S1 - Episode 3 - Open House

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, October 01, 2016, 06:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galen Taryn

[Transporter Room, Deck Eight, Starbase Columbus]

After being a passenger on a Freighter for the last two weeks, Taryn couldn't help but feel the joy of finally being at her new duty station. She solidified on a transporter pad and immediately secured her gear bag that was on the pad beside her.

"Welcome aboard the Columbus, Ensign." said the young Chief working the controls.

"Thank you, Chief." replied Taryn as she secured her belongings. She stepped off the transporter and pulled out the PADD that had her orders on it. She had spent a little time on Starbase knowledge because she hadn't really been expected to serve on one. Looking at the PADD, she saw that her quarters were on Deck Six. This worked out rather well as she would be working in the Operations Center on Deck Five. She exited the Transporter Room and headed for the nearest lift. Stopping in at Deck Six, she found her quarters, with the Computers help, and stowed her gear. Now she needed to report in to this Commander Stafford. Another short lift ride, and she found herself on Deck Four. As she approached the CO's Office, she noticed someone else standing there as well.

Quote from: Sevoc on October 02, 2016, 05:17:36 PM

=/\=Ensign Sevoc to Commander Stafford. I am outside your office. I am ready to formally report to you at your earliest convenience. Sevoc out.=/\=

"Hello." she said after he closed the comm. "I'm Taryn and new here. Do you mind if I wait on the Commander with you?" she asked.

Kirok

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 02, 2016, 10:47:08 PM

Tritter kept his gaze focused on the woman as she made her way towards him. His demeanor did not change, there was a certain intensity and focus about him that indicated he was not one to mess around. Her comment about him caught him off guard, but he replied with an even keeled "Thank you" to the woman, little did she know that such didn't work on him.

As soon as she said Doctor, his heart rate increased slightly and adrenaline started pumping, he did not like Doctors at all. He shifted gaze to focus on her, he would than reply with "I was cleared before I left my last duty station", his vouce even keeled and his trademark heavy German accent made itself known once again.

[Chief of Sec/Tac Office]

Perplexed by Tritter's response to her flirtatious greeting, Zex cocked her head slightly.  She had showered and put on her uniform that smelled of lilac.  She was thin and beautiful and one of the only women officers on the Starbase.

Why was this mountain of a man not flirting back? It couldn't be her!  No one had ever turned her down - until now.

So she quickly changed tactics.  If flirtation didn't work, maybe she could win Tritter over with her brains.  It was worth a try!

So, she looked again at her padd and check his records.  "Ah, you are correct.  Dr. Kintiss cleared you.  But sadly, your inoculations need to be updated.  Can't have you coming down with the Bolian flu or any of the other maladies commonly found on the ship now can we" she said when she looked back up at him with her long brown eyelashes and piercing blue eyes.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Sevoc

Quote from: Galen Taryn on October 02, 2016, 11:55:31 PM

"Hello." she said after he closed the comm. "I'm Taryn and new here. Do you mind if I wait in the Commander with you?" she asked.

[CO's Reassuring Room]

"Greetings," replied Sevoc. "I too am new. It is agreeable to meet you."

While he didn't particularly care for small talk, he did observe the social niceties that were required.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Zex on October 03, 2016, 12:00:26 AM

[Chief of Sec/Tac Office]

Perplexed by Tritter's response to her flirtatious greeting, Zex cocked her head slightly.  She had showered and put on her uniform that smelled of lilac.  She was thin and beautiful and one of the only women officers on the Starbase.

Why was this mountain of a man not flirting back? It couldn't be her!  No one had ever turned her down - until now.

So she quickly changed tactics.  If flirtation didn't work, maybe she could win Tritter over with her brains.  It was worth a try!

So, she looked again at her padd and check his records.  "Ah, you are correct.  Dr. Kintiss cleared you.  But sadly, your inoculations need to be updated.  Can't have you coming down with the Bolian flu or any of the other maladies commonly found on the ship now can we" she said when she looked back up at him with her long brown eyelashes and piercing blue eyes.

