Change of Command Ceremony (Open to All)

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, September 30, 2016, 01:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizzie Vaughan

Corridor outside the Officers Lounge

Lizzie made her way towards the door with mixed emotions. She was pleased for Commander Stafford. He deserved the promotion and with his decreased mobility, a posting on a Starbase was ideal. She was also sad as she had just been informed that she was to transfer to the Tempest, which had put a dent in her 2nd officer hopes as her command staff were already full. And considering Ruth and Will were an item, unless both positions opened up, she would have little opportunity for advancement there. Still an assignment is an assignment and as an Officer in Starfleet, it was her duty to go wherever she was required. She tugged a few times at the uncomfortable collar of her Dress Uniform before entering the lounge.

Officers Lounge

Lizzie went straight over to the Bar,

"Long Island Iced Tea with ice and lime please," She said to the barman. Seconds later, the drink was in front of her.

She picked the drink up, took a sip through the straw and turned round to survey the room.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Constance Lafayette

[Lounge]

"Pick your jaw up off the ground Mr. Torngate. I don't need another thing for you to fix. Your schedule will be twice as busy as it is."

When James finally arrived Constance shook her head, "Make it a double. My new executive officer won't have time to drink anymore so let's let him get in twice as much now." She said wryly to the bartender.

And when Dr. Vaughn made her order Constance raised her glass of tea to show the good doctor that she had taken her advice.

"While it does not provide the same degree of stimulation, this bagou root tea does seem to do the job." She said walking over to Lizzie.

Bagou root was nearly pure caffeine and other stimulants and was banned on some worlds.

"I found the recipe in the starfleet medical index when looking for alternatives. A doctor named... Vem submitted it. Fascinating paper on its effect was entered along with it."

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

James Carter

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on September 30, 2016, 11:59:02 PM

[Lounge]

"Pick your jaw up off the ground Mr. Torngate. I don't need another thing for you to fix. Your schedule will be twice as busy as it is."

When James finally arrived Constance shook her head, "Make it a double. My new executive officer won't have time to drink anymore so let's let him get in twice as much now." She said wryly to the bartender.

And when Dr. Vaughn made her order Constance raised her glass of tea to show the good doctor that she had taken her advice.

"While it does not provide the same degree of stimulation, this bagou root tea does seem to do the job." She said walking over to Lizzie.

Bagou root was nearly pure caffeine and other stimulants and was banned on some worlds.

"I found the recipe in the starfleet medical index when looking for alternatives. A doctor named... Vem submitted it. Fascinating paper on its effect was entered along with it."

[Lounge]

James offered a nod and a slight shrug. "I can't say I've ever been the type to turn down more alcohol." He replied in a completely unfazed tone. Once the glass arrived he lifted it and took a small sip. "I have to say, not nearly as good as the real stuff." His English accent rang through with every word he spoke. "Just tea cap?" He asked looking over to her with a small grin. "It is a celebration yeah? Why don't you try something more....interesting?" He added in a joking tone. He knew she'd probably never tried alcohol and that she probably wouldn't either.

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on September 30, 2016, 07:19:07 PM

"That sounds great," Scott replied.

He led her to the bar and ordered for them both. It was nice to be at functions like this. Even better now that he had Cat in his life.

Cat could sense the feelings of her flyboy. They were intense at times, but she had the same ones.

"Oi, are you going to make me do all the talking?" she asked somewhat nervously. "You know how I can get at times."

She held his hand fairly tight as they made their way over to the others.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on October 03, 2016, 06:16:44 AM

Cat could sense the feelings of her flyboy. They were intense at times, but she had the same ones.

"Oi, are you going to make me do all the talking?" she asked somewhat nervously. "You know how I can get at times."

She held his hand fairly tight as they made their way over to the others.

"Come now, my bonnie lass," Scott started, making sure his accent came through, "ya know I wouldinae put ya through that."

As they arrived, his accent disappeared.

"Gentlemen, ma'am, this is seems a great day for Commander Stafford, but a sad day for us," he said, almost a little too somber. "In the short time I've been here, I've really come to enjoy my stay. A large part is due to your guidance, sir. I'm sure you'll have Starbase Columbus in ship shape in no time."

Scott raised his glass and let his Scottish flag fly, so to speak

"Here's a bottle and an honest man Á¢â,¬"œ
What would ye wish for mair, man.
Wha kens, before his life may end,
What his share may be o' care, man.

So catch the moments as they fly,
And use them as ye ought, man.
Believe me, happiness is shy,
And comes not aye when sought, man."

It was the best today he could think of of the tip of his head. He decided to wait to continue until after the reactions came.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Lounge]

When Carter entered, Stafford stood and smiled at the younger man. "Whiskey, eh? Man after my own heart. Take a seat, commander."

He shook hands with his replacement. "I almost pity you, Carter. Serving under the brutal lash of this slave driver. I didn't start shaving my head until I got this posting...it would be unseemly for the XO to go so spectacularly gray in a few shorts months, so the captain bade me to go bald. One of her many rules."

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on September 30, 2016, 11:59:02 PM

[Lounge]

[Lounge]

"Ah... Aye Ma'am.." he stuttered, recovering his senses and "picking his jaw up". "Thank you ma'am." he was able to get out, his face growing a little red at his inability to comprehend and keep his wits about him.

He went back to his drink, trying to keep the red glow threatening to overtake his face under control when he heard Leonard pipe up with a Scottish song. Dylan may not have been scottish, but on the freighters one thing they did learn to do was keep their liquor when they were ready to, no matter how much they might not look as if they could or be unready when they were unexpected. But Dylan had acclimated to the drink, and was ready.

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on October 03, 2016, 06:30:54 AM

"Come now, my bonnie lass," Scott started, making sure his accent came through, "ya know I wouldinae put ya through that."

As they arrived, his accent disappeared.

"Gentlemen, ma'am, this is seems a great day for Commander Stafford, but a sad day for us," he said, almost a little too somber. "In the short time I've been here, I've really come to enjoy my stay. A large part is due to your guidance, sir. I'm sure you'll have Starbase Columbus in ship shape in no time."

Scott raised his glass and let his Scottish flag fly, so to speak

"Here's a bottle and an honest man Á¢â,¬"œ
What would ye wish for mair, man.
Wha kens, before his life may end,
What his share may be o' care, man.

So catch the moments as they fly,
And use them as ye ought, man.
Believe me, happiness is shy,
And comes not aye when sought, man."

It was the best today he could think of of the tip of his head. He decided to wait to continue until after the reactions came.

He raised his glass in the direction of the singer, nodding. "Aye." he said to himself, before knocking back a little more of his drink. It was good atmosphere and good company, he just hoped that it would stay that way tonight.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.