Author Topic: It's a Mess in Here [Dylan/Ash]  (Read 29085 times)

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's a Mess in Here [Dylan/Ash]
« on: October 03, 2016, 01:40:14 pm »
[OOC NOTE: This takes place during Athena mission "Mission 1.5, To Live and Die in the Name of Mog!"]

[Mess Hall, USS Athena]

Dylan was sitting off duty in the Mess Hall, which was, quite frankly, still a mess. The replicator was laying on it's side in a corner, the shelving units in the kitchen were almost broken if not already so, and the boxes of supplies were ajar, as well as a rather dented frying pan lying on the cooking unit.

He ordered a Raktajino, and sat back, looking around. The bar was surprisingly empty... but likely that was due to the mess around him. He sighed, sipping his drink and relaxing, off duty after a double shift he'd been doing a huge maintenance test on the warp reactor. It felt good to be off duty after what seemed to be forever.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: It's a Mess in Here [Dylan/Ash]
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 02:14:34 pm »
[Mess Hall]

Ash came around the corner and was mildly surprised to see someone sitting at the bar. She hadn't had many visitors lately - not since the brawl with the crew of the Tuscan left everything in shambles. She sighed, thoroughly exhausted. She had been working late nights trying to return everything to normal, but there was still quite a way to go. The sitting area had been returned to normal (with the exception of that infuriating replicator), but the bar and kitchen were another story entirely.

She quickly wiped her hands off on her apron, leaving streaks of what looked like grease, and made her way over to the bar. Upon arriving, she was surprised to see a familiar face. "Mr. Torngate? I didn't expect to see you here on break. I thought you weren't a fan of mess halls?" She asked the question jokingly before continuing in a somewhat defeated tone. "I promise it's normally nicer to look at. It's just... Proving difficult to get there."

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 02:52:25 pm »
[Mess Hall]

Ash came around the corner and was mildly surprised to see someone sitting at the bar. She hadn't had many visitors lately - not since the brawl with the crew of the Tuscan left everything in shambles. She sighed, thoroughly exhausted. She had been working late nights trying to return everything to normal, but there was still quite a way to go. The sitting area had been returned to normal (with the exception of that infuriating replicator), but the bar and kitchen were another story entirely.

She quickly wiped her hands off on her apron, leaving streaks of what looked like grease, and made her way over to the bar. Upon arriving, she was surprised to see a familiar face. "Mr. Torngate? I didn't expect to see you here on break. I thought you weren't a fan of mess halls?" She asked the question jokingly before continuing in a somewhat defeated tone. "I promise it's normally nicer to look at. It's just... Proving difficult to get there."
[Mess]

Dylan looked up as he saw Ash enter. He gave her a friendly smile as she came over, noticing how tired she looked. He guessed she'd pulled some shifts herself trying to fix it all. With very few other people here, however, she'd likely get visitors all too rarely. He thought to himself about the work. She could always just ask for help... but then again, she likely wanted to do it all herself, and would be too stubborn to take the engineer's help. Then again, it couldn't hurt to offer, could it? He figured not, but it was worth a shot.

"Well, thought I might get a change of scenery." he responded to her. "The replicator in my quarters gets rather bland after a while, ya know?" he said, grinning. He had a friendly and carefree attitude about him, but underneath he was already working to see what could be done.

"I'm sure it is, though if logs have anything to say about it you've done this all yourself!" he said, impressed with the work she had put in. He took another sip of his drink before looking at her again. "Though you look like you could use an extra hand."
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 03:11:34 pm »
[Mess]

Dylan looked up as he saw Ash enter. He gave her a friendly smile as she came over, noticing how tired she looked. He guessed she'd pulled some shifts herself trying to fix it all. With very few other people here, however, she'd likely get visitors all too rarely. He thought to himself about the work. She could always just ask for help... but then again, she likely wanted to do it all herself, and would be too stubborn to take the engineer's help. Then again, it couldn't hurt to offer, could it? He figured not, but it was worth a shot.

"Well, thought I might get a change of scenery." he responded to her. "The replicator in my quarters gets rather bland after a while, ya know?" he said, grinning. He had a friendly and carefree attitude about him, but underneath he was already working to see what could be done.

