Author Topic: S1 - Episode 3 - Open House  (Read 63197 times)

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • That is most illogical...
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - Episode 3 - Open House
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2016, 03:37:25 am »
Taryn blushed four shades of red. She felt like such a Plebe.

"Leave it to me to act like a First Year Cadet on my first day of my first assignment." she said. "You must think humans are so.....illogical. Can we just start over and go see the Commander?" she asked with a smile as they exited the lift and headed for their destination.

"By all means," Sevoc replied. "Also, being in a new environment can be disorienting."

They found the Commander sitting at a table with a Klingon and a Deltan standing near by. Why she may not have thought to ask the computer for his where abouts, Taryn had made it a point to look him up so she knew what he looked like. She point toward the table and spoke to Sevoc. "Over there." They made their way across the room and she stayed one step back so that Sevoc could report first. After all, he was at the office before her.

Sevoc began the introductions.

"Ensign Sevoc reporting as ordered, sir," he said in a very formal tone. "What will the first order of business?"

He had an idea what the response would be, but simply couldn't break protocol until instructed to.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2016, 12:37:25 pm »
First Officers Office
"Likewise nice to meet you as well." Howell replied as Kinun walked in. "Commander Stafford is incredibly busy." He broke his sentence, offering the ensign to have a seat. Walking back round to his side of the desk and sitting down, he continued "I have been asked to pass on Commander Stafford apologies and I also wanted to go through the plans for the delegations." Leaning over his desk, Howell took the PADD out of Hust's hand and began skim reading it. "I'll note that your transfer orders have been received onto LCARS." He finished, placing the PADD down on his desk among a whole stack of PADD's.

[XO's Office]

"I understand." he said, knowing that with the preparations being made time was a commodity that was hard to come by. He sat down when offered, nodding his thanks. "Very well, Sir." he said. "I'm currently unaware about any of the plans that have been made, nor can I say I know much about anything going on around here." he admitted. In fact, all he knew so far about the administration of the station was his office: Deck 236, Northern Wing, by Turboshaft Six. It was down in the bowels of the station, but it's where he'd be assigned... or relegated... until needed. Likely the latter, he hoped, as if his duties were needed more often that not Command would have a few questions... quite a few questions indeed.
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2016, 01:31:02 pm »

Sevoc began the introductions.

"Ensign Sevoc reporting as ordered, sir," he said in a very formal tone. "What will the first order of business?"

He had an idea what the response would be, but simply couldn't break protocol until instructed to.

[Promenade Bar]

Stafford nodded solemnly to the half Andorian, half Vulcan ensign. He'd heard of this man, but was glad to place a name to the face.

"Ensign, I am Commander Luke Stafford. This is Chaplain Vem, our spiritual guide and morale officer of sorts." He would have rose and been just as formal as the young ensign was being, but his hip was bothering him again. "Pleased to meet you, ensign."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 04:41:08 pm by Luke Stafford »

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2016, 01:56:21 pm »
Tritter had been interrupted from his dialogue with the Vulcan. He listened intently as his comm badge went off, he sighed a bit, he hated baby sitting and he knew the Admiral from his prior duty assignment, so he secretly did not look forward to it, but the man would do as ordered. He would look towards the Vulcan, than would reply with "My apologies, duty calls" He would wait for the Vulcan to exit his Office, than he would exit. The man would than make his way to the main transporter room, having to duck through various bulkheads and a turbo lift that was obviously not designed for a mam his size. He would make his way into the main Transporter room, he would simply look over the Admiral for the time being, he seemed a bit quiet around this one for whatever reason, althouh he did greet the man with a basic "Hello Admiral", which would sound interesting in his heavy German accent.

[Sec Chief's Office]

Mahak observed the emotional reaction in the man and would have questioned it, but he also saw that Tritter was eager to be gone. Perhaps eager was the wrong word, but the arrival of an admiral at the base would mean extra scrutiny and work for them all.

"I understand, Lieutenant. Perhaps I will see you in the gym for a workout or a spar." Without another word, the Vulcan pilot turned on his heel and was gone.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2016, 03:29:38 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

"Splendid, chaplain." Stafford favored the odd man with one of his kind smiles before he observed the young Deltan medical officer standing nearby.

"I'm sorry, ensign, I don't recall your name," The commander said. It went without saying that with a crew compliment of fifty thousand people that the CO could not be expected to know everyone, even the members of his senior staff. Not at first, anyway.

"The chaplain and I were just discussing the spiritual needs here at the station, and the upcoming diplomatic conference." Stafford said to her, hoping to include the young lady in their conversation.

[Promenade Bar]

"Zex, my name is Zex, Sir" the Deltan replied.  She took a step forward to indicate her willingness to participate in the discussion.  "Well, Vem is the expert in these matters.  So I would defer to his advise" she added.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2016, 03:35:55 pm »

[Promenade Bar]

"Zex, my name is Zex, Sir" the Deltan replied.  She took a step forward to indicate her willingness to participate in the discussion.  "Well, Vem is the expert in these matters.  So I would defer to his advise" she added.

[Promenade Bar]

"Indeed." Stafford said. "I am sure I will learn to rely on all of your expertise soon enough."

Inwardly, the commander was cringing. He had asked Howell to keep this officer away from him. He hoped and prayed that the Deltan medical officer wouldn't ask about his injury. The last thing he needed right now was another medical professional admonishing him for being a doctor himself and not taking care of his injury.

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2016, 05:08:51 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

Stafford nodded solemnly to the half Andorian, half Vulcan ensign. He'd heard of this man, but was glad to place a name to the face.

"Ensign, I am Commander Luke Stafford. This is Chaplain Vem, our spiritual guide and morale officer of sorts." He would have rose and been just as formal as the young ensign was being, but his hip was bothering him again. "Pleased to meet you, ensign."

"It is agreeable to meet you as well, sir," Sevoc replied and then turned to Vem "Greetings, Chaplin. I would remiss if I did not yield the floor to Ensign Galen."

Sevoc wanted to make sure the Bajoran/Human that tagged behind him got a proper introduction. He felt it necessary to make sure things went as by the book as possible.

Alt for Leo

Offline Vem, son of Motag

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Today is NOT a good day to die.
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2016, 06:36:33 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

When Sevoc gave his formal introduction Vem smiled knowingly. Formality was for formal occasions- not a bar. But he stayed quiet, choosing to instead observe how the Commander would respond.

He said with a wink when the Commander introduced him. Vem had a LOT of gods and religions so he was sure at least SOME of them would get along with whoever he was talking to- so it was a safe bet.

He said politely back to Zex. In reality- that was probably a lie. He was a skilled homeopath himself and, while he respected the more formal medical institutions, thought they were far too rigid in their thinking.

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2016, 07:13:16 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

"Indeed." Stafford said. "I am sure I will learn to rely on all of your expertise soon enough."

Inwardly, the commander was cringing. He had asked Howell to keep this officer away from him. He hoped and prayed that the Deltan medical officer wouldn't ask about his injury. The last thing he needed right now was another medical professional admonishing him for being a doctor himself and not taking care of his injury.

[Promenade Bar]

As if on cue, Zex toughed the medical kit hanging from her left should with her left hand.  "Thank you, Commander.  That's actually why I'm here.  I do need a minute of your time to administer your inoculations" the Deltan said as softly as possible.

The truth was that Zex also needed to give Luke the medication that has been prescribed to help him manage the pain associated with his recent injuries.  But doctor - patient confidentiality prevented her from saying more.  So, she simply smiled at her new Commanding Officer and waited for a reply.

[Promenade Bar]

When Sevoc gave his formal introduction Vem smiled knowingly. Formality was for formal occasions- not a bar. But he stayed quiet, choosing to instead observe how the Commander would respond.

“May your gods and mine get along.” He said with a wink when the Commander introduced him. Vem had a LOT of gods and religions so he was sure at least SOME of them would get along with whoever he was talking to- so it was a safe bet.

“And I’ll defer to your advice in medical matters.” He said politely back to Zex. In reality- that was probably a lie. He was a skilled homeopath himself and, while he respected the more formal medical institutions, thought they were far too rigid in their thinking.

[Promenade Bar]

"Thank you, Vem" Zex replied.  He cheeks and scalp blushed red.  This was the first compliment the Klingon had given her!

And it warmed her heart!  "If you can give me a list of those in attendance, I will be happy to review it and give my suggestions.  If any are needed, that it" she replied with a bit of excitement in her voice.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2016, 08:54:46 pm »
[XO's Office]

"I understand." he said, knowing that with the preparations being made time was a commodity that was hard to come by. He sat down when offered, nodding his thanks. "Very well, Sir." he said. "I'm currently unaware about any of the plans that have been made, nor can I say I know much about anything going on around here." he admitted. In fact, all he knew so far about the administration of the station was his office: Deck 236, Northern Wing, by Turboshaft Six. It was down in the bowels of the station, but it's where he'd be assigned... or relegated... until needed. Likely the latter, he hoped, as if his duties were needed more often that not Command would have a few questions... quite a few questions indeed.
First Officers Office
Adjusting his chair to move closer to the desk, Dan replied "The delegants will be arriving very soon, most likely within the next few hours. Admiral Kirok from the Phoenix will also be arriving shortly, if he has not done so already. I want you to work alongside security to be responsible for his safety whilst on board." Leaning over so both of his arms rested on the desk. "Delegations can be a homing beacon for terror attacks and in the event anything should happen, I want you in charge of investigations as well." Leaning back on his chair once more, he gave Kinun a moment to take in the information and orders that Dan gave and then finished his sentence saying "Understood?"
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Vem, son of Motag

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Today is NOT a good day to die.
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2016, 09:50:22 pm »

[Promenade Bar]

"Thank you, Vem" Zex replied.  He cheeks and scalp blushed red.  This was the first compliment the Klingon had given her!

And it warmed her heart!  "If you can give me a list of those in attendance, I will be happy to review it and give my suggestions.  If any are needed, that it" she replied with a bit of excitement in her voice.

"The 'mander here has them." He indicated with sharp tilt of his head that made his dreadlocks shake a bit.

"Oh, and Klingon representative will NOT want cold compress after I hit him with a pain stick... it's a... cultural thing." He said a bit awkwardly. He deplored violence, understood its place, but was still going to get a kick out of painsticking the hell out of a Son of Kor.

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2016, 12:39:10 am »
"The 'mander here has them." He indicated with sharp tilt of his head that made his dreadlocks shake a bit.

"Oh, and Klingon representative will NOT want cold compress after I hit him with a pain stick... it's a... cultural thing." He said a bit awkwardly. He deplored violence, understood its place, but was still going to get a kick out of painsticking the hell out of a Son of Kor.

[Promenade Bar]

Zex nodded her head when Vem informed her that Luke had the list.  She was sure the new CO would share it with her when he was ready.  Maybe even before he got his shots!

"Oh" the Delta replied to his comment about the painstick.  "I hope I get the opportunity to witness this practice.  I think it would help me understand Klingons much better" she admitted. 

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2016, 06:50:52 am »
[Promenade Bar]

He said with a wink when the Commander introduced him. Vem had a LOT of gods and religions so he was sure at least SOME of them would get along with whoever he was talking to- so it was a safe bet.

He said politely back to Zex. In reality- that was probably a lie. He was a skilled homeopath himself and, while he respected the more formal medical institutions, thought they were far too rigid in their thinking.

Sevoc was slightly confused by the Klingon's words, since he didn't have a particular religion. He saw many of the things he was taught as a Vulcan in that area to be more customs than a religion.

"I am quite certain there will be no quarrel between us," he stated coolly. "The fact that any 'gods' should be at odds is not only inconsequential, but illogical."

There was an undertone of sass that Vulcans seemed to show when they became, for lack of a better term, annoyed that permeated Sevoc's words. He certainly did not want to offend the kind Chaplin, but also felt it necessary to convey his feelings on the matter.

Alt for Leo

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2016, 12:39:53 pm »
First Officers Office
Adjusting his chair to move closer to the desk, Dan replied "The delegants will be arriving very soon, most likely within the next few hours. Admiral Kirok from the Phoenix will also be arriving shortly, if he has not done so already. I want you to work alongside security to be responsible for his safety whilst on board." Leaning over so both of his arms rested on the desk. "Delegations can be a homing beacon for terror attacks and in the event anything should happen, I want you in charge of investigations as well." Leaning back on his chair once more, he gave Kinun a moment to take in the information and orders that Dan gave and then finished his sentence saying "Understood?"

[First Officer's office]

"I see." he said. He didn't know the admiral, nor any of the other people mentioned. He'd do his best though. "Hopefully we won't need to run any investigations, however I'll be ready if needed. I expect that this'll be rather simple and problemless." he said, confident that things would be alright. "Do we have quarters assigned for the delegates?" he asked, looking at the XO. "And the Phoenix, is she staying in port for security or what ship is on patrol?" He knew he was asking questions, but they were things he needed to know to be able to feel secure and be able to do his job. Regardless, he'd get it done but it was just a matter of how much drama he had to deal with beforehand. Little did he know how much trouble was brewing already elsewhere on the station.
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2016, 01:42:56 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

Stafford exchanged nods and smiles with all of the assembled crew. "Ladies, gentlemen, and otherwise, we have much to do and very little time to do it in. Our first delegation is arriving early tomorrow morning. For now, report back to your stations and make sure we are all on point tomorrow."

"I know that my command style is not what you're accustomed to," The CO continued. "However, our mission is also unique. We will be welcoming guests from major Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers to discuss recent violence in this sector. I know you will all do your very best to make them feel welcome, and that the Columbus is guarding not only Federation interests but those of our allies. I'll see you all later. Dismissed."

THE NEXT MORNING
[Docking Ring - 0600]

With great ceremony, the Vulcan delegation had stepped off of their elegant science vessel. They were a team of three, all wearing richly tailored but somber robes of their people.

Stafford had worn his best dress uniform for the occasion, and replicated a new cane. He was also glad he had refused Ensign Zex's offer of pain medication. His hip might be bothering him mightily, but he needed his head clear.

"Peace, and long life." The oldest Vulcan delegate, a severe looking female, said. "I am T'Vin, of the Vulcan Science Directorate."

"Commander Luke Paul Stafford." Nimbly, he switched his cane from his right hand to his left to proffer the traditional Vulcan greeting. "Peace, and long life. Welcome to the Federation Starbase Columbus, Madame T'Vin."

The Vulcan female, considerably older but more spry than he, set off to walking down the corridor. Stafford did his best to keep up.

"Vulcan is most concerned about the recent skirmishes in this sector, Commander." T'Vin had a slow, pedantic way of talking that Stafford was beginning to dislike. "It could be assumed that a Federation starbase in the area would quell such thuggish violence."

"That is exactly our intention, Madame, along with investigation." Stafford said, limping along next to her.

"I do hope you have the means of conducting an investigation, Commander."

The woman was beginning to rankle him Damnit, where is Vem when I need him? "We do, Madame, and I thank you for your concern. Now, is there anything I might offer to you now that you've arrived? Refreshment?"

"A closed door and some quiet would be agreeable, Commander. We have much to discuss."

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles