S1 - Episode 3 - Open House

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, October 01, 2016, 06:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 28, 2016, 12:12:09 AM

Tritter looked towards the female, as she made her way over to the Ensign, he would than state "Something happened between him and our captive" His tone was very matter of fact, he only looked at her for a split second before he focused his gaze back on the alien. He kept focused on the alien, he kept his emotions in check, he really wanted to just shoot the alien into oblivion, he was ready to end this, but he was also dedicated to keeping his fellow crew members safe.

[Brig ->Sickbay]

"If I had to guess, I would say that the being in the Brig is attacking Kinun with some type of telepathy.  I'm going to take Hust to Sickbay.  Maybe some distance between the two will break the connection" Zex said.

"If you are going to remain, I would suggest that you accept the medication I was going to give Hust.  I'm not sure it will completely block another attack.  But it may slow it down some" she said as she loaded a hypo spray.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Zex on October 28, 2016, 07:08:28 PM

[Brig ->Sickbay]

"If I had to guess, I would say that the being in the Brig is attacking Kinun with some type of telepathy.  I'm going to take Hust to Sickbay.  Maybe some distance between the two will break the connection" Zex said.

"If you are going to remain, I would suggest that you accept the medication I was going to give Hust.  I'm not sure it will completely block another attack.  But it may slow it down some" she said as she loaded a hypo spray.

Tritter nodded slightly to Zex, he would keep focused on the Alien, but he replied with "Understood. I will keep that handy, I am very familiar with telepathy" He would take it from her and keep it handy, he doubts he will need it, he is fairly used to this type of thing, but he keeps his focus on the Alien, he doesn't relent in his focus on the creature, he knew something would happen at some point.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Daniel Howell on October 28, 2016, 11:07:13 AM

Operations
Howell knew this was no less than a dire situation. He had not taken on a task of this scale yet in his career. Taking a deep breath, he calmed himself and replied to the alien over the channel saying "Unidentified vessels, this is Lieutenant Daniel Howell, acting First Officer of the Federation Starbase Columbus. We are willing to meet your demands, however we must first understand why the need for you to take him back so quickly and why he has been impersonating a Federation Ambassador. We are willing to enter diplomatic talks to discuss this, after which your man will be returned to you..."

Dan was shaking, but doing his best to remain calm. He hoped the aliens would agree to what he said.

[NPC - Alien Ship]

"Our identity and his activities are as of yet of no concern to you, lieutenant." The audio voice said smoothly. "Unless you have any concrete proof regarding a crime we will collect him and be on our way. For now."

Quote from: Sevoc on October 28, 2016, 01:08:34 AM

[USS Gibson] - Bridge

"Science station reports ready, sir," Sevoc responded coolly. "Scans show their weapons are ready. Their shields are up."

There wasn't much further to report on the enemy's situation. His Andorian side was starting to rise a bit. He suppressed it quickly. The instinct of that side was to strike as hard and fast as possible.

[Luke Stafford - USS Gibson - Bridge]

"Excellent, Ensign." Stafford glanced down at his display next to the captain's chair. He had not been on the bridge of a starship for too long. It felt both more cramped but neither better or worse than Ops on the station. We'll soon know what this old ship is made of.

"Sevoc," The commander said, eyes still on his display. "Are you picking up that strange energy reading coming from the enemy vessels?"

Kirok

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 29, 2016, 02:18:38 AM

Tritter nodded slightly to Zex, he would keep focused on the Alien, but he replied with "Understood. I will keep that handy, I am very familiar with telepathy" He would take it from her and keep it handy, he doubts he will need it, he is fairly used to this type of thing, but he keeps his focus on the Alien, he doesn't relent in his focus on the creature, he knew something would happen at some point.

[Brig]

Zex hesitated for a moment.  "There will be no harm to you if you take the medication before an attack comes.  In fact, it would be the preferred order of things" she explained.

"But I will leave that decision to you" the Deltan added.  Then she turned back to Hust.  =/\=Two for site to site transport to Sickbay=/\= she said after tapping her combadge.

Sevoc

Quote from: Luke Stafford on October 29, 2016, 09:12:34 AM

[Luke Stafford - USS Gibson - Bridge]

"Excellent, Ensign." Stafford glanced down at his display next to the captain's chair. He had not been on the bridge of a starship for too long. It felt both more cramped but neither better or worse than Ops on the station. We'll soon know what this old ship is made of.

"Sevoc," The commander said, eyes still on his display. "Are you picking up that strange energy reading coming from the enemy vessels?"

USS Gibson - Bridge

Sevoc checked the console again.

"Indeed, sir," he replied. "These patterns are something I am unfamiliar with. Radiation levels appear off the charts, yet there are no signs of isotopes. The temperature fluctuations from 230Á¢"žÆ' to -30Á¢"žÆ'. In a word, these readings are fascinating, to say the least."

Sevoc wasn't quite prepared for the readings. It was extremely odd.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Luke Stafford on October 29, 2016, 09:12:34 AM

[NPC - Alien Ship]

"Our identity and his activities are as of yet of no concern to you, lieutenant." The audio voice said smoothly. "Unless you have any concrete proof regarding a crime we will collect him and be on our way. For now."