"I'm sure it is, though if logs have anything to say about it you've done this all yourself!" he said, impressed with the work she had put in. He took another sip of his drink before looking at her again. "Though you look like you could use an extra hand."

[Mess Hall]

Ash grabbed herself a tea and settled into a seat next to Dylan, finding herself smiling along with him. She had just taken a sip of her own drink when he mentioned using an extra hand, and she swallowed quickly to avoid choking.

She looked at him with wider than normal eyes. "Are you... Offering to help me?" Surely he couldn't be. With his promotion and everything in engineering, he had to have a lot on his plate. Regardless, she hoped that was what he was doing. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she needed the help... And she wouldn't mind the company either.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 03:18:28 pm »
[Mess Hall]

Ash grabbed herself a tea and settled into a seat next to Dylan, finding herself smiling along with him. She had just taken a sip of her own drink when he mentioned using an extra hand, and she swallowed quickly to avoid choking.

She looked at him with wider than normal eyes. "Are you... Offering to help me?" Surely he couldn't be. With his promotion and everything in engineering, he had to have a lot on his plate. Regardless, she hoped that was what he was doing. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she needed the help... And she wouldn't mind the company either.

[Mess Hall]

He chuckled softly as she almost choked on the drink. "Breathe or drink, don't do both." he said in a joking manner. He really couldn't blame her for her reaction, he had kinda sprung that on her. He had kept working on his own possible issues with the replicator, and decided that he could make the time to help. He wasn't scheduled for anything soon... and the paperwork he could catch up on later.

He looked around the room, and then back at her. "Yeah, I think I might be. Seems you could use the help, and I'm sure the rest of the grease monkeys down in Engineering can keep the place running for a while." He finished his drink in another sip, sighing contentedly as the caffine rushed through his body and kept him awake. After all, it never hurt to make the cook happy. The better the cook's mood, the better the food.
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 03:44:43 pm »
[Mess Hall]

He chuckled softly as she almost choked on the drink. "Breathe or drink, don't do both." he said in a joking manner. He really couldn't blame her for her reaction, he had kinda sprung that on her. He had kept working on his own possible issues with the replicator, and decided that he could make the time to help. He wasn't scheduled for anything soon... and the paperwork he could catch up on later.

He looked around the room, and then back at her. "Yeah, I think I might be. Seems you could use the help, and I'm sure the rest of the grease monkeys down in Engineering can keep the place running for a while." He finished his drink in another sip, sighing contentedly as the caffeine rushed through his body and kept him awake. After all, it never hurt to make the cook happy. The better the cook's mood, the better the food.

[Mess Hall]

She rolled her eyes and laughed at Dylan's comment. "No kidding. I'll try to remember that next time." It felt good to laugh again; she hadn't done much of it since Luke left the ship and she lost his regular visits. And she wasn't sure what it was, but something about this engineer made it easy for her to relax and enjoy herself.

Her laugh transformed into a brilliant smile as he continued talking. "Really? - I mean, obviously you don't need to if you don't want to - It would be nice if you did though - It's just, I can't help but think you've got more important things to do then toil away in the mess hall with me." She was stumbling over her words in her excitement or exhaustion (likely both) and looked away as she felt a blush start creeping up her face. She took another long sip of tea to distract herself, but the smile was still on her face.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 04:41:10 pm »
[Mess Hall]

She rolled her eyes and laughed at Dylan's comment. "No kidding. I'll try to remember that next time." It felt good to laugh again; she hadn't done much of it since Luke left the ship and she lost his regular visits. And she wasn't sure what it was, but something about this engineer made it easy for her to relax and enjoy herself.

Her laugh transformed into a brilliant smile as he continued talking. "Really? - I mean, obviously you don't need to if you don't want to - It would be nice if you did though - It's just, I can't help but think you've got more important things to do then toil away in the mess hall with me." She was stumbling over her words in her excitement or exhaustion (likely both) and looked away as she felt a blush start creeping up her face. She took another long sip of tea to distract herself, but the smile was still on her face.

[Mess Hall]

Dylan felt more relaxed than he'd been in a while. Although he was in a place that looked... and felt... like a bomb had gone off, it was oddly calming to him to be in this scenario. He knew that the former XO, Commander Stafford, had been here frequently, but Dylan had only made his way here once or twice. It came highly reccomended, at least provided you weren't on the wrong side of the frying pan.

He laughed inwardly as he saw her stutter and falter for words, knowing the feeling... espeically every time he was hauled before the Captian. "Don't worry about it, give me five minutes and we can start working on getting that replicator working." he said, setting his glass down. "After all, would the XO want the mess hall like this? The whole ship knows how much he eats..." he said, standing up. He left the mess hall, and went to his quarters, where he retreived his tool kit and tricorder.

[Five Minutes Later]

Dylan re-entered the mess hall, looking around for Ash. "So... what's up first?" he asked, setting the kit down on the bar and opening it up. It was a full kit, and, despite the nonstandard parts Dylan had lying inside it it would be plenty for the job at hand.
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 07:36:54 pm »
[Mess Hall]

Dylan felt more relaxed than he'd been in a while. Although he was in a place that looked... and felt... like a bomb had gone off, it was oddly calming to him to be in this scenario. He knew that the former XO, Commander Stafford, had been here frequently, but Dylan had only made his way here once or twice. It came highly reccomended, at least provided you weren't on the wrong side of the frying pan.

He laughed inwardly as he saw her stutter and falter for words, knowing the feeling... especially every time he was hauled before the Captain. "Don't worry about it, give me five minutes and we can start working on getting that replicator working." he said, setting his glass down. "After all, would the XO want the mess hall like this? The whole ship knows how much he eats..." he said, standing up. He left the mess hall, and went to his quarters, where he retrieved his tool kit and tricorder.

[Five Minutes Later]

Dylan re-entered the mess hall, looking around for Ash. "So... what's up first?" he asked, setting the kit down on the bar and opening it up. It was a full kit, and, despite the nonstandard parts Dylan had lying inside it it would be plenty for the job at hand.

[Mess Hall]

"Just... Thanks." Ash didn't know what else to say, and before she knew it, he was out of the mess hall to grab his things. She sat at the bar finishing her tea for a minute longer, then gathered both cups and dropped them off to be cleaned, grabbing her PADD on the way back. She settled on the ground behind the overturned replicator where she had been earlier and tried to figure out where she had left off...

[Five Minutes Later]

Ash almost didn't notice that Dylan had come back, she was too busy glaring at the replicator. Over the last few minutes her hair had been haphazardly tied up so that it was out of her face while she "worked," but all she had accomplished so far was to singe the fingertips of her left hand. "I'm over here with this... This... Infernal machine!"

She moved over so she wasn't crowding the access panel and pulled out her small container of burn salve and began applying it to her afflicted fingers. "Careful, it bites... Hard. Which brings up a question actually, how important is it not to get blood on the internal mechanisms?" She said it in jest, but was partially serious seeing as she hadn't had the chance to clean up the few spots from earlier when she had sliced her hand. "I swear this thing will be the end of me." She added with a bitter smile and a shake of her head.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 09:05:49 pm »
[Mess Hall]

"Just... Thanks." Ash didn't know what else to say, and before she knew it, he was out of the mess hall to grab his things. She sat at the bar finishing her tea for a minute longer, then gathered both cups and dropped them off to be cleaned, grabbing her PADD on the way back. She settled on the ground behind the overturned replicator where she had been earlier and tried to figure out where she had left off...

[Five Minutes Later]

Ash almost didn't notice that Dylan had come back, she was too busy glaring at the replicator. Over the last few minutes her hair had been haphazardly tied up so that it was out of her face while she "worked," but all she had accomplished so far was to singe the fingertips of her left hand. "I'm over here with this... This... Infernal machine!"

She moved over so she wasn't crowding the access panel and pulled out her small container of burn salve and began applying it to her afflicted fingers. "Careful, it bites... Hard. Which brings up a question actually, how important is it not to get blood on the internal mechanisms?" She said it in jest, but was partially serious seeing as she hadn't had the chance to clean up the few spots from earlier when she had sliced her hand. "I swear this thing will be the end of me." She added with a bitter smile and a shake of her head.

