hope you like pizza... It's not a five-course meal or anything, but it occurred to me that we're a little short on clean, undamaged dishware at the moment, and this dish is eaten best with one's hands." She set another smaller tray next to the first. "As are bread sticks. My brother always enjoyed garlic parmesan flavoring at home, so I gave that a shot." She settled into a seat next to Dylan and glanced at him to see if he approved. Second guessing herself, she added hastily, "Of course if this doesn't sound good we can try something else."

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 04:48:54 pm »
[Mess Hall]

Ash clutched her side as she fell into a strong fit of laughter at Dylan's teasing. As her laughter faded, she looked up and met his smile with one of her own - only to immediately start laughing again at his chastisement of his stomach. She hadn't laughed like this in ages, and it seemed to be contagious. Finally catching her breath, she responded. "Italian always works. Would you mind clearing off a table for us while I take care of the food?"

[A few minutes later]

Ash approached the table Dylan was waiting at and dramatically set the large serving tray in the center of the table with a flourish. "Ta-da! I hope you like pizza... It's not a five-course meal or anything, but it occurred to me that we're a little short on clean, undamaged dishware at the moment, and this dish is eaten best with one's hands." She set another smaller tray next to the first. "As are bread sticks. My brother always enjoyed garlic parmesan flavoring at home, so I gave that a shot." She settled into a seat next to Dylan and glanced at him to see if he approved. Second guessing herself, she added hastily, "Of course if this doesn't sound good we can try something else."

[Mess]

Dylan grinned at her laughing. It was a good sight, one that had apparently not been heard for a while in and among here. He nodded to her as she asked him to clear a table, so he did so. He didn't know exactly what to do so he did his best, but it ended in just adding to the pile of dishes and stuff behind in the kitchen. He did his best but he was about as useful as a college student: Move the mess and throw out some plates. This is why they had mess halls on ships and at the Academy. Some people just didn't know how to do basic things. Dylan included, unfortunately. Some nights he'd decided to try new things, fiddled with his replicator, and spewed out something called "Ramen" noodles. They were pretty good, but he'd gone to the mess the next day anyways.

He laughed a little at her dramatic appearance, a grin on his face. "Pizza... That's always good!" he said, thinking back to the last time he'd had some. Then again, he couldn't trust his mind right now... his stomach couldn't exactly care right now. He nodded to her logic. "Aye, I was able to find these but I guess we might not need 'em." He sliced off a piece, setting it on his plate as he visibly relaxed, finally distressed after the last couple of days. The aroma filled the air and the place seemed, despite it's haphazard appearance, to be taking back on some semblance of normal... so long as nobody looked toward the mess in the Kitchen area. "No, no... This is amazing. It'll do wonderfully." he said, smiling contentedly.
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 07:08:40 pm »
[Mess]

Dylan grinned at her laughing. It was a good sight, one that had apparently not been heard for a while in and among here. He nodded to her as she asked him to clear a table, so he did so. He didn't know exactly what to do so he did his best, but it ended in just adding to the pile of dishes and stuff behind in the kitchen. He did his best but he was about as useful as a college student: Move the mess and throw out some plates. This is why they had mess halls on ships and at the Academy. Some people just didn't know how to do basic things. Dylan included, unfortunately. Some nights he'd decided to try new things, fiddled with his replicator, and spewed out something called "Ramen" noodles. They were pretty good, but he'd gone to the mess the next day anyways.

He laughed a little at her dramatic appearance, a grin on his face. "Pizza... That's always good!" he said, thinking back to the last time he'd had some. Then again, he couldn't trust his mind right now... his stomach couldn't exactly care right now. He nodded to her logic. "Aye, I was able to find these but I guess we might not need 'em." He sliced off a piece, setting it on his plate as he visibly relaxed, finally distressed after the last couple of days. The aroma filled the air and the place seemed, despite it's haphazard appearance, to be taking back on some semblance of normal... so long as nobody looked toward the mess in the Kitchen area. "No, no... This is amazing. It'll do wonderfully." he said, smiling contentedly.

[Mess Hall]

Ash graciously accepted a plate from Dylan and grabbed a piece for herself, closing her eyes as she inhaled the warm scent drifting up toward her. "Mmm... It smells like the replicator is working properly again - But I'll let you do the official test, oh grand replicator expert. Just don't dawdle. I didn't realize how hungry I was until now." She smirked at him, barely keeping her voice level as laughter threatened to bubble up again. All of this laughing was leaving her feeling blissfully light, and she was relieved to see Dylan finally relaxing as well.

"You know, I almost wish it was still broken so you'd have a reason to visit again." It slipped out before she even knew what had happened. She blushed and stumbled over her next words in a hurry. "I mean - you can always visit without something being broken - And you technically don't need to visit if you don't want to! - It's just... I've been having fun tonight... And I... I don't exactly have that many friends outside the mess hall..." She trailed off, feeling terribly awkward and mentally kicking herself for saying anything.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 08:04:08 pm »
[Mess Hall]

Ash graciously accepted a plate from Dylan and grabbed a piece for herself, closing her eyes as she inhaled the warm scent drifting up toward her. "Mmm... It smells like the replicator is working properly again - But I'll let you do the official test, oh grand replicator expert. Just don't dawdle. I didn't realize how hungry I was until now." She smirked at him, barely keeping her voice level as laughter threatened to bubble up again. All of this laughing was leaving her feeling blissfully light, and she was relieved to see Dylan finally relaxing as well.

"You know, I almost wish it was still broken so you'd have a reason to visit again." It slipped out before she even knew what had happened. She blushed and stumbled over her next words in a hurry. "I mean - you can always visit without something being broken - And you technically don't need to visit if you don't want to! - It's just... I've been having fun tonight... And I... I don't exactly have that many friends outside the mess hall..." She trailed off, feeling terribly awkward and mentally kicking herself for saying anything.

[Mess Hall]

Dylan didn't wait after her invitation. He dug in, eating and finally realizing exactly how angry his stomach was at him. "Oh.. need anything to drink?" he asked, looking at her. "And as to the taste test? Well, I might need a few more tastes to be sure... but.... I think we'll give it a pass." he said. any semblance of decorum was long gone as he devoured his first slice of pizza and moved onto the second. He slowed down, a red glow on his face now. "Erm... sorry?" he offered up, realizing how awkward he had just made things. "I'll slow down a bit..." he said.

He had gotten the drinks when her next comment came. He spluttered momentarily, but recovered quickly. He listened to her stumble a bit more, trying to figure out how to formulate a response. "Well I've enjoyed this too." he said. "And I think I might have to come down here more often." he said with a smile. "Well I don't have many friends outside of engineering, so it might be better for both of us." he said, smiling broader now. He noticed how flushed her face is and leaned back a bit, regarding her but keeping his face unchanged. "No need to be embarrassed."  he said, a chuckle building up in his throat.
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 12:50:46 am »
[Mess Hall]

Dylan didn't wait after her invitation. He dug in, eating and finally realizing exactly how angry his stomach was at him. "Oh.. need anything to drink?" he asked, looking at her. "And as to the taste test? Well, I might need a few more tastes to be sure... but.... I think we'll give it a pass." he said. any semblance of decorum was long gone as he devoured his first slice of pizza and moved onto the second. He slowed down, a red glow on his face now. "Erm... sorry?" he offered up, realizing how awkward he had just made things. "I'll slow down a bit..." he said.

He had gotten the drinks when her next comment came. He spluttered momentarily, but recovered quickly. He listened to her stumble a bit more, trying to figure out how to formulate a response. "Well I've enjoyed this too." he said. "And I think I might have to come down here more often." he said with a smile. "Well I don't have many friends outside of engineering, so it might be better for both of us." he said, smiling broader now. He noticed how flushed her face is and leaned back a bit, regarding her but keeping his face unchanged. "No need to be embarrassed."  he said, a chuckle building up in his throat.

[Mess Hall]

"Right, drinks! I should've thought of that. If you don't mind grabbing something, that would be great." She watched with an amused expression on her face as Dylan practically inhaled the first piece of pizza, trying a couple bites of her own slice. She closed her eyes and smiled after swallowing. Did he somehow manage to make the replicator better than before? I don't remember pizza tasting this good last time I tried it. At his embarrassed apology, Ash laughed and shook her head. "Are you really apologizing to a mess hall manager for enjoying the food? Don't be ridiculous."

After her awkward comment, she had been bracing herself internally for his response, but she hadn't expected THAT. She felt a radiant smile begin growing on her still flushed face. Ash looked up and was relieved to see Dylan smiling as well. In fact... Was he... laughing? A small laugh escaped her own lips and she covered her traitorous blush (which increased under his scrutiny) with her hands. "I'm not doing it on purpose! I just have a gift for being awkward." She peeked through her fingers at him, smiling at the absurdity of the situation but happy to have someone to be absurd with.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:04:55 am by Ashlynn Ren Morgaine »

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 02:46:46 pm »
[Mess Hall]

"Right, drinks! I should've thought of that. If you don't mind grabbing something, that would be great." She watched with an amused expression on her face as Dylan practically inhaled the first piece of pizza, trying a couple bites of her own slice. She closed her eyes and smiled after swallowing. Did he somehow manage to make the replicator better than before? I don't remember pizza tasting this good last time I tried it. At his embarrassed apology, Ash laughed and shook her head. "Are you really apologizing to a mess hall manager for enjoying the food? Don't be ridiculous."

After her awkward comment, she had been bracing herself internally for his response, but she hadn't expected THAT. She felt a radiant smile begin growing on her still flushed face. Ash looked up and was relieved to see Dylan smiling as well. In fact... Was he... laughing? A small laugh escaped her own lips and she covered her traitorous blush (which increased under his scrutiny) with her hands. "I'm not doing it on purpose! I just have a gift for being awkward." She peeked through her fingers at him, smiling at the absurdity of the situation but happy to have someone to be absurd with.
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 01:32:31 pm »

[Mess Hall]

She cupped her hands around the drink Dylan had brought her and breathed in the rising steam with closed eyes. "Did you... bring me Earl Grey?" She brought the cup to her mouth and blew on it for a second, then carefully took a sip. "You did! This will be fine. Technically, almost anything would have been fine, but especially tea. Always." She took another sip, savoring its flavor. "Mmmm, good choice."

Once their laughter subsided and they caught their breaths (which took a while), they fell into the meal. Ash couldn't have been happier. She settled into the easy cadence of conversation and laughter and quickly lost track of the time, forgetting about the mountain of jobs waiting for her and simply enjoying Dylan's company.

[Some Time Later]

When the pizza was long gone and their drinks were dry, she caught a glimpse of the time and covered her mouth as her eyes widened. "Ohmygoodness, has it really been two hours?? It couldn't have been that long, could it?... Apparently it could. She let out a small breath of laughter as she shook her head. "So much for using the industrial replicators in 15 minutes... Would you still be up for a trip over there today?. I don't want to steal all of your free time if you don't want to. You don't seem to get breaks that often..." She trailed off, keenly hoping that this wouldn't be where the evening ended.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles