Just the Beginning (Leonard and Catrin)

Started by Leonard T. Scott, September 12, 2016, 05:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonard T. Scott

[Holodeck 2]

Leonard was a little nervous, yet confident. This was the big date he had in mind. He walked to the console.

"Computer," he began, "run program Scott Alpha 1."

He walked into the holodeck. Inside looked like a typical London street in the early-to-mid 2000s. He saw the vehicle that would be what he and Cat would use. It looked like an ancient police public call box. It had a nice shade of blue to it.

Scott walked over to the box and snapped his fingers. The door opened.

Even though he programmed it, he was still in awe when he actually saw it.

He whistled.

"She's going to love it!" he exclaimed.

He tapped his combadge.

=/\= Scott to Ms. Maddux. Everything is ready if you would like to meet me in Holodeck 2. =/\=

"Well, here goes nothing," he thought to himself.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Catrin Maddux

[Counselor's Office]

Cat sat at her desk and occasionally glanced at the time as she grew impatient. Leo had some big surprise planned, and had been secretive all week. His excitement was contagious however and she couldn't help smiling at his enthusiasm.

She grinned to herself as she continued to update and amend her files. Even for what was considered a small crew, there was still an excessive amount of paperwork.

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on September 12, 2016, 05:54:23 PM

=/\= Scott to Ms. Maddux. Everything is ready if you would like to meet me in Holodeck 2. =/\=

She tapped her combadge to respond.

=/\= It's about time, pretty boy. I'll be right over.=/\=

Cat closed up shop for the rest of the day and hurried over to Leo and his surprise. She couldn't wait to see what he had planned.

[Holodeck 2]

"So what's this big... Surprise?" She confidently strode inside, but stopped abruptly. Having grown up on a colony, she wasn't all that familiar with Earth but she was fascinated by its history.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on October 03, 2016, 02:53:35 PM

[Counselor's Office]

Cat sat at her desk and occasionally glanced at the time as she grew impatient. Leo had some big surprise planned, and had been secretive all week. His excitement was contagious however and she couldn't help smiling at his enthusiasm.

She grinned to herself as she continued to update and amend her files. Even for what was considered a small crew, there was still an excessive amount of paperwork.

She tapped her combadge to respond.

=/\= It's about time, pretty boy. I'll be right over.=/\=

Cat closed up shop for the rest of the day and hurried over to Leo and his surprise. She couldn't wait to see what he had planned.

[Holodeck 2]

"So what's this big... Surprise?" She confidently strode inside, but stopped abruptly. Having grown up on a colony, she wasn't all that familiar with Earth but she was fascinated by its history.

Scott poked his head out of the TARDIS. He saw Cat and exited.

"Ah, hello," he said in an Estuary accent. "There's an adventure waiting. There's been some reports of mannequins coming to life. Shall we investigate?"

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on October 03, 2016, 03:19:09 PM

Scott poked his head out of the TARDIS. He saw Cat and exited.

"Ah, hello," he said in an Estuary accent. "There's an adventure waiting. There's been some reports of mannequins coming to life. Shall we investigate?"

Cat looked at him incredulously, and raised an eyebrow. "Wot in the blazes?" Her Welsh heritage came in strong. "Are ya malu cachu? Living mannequins and a blue box? Wot sorta mad are you on about today?"

As far as dates go, she had been expecting something a bit more traditional, but Leo was excited so she'd play along for now.

"Ah now before ya crumple up, I'm game to see where ya plan on going with this set up. A dollop more explaining would help though." She knew he was looking forward to this and figured she sounded more harsh than she felt.

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on October 15, 2016, 05:03:29 PM

Cat looked at him incredulously, and raised an eyebrow. "Wot in the blazes?" Her Welsh heritage came in strong. "Are ya malu cachu? Living mannequins and a blue box? Wot sorta mad are you on about today?"

As far as dates go, she had been expecting something a bit more traditional, but Leo was excited so she'd play along for now.

"Ah now before ya crumple up, I'm game to see where ya plan on going with this set up. A dollop more explaining would help though." She knew he was looking forward to this and figured she sounded more harsh than she felt.

"Oh, we're all mad here," Scott said with a smile. "You see, this is based on one of my favorite shows. It's been called the adventure of a lifetime."

He started to beam like Father Christmas.

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on October 16, 2016, 06:19:47 PM

"Oh, we're all mad here," Scott said with a smile. "You see, this is based on one of my favorite shows. It's been called the adventure of a lifetime."

He started to beam like Father Christmas.

"If you say so. I'm willing to give it a whirl." Cat gave him a raised eyebrow but paired it with an encouraging smile.

"Now let's get in your blue box... thing and find out about these mannequins." She poked at the blue painted wood, suspiciously. It looked like it'd be a tight fit for two adults. Not that she minded a little closeness.

Leonard T. Scott

"Well, then, right this way," Scott said with a grin.

He stepped inside of the TARDIS and waited for Cat to take a look inside.

Catrin Maddux

Cat stepped inside and prepared for a bit of a squeeze, she was not what you would call a petite woman by any means. What she wasn't prepared for was the impossibly large room she found herself in, with an odd console set dead center. She looked around the room, bemused then backed out through the door. The same, rather small police box exterior greeted her. She circled the box and stuck her head back inside.

"Looks smaller on the outside." She said it non-chalant and walked inside to examine the console. There were a lot of levers and knobs and for some reason, a mallet and socket wrench.

Leonard T. Scott

"Well, that's the purpose. Wouldn't wanna be too close together, now would we?" Scott replied. "Now, according to this, these plastic people are being replicated from actual folks. Not unlike that Madame Tussauds
wax museums of times gone by."

It was at that moment the TARDIS console's alarm went off.

Catrin Maddux

"What in blue blazes is that? I think it takes a special kinda talent to crash a box that isn't even flying!" Cat huffed, reminded of the fact Leo caused a dust up the very day they met.

She scoured the console trying to find the source of the alarm, or at the very least, a pair of earmuffs. There were lights and levers and what appeared to be a teakettle. She shook her head. A screen appeared to be showing a sensor scan if she was reading it correctly and it had a bright red blip to go along with the alarm.

"Think I found it!" She pointed with the mallet she picked up inadvertently.

Leonard T. Scott

"Ah!" Leo exclaimed. "There it is."

He picked up the mallet and started to bang on the console. 'Yes! Just like in the show. I love this holodeck,' he thought to himself.

"It's the machine. The navigation is a bit knackered, but it's more fun that way," he quipped with a smile.

With one more bang, the alarm stopped and the familiar (to him) sound of the machine taking off began.

Catrin Maddux

Cat scrunched up her face at the noise. "Sounds a bit scrapey, like you left the brakes on."

She looked around for a chair of some sort and settled for a perch on the railing near the console. This really hadn't been what she was expecting when Leo asked her on a date. Not that she'd been on many. She waited to see what else was in store.

Leonard T. Scott

"I didn't know you knew about that," Leo replied with excitement in his voice while breaking character a bit. "Anyways, there's this plastics factory nearby. Let's see what we can get ourselves into."

The machine came to a stop and Leo ran over to the door and opened it.

"Oops. I seem to have parked us the wrong way. Just a tick and I'll get it right."

He worked his way back to the console and adjusted the box.

"There, all fixed. Now, let's go investigate."

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on February 25, 2017, 06:12:19 AM

"I didn't know you knew about that," Leo replied with excitement in his voice while breaking character a bit. "Anyways, there's this plastics factory nearby. Let's see what we can get ourselves into."

The machine came to a stop and Leo ran over to the door and opened it.

"Oops. I seem to have parked us the wrong way. Just a tick and I'll get it right."

He worked his way back to the console and adjusted the box.

"There, all fixed. Now, let's go investigate."

"Knew about what?" Cat questioned, confusion apparent on her face. Apparently there was no time for answers as the strange machine suddenly came to a stop and Leo hopped about like a rabbit with an agenda.

"If we're going up against plastic people who are turning people into more plastic people, shouldn't we have some sort of defense?" She was opposed to most violence but it couldn't hurt to have something that would stack the odds in their favor should things get sticky. She grabbed onto the tail of his coat, and demanded a response.

Leonard T. Scott

"Well, I have this," Leo replied holding a vile of antiplastic. "I have a feeling the Nestene Consciousness is behind all this. I'm going to talk to it, but should negotiations fail, I'll just drop this and save the day."

His voice indicated that he didn't want the negotiations to fail. Much like the Ninth incarnation of the lead of the show, one of his favorites, he wanted to give them a chance.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.