A Memorable Evening (T'Lara/James Hawke)

Started by T'Lara, September 24, 2016, 06:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T'Lara

[Personal Quarters]

After she left the cargo bay T'Lara went straight to her quarters. Not to meditate, but to find something to wear. From what James had described, the event was a formal one. Somehow, she didn't feel that wearing a Starfleet dress uniform was appropriate. She would not be attending in an official capacity.

She sat down and gave the matter some thought, looking in the mirror and paying attention to her appearance for the first time in a very long while. Narrowing her eyes a little, she touched her hand to her cheek, watching her mirror image copying the movement. Her face looked softer, more relaxed. Had she finally begun to allow herself to feel as she once had? Were the reflexive walls she had built when her mother died breaking down? She could not tell for certain. Neither could she ask anyone if they knew. Not many people in Starfleet had known her before her mother died. Not even her own father, who had been in San Francisco at the time.

Perhaps tonight would reveal the answer to her. James Hawke had known her for quite a while. It was possible he could see the changes that she was seeing. If he paid attention to such things. She took a single, long breath and ran a hand through her soft hair. It was time to turn her thoughts back to another matter, what she was going to wear...

She was looking in the mirror once again, but her reflection was much different from what it had been hours before. She had chosen a slim-fitting red dress that complimented her tall stature with a neckline that went well with her short haircut.

Giving a nod of satisfaction, she stood and pushed back the chair. At that moment she heard the door chime. It was time to put her preparation to the test.

"Enter," she stated.     

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

James A. Hawke

[James's Quarters]

James just finished getting his dress uniform ready for the event.  He wore it and he stood in front of the mirror.  He wondered about the evening it was a fundraiser in which his family would be there.  Truth be told he hated being them, people expected him to the young playboy but he had grown out of that rule.  The war and loss changed him.

As he finished he wondered about evening and how it was going to happen.  His sister would want to control the evening and she has a special way around her and changing the situation.

He left his quaters and walked in deep thought.  Honestly, James was a little nervous seeing his Father and sister for a while.

He left and headed to T'Lara's Quaters and then chime in.

Quote from: T'Lara on September 24, 2016, 06:39:51 AM

"Enter," she stated.

James entered her quarters and noticed T'Lara with a beautiful red dress.  He looked a little suprised as she expected the Vulcan to be in a Starfleet Uniform but was surprised to see her in civilian clothing.

As he entered the Quarters he smiled and said "You look lovely, Lieutenant, if I may say so...I don't want to insult you"

Click on the Badge to see bio

T'Lara

Quote from: James A. Hawke on September 29, 2016, 04:35:06 AM

[James's Quarters]

James just finished getting his dress uniform ready for the event.  He wore it and he stood in front of the mirror.  He wondered about the evening it was a fundraiser in which his family would be there.  Truth be told he hated being them, people expected him to the young playboy but he had grown out of that rule.  The war and loss changed him.

As he finished he wondered about evening and how it was going to happen.  His sister would want to control the evening and she has a special way around her and changing the situation.

He left his quaters and walked in deep thought.  Honestly, James was a little nervous seeing his Father and sister for a while.

He left and headed to T'Lara's Quaters and then chime in.

James entered her quarters and noticed T'Lara with a beautiful red dress.  He looked a little suprised as she expected the Vulcan to be in a Starfleet Uniform but was surprised to see her in civilian clothing.

As he entered the Quarters he smiled and said "You look lovely, Lieutenant, if I may say so...I don't want to insult you"

[Personal Quarters]

She turned around at the sound of his voice and bowed her head to him, partly in the greeting she customarily gave, and partly to hide the small trace of emotion on her face when she heard the compliment. When she looked up at him she was once again calm and collected.

"Thank you. You look nice as well," she said, hoping the compliment would be received in kind. Vulcans did not traditionally give compliments on appearance, and compliments in general were rare. But he did look striking in the white dress uniform that contrasted with his dark hair and clear blue eyes.

"Would you care for a beverage?" she asked. She had been reading up on customary practices associated with what she had come to classify as a 'date.' It wasn't an entirely foreign concept to her, there was something similar on Vulcan. But on Vulcan most couples were betrothed. There was no such thing as 'casual dating.' She hoped she would not make a mistake.

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

James A. Hawke

Quote from: T'Lara on October 01, 2016, 03:02:26 AM

[Personal Quarters]

She turned around at the sound of his voice and bowed her head to him, partly in the greeting she customarily gave, and partly to hide the small trace of emotion on her face when she heard the compliment. When she looked up at him she was once again calm and collected.

"Thank you. You look nice as well," she said, hoping the compliment would be received in kind. Vulcans did not traditionally give compliments on appearance, and compliments in general were rare. But he did look striking in the white dress uniform that contrasted with his dark hair and clear blue eyes.

"Would you care for a beverage?" she asked. She had been reading up on customary practices associated with what she had come to classify as a 'date.' It wasn't an entirely foreign concept to her, there was something similar on Vulcan. But on Vulcan most couples were betrothed. There was no such thing as 'casual dating.' She hoped she would not make a mistake.

[T'Lara's Personal Quarter]

James smiled as he heard the compliment given by T'Lara.  He nodded affirmatively and responded "Thank you, truth be told, I am not used to wear dress uniforms".  He slowly walked into her quarters and looked around.

He gave a small smile and responded "Sure, I will take up on that offer".  He was a little surprised that she offered a drink.  He looked at her and smiled.

"You know, you don't have go, if you don't want too.  I know it can be taxing, just word of warning my twin sister will be there, which is a little different than me"  James finished his small statement.  Seemed ironic that he waited after she dressed to inform her of that.

T'Lara

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 16, 2016, 05:59:38 PM

[T'Lara's Personal Quarter]

James smiled as he heard the compliment given by T'Lara.  He nodded affirmatively and responded "Thank you, truth be told, I am not used to wear dress uniforms".  He slowly walked into her quarters and looked around.

He gave a small smile and responded "Sure, I will take up on that offer".  He was a little surprised that she offered a drink.  He looked at her and smiled.

"You know, you don't have go, if you don't want too.  I know it can be taxing, just word of warning my twin sister will be there, which is a little different than me"  James finished his small statement.  Seemed ironic that he waited after she dressed to inform her of that.

[Personal Quarters]

T'Lara raised an eyebrow at his last statement. Had she made it seem obvious she did not want to attend?

"I would not decline your invitation, Mr. Hawke," she said evenly, "it would be rude of me to do so." She walked over to her replicator. "I am afraid your drink will have to be replicated, since I do not usually partake. What would you like?" she asked.

After he had chosen his drink she programmed the replicator for two beverages and took one herself. Then she sat down and motioned for James to do the same.

"You never told me you had a sister. Do you contact her often?" She leaned back slightly in her chair and waited for him to drink.

James A. Hawke

Quote from: T'Lara on October 17, 2016, 03:24:38 AM

[Personal Quarters]

T'Lara raised an eyebrow at his last statement. Had she made it seem obvious she did not want to attend?

"I would not decline your invitation, Mr. Hawke," she said evenly, "it would be rude of me to do so." She walked over to her replicator. "I am afraid your drink will have to be replicated, since I do not usually partake. What would you like?" she asked.

After he had chosen his drink she programmed the replicator for two beverages and took one herself. Then she sat down and motioned for James to do the same.

"You never told me you had a sister. Do you contact her often?" She leaned back slightly in her chair and waited for him to drink.

[T'Lara's Personal Quaters]

James smiled as he noticed T'Lara raise an eyebrow.  Even thought Vulcan typically did those actions regularly, the meaning of such of action was always a mystery.  It could vary from pensive to annoy.  Vulcans where one of the hardest races to predict their cards in poker, however they were one of the easiest in predicting strategy.

James nodded and said "That's fine T'Lara, thank you for the offer, I have a Vulcan Brandy...seems appropriate given the company".  As he finished he gave a warm smiled.  As she returned the glass James responded "Thank you much obliged".  He grabbed the glass and took a sip of it.

The brandy taste similar to the actual product, although the taste was never the same in a replicator.  It still figured to be similar enough to warrant the occasion.  James figured that culturally, Vulcans does not partake in alcohol, however sometimes they are special occasion.

Hawke noticed that there were two chairs across a small table.  It was a neat arrangement.

As he sat down the took a sip of his brandy and listed to the question.  He looked down for a second and responded.  "I have a Twin Sister, or rather how she likes to be called big sister.  Ummm.  Let's see we don't talk a lot and we have different perspective about our life, she manages the Engineers and developers under my dad's leadership and I am in Starfleet.  I will give her credit she knows what she is doing"

James then asked the question.  He knew the answer but he asked it anyway to be polite.  Furthermore, how he knew it would have complicated the conversation. "What about your family, you rarely talk about them?"

T'Lara

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 19, 2016, 06:27:38 PM

[T'Lara's Personal Quaters]

James smiled as he noticed T'Lara raise an eyebrow.  Even thought Vulcan typically did those actions regularly, the meaning of such of action was always a mystery.  It could vary from pensive to annoy.  Vulcans where one of the hardest races to predict their cards in poker, however they were one of the easiest in predicting strategy.

James nodded and said "That's fine T'Lara, thank you for the offer, I have a Vulcan Brandy...seems appropriate given the company".  As he finished he gave a warm smiled.  As she returned the glass James responded "Thank you much obliged".  He grabbed the glass and took a sip of it.

The brandy taste similar to the actual product, although the taste was never the same in a replicator.  It still figured to be similar enough to warrant the occasion.  James figured that culturally, Vulcans does not partake in alcohol, however sometimes they are special occasion.

Hawke noticed that there were two chairs across a small table.  It was a neat arrangement.

As he sat down the took a sip of his brandy and listed to the question.  He looked down for a second and responded.  "I have a Twin Sister, or rather how she likes to be called big sister.  Ummm.  Let's see we don't talk a lot and we have different perspective about our life, she manages the Engineers and developers under my dad's leadership and I am in Starfleet.  I will give her credit she knows what she is doing"

T'Lara listened as he spoke, taking a sip of the brandy. This wasn't her first time drinking alcohol. Her father had introduced it to her when she came of age while she was on Vulcan. She didn't particularly like the taste and she had never allowed herself to have more than one drink, but it didn't seem right to drink Vulcan Spice tea in her present company. The fact that James had chosen a Vulcan drink was very considerate, and she made an effort to appear like she was enjoying herself to repay him. She looked closely at him as he told her about his sister. He almost looked ashamed to speak of her, and she gathered that they probably weren't on the best of terms. She would have responded, but he had already skirted past the explanation by asking his own question. She supposed she would find out more when she met his twin.

James then asked the question.  He knew the answer but he asked it anyway to be polite.  Furthermore, how he knew it would have complicated the conversation. "What about your family, you rarely talk about them?"

She looked at him intently, remembering how much had happened since they'd last served together.

"My father works in San Francisco for Starfleet Command and my brother stayed on Vulcan to continue his studies at the Science Academy. I correspond with my father on a monthly basis, and my brother sends letters occasionally. They're both doing well. I rarely think about them outside of my communications with them." She cradled the glass in her hand and stared at its contents for the moments before he spoke. She had intentionally avoided speaking about her mother, who had passed away a couple years before. It wasn't a subject that gave her particular grief, but stating the fact, or worse, explaining the nature of her death brought back a memory she'd rather not have immediate access to.

James A. Hawke

Quote from: T'Lara on October 20, 2016, 04:09:22 AM

"My father works in San Francisco for Starfleet Command and my brother stayed on Vulcan to continue his studies at the Science Academy. I correspond with my father on a monthly basis, and my brother sends letters occasionally. They're both doing well. I rarely think about them outside of my communications with them." She cradled the glass in her hand and stared at its contents for the moments before he spoke. She had intentionally avoided speaking about her mother, who had passed away a couple years before. It wasn't a subject that gave her particular grief, but stating the fact, or worse, explaining the nature of her death brought back a memory she'd rather not have immediate access to.

