Author Topic: S1 - Episode 3 - Open House  (Read 63160 times)

Offline Vem, son of Motag

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Today is NOT a good day to die.
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - Episode 3 - Open House
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2016, 06:46:44 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

He said with a shrug. More for him- off hours of course.

Vem's face eased, he was a professional despite his demeanor. He'd served on several ships, sometimes under the worst of circumstances and his recent posting was given to him due to his service,

He was all business and didn't seem bothered by the smell.

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2016, 06:48:57 pm »
Tritter's gaze remain focused on the man, he would than take a few steps forward, he would be standing about six feet from the Vulcan. He noticed they were not intimidated and there was a certain respect he had for the Vulcan due to that.

He pondered over their greeting to him, he found it curious, but he would reply with "Hello Crewman Mahak, I am Lieutenant Junior Grade Tritter, thank you for the welcome" His gaze locked onto the Vulcan.

[Sec Chief's Office]

Idly, Mahak pondered why the chief was locking eyes with him as if there was going to be a fight. Was this some kind of showdown? Humans are so needlessly confrontational.

"Besides Starfleet combatives, are you trained in any martial arts, Lieutenant Tritter?" Mahak asked. "The Starbase has an excellent gymnasium and sparring room. The facilities here are quite luxurious compared to most postings in Starfleet."

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2016, 06:53:08 pm »
[Sec Chief's Office]

Idly, Mahak pondered why the chief was locking eyes with him as if there was going to be a fight. Was this some kind of showdown? Humans are so needlessly confrontational.

"Besides Starfleet combatives, are you trained in any martial arts, Lieutenant Tritter?" Mahak asked. "The Starbase has an excellent gymnasium and sparring room. The facilities here are quite luxurious compared to most postings in Starfleet."

Tritter could sense how the other Man felt about he carried himself, but that is how he is and he does not change for anyone. Although this could be a confrontation if one wanted. He pondered the Vulcan's question, before he replied with "Yes, I am trained in Akido, Brazilian Ju Jitstu, Muay Thai, as well as a Mixed Martial Arts variant. I received extensive training on earth as part of my prior career. I wil make a note to visit them, I have not had a chance to look around. How about you?" His time was generiously curious, his tone seemed to relax slightly.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:14:04 pm by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2016, 07:05:40 pm »
[Promenade]

=/\= Aye Sir.=/\= he said, more than a little annoyed. "The JAG Officer"? Really? That's the best they knew him as? He knew Lawyer wasn't exactly the most respected profession, but they couldn't have at least said his actual name? Regardless, that was likely the First Officer, judging from the location of the meeting. He gathered his things, and, still out of uniform headed down to the right area. He was only briefly blocked by two guards who kept the riffraff out of the secured areas before arriving at the quarters. He'd had to prove his Identity, and so just went to a place and changed into his uniform, the red bar with his pip on proving his identity. He was an Ensign by rank but he was in charge of the one-man department he had been assigned to set up. The fleet here had been without a JAG officer for far too long, at least that's what command though. He pressed the door chime and waited to be let in.
First Officers Office
Howell was in his office awaiting, swinging left to right on his chair, awaiting the arrival of Zex and the JAG Officer. He suddenly reaslied he didn't know the name of the, JAG Officer who was new to the base. Picking up a PADD that was lying in a partial mess on his desk, he read through the crew manifest and saw the Officer was an ensign named Hust Kinun. Placing the PADD back down, he attempted to make a quick tidy of the desk. Just as he finished, a chime sounded. "Enter." Howell called to see Kinun. Getting up from his chair and walking around his desk, he walked to the door. Motioning for the officer to enter he said "You must be Ensign Hirst Kinun, the JAG Officer. I'm Lieutenant Howell, acting First Officer..."
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2016, 07:43:17 pm »
First Officers Office
Howell was in his office awaiting, swinging left to right on his chair, awaiting the arrival of Zex and the JAG Officer. He suddenly reaslied he didn't know the name of the, JAG Officer who was new to the base. Picking up a PADD that was lying in a partial mess on his desk, he read through the crew manifest and saw the Officer was an ensign named Hust Kinun. Placing the PADD back down, he attempted to make a quick tidy of the desk. Just as he finished, a chime sounded. "Enter." Howell called to see Kinun. Getting up from his chair and walking around his desk, he walked to the door. Motioning for the officer to enter he said "You must be Ensign Hirst Kinun, the JAG Officer. I'm Lieutenant Howell, acting First Officer..."