Dylan sat down by the replicator, frowning at the burns she had given herself. "Did you... turn off the replicator before working on it?" he asked, plugging in his PADD via a custom made port he had installed. He brought up the diagnostics and began running them, killing most power to the unit as he began running them. He sat back, looking at her. "Don't worry about it, we'll get it sorted out." he said, glad he had access and training about all the electronics on the ship, including mess hall. "So what else needs to be done?" he asked, looking to her.

The diagnostics beeped a bit later, and he looked at it. The plasma flow was destroyed, which would account for her burns, the phase emitter was out of sync. He grabbed a Phase Coil Resonator, and got to work, tricorder in one hand and the resonator in another.

The screen showed the damaged components, and he got to work, first sealing the microfissure on the plasma channels, then working on the rest of it. He also spoke to her. "That tool... the little cone-shaped one... that can clean the blood off, at least well enough." he said, nodding to it. He hoped she wasn't too badly hurt.
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 01:04:42 am »
Dylan sat down by the replicator, frowning at the burns she had given herself. "Did you... turn off the replicator before working on it?" he asked, plugging in his PADD via a custom made port he had installed. He brought up the diagnostics and began running them, killing most power to the unit as he began running them. He sat back, looking at her. "Don't worry about it, we'll get it sorted out." he said, glad he had access and training about all the electronics on the ship, including mess hall. "So what else needs to be done?" he asked, looking to her.

The diagnostics beeped a bit later, and he looked at it. The plasma flow was destroyed, which would account for her burns, the phase emitter was out of sync. He grabbed a Phase Coil Resonator, and got to work, tricorder in one hand and the resonator in another.

The screen showed the damaged components, and he got to work, first sealing the microfissure on the plasma channels, then working on the rest of it. He also spoke to her. "That tool... the little cone-shaped one... that can clean the blood off, at least well enough." he said, nodding to it. He hoped she wasn't too badly hurt.

[Mess Hall]

"Turn it off?" She fell into a fit of laughter. "I'm not even sure at this point. I thought I did, but in reality I know almost nothing about replicators... Which is probably not the best considering my position." She glanced around and took stock of everything else that needed to be done. "Well... I'd feel terrible making you do mundane work like moving crates of supplies around - and there's a lot of that to be done, seeing as I need to take care of everything that's up here then bring up replacements for everything that broke when it fell off the shelves. Before any of that can be done though, the shelves themselves need to be fixed." She cringed, looking at the mangled remains of the shelves that used to stand behind the bar. "I... I had an idea about bolting them down and installing shelf covers... If you wanted to see?" She cautiously ventured...

She watched Dylan as he worked on the replicator, amazed at how efficiently his hands moved. What she had struggled with for hours earlier seemed to be practically child's play. At his mention of the cone-shaped tool, Ash leaned over and held it out to him. "I'm not sure if you can see it, but there's a sharp edge near the left side. I was... distracted earlier and cut my hand a little is all." After only a moment's pause she added, "Wow. You must think I'm completely accident prone."

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 03:36:45 pm »
[Mess Hall]

"Turn it off?" She fell into a fit of laughter. "I'm not even sure at this point. I thought I did, but in reality I know almost nothing about replicators... Which is probably not the best considering my position." She glanced around and took stock of everything else that needed to be done. "Well... I'd feel terrible making you do mundane work like moving crates of supplies around - and there's a lot of that to be done, seeing as I need to take care of everything that's up here then bring up replacements for everything that broke when it fell off the shelves. Before any of that can be done though, the shelves themselves need to be fixed." She cringed, looking at the mangled remains of the shelves that used to stand behind the bar. "I... I had an idea about bolting them down and installing shelf covers... If you wanted to see?" She cautiously ventured...

She watched Dylan as he worked on the replicator, amazed at how efficiently his hands moved. What she had struggled with for hours earlier seemed to be practically child's play. At his mention of the cone-shaped tool, Ash leaned over and held it out to him. "I'm not sure if you can see it, but there's a sharp edge near the left side. I was... distracted earlier and cut my hand a little is all." After only a moment's pause she added, "Wow. You must think I'm completely accident prone."