James remained seated in the chair and listened to T'Lara.  As she talked he remained having eye contact with her green eyes.  He could not help, but smile "T'Lara you have always loved your family"

As James said that he figured he said too much.  It was a detail, that he would not have known.   Vulcan's don't use the word love usually.  As he sipped the Brandy he attempted to rectify the problem.  "When, I mean love, I mean lesser  how you like to listen music in the background of space".

As James tried to correct his error, he made another one.  He remembered her looking at space in the future and listening to music.  He tried to use a distraction.  "Have you ever dance a lot?"  James asked

T'Lara

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 27, 2016, 04:46:18 AM

James remained seated in the chair and listened to T'Lara.  As she talked he remained having eye contact with her green eyes.  He could not help, but smile "T'Lara you have always loved your family"

T'Lara raised an inquiring brow, wondering what he meant by the statement. She had never spoken about her family with James, yet she could have sworn he made the statement with a nostalgic smile. She was about to ask about it when he was speaking again.

As James said that he figured he said too much.  It was a detail, that he would not have known.   Vulcan's don't use the word love usually.  As he sipped the Brandy he attempted to rectify the problem.  "When, I mean love, I mean lesser  how you like to listen music in the background of space".

As James tried to correct his error, he made another one.  He remembered her looking at space in the future and listening to music.  He tried to use a distraction.  "Have you ever dance a lot?"  James asked

More confusion. But all she could do was respond to his question, though his words sparked an intense curiosity within her. She did listen to music occasionally, but she hadn't done so very recently and never in James' company. She blinked as another question was asked of her.

"I do not dance very often, no," she stated softly. In truth she did not remember having ever danced before. She may have done so as a child, but any memory she had of it refused to reveal itself. She did not particularly dislike the activity however, and if she was given the opportunity to take part, she would not refuse.

James A. Hawke

Quote from: T'Lara on October 27, 2016, 05:35:55 AM

More confusion. But all she could do was respond to his question, though his words sparked an intense curiosity within her. She did listen to music occasionally, but she hadn't done so very recently and never in James' company. She blinked as another question was asked of her.

"I do not dance very often, no," she stated softly. In truth she did not remember having ever danced before. She may have done so as a child, but any memory she had of it refused to reveal itself. She did not particularly dislike the activity however, and if she was given the opportunity to take part, she would not refuse.

James took a sip of the brandy and noticed that she looked confusion.  Hawke lost his poker face when he realized that he might have given too much information accidentally.  Honestly, sometimes it is confusing what year you learn something about an individual.  Rather than just knowing it.

James smiled and responded "You just seem the type that would like dancing, martial arts and dancing are very similar it's about control of your body and maintaining rhythm. I think you would be a natural and I am honestly shocked that you have not tried it out"  It was his attempt to cover the situation.

He finished the Brandy and looked at T'Lara.  "I think, we should get going into the main event"

T'Lara

Quote from: James A. Hawke on November 02, 2016, 03:22:57 PM

James took a sip of the brandy and noticed that she looked confusion.  Hawke lost his poker face when he realized that he might have given too much information accidentally.  Honestly, sometimes it is confusing what year you learn something about an individual.  Rather than just knowing it.

James smiled and responded "You just seem the type that would like dancing, martial arts and dancing are very similar it's about control of your body and maintaining rhythm. I think you would be a natural and I am honestly shocked that you have not tried it out"  It was his attempt to cover the situation.

T'Lara cocked her brow once more, but she said nothing. She figured she wasn't handling this conversation very well and began to wonder why she had agreed to do this in the first place. But luckily James had decided to move on.

He finished the Brandy and looked at T'Lara.  "I think, we should get going into the main event"

She returned the look and nodded slowly. "That is acceptable." She took his glass and disposed of both it and her glass, even though hers was still half full. Then she looked at him again, her eyes bright with anticipation that was only evident to someone accustomed to Vulcan emotions.

"Lead the way, James," she said in a monotone.

James A. Hawke

[T'Lara's Quaters]
As she picked the glass, James did not notice anything different.  He thought he hidden his mistake well enough.

"Thank you...let us go"  As he finished the statement he exited T'Lara's quaters.

[Ballroom]

Before they entered the room, James offered T'Lara his arm.  James tried to explain "In formal event, sometimes human's males offer their harm...so that the females can hold it...believe it or not humans has a whole book about etiquette, for example I am supposed to walk in the curb side in a street.  My dad insisted that I learned those" James tried to explained.  He wondered in his explanation he just made her more confused.  In a way James was trying to show that both Vulcan and Human cultures they were a lot of rules, it just humans are used to breaking them.

James entered the ballroom and noticed the intense decorations that reflected traditional luxuries.  He had to give it to his father he understood what decorations and places felt luxurious.   James could not help but smile at the familiar surroundings.  For a second, it almost felt that he was born and raised to be in this type of environment.

James entered the main hallway with T'Lara.  He noticed the decoration inside the building was white and gold.  In the middle of the Ballroom they were two crystal chandeliers that reminded him of a 16th Century Earth Decorations.  The walls and ceilings were decorated with gold trimmings with very ornate decorations.  James could tell that the individuals that decorated the walls and the ceiling crafted or spent an enormous amount of time on the details.

James figured that there was at least forty to fifty individuals in the ballroom.  Everyone was dressed up, it was strange to be in an event and he was one of the few individuals wearing a Starfleet uniform.  Near the entrance James noticed that there was a small refreshment table or bar.  In this events individuals tented to consume the real one instead of the replicated.  It made it feel more luxurious.   James looked at T'Lara and asked "Do you want something to drink?...Just a bit of a warning the stuff here is real"

As James waited for T'Lara's answer he could hear

"JIMMY! JIMMY!" a woman voiced announced his presence with a very excited tone of voice.

Hawke reacted by closing his eyes.  He could recognize that voice from a mile away.  It was his Twin Sister.

James was not surprised by her dress.  She was wearing a white and gold outfit that matched the building decorations perfectly.   He was also not surprised that she was there to greet him.

She approached him and gave him a kiss in the cheek.  "It's has been far too long, Jimmy!  You know how much dad and me miss your company.  You know little Candice, still has the biggest crush on you...she is soo adorable".  Before James could even attempt to introduce her to T'Lara she took the initiative.

"I am soo, sorry about my brother's lack of etiquette, let me introduce myself...My name is Meryl...I am Jimmy's sister"  She extended her hand with a big smile.

As she extended her hand she continued "Let me welcome you, to our humble banquet...I do hope you can partake on the wine...they are exquisite...so how do you know Jimmy?...I know he can be a brute sometimes, you have my sympathies, darling" As she finished she continued moving her hand making eye contact with T'Lara.

Knowing his sister, James stood on the side and looked a little uncomfortable.

T'Lara

Quote from: James A. Hawke on November 04, 2016, 06:39:07 PM

[Ballroom]

Before they entered the room, James offered T'Lara his arm.  James tried to explain Á,"œIn formal event, sometimes human's males offer their harm...so that the females can hold it...believe it or not humans has a whole book about etiquette, for example I am supposed to walk in the curb side in a street.  My dad insisted that I learned thoseÁ," James tried to explained.  He wondered in his explanation he just made her more confused.  In a way James was trying to show that both Vulcan and Human cultures they were a lot of rules, it just humans are used to breaking them.

T'Lara nodded and hesitantly let him take her arm. She understood the practices well enough as he explained them to her. She had been around humans long enough to be aware of such things, but she had never been in a situation where she was directly taking part in them. To a Vulcan she would seem nervous. She maintained a relaxed grip on his arm but she could feel the weight of it and the closeness to him as they walked. Her breathing was slow and even, and she looked straight ahead towards the door.

James entered the ballroom and noticed the intense decorations that reflected traditional luxuries.  He had to give it to his father he understood what decorations and places felt luxurious.   James could not help but smile at the familiar surroundings.  For a second, it almost felt that he was born and raised to be in this type of environment.

James entered the main hallway with T'Lara.  He noticed the decoration inside the building was white and gold.  In the middle of the Ballroom they were two crystal chandeliers that reminded him of a 16th Century Earth Decorations.  The walls and ceilings were decorated with gold trimmings with very ornate decorations.  James could tell that the individuals that decorated the walls and the ceiling crafted or spent an enormous amount of time on the details.

James figured that there was at least forty to fifty individuals in the ballroom.  Everyone was dressed up, it was strange to be in an event and he was one of the few individuals wearing a Starfleet uniform.  Near the entrance James noticed that there was a small refreshment table or bar.  In this events individuals tented to consume the real one instead of the replicated.  It made it feel more luxurious.   James looked at T'Lara and asked Á,"œDo you want something to drink?...Just a bit of a warning the stuff here is realÁ,"
When they entered, her eyes swept over her surroundings, taking in the extravagance that was 16th century Earth. She felt very small with the tall ceilings and large chandeliers. There was a fair amount of people, but not enough so that she felt cramped. She felt out of place among the guests, most of them human. It was at times like these when she felt as if her pointed ears stood out like a sore thumb, though prejudice had long since been essentially eradicated. They made their way to the bar, but when James asked her if she wanted a drink she shook her head and was about to speak when a woman came up to them.

As James waited for T'Lara's answer he could hear

Á,"œJIMMY! JIMMY!Á," a woman voiced announced his presence with a very excited tone of voice.

Hawke reacted by closing his eyes.  He could recognize that voice from a mile away.  It was his Twin Sister.

James was not surprised by her dress.  She was wearing a white and gold outfit that matched the building decorations perfectly.   He was also not surprised that she was there to greet him.

She approached him and gave him a kiss in the cheek.  Á,"œIt's has been far too long, Jimmy!  You know how much dad and me miss your company.  You know little Candice, still has the biggest crush on you...she is soo adorableÁ,".  Before James could even attempt to introduce her to T'Lara she took the initiative.

Á,"œI am soo, sorry about my brother's lack of etiquette, let me introduce myself...My name is Meryl...I am Jimmy's sisterÁ,"  She extended her hand with a big smile.

As she extended her hand she continued Á,"œLet me welcome you, to our humble banquet...I do hope you can partake on the wine...they are exquisite...so how do you know Jimmy?...I know he can be a brute sometimes, you have my sympathies, darlingÁ," As she finished she continued moving her hand making eye contact with T'Lara.

Knowing his sister, James stood on the side and looked a little uncomfortable.

T'Lara was taken aback by this enthusiastic introduction. She could tell James was uncomfortable, confirming her earlier suspicions. She gently took the woman's hand and shook it, though the custom was one she rarely practiced. She didn't think she had much of a choice.

"Thank you. I am T'Lara, it is acceptable to meet you," she introduced herself, letting go of her hand quickly. Then she answered her question. "Mr. Hawke and I have served in Starfleet together in the past," she stated. She made eye contact with James, questioning whether he would have a better explanation.

James A. Hawke

Quote from: T'Lara on November 06, 2016, 07:14:56 PM

T'Lara was taken aback by this enthusiastic introduction. She could tell James was uncomfortable, confirming her earlier suspicions. She gently took the woman's hand and shook it, though the custom was one she rarely practiced. She didn't think she had much of a choice.

"Thank you. I am T'Lara, it is acceptable to meet you," she introduced herself, letting go of her hand quickly. Then she answered her question. "Mr. Hawke and I have served in Starfleet together in the past," she stated. She made eye contact with James, questioning whether he would have a better explanation.

Meryl smiled as T'Lara introduced her name.  She gave a slight bow a curtsey while extending her dress.  "We are honored by your presence here Miss T'Lara"  She looked interested in T'Lara's answer that they both served in Starfleet.

James noticed that T'Lara was giving him a slight eyes contact and he decided to jump in.  "T'Lara is also a Starfleet Science Officer, an excellent one and a dear friend".

Meryl kept looking at T'Lara.  For a moment it was evident that she was studying her.  Meryl studied T'Lara's dress,  hair and stance.  She did notice a small word, James said "friend" which for a second she gave a small facial gesture of disappointment.

She smiled as he looked at James and instructed him "Ahh Jimmy, could you be a darling?  Can you get me a glass of the Dom?  You would be my personal savior...ohh and don't be rude...ask your date if she wants one...seriously, Jimmy I wonder about your etiquette skills

James noded to his sister and then looked at T'Lara "Would you like any refreshments, T'Lara"

As James got his drink orders he proceeded to the Bar.  He figured that his sister wanted to talk to T'Lara alone.

Meryl looked at T'Lara and attempted to make a social conversation "I have to say, I am mystified by your dress, it is absolutely gorgeous"  she commented

As she waited for her drink she commented "I need to commend you and my brother...your service in Starfleet is a great asset to us all...I just wish he would serve in a more secure environment.  I bet you do have some funny stories about him...did he ever tell you  the one time that he cut power to a 10 mile radius on earth...he was just 10 years old and he refused to eat his vegetables...so he was grounded and then he log in father's computer and somehow managed to overload the energy grip and the reason that he did got caught was because he purposely avoided our houses...ohhh Jimmy always a trouble maker

T'Lara

Quote from: James A. Hawke on November 06, 2016, 11:18:25 PM

Meryl smiled as T'Lara introduced her name.  She gave a slight bow a curtsey while extending her dress.  "We are honored by your presence here Miss T'Lara"  She looked interested in T'Lara's answer that they both served in Starfleet.

James noticed that T'Lara was giving him a slight eyes contact and he decided to jump in.  "T'Lara is also a Starfleet Science Officer, an excellent one and a dear friend".

Meryl kept looking at T'Lara.  For a moment it was evident that she was studying her.  Meryl studied T'Lara's dress,  hair and stance.  She did notice a small word, James said "friend" which for a second she gave a small facial gesture of disappointment.

T'Lara awkwardly lifted the skirt of her dress slightly to curtsy, trying to follow the social customs as best she could. She nodded as James spoke, noticing that he seemed a little nervous. When she looked back at Meryl she saw her watching her, but decided to pay no mind.

She smiled as he looked at James and instructed him "Ahh Jimmy, could you be a darling?  Can you get me a glass of the Dom?  You would be my personal savior...ohh and don't be rude...ask your date if she wants one...seriously, Jimmy I wonder about your etiquette skills

James noded to his sister and then looked at T'Lara "Would you like any refreshments, T'Lara"

She felt slightly uncomfortable as Meryl instructed James to get her a drink. She could sense the control the woman had over James, and she didn't like it. But there was nothing she could do but watch everything unfold.

"Same as before, a Vulcan Brandy. Thank you, James," she said gracefully.

As James got his drink orders he proceeded to the Bar.  He figured that his sister wanted to talk to T'Lara alone.

Meryl looked at T'Lara and attempted to make a social conversation "I have to say, I am mystified by your dress, it is absolutely gorgeous"  she commented

"Thank you," she said courteously. She didn't really know what to say about the other woman's dress. Compliments were not her specialty.

As she waited for her drink she commented "I need to commend you and my brother...your service in Starfleet is a great asset to us all...I just wish he would serve in a more secure environment.  I bet you do have some funny stories about him...did he ever tell you  the one time that he cut power to a 10 mile radius on earth...he was just 10 years old and he refused to eat his vegetables...so he was grounded and then he log in father's computer and somehow managed to overload the energy grip and the reason that he did got caught was because he purposely avoided our houses...ohhh Jimmy always a trouble maker

She listened to this personal anecdote. "He did not tell me. On the ship we did not have very much time to converse. Especially since we serve in different departments." Honestly, she did not much care to hear stories of a person's childhood. The developmental stage of life was such a fleeting time and she rarely gave it much thought. But obviously humans found it interesting and amusing. She waited somewhat anxiously for James to return or for Meryl to continue talking. 

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.