Tritter was well aware of her... efforts if you wish to call them that, however he kept things professional, the magic didn't work on him. He was well aware of what she was attempting to do. He mulled over her comment, he kept his gaze focused on hers, the man took another moment before he decided to give in for now... He would reply with "I guess if it is necessary", his tone was even and relaxed, although on the inside, the man was not looking forward to the poke and prod.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Daniel Howell on October 02, 2016, 04:33:22 PM

As Howell arrived, the Station CO asked if they could take a walk. Before Dan even had a chance to reply, he was already walking down the deck, but Howell replied with a "Yes Sir." anyway. He continued to say "I know the feeling, I seem to be going between offices constantly at the moment." Referring to the fact that he was still in charge of engineering until more permanent positions had been arranged, if that was going to be the case.

Dan listened carefully as he received his first orders from Commander Stafford. Stopping briefly, Dan was handed a PADD, which he immediately started reading through, whilst regularly looking up to see where he was going. Once the orders had been given, Howell almost immediately replied "Aye Sir, I'll arrange for Tritter and Vem to report to your office immediately. I'll also go and explain to Zex and the JAG officer that you cannot meet with them at this time and I'll oversee the preparations myself."

Taking a short breath, Howell finished, "and I'll keep Zex off your back for a few days." Finally, Dan finished in response to Stafford asking Dan's thoughts "Everything sounds good to me Sir."

[Deck 5]

"Good man." Stafford said with a tired smile. The brisk pace was already beginning to tire him, but the doctors back on the Athena had said that he should find a way to get as much exercise as possible. His muscles and ligaments needed it. So he kept on walking, using his cane. "You're an engineer by trade, lieutenant, and by all accounts a good one. It's a shame our Strategic Operations Officer will not be joining us. This mission would fall under their responsibility. As it stands, both you and I are going to have to play the part of host."

Quote from: Vem, son of Motag on October 02, 2016, 08:22:12 PM

[Promenade]

Licking the blood off his fingers, Vem tapped his badge,
=/\= "Hey 'dare Dan. This is Vem. How are you? I'm doing good. I was wondering if the Commander had time for a chit-chat?" =/\=

[Deck 5]

Hearing the jocular voice, Stafford raised a gray streaked eyebrow at Howell. "I'll handle this. You go to see to Zex and the JAG officer. Thanks, Howell."

"=/\=Chaplain Vem, Commander Stafford here. I'm afraid my office is in a state of disarray and not befitting such a meeting. I'll meet you on the Promenade. Stafford out.=/\="

Quote from: Sevoc on October 02, 2016, 05:17:36 PM

=/\=Ensign Sevoc to Commander Stafford. I am outside your office. I am ready to formally report to you at your earliest convenience. Sevoc out.=/\=

[Deck 5]

"=/\=Greetings, ensign. Thanks for checking in. My office is currently under construction. I'm having an informal get together with the chaplain in the Promenade. You're free to join us. Stafford out.=/\=" The commander smiled at Howell in his gentle way. "Never a dull moment. Tritter will have to wait, I suppose. But the delegates do not arrive for a day or two, I'm sure he's already been at work. I'll see you later, lieutenant."

Hust Kinun

Quote from: Vem, son of Motag on October 02, 2016, 08:22:12 PM

[Promenade]

Vem, tasting what appeared to be blood covered fruits from an exotic food vendor puckered his lips and kissed the air.

"I, simply, have never tasted anything so grotesque in my life."

The tentacle-armed creature mard a high-pitched warbling sound in response.

"No, no. By that I of course mean I'll take fourteen- er thirteen. Yes. Thirteen."

The creatures species had a thing about selling goods in prime numbers. He'd only spent a little time with them- he had given up trying to understand their prime number based theology. There must have been some very odd discussions though- they had bilateral symmetry and that meant, despite their insistence on prime numbers they were inherently non-prime. That might explain the stump of a tentacle on one side of the alien's body.

The starfleet officer and the bizarre self-mutilated alien did their exchange and Vem pulled one of the blood covered fruits from the sack he had been given to him in. He actually had no idea if they WERE fruit of if they were possibly an egg or maybe a bizarre flesh sac. Come to think of it- he didn't even know if it was legal to own. He'd have to cross that bridge later... in the name of science.

Licking the blood off his fingers, Vem tapped his badge,
=/\= "Hey 'dare Dan. This is Vem. How are you? I'm doing good. I was wondering if the Commander had time for a chit-chat?" =/\=

The Klingon homeopath and protocol went together like water and... well he'd have said oil but sodium was a much better analogy. That was a much more explosive. So when he sent his rambling com message it was no surprise that he disregarded it pretty heavily.

[Promenade]

Hust had left the bar he was at, and had been walking the station before he saw a Klingon... or what he took to be a Klingon... handling some... bloody things. Could that even be counted as food? He doubted it, but kept his distance, watching. He went back to pacing around, stretching his legs on the station. The Miranda class he had came on could fit inside the station, sure... as could it's next fifty relatives. He went to brokers and merchants, getting a feel for the station and his new home.

He had a telepathic sense of the place, sure, but he tried to shut it out. For the 3/4 Betazoid, it was easy to be overwhelmed with the sensations, but with practice it had been controlled. How else would he have survived in the middle of Earth without learning. It was odd, however, that they could not respond to him like other Betazoids could. He'd sure be lonely here, but he was sure that he'd find a way.

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Sevoc

Quote from: Luke Stafford on October 03, 2016, 01:15:55 PM

[Deck 5]

"Good man." Stafford said with a tired smile. The brisk pace was already beginning to tire him, but the doctors back on the Athena had said that he should find a way to get as much exercise as possible. His muscles and ligaments needed it. So he kept on walking, using his cane. "You're an engineer by trade, lieutenant, and by all accounts a good one. It's a shame our Strategic Operations Officer will not be joining us. This mission would fall under their responsibility. As it stands, both you and I are going to have to play the part of host."

[Deck 5]

Hearing the jocular voice, Stafford raised a gray streaked eyebrow at Howell. "I'll handle this. You go to see to Zex and the JAG officer. Thanks, Howell."

"=/\=Chaplain Vem, Commander Stafford here. I'm afraid my office is in a state of disarray and not befitting such a meeting. I'll meet you on the Promenade. Stafford out.=/\="

[Deck 5]

"=/\=Greetings, ensign. Thanks for checking in. My office is currently under construction. I'm having an informal get together with the chaplain in the Promenade. You're free to join us. Stafford out.=/\=" The commander smiled at Howell in his gentle way. "Never a dull moment. Tritter will have to wait, I suppose. But the delegates do not arrive for a day or two, I'm sure he's already been at work. I'll see you later, lieutenant."

Sevoc wasn't expecting the informality. During kids time in, he was used to a more "by the book" approach. The ensign saw it was only logical to follow regulations to a "T." He turned to Ensign Galen.

"It appears things will be a little less formal than I anticipated," he said in a tone that befit his Vulcan half. "I am unsure how this will go, we should proceed to the Promenade."

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Kirok

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 03, 2016, 12:40:48 AM

Tritter was well aware of her... efforts if you wish to call them that, however he kept things professional, the magic didn't work on him. He was well aware of what she was attempting to do. He mulled over her comment, he kept his gaze focused on hers, the man took another moment before he decided to give in for now... He would reply with "I guess if it is necessary", his tone was even and relaxed, although on the inside, the man was not looking forward to the poke and prod.

[Chief Sec/Tac's Office]

"Ok, come in here and remove your shirt" Zex replied.  She walk past the man to the desk and placed her medical kit on it's surface.  "Just kidding, you can leave your shirt on if you like" she added with a slight chucked.

While Tritter got into position, the Deltan opened her case and loaded a hypospray.  "I'm giving you the inoculation for the Bolian flu, a booster for some of your other immunizations, and a mild medication to help us manage the negative side effects" Zex explained.  "So where do you get your accent from?" she asked when she turned to him with the loaded hypospray.

Daniel Howell

[Deck 5]

[Deck 5]

[Deck 5]

Deck 5
"Aye Sir." Howell replied with a polite nod as he agreed with the fact that they would both have to play host. Diplomacy only ever went so far with Dan and so he hoped that these guests would not be to challenging. "Indeed, I rarely find a dull or quiet moment on the base." Dan responded. "I'll See you around Commander." He said as he finished his sentence and made an about turn towards the turboblift. Entering it, he told it which deck he would like and then proceeded to tap his combadge, speaking =/\= Howell to Zex and the JAG officer, please meet me in the first officer's office at both your earliest convenience."=/\= Closing the channel, Dan then tapped his badge again to open another channel to Vem =/\=Howell to Vem, please meet the new station Commander at the Promenade immediately please. Howell out=/\=

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Kirok

Quote from: Mahak on October 01, 2016, 09:29:24 PM

[Deck 172 - Flight Deck]

Mahak appreciated machines. The symmetry, the way each part had a function and a purpose. An efficient piece of machinery was the most logical thing in the galaxy.

This shuttle was not an efficient design.

The Vulcan had the maintenance side hatch propped open and was busily with a laser torch on its innards.

"Damned Federation specs and federation rules," the shuttle captain said. He was an unidentifiable alien, with brick red skin, deep set eyes, a mane and a wide crest of webbed flesh extending from his forehead to his nose and dangling from his ears. "I find your tinkering, pointy ear, offensive!"

"Federation law states that any vessel that regularly visits a Starfleet base must adhere to Starfleet standard maintenance procedures." Mahak said in his cool, smooth way. Despite being a Vulcan he knew how to deal with rogues like this captain.

"The Qon'ok is as strong a vessel as any in the sector," the alien protested. "She's fought and traded her way from the Denorios Belt to the Briar Patch--"

"I am sure your vessel runs," Mahak said, cutting him off. "But it will not leave from the Starbase Columbus until it is ready for major maintenance from the engineering department. I have been selected to perform the inspection, not the maintenance. But without my tinkering your shuttle will be impounded."

The alien was sputtering at first but then slack jawed with amazement. "I had no idea you were doing me a favor, I'm sorry, I---"

"Your apology is illogical, captain. I am merely performing my duty, not a favor." Mahak said. "However, my duties would be more efficiently carried out with silence."

"I will enjoy the shops on the Promenade, then." The alien said, and slammed his fists together, his people's version of a clap. "Join me there once you're done for a drink, it's the least I could do."

Mahak wouldn't be joining anyone for a drink anywhere once he was completed. The Federation was hosting a diplomatic conference shortly, likely his piloting skills would be needed. He had no time or desire for recreation with another.

He got back to work, losing himself in the unfamiliar workings of the shuttle.

[Deck 172 - Flight Deck - NPC Lonar]

As the Captain of the Qon'ok left the Flight Deck, he bumped into Lonar.  Or rather the Tholian's outer suit which prevented from irradiating others.  His response was deep and guttural and could best be described as a grunt.

More could have possibly gotten the red colored xenophobe a complaint.  And another complaint the Sec/Tac Officer did not need.  But a grunt as opposed to verbal response of any kind was up for interpretation.

So, Lonar continued past the captain and walked into the hanger.  Ambassadors and diplomats would be arriving soon and the Tholian had been tasked with checking all the nooks and crannies of the station for potential problems.  "Crewman" he said by way of greeting as he passed the man.  He wasn't the most social being, but knew at least to greet everyone if only to avoid the perception that he was asocial and thus more complaints.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Zex on October 03, 2016, 05:37:39 PM

[Chief Sec/Tac's Office]

"Ok, come in here and remove your shirt" Zex replied.  She walk past the man to the desk and placed her medical kit on it's surface.  "Just kidding, you can leave your shirt on if you like" she added with a slight chucked.

While Tritter got into position, the Deltan opened her case and loaded a hypospray.  "I'm giving you the inoculation for the Bolian flu, a booster for some of your other immunizations, and a mild medication to help us manage the negative side effects" Zex explained.  "So where do you get your accent from?" she asked when she turned to him with the loaded hypospray.

Tritter kept his gaze on her, he would ponder her request and than realize she was kidding. But he was going to.... stir the pot, as he knew how she felt about him, as he was quite inituitice to things like that. He would indulge her request to take his shirt off. The man was well built, he obviously took care of himself. But it also would hint at a past that was painful to say the least, plasma/phaser burns were present, followed by plenty of scars, indicating a life that was also not easy.

The man would sit on the desk, to make it easier for the short female to do her job. He simply nodded to her first statement, however once she asked him a question, he replied with "I was born in Stuttgart, Germany"

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Kirok

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 04, 2016, 12:15:53 AM

Tritter kept his gaze on her, he would ponder her request and than realize she was kidding. But he was going to.... stir the pot, as he knew how she felt about him, as he was quite inituitice to things like that. He would indulge her request to take his shirt off. The man was well built, he obviously took care of himself. But it also would hint at a past that was painful to say the least, plasma/phaser burns were present, followed by plenty of scars, indicating a life that was also not easy.

The man would sit on the desk, to make it easier for the short female to do her job. He simply nodded to her first statement, however once she asked him a question, he replied with "I was born in Stuttgart, Germany"

[Chief Sec/Tac Office]

To Zex's surprise and delight, Tritter actually took off his shirt.  'Dang,I should have told him to drop his drawers' she thought to herself as a devilish smile danced across her lips.  'But a look at his muscular pecs, abs, and arms is a good start!' her inner voice added.

The Deltan's eyes scanned the man's body.  Thanks to the Borg invasion years ago, she had seen her fair share of wounds and knew not to ask nosy questions.  Besides, it would possibly ruin the mood!  "German?  That's were Octoberfest started?  Right?" Zex asked as she found the right spot for the inoculation and then administered it. 

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Zex on October 04, 2016, 12:39:15 AM

[Chief Sec/Tac Office]

To Zex's surprise and delight, Tritter actually took off his shirt.  'Dang,I should have told him to drop his drawers' she thought to herself as a devilish smile danced across her lips.  'But a look at his muscular pecs, abs, and arms is a good start!' her inner voice added.

The Deltan's eyes scanned the man's body.  Thanks to the Borg invasion years ago, she had seen her fair share of wounds and knew not to ask nosy questions.  Besides, it would possibly ruin the mood!  "German?  That's were Octoberfest started?  Right?" Zex asked as she found the right spot for the inoculation and then administered it.

Tritter could sense her reaction to him, which was intentional, he knew exactly what he was doing. He chucked a bit at the Oktoberfest comment, as most thought that way. He took a moment before he replied with "Yes, one can say that" The man didn't flinch when the shot was administered, he obviously had a very high threshold for pain.

Galen Taryn

"=/\=Greetings, ensign. Thanks for checking in. My office is currently under construction. I'm having an informal get together with the chaplain in the Promenade. You're free to join us. Stafford out.=/\="

Taryn was completely caught off guard by the CO's response.
Quote from: Sevoc on October 03, 2016, 02:30:29 PM

"It appears things will be a little less formal than I anticipated. I am unsure how this will go, we should proceed to the Promenade."

"I guess so." she replied to other Ensign. "I wonder if it's always like this." she said before remembering how little he had spoken before. I guess Vulcans don't make small talk. she thought as they headed for lift. From Deck Four to Deck....then it hit her. The Promenade actually took up five decks with several places on each. The Commander didn't specify where to meet him at. She turned to Sevoc once more. "The Promenade is a big area. Any idea where you want to start?" she asked.

Kirok

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 04, 2016, 01:07:21 AM

Tritter could sense her reaction to him, which was intentional, he knew exactly what he was doing. He chucked a bit at the Oktoberfest comment, as most thought that way. He took a moment before he replied with "Yes, one can say that" The man didn't flinch when the shot was administered, he obviously had a very high threshold for pain.

[Chief Se/Tac Office]

"OK" Zex replied in a friendly manner.  She was pretty sure that she had read that Octoberfest had started in German.  But maybe she was wrong.

"We're all done now.  The inoculation should be good for a standard year.  You can put your shirt back on now if you like" she added as she returned the equipment to the kit and then closed it up.   

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.