Pirates of the Space Lanes! (A Holodeck Adventure)[Open to all]

Started by Kyan Mackenzie, September 19, 2016, 02:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyan Mackenzie

(OOC= I started this a few years back on the Churchill. It's open for anyone to come and join!)

:: 2267 | Somewhere in the Typhon Expanse ::

The dingy light shone down upon the cluttered, aged command deck of the old freighter bathing the motley crew in a reddish glow. At the helm a burly Klingon plied his trade in stoic silence, making course corrections and occasionally glancing up at the flickering viewer. At the Gunner's position, the helmsman's doppleganger growled at the readouts and kicked the workstation's base, which apparently produced the desired results. Working the sensors was a Human female, her own blond locks tucked into a quickly secured bun, and her face illuminated by the blue glow of her station's scanners. No one spoke, save for the ship itself, which creaked and groaned like an old wooden schooner riding the waves of a stormy sea. Occasionally the gunner growled, and the sensor station bleeped and whirred. Otherwise the Latinum Lady's crew rode their vessel through space in relative calm, each plying their trade; lost in their own duties. After a few moments though, the came was broken.

"Captain!" the Klingon gunner called out gruffly. "There is a vessel approaching!"

The command chair, which had been facing the compartment's aft section, swiftly spun in the direction of the Klingon gunner. It's small occupant's feet never coming in contact with the deck plates. The ship's captain, a wild looking crimson haired youth, eyed the viewscreen eagerly.

"In range?" he called out.

"Two thousand kellicams!" the gunner replied, shortly thereafter. "In range."

The little commander grinned ferally. "Let's see it then!"

The static filled viewer, with the crack running up the side of the old LED display blinked into another shot. The vessel in question took up most of the screen. Her curves were unmistakable. Smooth, rounded primary hull which gave way to a slim swan neck that connected it to the saucer section. Blinking lights, long powerful engines glowing green at the front. The ship hung in space, waiting. Kyan hopped from his chair, his boots clanking on the deckplates as he landed. This was the one that they'd been looking for.

"Registry NCC One seven...."

"I know who it is Korak!" Kyan replied, excitement permeating his speech. "Raise the shields! Get the weapons ready, and prepare a boarding party!"

"Aye Aye!" the gunner called out, a toothy grin playing at the corners of his mouth. "They will sing songs of this day!"

Kyan eyed the ship flickering on their viewscreen. The pride of Starfleet. USS Enterprise. HIS ship. He'd been looking for her since he'd taken over command of the Latinum Lady several months ago. And now here she was. Hopefully those prefix codes that he'd purhased from that Orion Trader would work. If they didn't, the only songs that would be sung would happen in the Summerlands, when the Gods asked him about his battles.

"Let's give the ole grup a chance to surrender. Hail them!" Kyan called out, laughing. "Let's see if he's in a talking mood the now!"

Tok's hands flew over his console as he complied. "Frequency open."

Kyan stood defiantly in the middle of his bridge, hands on his hips. "Kirk! You ole creature! This is Mack Nasty! You have five minutes to surrender or we're taking the ship! If you try to resist, I promise you by the Lord and Lady that your crew will be sold to the Orions and your ship will be shot to bits! I'll collect'em all up and put them in a jar by the end of the day! What say you grup!"

----TBC---

Kali Reyes

[Holodeck - USS Enterprise]

Appreciating Captain James T. Kirk lounge confidently on his chair was definitely in Kali's top three sexiest sittings she's ever seen - maybe even sharing the coveted number one spot with herself. So it wasn't much of a choice between joining a dirty garbage sow to play a pirate or get her hands on the knobs and levers on the Enterprise's dated console systems.

Kali retired the lovely Uhura and took her spot in communications while Doctor McCoy paced around the bridge uninvited like usual. It wasn't hard to play the role given the technology (a modern day child could probably run this Enterprise if they could keep their attention focused long enough), so Kali kicked back in her high boots and sinfully short red uniform to monitor the frequencies.

Well, it was more like playing with the communications console and its adorable buttons. There wasn't even a digital interface. "Captain," she trilled, "We're being hailed."

"Patch it through, Lieutenant," Kirk clipped back, his eyes trained ahead. Commander Spock stepped down and hovered loyally at the Captain's side while McCoy covered the other.

She flipped a switch. It was awesome.

"A child?" McCoy asked sourly over the voice.

"Appearances could be deceiving, Doctor," replied Spock. "If you recall the term 'grup' from our previous ventures, there has only been one planet it had been used."

"That Onlies homeworld?" Sulu inquired over his shoulder.

"Indeed."

"Still a damn child," McCoy muttered under his breath.

Kirk offered no further comment, but his lips twitched down ever so slightly. "This is Captain Kirk of the USS Enterprise. Are you the captain of that vessel?" He cut the fat and got straight to business. Kali couldn't help but sigh fondly at his swagger.

Kyan Mackenzie

:: 2267 | Somewhere in the Typhon Expanse ::

Kyan narrowed his eyes at the grup on screen before a predatory smile cut across his cherubic visage. He laughed heartily.

"Am I the....captain....ofthisvessel?" he asked, mimicking Kirk's signature inflection. "Of course I am you planet wrecking grup. And as I said, you've got five minutes.....well four the now, since you've taken up one of them asking silly questions, to surrender to me, or I'll turn your ship into a cloud of space dust."

The ageless boy pirate beamed at Kirk before remembering another demand. "Oh yeah, and Kovak says that you have to turn over all the Saurian brandy on the ship too. And don't lie, I know your doctor has a stash of it."

Kovak smiled with his sharp yellow teeth and nodded approvingly.

"So hurry up you creature...what'll it be? Surrender.... or death!?"

Kali Reyes

[USS Enterprise]

McCoy balked with disapproval at the mention of his brandy. "Got a mouth on him!"

"Pirates rarely speak politely," Spock shot back serenely.

Kirk was too fixated on the screen, but the whole bridge could tell he was a tad annoyed by the pleasantries. He smoothly got off his chair and moved closer towards the helm. All Kali could do was bounce on the edge of her seat and watch the banter between the three most famous men in Federation history.

"I'm assuming any diplomacy is wasted then," Kirk said charmingly and okay, Kali might have melted right there on the chair. "As for your demands, I'm afraid we'll have to decline. The Federation does not cower to terrorism or piracy."

Whoever coded Kirk was a genius and deserved to have their names mounted on top of her bunk board.

Kyan Mackenzie

Quote from: Kali Reyes on October 04, 2016, 10:17:52 PM

"I'm assuming any diplomacy is wasted then," Kirk said charmingly and okay, Kali might have melted right there on the chair. "As for your demands, I'm afraid we'll have to decline. The Federation does not cower to terrorism or piracy."

Kyan's grin remained. He had known that the old grup wouldn't surrender the ship. It just wasn't in Kirk to make it easy on himself. Oh well though, he thought. The more fun for me! The little Miran hopped out of his chair and inched toward the Latinum Lady's cracked viewer.

"I had HOPED that you were going to do that Kirk, you creature! And you've made me a very happy pirate! I'll see you soon!" Kyan cut the transmission and turned toward the engineering station. "Mister Raaz, please execute our plan."

The big Nausiccan smiled through his mouth horn thing. "Glady Captain."

A few seconds later, he nodded at Kyan. It was done. The Enterprise was defenseless. Her shields wouldn't go up for almost a minute, giving his crew time to cripple her, and the boarding parties time to board. it was all going to plan!

Kyan could almost jump for joy. "Ok boyos." he called out. "Kovak, you'll be in command here whilst I'm over there. Shoot out their communications, shield generators, and weapons. Do NOT destroy her... because... you know.. I'll be there, and this is my ship... you know.. and plus you don't get paid if I'm shuffled off to the Summerlands." That last bit would probably work. Kovak liked his money more than he wanted to take over the Latinum Lady, which he also wanted... which was the problem with pirating.

"Buck up boys! We're gonna get Ol' Kirk today!" Kyan bellowed as he made for the lift. As he entered it, he turned around. "Kovak, commence firing!"

Kyan saw the first blue beams lance out and sear the white hull as the doors closed in front of him. The little pirate beamed all the way down to the transporter room.

Kali Reyes

The screen flickered away along with the overhead lights when the first shots were fired. Kali followed Spock's gaze upward as the shields suddenly came down and the old-fashioned red alert sounded throughout the bridge. Kirk hastily stepped between Sulu and Chekov, still glaring at the empty screen. "Status report, Lieutenant Reyes!"

Delighted, she flipped some switches and pushed some buttons and then fished the now useless earpiece out of her hair. "Shields down, comms jammed, and power irregularities throughout Engineering and sub-decks. They've hit all the essential instruments. Gonna need a minute to power everything back up."

"That's not enough time!" McCoy snapped while Spock retreated to his station. "Jim, we're sitting on our thumbs out there!"

Chekov turned in his seat, confused. "Enemy ship is not firing at us anymore, keptin."

"Weapons down on our end until the power cycle," Sulu said as he flipped the now useless switches. "Ops has photon torpedoes at the ready, but targeting system's down. Orders?"

"Standby, Mr. Sulu." Kirk then silent, but his mind whirred with questions and tactics even Kali wouldn't be aware of. Eventually, he broke the silence and turned to the science station. "Thoughts, Mr. Spock?"

Spock turned, calm and collected. "The pirate ship is carrying an Onlie. His reasoning is unknown, but he does not want to damage the Enterprise anymore than the necessity to cripple it."

"But the shields are down!" McCoy reacted impatiently. "Why do it if the pirates aren't going to fire?!"

Kirk's eyes lit up and it caused Spock to consider him grimly. He quickly retreated to his Captain's chair and pressed a button. "Red alert on all decks. I want security to man all transporters. We're being boarded by the enemy ship!"

"We're already boarded," Kali answered.

Kyan Mackenzie

[USS Enterprise | Deck 2]

The transporter effect wasn't the same on the holodeck. But of course, short of actually using the device, one just couldn't replicate being torn apart at the molecular level and re-assembled somewheres else. But at least they did do the dizzy spinning lights and sound effect. Once Kyan and his team "materialized" on the clean deck plates of Kirk's ship, the Miran drew his phaser pistol and surveyed the area. No one was there, but the red lights on the bulkheads told him that the ship was at alert.

"Stay sharp boyos, they'll be coming for us, the creatures! We need to get to the bridge to take the ship."

The Klingon twins, G'ron and G'mpoc growled their acknowledgment, scanning the immediate area for threats. The trio started for the turbolift and were nearly there when a scantily clad human female in a red shirt rounded the corner. She hesitated when she saw them, and then turned to run the other way. Kyan's phaser blast caught her in the back and she hit the deck like a sack of potatoes, he scream cut short as she landed.

"Get her communicator." he said non-chalantly, stepping over the woman as he continued toward the lifts.

Kali Reyes

[USS Enterprise - Bridge]

"Captain, they've reached the turbolift."

Kirk climbed out of his seat and watched the doors like a hawk. "Lieutenant Reyes, cut the power from the turbolift."

Spock turned and followed the moment Kirk flagged for security to train their old school phasers at the door. "Captain, the rest of the ship -"

"-will be in bigger trouble if we lose control of the bridge," Kirk said grimly. "You have your orders, Ms. Reyes."

Kali nodded and turned off the power.

Kyan Mackenzie

:: Deck 4 | Torpedo Storage Bay ::

Kyan sat happily on top of a torpedo watching the Klingons work. Soon, barring any unforeseen heroics on the part of Kirk and co. Kyan would be sitting in the grups chair. OR.... the chair would be cosmic spacedust. He didn't care too much which it was either. Either way, ole Kirk and his band of planet thieving grups were headed off to the holo-Summerlands.

"Well, a Yankee ship sailed down the river" Kyan sang, mostly to himselves as G'ron and G'mpoc wired up the torpedo. "Blow, boys, blow"

To his surprise, because the two didn't usually sing human songs with him, G'ron joined in. " Oh, a Yankee ship in the Congo River" Although it didn't sound very happy in his gruff Klingon voice.

"Blow, me bully boys, blow" Kyan answered, looking at the time. "Well... time to call ole Kirk up." he offered, motiong for G'mpoc. "Grab that lady up off the floor and stand her up."

The Klingons picked up Janice Rand off the deck and stood her up.

Kyan opened the communicator and positioned it so that Kirk would be able to see his and Rand's faces on the viewer.

"Oh Caaaaptain. Let's have a talk!" he crooned into the little box.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.