[Mess Hall]

Dylan kept working, smiling a little when she mentioned how little she knew. "Well I don't blame you, replicators are usually pretty reliable and don't need maintenance. Good thing, too, ya know? There are more replicators on this ship than there are crew... one in every room pretty much! If they broke often... fixing them alone would be a full time job!"

He began to count, coming up with over 200 that he could think of, and that was just in quarters! If each one broke often.... well, he wouldn't stick around! He came back to his senses as she talked about the shelves. "What material were they made of? Something sturdy or just whatever you were given?" he asked. The basic shelving units weren't exactly the best stuff... though some reinforced metal shelves bolted in place might do the job well.... "Sure, I'd like to see those plans. We might be able to get that taken care of."

He set down the tricorder on the rounded surface of the replicator, which was currently spewing it's guts forth to Dylan as the metal casings had been removed, revealing the inner circuitry. He took the cone shaped tool and siphoned off most of the biomatter, at least enough that it wouldn't effect the machine and Dylan couldn't see it. When she indicated the sharp thing, he nodded, knowingly. "Yeah... gonna admit that when I was first learning replicators at the academy... more than one of us in the class learned to hate that same thing. Got me a few times too. Our instructors always had tools standing by to clean up the mess we made. It's part of the learning process."
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 09:53:40 pm »
[Mess Hall]

Dylan kept working, smiling a little when she mentioned how little she knew. "Well I don't blame you, replicators are usually pretty reliable and don't need maintenance. Good thing, too, ya know? There are more replicators on this ship than there are crew... one in every room pretty much! If they broke often... fixing them alone would be a full time job!"

He began to count, coming up with over 200 that he could think of, and that was just in quarters! If each one broke often.... well, he wouldn't stick around! He came back to his senses as she talked about the shelves. "What material were they made of? Something sturdy or just whatever you were given?" he asked. The basic shelving units weren't exactly the best stuff... though some reinforced metal shelves bolted in place might do the job well.... "Sure, I'd like to see those plans. We might be able to get that taken care of."

He set down the tricorder on the rounded surface of the replicator, which was currently spewing it's guts forth to Dylan as the metal casings had been removed, revealing the inner circuitry. He took the cone shaped tool and siphoned off most of the biomatter, at least enough that it wouldn't effect the machine and Dylan couldn't see it. When she indicated the sharp thing, he nodded, knowingly. "Yeah... gonna admit that when I was first learning replicators at the academy... more than one of us in the class learned to hate that same thing. Got me a few times too. Our instructors always had tools standing by to clean up the mess we made. It's part of the learning process."

[Mess Hall]

"I haven't done anything with the shelves since joining the Athena, so they're probably just made of whatever would be standard issue. But it would be nice if we could replace them with something that wouldn't buckle so easily." As she spoke, she fished out her designs from within her apron.

She held them hesitantly for a long moment before handing them over to Dylan. It had taken her a couple of weeks to draw up that design accurately, but compared to what he was normally used to they probably didn't look like much. Add that to the fact that they were still on the crinkled, bloodstained paper from last mission, and she wasn't feeling all that confident about them. "I know they aren't very good, but I hope they're at least somewhat decipherable..."

She did take some measure of comfort from Dylan's stories about the academy. "Ahh, so I'm not a total failure of an engineer then? That's a relief." She grinned again, leaning back onto her hands in a relaxed position as she watched him continue to work.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 12:56:43 pm »
[Mess Hall]

"I haven't done anything with the shelves since joining the Athena, so they're probably just made of whatever would be standard issue. But it would be nice if we could replace them with something that wouldn't buckle so easily." As she spoke, she fished out her designs from within her apron.

She held them hesitantly for a long moment before handing them over to Dylan. It had taken her a couple of weeks to draw up that design accurately, but compared to what he was normally used to they probably didn't look like much. Add that to the fact that they were still on the crinkled, bloodstained paper from last mission, and she wasn't feeling all that confident about them. "I know they aren't very good, but I hope they're at least somewhat decipherable..."

She did take some measure of comfort from Dylan's stories about the academy. "Ahh, so I'm not a total failure of an engineer then? That's a relief." She grinned again, leaning back onto her hands in a relaxed position as she watched him continue to work.

[Mess Hall]

"Hmm. Yeah. You'll want to get new ones." he said, smirking. "They were designed for form and not as much for function... it's understandable that they were not useful for food storage, especially that mass." He snapped off his tools, having completed his repairs. He got out an isolinear chip verifier and began running each of the chips. "Phaser damage can make these things go haywire" he said, indicating the chips.

He looked at the diagrams she had fished out, looking over them with the engineer's eye. He liked the ideas, but they did indeed show much use. "Been carrying these around?" he asked, looking at her. They were good, solid plans, and they looked like they'd hold the weight. He scanned them onto his PADD quickly, beginning to work on them from there. He made a few minor design changes, mainly the materials or a support beam here or there. Overall, however, he didn't change her designs. "Yeah.. Sure. We can make those work." he said, nodding. "What color do you want?"

He said that with a slight grin on his face, but he was slightly serious. They were her plans, he had just done a few things... and earned herself some paperwork along the way.
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 04:16:39 pm »
[Mess Hall]

"Hmm. Yeah. You'll want to get new ones." he said, smirking. "They were designed for form and not as much for function... it's understandable that they were not useful for food storage, especially that mass." He snapped off his tools, having completed his repairs. He got out an isolinear chip verifier and began running each of the chips. "Phaser damage can make these things go haywire" he said, indicating the chips.

He looked at the diagrams she had fished out, looking over them with the engineer's eye. He liked the ideas, but they did indeed show much use. "Been carrying these around?" he asked, looking at her. They were good, solid plans, and they looked like they'd hold the weight. He scanned them onto his PADD quickly, beginning to work on them from there. He made a few minor design changes, mainly the materials or a support beam here or there. Overall, however, he didn't change her designs. "Yeah.. Sure. We can make those work." he said, nodding. "What color do you want?"

He said that with a slight grin on his face, but he was slightly serious. They were her plans, he had just done a few things... and earned herself some paperwork along the way.

[Mess Hall]

She nodded in confirmation as he looked over her worn-out drawings. "Yeah... I've had them in my apron since the last mission. I just didn't know what to do with them. Or even if I should do anything with them. You really think they'll work?" She was pleasantly surprised by his assessment, and met his eyes with a hopeful smile on her face.

At the mention of colors, her eyes widened and a small chuckle escaped her lips. "I get new, reinforced shelves and I get to choose what color they are? That almost sounds too good to be true." She looked around the room, still grinning from ear to ear. "Actually... I'm not sure. What color do you think?" She turned back to him again for a moment before surveying the room in thought once more.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 04:48:29 pm »
[Mess Hall]

She nodded in confirmation as he looked over her worn-out drawings. "Yeah... I've had them in my apron since the last mission. I just didn't know what to do with them. Or even if I should do anything with them. You really think they'll work?" She was pleasantly surprised by his assessment, and met his eyes with a hopeful smile on her face.

At the mention of colors, her eyes widened and a small chuckle escaped her lips. "I get new, reinforced shelves and I get to choose what color they are? That almost sounds too good to be true." She looked around the room, still grinning from ear to ear. "Actually... I'm not sure. What color do you think?" She turned back to him again for a moment before surveying the room in thought once more.

[Mess]

"Since last mission?" he asked, parroting her. "You know you could have always asked for help or submitted a request to the Engineering department... we could have had this done a week ago!" he exclaimed, a smile on his face. He knew exactly why she hadn't, it was a matter of pride... that, and he didn't think she wanted to make more work. Either way, the plans were solid. "Aye, they're good designs, I fixed a few things but overall very well done. They'll suit your purposes." he said, thinking. "I think we have enough self-sealing stem bolts to hold them into place."

At the mention of his opinion, he muttered something, then spoke to her. "I'll give it to you straight. I'm an Engineer and a freighter child, not an interior decorator. I'm the last person you'd want giving you advice on aesthetics."

In all honesty, Dylan's honest opinion was that titanium or gunmetal grey went with Everything. But it was her mess, her choice.
Shadow Fleet

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles