S1 Mini-Sode 1: An Admiral's Birthday & More

Started by Kirok, September 17, 2016, 09:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

[Promenade]

Zex had returned to the station just a few days ago.  It had been her very first assignment.  So in a way, it felt like home.

But in all honesty, it was not Delta.  So it was not Home as she had known it.  But it was possibly as close as she would ever get to it again.

So, she was trying to make the best of it and was hanging the last of the decorations for Admiral Newberry's Birthday celebration.  Of course they had asked the shortest member of the crew to climb a ladder.  Where was Marco, one of the tallest members of the crew, when she needed him?

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Vem, son of Motag

[Promenade]
Vem was sitting on the promenade, looking over a banister. He had in his hands a tall glass of something that looked (and smelled) like liquid mud. He was slowly sipping at it, a warm smile on his face. It was a good place and he enjoyed watching the people go by.

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Daniel Howell

Promenade
Howell stood on the Promenade and was holding a cup of Coffee, a drink indigenous to Earth. Howell was never one for drinking alcoholic beverages, even though the best you could get on a Starbase was synthahol. Being on the starbase was quieter compared to being on a ship, so it was important that events like this were celebrated.

He was thinking about how he had been recently made Acting First Officer of the base, when he saw Vem drinking what could only be described from a distance as, something. He moved over to Vem and said "Vem, your looking rather dazed."

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Vem, son of Motag

Quote from: Daniel Howell on September 19, 2016, 08:10:11 PM

Promenade
He was thinking about how he had been recently made Acting First Officer of the base, when he saw Vem drinking what could only be described from a distance as, something. He moved over to Vem and said "Vem, your looking rather dazed."

[Promenade]

Dazed? Did he look dazed? It could have been the coobah root but that should have worn off an hour ago.

"Sorry Á¢â,¬Ëœbout that Dan." She said gruffly with a little wink, "It's jus' kinda' peaceful, you know? People. They move like water and I can see the... flow." He said running his finger along one of the commonly used paths by people in the milling group below.

"We think we are so much more advanced than water... I think not."

Vem, Son of Motag
Homeopathic Doctor

Kirok

Quote from: Vem, son of Motag on September 19, 2016, 09:23:56 PM

[Promenade]

Dazed? Did he look dazed? It could have been the coobah root but that should have worn off an hour ago.

"Sorry Á¢â,¬Ëœbout that Dan." She said gruffly with a little wink, "It's jus' kinda' peaceful, you know? People. They move like water and I can see the... flow." He said running his finger along one of the commonly used paths by people in the milling group below.

[Promenade]

Zex stood up on her tippy toes and made the final attachment.  From her vantage point she could see some of her starbase mates at the local drinking establishment.  "How is it that the women folk always end up with the hard work" she wondered to herself as she climbed down the ladder.

Moments later she joined the men in the bar.  After she acquired a pink fruity drink in a martini glass she joined the others.  "Gentlemen, it is good to see you again" she said with a cheerful smile.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Vem, son of Motag on September 19, 2016, 09:23:56 PM

[Promenade]

Promenade
"No worries." Replied Dan with a small chuckle. He nodded in agreement as Vem said it was peaceful and it was. Like he, Dan also thought in a similar way. Taking a sip of his coffee, Howell replied to Vems comment about how we think we are advanced, saying "Your right. We go out into this universe and think that because we have the shiny starships we are the ones, you know and we really aren't. The Borg showed us that." he finished, with his head at a slight angle, nodding.

Quote from: Zex on September 19, 2016, 09:43:12 PM

[Promenade]

Zex stood up on her tippy toes and made the final attachment.  From her vantage point she could see some of her starbase mates at the local drinking establishment.  "How is it that the women folk always end up with the hard work" she wondered to herself as she climbed down the ladder.

Moments later she joined the men in the bar.  After she acquired a pink fruity drink in a martini glass she joined the others.  "Gentlemen, it is good to see you again" she said with a cheerful smile.

just then, Zex joined. Swiveling around, Dan said "Zex, good to see you to. How are you these days? Where have you been across the galaxy."

Vem, son of Motag

[Promenade]

Still resting on the banister of the promenade and watching the people below Vem shook his head.

"The Borg... the Dominion... the Federation... the Klingons... the stars... the quadrant... us... the air. It's all the same. We are just particularly prideful and self-important collections of stardust Daniel."

His voice was raspy, like he'd been smoking his entire life but was his natural way of speaking.

He lifted his head slowly and looked at Zex.

"You are a vision. A good sight for eyes like mine." He mused, seeming to forget his last train of thought.

Vem, Son of Motag
Homeopathic Doctor

Kirok

Quote from: Daniel Howell on September 19, 2016, 10:01:28 PM

Promenade
"No worries." Replied Dan with a small chuckle. He nodded in agreement as Vem said it was peaceful and it was. Like he, Dan also thought in a similar way. Taking a sip of his coffee, Howell replied to Vems comment about how we think we are advanced, saying "Your right. We go out into this universe and think that because we have the shiny starships we are the ones, you know and we really aren't. The Borg showed us that." he finished, with his head at a slight angle, nodding.
just then, Zex joined. Swiveling around, Dan said "Zex, good to see you to. How are you these days? Where have you been across the galaxy."

Promenade

"I'm well.  Thank you for asking, Mr. Howell" Zex replied with a smile.  "I've been doing a bit of ship hopping lately.  And most recently up a very tall ladder.  I would appreciate it so much if I could find two strong men to help me move it at some point" she added with a flutter of her long eyebrows and a slight tilt of her head.

Quote from: Vem, son of Motag on September 19, 2016, 10:21:44 PM

[Promenade]

Still resting on the banister of the promenade and watching the people below Vem shook his head.

"The Borg... the Dominion... the Federation... the Klingons... the stars... the quadrant... us... the air. It's all the same. We are just particularly prideful and self-important collections of stardust Daniel."

His voice was raspy, like he'd been smoking his entire life but was his natural way of speaking.

He lifted his head slowly and looked at Zex.

"You are a vision. A good sight for eyes like mine." He mused, seeming to forget his last train of thought.

"Well, thank you Vem.  It's good to see you as well" Zex replied with a similar tilt of her head back toward the Klingon.  Then she sat down with the guys with her drink that smelled like watermelon.  "So is it true.  I heard we may be getting a new CO" she said.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Zex on September 20, 2016, 01:43:12 PM

Promenade

"I'm well.  Thank you for asking, Mr. Howell" Zex replied with a smile.  "I've been doing a bit of ship hopping lately.  And most recently up a very tall ladder.  I would appreciate it so much if I could find two strong men to help me move it at some point" she added with a flutter of her long eyebrows and a slight tilt of her head.

"Well, thank you Vem.  It's good to see you as well" Zex replied with a similar tilt of her head back toward the Klingon.  Then she sat down with the guys with her drink that smelled like watermelon.  "So is it true.  I heard we may be getting a new CO" she said.

"Well you have been travelling around." Howell replied. He continued, "Guess I'll help after I finished my coffee." He commented with a small laugh. Taking another sip of his coffee, Howell then moved on to reply to Zex's question about a new CO. "Well, we are getting a new CO at the starbase. Admiral Newberry will remain here as Fleet CO, but the starbase won't be under his direct command. The command staff is a bit haywire at the moment as I am acting XO as well."

Vem, son of Motag

[Promenade]

Vem held his hands up, "Despite all the Kal'ax'cha root I've been chewing this body is no longer that of a warrior's. He let out a hearty belly laugh, "But I'm sure Daniel has many strong lads willing to help." She said patting his chest. In truth, he just wanted to get out of any sort of manual labor.

What Lt. Howell said about the new CO piqued his interest,

"Aye Daniel- so it's not a rumor. We're going to be a proper place with proper people doing proper things?" he replied with a smirk.

He had every intention of being an upstanding member of Starfleet, so long as they let him be him and didn't get in the way of his religious missions.

He fetched a pill out of the hemp satchel around his shoulders that was about the size of a grape and popped it into his mouth then swallowed it with a mouthful of what a passerby would SWEAR was just mud. It truth- it was mud... just a special kind of particularly watery mud from Andris III. Vem was trying a new diet- an Andrisian homeopath he knew on the net SWORE by it. Then again Andrisians were 12 foot tall pig people with an open ended digestive track... but he was willing to try anything once.

Vem, Son of Motag
Homeopathic Doctor

Kirok

Quote from: Daniel Howell on September 22, 2016, 12:14:45 AM

"Well you have been travelling around." Howell replied. He continued, "Guess I'll help after I finished my coffee." He commented with a small laugh. Taking another sip of his coffee, Howell then moved on to reply to Zex's question about a new CO. "Well, we are getting a new CO at the starbase. Admiral Newberry will remain here as Fleet CO, but the starbase won't be under his direct command. The command staff is a bit haywire at the moment as I am acting XO as well."

[Promenade]

"Thank you, kind Sir" Zex said in a playful manner.  She dipped her head slightly to highlight her mood.  "Acting XO.  Wow that's great Dan.  Cheers" she said as she lifted her glass.

Quote from: Vem, son of Motag on September 22, 2016, 07:23:20 PM

[Promenade]

Vem held his hands up, Á,"œDespite all the Kal'ax'cha root I've been chewing this body is no longer that of a warrior's. He let out a hearty belly laugh, Á,"œBut I'm sure Daniel has many strong lads willing to help.Á," She said patting his chest. In truth, he just wanted to get out of any sort of manual labor.

Á,"œAye Daniel- so it's not a rumor. We're going to be a proper place with proper people doing proper things?Á," he replied with a smirk.

He had every intention of being an upstanding member of Starfleet, so long as they let him be him and didn't get in the way of his religious missions.

He fetched a pill out of the hemp satchel around his shoulders that was about the size of a grape and popped it into his mouth then swallowed it with a mouthful of what a passerby would SWEAR was just mud. It truth- it was mud... just a special kind of particularly watery mud from Andris III. Vem was trying a new diet- an Andrisian homeopath he knew on the net SWORE by it. Then again Andrisians were 12 foot tall pig people with an open ended digestive track... but he was willing to try anything once.

[Promenade]

Zex offered the man a slight giggle.  But then she straightened up when talk of the new CO started.  "That's excellent.  I heard that he is bald.  He's not a Deltan is he?" she added as she bit her lip slightly.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Vem, son of Motag on September 22, 2016, 07:23:20 PM

[Promenade]

Vem held his hands up, "Despite all the Kal'ax'cha root I've been chewing this body is no longer that of a warrior's. He let out a hearty belly laugh, "But I'm sure Daniel has many strong lads willing to help." She said patting his chest. In truth, he just wanted to get out of any sort of manual labor.

"Aye Daniel- so it's not a rumor. We're going to be a proper place with proper people doing proper things?" he replied with a smirk.

Promonade
"Indeed, the rumors are true. I think it is going to be good for the fleet. Afterall, we are one of the last starbases to have the sector fleet admiral commanding the base." Howell replied.

Quote from: Zex on September 22, 2016, 09:23:16 PM

[Promenade]

"Thank you, kind Sir" Zex said in a playful manner.  She dipped her head slightly to highlight her mood.  "Acting XO.  Wow that's great Dan.  Cheers" she said as she lifted her glass.

[Promenade]

Zex offered the man a slight giggle.  But then she straightened up when talk of the new CO started.  "That's excellent.  I heard that he is bald.  He's not a Deltan is he?" she added as she bit her lip slightly.

"Thank you." Replied Howell in response to Zex's congratulations. He lifted his mug of coffee, before taking a sip.

Kirok

Quote from: Daniel Howell on September 23, 2016, 01:34:04 AM

Promonade
"Indeed, the rumors are true. I think it is going to be good for the fleet. Afterall, we are one of the last starbases to have the sector fleet admiral commanding the base." Howell replied.

Promonade

"Oh really?  I wasn't aware of that" Zex replied with a flighty air.  Then she took a healthy drink of her watermelon martini.  "This is my new favorite drink" she claimed with a wide smile.

Quote from: Daniel Howell on September 23, 2016, 01:34:04 AM

"Thank you." Replied Howell in response to Zex's congratulations. He lifted his mug of coffee, before taking a sip.

Promonade

"Maybe we can manage to have a small promotion party for you and the new CO once he arrives" Zex said with a bit of excitement in her eyes.  "Nothing too big mind you.  Just something to recognize the event like a really community" she suggested.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Zex on September 23, 2016, 09:24:50 PM

Promonade

"Oh really?  I wasn't aware of that" Zex replied with a flighty air.  Then she took a healthy drink of her watermelon martini.  "This is my new favorite drink" she claimed with a wide smile.

Promonade

"Maybe we can manage to have a small promotion party for you and the new CO once he arrives" Zex said with a bit of excitement in her eyes.  "Nothing too big mind you.  Just something to recognize the event like a really community" she suggested.

Promenade
"Never really did like alcohol, or synthahol for that matter, beer is about as far as I go, that and good old fashioned Earth Cider. " Replied Howell. Then, Zex spoke about a small party for Dan and the new CO. Howell didn't see any harm in it, but he questioned if the new CO would like it. Deciding to play it safe, Howell continued his sentence "Well, I'm not sure if the new CO would like a party, even a small one at that, but I don't see any harm in a few drinks among the crew."

Kirok

Quote from: Daniel Howell on September 24, 2016, 09:41:25 PM

Promenade
"Never really did like alcohol, or synthahol for that matter, beer is about as far as I go, that and good old fashioned Earth Cider. " Replied Howell. Then, Zex spoke about a small party for Dan and the new CO. Howell didn't see any harm in it, but he questioned if the new CO would like it. Deciding to play it safe, Howell continued his sentence "Well, I'm not sure if the new CO would like a party, even a small one at that, but I don't see any harm in a few drinks among the crew."

Promenade

"I've never had Earth cider.  What's it like?" Zex asked curiously.  She took another sip of her drink while she waited on an answer.   "I think a few drinks among the crew can be arranged.  Maybe in the Mess Hall" she replied.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.