Operations
Howell sighed as the alien vessel, clearly this was not going to be as simple as he had hoped. He paced around operations for a few moments with his head down, rubbing his chin. He knew he had to respond carefully, after all what he said next could mean the difference between a peaceful ending and a full scale battle. The voice of the Alien seemed quite calm, which in turn made Dan feel quite calm as to him it at least meant the chances of hostile action are low.

Looking around Ops, he took one final deep breath before replying "We do not have any current solid proof and therefore I have no further reason to delay you. We will send you his transport co-ordinates now." As Dan said the word now, he nodded at the Operations Officer to transmit the co-ordinates. A few moments later the Operations Ensign said Transport completed. Dan waited the aliens response and departure, but was happy that the worst was over.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Sevoc on October 29, 2016, 02:16:31 PM

USS Gibson - Bridge

Sevoc checked the console again.

"Indeed, sir," he replied. "These patterns are something I am unfamiliar with. Radiation levels appear off the charts, yet there are no signs of isotopes. The temperature fluctuations from 230Á¢"žÆ' to -30Á¢"žÆ'. In a word, these readings are fascinating, to say the least."

Sevoc wasn't quite prepared for the readings. It was extremely odd.

USS Gibson - Bridge

"Understood Ensign. I shall need an analysis of that signal." Stafford said. He then addressed the comm officer.

"Open a channel to Operations on the Station."

"Channel open, sir."

"=/\=Stafford to Howell. Report.=/\="

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Luke Stafford on October 29, 2016, 05:32:56 PM

USS Gibson - Bridge

"Understood Ensign. I shall need an analysis of that signal." Stafford said. He then addressed the comm officer.

"Open a channel to Operations on the Station."

"Channel open, sir."

"=/\=Stafford to Howell. Report.=/\="

Dan was still pretty tense with the whole situation when a message came through on another channel from the Gibson. Speaking again, this time to the voice that was clearly Commander Stafford, he replied =/\= Commander, The aliens wished to collect their person. I attempted to find out information but they would not oblige. As we have no concert evidence to link him to the murder I have allowed the aliens to beam him back on to their ship. =/\=

Aislin Kane

Quote from: Mahak on October 27, 2016, 02:01:18 PM

[USS Gibson - Bridge]

"Preflight check list is complete, ma'am." The Vulcan was in his element, at the helm of a starship. He had transitioned from base-side to helmsman at the drop of a hat, to use the human term. "Flight department is prepared to launch."

Aisin figured best that Mahak would pilot the ship, only because they didn't have anyone for operations/tactical yet.  And since she had minored them in Starfleet, she would take that position until an officer relieved her.

Commander Stafford had then entered the bridge, he immediately took command started giving orders.  Aislin made sure operations and tactical were online and ready for flight.  She overheard the science officer, Sevoc, she believed was the name of the other ensign, inform Stafford what he was detecting.

Quote from: Daniel Howell on October 29, 2016, 07:53:29 PM

=/\= Commander, The aliens wished to collect their person. I attempted to find out information but they would not oblige. As we have no concert evidence to link him to the murder I have allowed the aliens to beam him back on to their ship. =/\=

Aislin felt relieved, if for a moment.  Perhaps this was it, nothing more would happen.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Daniel Howell on October 29, 2016, 07:53:29 PM

Dan was still pretty tense with the whole situation when a message came through on another channel from the Gibson. Speaking again, this time to the voice that was clearly Commander Stafford, he replied =/\= Commander, The aliens wished to collect their person. I attempted to find out information but they would not oblige. As we have no concert evidence to link him to the murder I have allowed the aliens to beam him back on to their ship. =/\=

[USS Gibson - Bridge]

Stafford sat and cogitated. It wasn't the most ideal solution. But Howell was correct. They did not have the proof they needed, or the time to wait for it. Especially with an enemy attack squadron on our doorstep.

"=/\=Understood, Howell. Pass this along to all hands. Any and all officers of the Columbus are to stand down. End this lockdown and station defenses once our...guests go to warp. Stafford out.=/\="

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Luke Stafford on October 30, 2016, 12:00:42 PM

[USS Gibson - Bridge]

Stafford sat and cogitated. It wasn't the most ideal solution. But Howell was correct. They did not have the proof they needed, or the time to wait for it. Especially with an enemy attack squadron on our doorstep.

"=/\=Understood, Howell. Pass this along to all hands. Any and all officers of the Columbus are to stand down. End this lockdown and station defenses once our...guests go to warp. Stafford out.=/\="

Howell was quite relieved when Commander Stafford ordered for the lockdown to be lifted. =/\= Aye Commander. Howell out =/\= he replied as he motioned for the Operations Officer to close the channel. Tapping his combadge, Dan said =/\= To all hands, this is Lieutenant Howell, all officers of the Starbase are to stand down. The lockdown will be ending once our guests have gone to warp. =/\= He sighed and lent against a nearby panel.

Kirok

[Sickbay]

Zex and Hust arrived in Sickbay.  She immediately went to the table beside the bed and loaded a new hypospray with medication to dull the pain.  That and the distance between Hust and his telepathic attacker would be enough, she hoped, to save the man.

She injected the medication.  "Slow deep breaths.  If you have been taught any mental blocking exercises now would be a good time to use them" she said.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Station Log - Stardate 71749.4

With our interloper gone, suffice to say that the first diplomatic proceedings on the Columbus have not gone according to plan. My report to Starfleet will not be very flattering to my skills as a commander.

We will have much to research and prepare for. Whoever these people were I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of them.

END MISSION

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.