[XO's Office]

Hust looked up as the door opened, seeing a man of the proper rank to be the First Officer, and the fact that the man was in the room, well, as the Vulcans would say, was 'Only Logical'. It was further confirmed when the man introduced himself as Hust walked in. "Aye sir. That's me. Nice to meet you sir." he said, looking around. "I should assume that Commander Stafford is otherwise busy?" he asked, not seeing the new CO of the base in any of the corners. Either way, he was sure the man had his reasons. He looked at Howell, pondering something quickly, and probing the man's projected emotions for what he could see. He wasn't invasive, and it was very unlikely that the man would even notice, but even then he didn't have a real clear view of the man. Very quickly he realized he was simply standing still, looking at the man with a slightly bemuzed expression. He broke the silence. "Here are my transfer orders from Starfleet and my orders from The Judge Advocate General's office, complete with outlines of my expected duties." he said, extending a PADD to the man.
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2016, 07:56:40 pm »
Tritter could sense how the other Man felt about he carried himself, but that is how he is and he does not change for anyone. Although this could be a confrontation if one wanted. He pondered the Vulcan's question, before he replied with "Yes, I am trained in Akido, Brazilian Ju Jitstu, Muay Thai, as well as a Mixed Martial Arts variant. I received extensive training on earth as part of my prior career. I wil make a note to visit them, I have not had a chance to look around. How about you?" His time was generiously curious, his tone seemed to relax slightly.

[Sec Chief's Office]

Some of the disciplines the lieutenant were naming involved mat wrestling and submissions. Others were stand up arts that involves a great deal of striking. Either way, Tritter ought to be a formidable opponent.

"I took and excelled in Advanced Starfleet Combatives in the Academy as an elective." The Vulcan had a clear, forthright, confident way of speaking that rang with authority, belying his relatively small size and skinny stature. "I have also trained at the human art of pugilism for many years. I find it to be a very scientific and precise way to remain fit and strong."

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2016, 08:12:33 pm »
[Sec Chief's Office]

Some of the disciplines the lieutenant were naming involved mat wrestling and submissions. Others were stand up arts that involves a great deal of striking. Either way, Tritter ought to be a formidable opponent.

"I took and excelled in Advanced Starfleet Combatives in the Academy as an elective." The Vulcan had a clear, forthright, confident way of speaking that rang with authority, belying his relatively small size and skinny stature. "I have also trained at the human art of pugilism for many years. I find it to be a very scientific and precise way to remain fit and strong."

Tritter listened intently as the Vulcan spoke, silent until a few moments after he finished speaking. He would than reply with "Such provides a decent foundation, but one should seek out different forms of self defense to be able to protect themselves, but it is good for pbysical conditioning. I prefer boxing for conditioning" It was obvious he knew what he was talking about and he was a subject matter expert.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2016, 08:15:23 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

He said with a shrug. More for him- off hours of course.

Vem's face eased, he was a professional despite his demeanor. He'd served on several ships, sometimes under the worst of circumstances and his recent posting was given to him due to his service,

He was all business and didn't seem bothered by the smell.

[Promenade Bar]

"Excellent work, chaplain." Stafford said. "I've often found that religion provides a much needed distraction and outlet for much negativity."

He had spoken this without scorn, judgement, or any feeling at all. Stafford was stolid and earthy and impious. He'd seen too much in his career to believe in anything that he could not touch or scan or heal.

"Here is the information of the arrival of the delegates. I will be passing this out to each member of my senior staff. What do you know of the spiritual needs of these people?"

0530 - Vulcan delegation arrives

0800 - Ferengi delegation arrives

1200 - Bajoran delegation arrives

1330 - Klingon delegation arrives

"I don't have to tell you that juggling so many different delegates, ambassadors, and politicians is going to be tough work." Stafford said brusquely. "Thank god the Federation ambassador is mediating. He's the real diplomat here, not me."

Though he wouldn't say so, the commander was reluctant to let loose Vem, Son of Motag, onto such an august group of people. Who knew what havoc this strange fellow could wreak upon them? Perhaps he was doing the chaplain a disservice, however. When he'd brought up the spiritual needs of the station Vem had perked up and spoken with passion about all he was doing.

Or it could be that Starfleet had stuck another troublemaker onto the Starbase Columbus like they had its new commander. Stafford resolved to find out which one Vem was.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2016, 09:00:30 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

Vem understood that not everyone "got "Well... the Vulcan T'pog He began absently, his previous jovial demeanor gone as he examined the list carefully- reaching deep into his wellspring of information.

"This week is the Bajoran 'Hajj of the 3 Spirits' so their ambassador will, possibly, be delayed sleightly due to the traffic out of Bajor. If the ambassador smelled of Earthy leaves and aromatics- make sure to congratulate him on a successful Hajj and wish him a ‘replenishing vision of the Prophets

Vem seemed to know far more about Bajoran ritual life than anyone outside of Bajor had any business knowing. He had been an ordained sub-Vedic of an off-world faith movement but that had been decades ago- his training to become Chaplain was really what he was drawing on for this.

"There shouldn't need to be any special consideration for the Klingon delegate, unless he is of the House of Kor- in which case you must strike him across the mouth as violently as you can upon first meeting him. It is their time of ‘heroic atonement

He paused and wrinkled his forehead,

When discussing these matters Vem was a different person- all business and no talk of bloody eggs.

Vem, Son of Motag
Homeopathic Doctor

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2016, 09:25:24 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

Vem understood that not everyone "got "Well... the Vulcan T'pog He began absently, his previous jovial demeanor gone as he examined the list carefully- reaching deep into his wellspring of information.

"This week is the Bajoran 'Hajj of the 3 Spirits' so their ambassador will, possibly, be delayed sleightly due to the traffic out of Bajor. If the ambassador smelled of Earthy leaves and aromatics- make sure to congratulate him on a successful Hajj and wish him a ‘replenishing vision of the Prophets

Vem seemed to know far more about Bajoran ritual life than anyone outside of Bajor had any business knowing. He had been an ordained sub-Vedic of an off-world faith movement but that had been decades ago- his training to become Chaplain was really what he was drawing on for this.

"There shouldn't need to be any special consideration for the Klingon delegate, unless he is of the House of Kor- in which case you must strike him across the mouth as violently as you can upon first meeting him. It is their time of ‘heroic atonement

He paused and wrinkled his forehead,

When discussing these matters Vem was a different person- all business and no talk of bloody eggs.

Stafford was impressed, but kept it low key. A lifetime of dealing with other officers, both superior and subordinate, had taught him that there were times to show emotion and times where it wasn't advantageous. This man, for all his quirks and peculiarities, was under his command. As chummy as Stafford got with his men, it only worked well to a point. It wouldn't be appropriate to publicly fawn over Vem. Perhaps when one of them was posted elsewhere they could speak to one another on a level playing field.

"Good, you've covered all the bases." The commander said. "Would you mind greeting each of the delegates and remaining on hand during the conference?"

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2016, 09:33:08 pm »
Stafford was impressed, but kept it low key. A lifetime of dealing with other officers, both superior and subordinate, had taught him that there were times to show emotion and times where it wasn't advantageous. This man, for all his quirks and peculiarities, was under his command. As chummy as Stafford got with his men, it only worked well to a point. It wouldn't be appropriate to publicly fawn over Vem. Perhaps when one of them was posted elsewhere they could speak to one another on a level playing field.

"Good, you've covered all the bases." The commander said. "Would you mind greeting each of the delegates and remaining on hand during the conference?"

[Promenade Bar]

'One patient down and only four more to go' Zex thought to herself after she consulted her padd for those remaining on her list.  The new CO would be the hardest to pin down.  So naturally, he was the next person on her list.

So, the Deltan consulted the ship computer.  The new CO was apparently at the bar on the promenade.  So, he was easy to find in her eyes!

After a turbo lift ride to the right deck and a walk to the bar in questions, Zex soon reached her destination.  She walked up to the men who seemed to be in conversation.  She stood quietly for a moment to give them time to finish.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:34:52 pm by Zex »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2016, 09:37:44 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

Vem nodded. He wasn't a diplomat but he had years of interacting with people in the capacity of a spiritual guide so he wasn't jumping into the deep end without knowing how to swim. He did wonder, to himself, what kind of statement the Commander was trying to make to his guests by having the station's Chaplain greet them. Could it be that he wanted to show them that all their cultural differences should be put aside due to his non-denominal nature. Or was the Commander just testing him- seeing if he would fling poo at the delegates in some insane ritual Vem had decided to follow that day.

To Luke, Vem simply seemed contemplative for a second before reaching some conclusion,

The Klingon nodded to Zex who stood just beyond the two as a gesture of welcome.

Vem, Son of Motag
Homeopathic Doctor

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2016, 09:54:02 pm »
[Promenade Bar]

Vem nodded. He wasn't a diplomat but he had years of interacting with people in the capacity of a spiritual guide so he wasn't jumping into the deep end without knowing how to swim. He did wonder, to himself, what kind of statement the Commander was trying to make to his guests by having the station's Chaplain greet them. Could it be that he wanted to show them that all their cultural differences should be put aside due to his non-denominal nature. Or was the Commander just testing him- seeing if he would fling poo at the delegates in some insane ritual Vem had decided to follow that day.

To Luke, Vem simply seemed contemplative for a second before reaching some conclusion,

The Klingon nodded to Zex who stood just beyond the two as a gesture of welcome.

[Promenade Bar]

"Splendid, chaplain." Stafford favored the odd man with one of his kind smiles before he observed the young Deltan medical officer standing nearby.

"I'm sorry, ensign, I don't recall your name," The commander said. It went without saying that with a crew compliment of fifty thousand people that the CO could not be expected to know everyone, even the members of his senior staff. Not at first, anyway.

"The chaplain and I were just discussing the spiritual needs here at the station, and the upcoming diplomatic conference." Stafford said to her, hoping to include the young lady in their conversation.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2016, 10:53:43 pm »
[XO's Office]

Hust looked up as the door opened, seeing a man of the proper rank to be the First Officer, and the fact that the man was in the room, well, as the Vulcans would say, was 'Only Logical'. It was further confirmed when the man introduced himself as Hust walked in. "Aye sir. That's me. Nice to meet you sir." he said, looking around. "I should assume that Commander Stafford is otherwise busy?" he asked, not seeing the new CO of the base in any of the corners. Either way, he was sure the man had his reasons. He looked at Howell, pondering something quickly, and probing the man's projected emotions for what he could see. He wasn't invasive, and it was very unlikely that the man would even notice, but even then he didn't have a real clear view of the man. Very quickly he realized he was simply standing still, looking at the man with a slightly bemuzed expression. He broke the silence. "Here are my transfer orders from Starfleet and my orders from The Judge Advocate General's office, complete with outlines of my expected duties." he said, extending a PADD to the man.
First Officers Office
"Likewise nice to meet you as well." Howell replied as Kinun walked in. "Commander Stafford is incredibly busy." He broke his sentence, offering the ensign to have a seat. Walking back round to his side of the desk and sitting down, he continued "I have been asked to pass on Commander Stafford apologies and I also wanted to go through the plans for the delegations." Leaning over his desk, Howell took the PADD out of Hust's hand and began skim reading it. "I'll note that your transfer orders have been received onto LCARS." He finished, placing the PADD down on his desk among a whole stack of PADD's.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Galen Taryn

• Approved Applicants
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2016, 03:19:11 am »
[CO's Waiting Room]

"I am unsure, however, logic would suggest two options: The first, and possibly more time consuming, would be to start at the main bar area. Before I departed my last assignment, I had inquired about Commander Stafford. Turns out he does like to frequent such establishments. The second would be to simply ask the computer where he is at."

"Computer, what is Commander Stafford's current location?"

=/\=Commander Stafford is currently located in Bar 3 in the Promenade.=/\=

"See, it's a matter of simple logic."

Taryn blushed four shades of red. She felt like such a Plebe.

"Leave it to me to act like a First Year Cadet on my first day of my first assignment." she said. "You must think humans are so.....illogical. Can we just start over and go see the Commander?" she asked with a smile as they exited the lift and headed for their destination. They found the Commander sitting at a table with a Klingon and a Deltan standing near by. Why she may not have thought to ask the computer for his where abouts, Taryn had made it a point to look him up so she knew what he looked like. She point toward the table and spoke to Sevoc. "Over there." They made their way across the room and she stayed one step back so that Sevoc could report first. After all, he was at the office before her.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles