S1 - Episode 3 - Open House

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, October 01, 2016, 06:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Station Log - 71749.4.

I've arrived on the Starbase Columbus. My new home. I have to admit that I still have some trepidation about taking this spot. It wasn't exactly the ideal solution to my recent injury, but I can't fault Starfleet Command for "offering" me this spot. This is the kind of place where officers like me end up. Cashiered once, reinstated, former alcoholic, and now a cripple. Yes, I'm home.

I'm going to be calling for a meeting with all department heads soon, via my acting executive officer, Daniel Howell. I've never met the man. Let's hope he can delegate orders. Between you and me, I'm not feeling up to the diplomatic conference we are to be hosting soon. Diplomat is a role I relish, but to be honest my health isn't what it should be to be undertaking this kind of endeavor. I'll be relying on those under my command a great deal for the next few weeks.

End log.

[Deck 4 - CO's Office]

"Tilt it sideways, ensign. There you go. Now hook it in!" The short, bandy legged NCO yelled lustily. He appears to be relishing a chance to chew out some new officers for once.

Stafford sat bemusedly in his chair, but there was no desk. The young, fresh faced right out of the Academy officers were currently muscling it inside. He wondered if they thought when they were summoned to his office that there was going to be a conference of some sort. But it wasn't the case. Transporting his belongings into here would not have been an efficient use of station energy. And the commander simply could not lift anything heavy. He twirled the handsome wooden cane in his hands.

"I'll leave this in your capable hands, chief." Stafford said, and stood. He leaned on the cane heavily and waved off the eager young Bajoran officer who leapt forward to help. "See that me belongings are moved in and unpacked. I'll handle the decorating."

"Aye, sir." The chief turned on his heel, tubby belly jiggling softly beneath his uniform.

The commander tottered forward on his cane and left the office slowly, noting that the men and women moving the furniture stood respectfully aside but gave one another subtle looks of pity at their new CO. Stafford didn't care. He knew that he looked terrible. It was only a matter of time before his strength return to him. And if it never did, the station was the perfect place for him.

Once outside, he tapped his commbadge with a hairy, bony hand. "=/\=Stafford to Howell. Lieutenant, meet me in your office. We've got some matters to discuss.=/\="

Vem, son of Motag

[Chaplain's Office]

Vem was laying on the floor of his office, all the furniture shoved against the wall and the small carpet he had tossed aside. He was looking at the ceiling with his hands casually resting on his belly. He'd been like this for about forty-five minutes. In though the nose, out though the mouth. Slowly. Peacefully. His eyes open, not moving.

Then, his aid Eric's face filled his view.

"Sir, are, you- uh, sleeping?"

"No Eric. I'm dreaming while awake."

"Sir?"

"Ever wonder why ancient humans believed in unicorns? Or why primitive Klingons feared the Hegh cha'par so? Do you think they really existed or were they the manifestation of an over-brained civilization imagining symbols as physical forms? Were they a case of mistaken identity? Perhaps a unicorn was a... dewgong or a Hegh cha'par merely a giant death bee. Then it was all just a matter of a game of... what was it called? Ah yes, a game of telephone."

Vem's voice was throaty and raspy and he hadn't stirred while talking.

"Um... I don't know sir. Are you-"

"I guess it's always possible that they were some divine manifestation meant to guide our young species towards... or reinforce... a specific social norm. Purity and nobility for humanity and the unending lust for battle for Klingons."

"That makes sense I guess. I don't know if I believe in-"

"Time travels another possibility."

"Time... travel sir?" Eric was getting a bit fed up of babysitting this strung out Klingon. The problem was that he couldn't tell when he was ON something and when he was NOT. Everytime he'd covertly tested him, he'd found nothing illegal. Was he really just like this ALL the time?

"Time travel..." Vem said, rolling the words around his mouth, "Yes. Maybe some prankster from the far future spliced together a horse and a dewgong and send it back in time to give the locals a scare- or someone's sick idea of vengeance to send a blood covered bird with the features of a wasp to murder us before we could claim the galaxy..."

His voice rose in passion as he spoke, clenching a fist and lazily letting it rise at the end there, but then it subsided and he continued,

"...but it was probably just a game of telephone."

Vem sat up, confused and looking at Eric, "What time is it? Why did you disturb my meditation?"

"OH, uh, the new commanding officer, a Commander Stafford, has arrived on the station. We were notified an hour or so ago but you said you didn't want to be disturbed. I thought you, uh, fell asleep again."

"I don't sleep Eric. You know that. I experience-"

"Yes, yes, I know sir. You experience a series of moments in time while no longer bound to your corporeal body."

Vem lept to his feet and hugged Eric brisky, "EXACTLY. Now! Let me put my uniform on and go meet his commander!"

Oh, did I forget to mention? He was naked.

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Kirok

[Morgue]

Zex was dressed in the white protective outer garment she had to wear when doing autopsies.  She hated the white garments because they tended to draw attention away from her beautiful tan face.  But at least the extra layer of clothing over her uniform did help keep her warm in the cold environment of the morgue.

So, that was a bonus.  And it did help keep blood, brains, and other body fluid off her uniform.  Even though it did nothing to keep the various noxious smells from permeating them.

So, having just finished her last autopsy of the day she was to take a shower.  And then slip into the spare uniform in her locker that was pressed, hung, and scented with lilac.  And best of all, it had a blue color and made her blue eyes pop!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Hust Kinun

[Bridge, USS Molexdor]

Hust was standing on the bridge of the Miranda-Class vessel that had served as his transport to the station. He stood, watching from his observation post as the ship dropped out of warp near the Station. He looked out, and as the viewscreen was turned on gazed upon the size and intimidating power of the ship. The captain ordered the ship to draw close, and hail the station.

"USS Molexdor to Starbase Columbus, request docking authorization"
The curt reply came from station operations seconds later.

"Permission granted, docking port 3-5"

[Main Deck, Starbase Columbus]

Hust walked out. He wasn't in uniform, but he had a PADD in his hand with a map of where he was supposed to go. He had plenty of time to kill, however, and went to the bar instead. He was an unfamiliar face, but the Starfleet look about him was transitive, and couldn't be masked by mere clothes changes. He didn't exactly want to stick out too far, however, so got a drink and sat down at the bar.

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Deck 172 - Flight Deck]

Mahak appreciated machines. The symmetry, the way each part had a function and a purpose. An efficient piece of machinery was the most logical thing in the galaxy.

This shuttle was not an efficient design.

The Vulcan had the maintenance side hatch propped open and was busily with a laser torch on its innards.

"Damned Federation specs and federation rules," the shuttle captain said. He was an unidentifiable alien, with brick red skin, deep set eyes, a mane and a wide crest of webbed flesh extending from his forehead to his nose and dangling from his ears. "I find your tinkering, pointy ear, offensive!"

"Federation law states that any vessel that regularly visits a Starfleet base must adhere to Starfleet standard maintenance procedures." Mahak said in his cool, smooth way. Despite being a Vulcan he knew how to deal with rogues like this captain.

"The Qon'ok is as strong a vessel as any in the sector," the alien protested. "She's fought and traded her way from the Denorios Belt to the Briar Patch--"

"I am sure your vessel runs," Mahak said, cutting him off. "But it will not leave from the Starbase Columbus until it is ready for major maintenance from the engineering department. I have been selected to perform the inspection, not the maintenance. But without my tinkering your shuttle will be impounded."

The alien was sputtering at first but then slack jawed with amazement. "I had no idea you were doing me a favor, I'm sorry, I---"

"Your apology is illogical, captain. I am merely performing my duty, not a favor." Mahak said. "However, my duties would be more efficiently carried out with silence."

"I will enjoy the shops on the Promenade, then." The alien said, and slammed his fists together, his people's version of a clap. "Join me there once you're done for a drink, it's the least I could do."

Mahak wouldn't be joining anyone for a drink anywhere once he was completed. The Federation was hosting a diplomatic conference shortly, likely his piloting skills would be needed. He had no time or desire for recreation with another.

He got back to work, losing himself in the unfamiliar workings of the shuttle.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Luke Stafford on October 01, 2016, 06:11:09 PM

Station Log - 71749.4.

I've arrived on the Starbase Columbus. My new home. I have to admit that I still have some trepidation about taking this spot. It wasn't exactly the ideal solution to my recent injury, but I can't fault Starfleet Command for "offering" me this spot. This is the kind of place where officers like me end up. Cashiered once, reinstated, former alcoholic, and now a cripple. Yes, I'm home.

I'm going to be calling for a meeting with all department heads soon, via my acting executive officer, Daniel Howell. I've never met the man. Let's hope he can delegate orders. Between you and me, I'm not feeling up to the diplomatic conference we are to be hosting soon. Diplomat is a role I relish, but to be honest my health isn't what it should be to be undertaking this kind of endeavor. I'll be relying on those under my command a great deal for the next few weeks.

End log.

[Deck 4 - CO's Office]

"Tilt it sideways, ensign. There you go. Now hook it in!" The short, bandy legged NCO yelled lustily. He appears to be relishing a chance to chew out some new officers for once.

Stafford sat bemusedly in his chair, but there was no desk. The young, fresh faced right out of the Academy officers were currently muscling it inside. He wondered if they thought when they were summoned to his office that there was going to be a conference of some sort. But it wasn't the case. Transporting his belongings into here would not have been an efficient use of station energy. And the commander simply could not lift anything heavy. He twirled the handsome wooden cane in his hands.

"I'll leave this in your capable hands, chief." Stafford said, and stood. He leaned on the cane heavily and waved off the eager young Bajoran officer who leapt forward to help. "See that me belongings are moved in and unpacked. I'll handle the decorating."

"Aye, sir." The chief turned on his heel, tubby belly jiggling softly beneath his uniform.

The commander tottered forward on his cane and left the office slowly, noting that the men and women moving the furniture stood respectfully aside but gave one another subtle looks of pity at their new CO. Stafford didn't care. He knew that he looked terrible. It was only a matter of time before his strength return to him. And if it never did, the station was the perfect place for him.

Once outside, he tapped his commbadge with a hairy, bony hand. "=/\=Stafford to Howell. Lieutenant, meet me in your office. We've got some matters to discuss.=/\="

Chief Engineers Office
Howell was catching up on some work that had inevitably been delayed by his new duties as Acting First Officer. He was reading through the weekly engineering report when a message came through over comms from the new Commanding Officer. Tapping his combadge, Dan replied =/\=Aye Sir, I am on my way. Howell out =/\= Dan had never met the new CO, but had heard that he was new to the rank. Leaving his engineering office, he mad for the XO's office, which again was new to him.

A few moments later, He arrived at the XO's office, which again was rather weird to him and saw the CO. He walked to just outside his door and said "Commander Stafford, Lieutenant Howell, acting first officer."

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Michael J. Tritter

Tritter had been reassigned from the Phoenix, as there was a better opportunity for him available. It would also bring with it some family stability the man has not had in quite a while and he was ready for that.

He was currently located in his office, flipping through a crew manifest on a padd. He was getting to know the individuals around him, this would be the best way for him to do so, as he doesn't like tying a face into it right away. He was learning who was strong, who was weak and who would be individuals he could rely on.

The new Chief of Security was focusing on getting acclimated to his new role and who he will be working with. He took his role of keeping others safe seriously.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Daniel Howell on October 01, 2016, 11:37:26 PM

Chief Engineers Office
Howell was catching up on some work that had inevitably been delayed by his new duties as Acting First Officer. He was reading through the weekly engineering report when a message came through over comms from the new Commanding Officer. Tapping his combadge, Dan replied =/\=Aye Sir, I am on my way. Howell out =/\= Dan had never met the new CO, but had heard that he was new to the rank. Leaving his engineering office, he mad for the XO's office, which again was new to him.

A few moments later, He arrived at the XO's office, which again was rather weird to him and saw the CO. He walked to just outside his door and said "Commander Stafford, Lieutenant Howell, acting first officer."

[Deck 5]

Stafford had to switch his cane to shake hands. He locked eyes with Howell and smiled.

"Do you mind if we take a walk, lieutenant?" Though he asked, the commander was already taking off down the deck as briskly as he could. "Been cooped up in my office all day."

"I've written down all of the delegations that will be arriving and orders for department heads." Briefly, Stafford stopped, removed a PADD from his pocket, and handed it to the XO. Then he was off again.

"I want to meet with Tritter, the chief of security, and Vem, this chaplain fellow." Stafford said. "That leaves you Zex in medical and the JAG officer. Pass along my regrets to both and ensure both of those departments are ready for the delegation. And for god's sake keep Zex from checking me into the Infirmary or doing any kind of examination on me, at least for now. We've got a busy few days coming up and I can't afford to have some doctor fawning over me."

"After that all we have to do is wait for our guests to arrive." Stafford said with a smile. "What do you think, lieutenant?"

Kirok

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 02, 2016, 12:52:53 AM

Tritter had been reassigned from the Phoenix, as there was a better opportunity for him available. It would also bring with it some family stability the man has not had in quite a while and he was ready for that.

He was currently located in his office, flipping through a crew manifest on a padd. He was getting to know the individuals around him, this would be the best way for him to do so, as he doesn't like tying a face into it right away. He was learning who was strong, who was weak and who would be individuals he could rely on.

The new Chief of Security was focusing on getting acclimated to his new role and who he will be working with. He took his role of keeping others safe seriously.

[Sickbay -> Chief of Security Office]

With no one reporting in to Sickbay, Zex had little to nothing to do.  Even the Holographic entities who had at one time been her silent supervisors had finished all of their work and powered down.  So, the Deltan picked up a padd and her traveling medical kit and exited Sickbay in search of those how may need her assistance - whether they liked it or not.

Using her padd to pull up a list of new arrivals and the ship's computer to help her locate people, the Deltan tracked down her first living patient of the day.  Dressed in her Star Fleet issued uniform with the blue color and her med kit hanging by a strap from her left shoulder she arrived at the door of their new Sec/Tac Chief's Office.  She rang the door bell, used her spare hand of flatted down her eyebrows to help her even more beautiful than she already was, and waited for a reply.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Zex on October 02, 2016, 03:11:03 PM

[Sickbay -> Chief of Security Office]

With no one reporting in to Sickbay, Zex had little to nothing to do.  Even the Holographic entities who had at one time been her silent supervisors had finished all of their work and powered down.  So, the Deltan picked up a padd and her traveling medical kit and exited Sickbay in search of those how may need her assistance - whether they liked it or not.

Using her padd to pull up a list of new arrivals and the ship's computer to help her locate people, the Deltan tracked down her first living patient of the day.  Dressed in her Star Fleet issued uniform with the blue color and her med kit hanging by a strap from her left shoulder she arrived at the door of their new Sec/Tac Chief's Office.  She rang the door bell, used her spare hand of flatted down her eyebrows to help her even more beautiful than she already was, and waited for a reply.

Tritter had been focused on reading when he heard the door bell. The man would than key in for the door to open and he would rise to his feet. He would than move to the right corner of the desk, as he would focus his gaze upon the female who was standing in the door way, waiting for her to enter. He was an impressive figure, seven feet in height, weighing in around 350 pounds and well built, he could easily pop ones head off.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Luke Stafford on October 02, 2016, 11:57:02 AM

[Deck 5]

Stafford had to switch his cane to shake hands. He locked eyes with Howell and smiled.

"Do you mind if we take a walk, lieutenant?" Though he asked, the commander was already taking off down the deck as briskly as he could. "Been cooped up in my office all day."

"I've written down all of the delegations that will be arriving and orders for department heads." Briefly, Stafford stopped, removed a PADD from his pocket, and handed it to the XO. Then he was off again.

"I want to meet with Tritter, the chief of security, and Vem, this chaplain fellow." Stafford said. "That leaves you Zex in medical and the JAG officer. Pass along my regrets to both and ensure both of those departments are ready for the delegation. And for god's sake keep Zex from checking me into the Infirmary or doing any kind of examination on me, at least for now. We've got a busy few days coming up and I can't afford to have some doctor fawning over me."

"After that all we have to do is wait for our guests to arrive." Stafford said with a smile. "What do you think, lieutenant?"

As Howell arrived, the Station CO asked if they could take a walk. Before Dan even had a chance to reply, he was already walking down the deck, but Howell replied with a "Yes Sir." anyway. He continued to say "I know the feeling, I seem to be going between offices constantly at the moment." Referring to the fact that he was still in charge of engineering until more permanent positions had been arranged, if that was going to be the case.

Dan listened carefully as he received his first orders from Commander Stafford. Stopping briefly, Dan was handed a PADD, which he immediately started reading through, whilst regularly looking up to see where he was going. Once the orders had been given, Howell almost immediately replied "Aye Sir, I'll arrange for Tritter and Vem to report to your office immediately. I'll also go and explain to Zex and the JAG officer that you cannot meet with them at this time and I'll oversee the preparations myself."

Taking a short breath, Howell finished, "and I'll keep Zex off your back for a few days." Finally, Dan finished in response to Stafford asking Dan's thoughts "Everything sounds good to me Sir."

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Sevoc

[Columbus Transporter Room]

Sevoc had just arrived on board the Columbus. He exited the transporter room and could see the promenade. He noted the bustle then grabbed his Spartan belongings and continued to the CO's office.

He walked into the waiting room and tapped the comlink.

=/\=Ensign Sevoc to Commander Stafford. I am outside your office. I am ready to formally report to you at your earliest convenience. Sevoc out.=/\=

He was ready for his next adventure.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Vem, son of Motag

[Promenade]

Vem, tasting what appeared to be blood covered fruits from an exotic food vendor puckered his lips and kissed the air.

"I, simply, have never tasted anything so grotesque in my life."

The tentacle-armed creature mard a high-pitched warbling sound in response.

"No, no. By that I of course mean I'll take fourteen- er thirteen. Yes. Thirteen."

The creatures species had a thing about selling goods in prime numbers. He'd only spent a little time with them- he had given up trying to understand their prime number based theology. There must have been some very odd discussions though- they had bilateral symmetry and that meant, despite their insistence on prime numbers they were inherently non-prime. That might explain the stump of a tentacle on one side of the alien's body.

The starfleet officer and the bizarre self-mutilated alien did their exchange and Vem pulled one of the blood covered fruits from the sack he had been given to him in. He actually had no idea if they WERE fruit of if they were possibly an egg or maybe a bizarre flesh sac. Come to think of it- he didn't even know if it was legal to own. He'd have to cross that bridge later... in the name of science.

Licking the blood off his fingers, Vem tapped his badge,
=/\= "Hey 'dare Dan. This is Vem. How are you? I'm doing good. I was wondering if the Commander had time for a chit-chat?" =/\=

The Klingon homeopath and protocol went together like water and... well he'd have said oil but sodium was a much better analogy. That was a much more explosive. So when he sent his rambling com message it was no surprise that he disregarded it pretty heavily.

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Kirok

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 02, 2016, 03:28:46 PM

Tritter had been focused on reading when he heard the door bell. The man would than key in for the door to open and he would rise to his feet. He would than move to the right corner of the desk, as he would focus his gaze upon the female who was standing in the door way, waiting for her to enter. He was an impressive figure, seven feet in height, weighing in around 350 pounds and well built, he could easily pop ones head off.

[Chief Sec/Tac Office]

Compared to Tritter, Zex was a little bird of a woman.  With a total height of 5'4" and weight of 119 (yes, she has lost weight since entering Star Fleet), the man literally towered over her.  "My your big" Zex replied with a tilt of her right shoulder, relying on her flirtatious nature to win the man over.

When no response came immediately, she pressed on.  "I'm Dr. Zex.  Medical Officer, Coroner, and Field Medic" the Deltan said by way of introduction.  "I hear you are new to the station and I'm here to do your physical" she added with a friendly smile.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Zex on October 02, 2016, 09:17:43 PM

[Chief Sec/Tac Office]

Compared to Tritter, Zex was a little bird of a woman.  With a total height of 5'4" and weight of 119 (yes, she has lost weight since entering Star Fleet), the man literally towered over her.  "My your big" Zex replied with a tilt of her right shoulder, relying on her flirtatious nature to win the man over.

When no response came immediately, she pressed on.  "I'm Dr. Zex.  Medical Officer, Coroner, and Field Medic" the Deltan said by way of introduction.  "I hear you are new to the station and I'm here to do your physical" she added with a friendly smile.

Tritter kept his gaze focused on the woman as she made her way towards him. His demeanor did not change, there was a certain intensity and focus about him that indicated he was not one to mess around. Her comment about him caught him off guard, but he replied with an even keeled "Thank you" to the woman, little did she know that such didn't work on him.

As soon as she said Doctor, his heart rate increased slightly and adrenaline started pumping, he did not like Doctors at all. He shifted gaze to focus on her, he would than reply with "I was cleared before I left my last duty station", his vouce even keeled and his trademark heavy German accent made itself known once again.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.