Ethan J. Rider - Reporting In (07, September 2016)

Started by Ethan Rider II, September 07, 2016, 07:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan Rider II

Character Name: Ethan J. Rider II
Character Age: 24
Character DOB: September 27 2368
Character Image: http://stavatars.com/viewer/big_viewer.php?img_dir=avatars&image=6403_hemsworth-liam.png
Character Species: Human/Trill Hybrid (1/3 Trill)
Character Family:
Father: Thomas Rider
Mother:Katheryn Rider
Character Bio: Ethan Johnathan Rider II was born to Thomas, A Half Trill and Katheryn Rider, A Human in Washington, USA. His ancestry goes back to British naval officers in the 1700s. His father died when he was two years old leaving his mother to raise him alone his mother wanted to move to Britain but they stayed in Washington as it was the birthplace of Thomas and Ethan. Katheryn tried to make Ethan become a lawyer, even though he wished to see the stars, this caused a rift between Ethan and his mother. Ethan never understood how his father died and when he asked his mother she refused to talk about it. Ethan 's relationship with Katheryn continued to deteriorate into his early teens. He often ran away and slept and ate at his friends houses or occasionally on the street, this made Katheryn extremely angry and eventually she completely abandoned him by 2383, when Ethan was fifteen. Ethan held a grudge against her for twenty years.

Ethan entered Starfleet Academy in 2386. During a battle simulation against a Romulan Cloaking ship, in which the cadet must save a freighter crew from a hidden enemy, Rider drove his shuttle into the Romulan hanger and dropped bombs inside the ship before swiftly escaping this showed the instructors that he was an expert pilot and had fast reflexes.
Upon graduation in 2390, Rider was ranked eighth in his class. He set high tasks for himself, and hoped to be captain before he was 30.

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Table top Star Trek rpg
Department Preference: Flight Control
Secondary Department Preference: Operations
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

Aft Observation Deck, Trill Symbiont Transport en route to Earth

Rider felt out of place in the Trill ship he was the only human there, The sparse conversation that had permeated the air on the vessel had dried up, as each member of the crew made there way to there stations, A Trill woman lied down unconscious a swarm of medical personnel made there way towards her. Rider awoke in the sickbay his head hurt and he couldn't see clearly, it took a minute for his body to adjust then in the distance he saw a middle-aged Trill man. he was tall and slender. His eyes were an electric blue and his hair was slicked back in a cap of black. "are you Ethan Rider?" His voice was soft "Yes... that's me." Uninvited he sat beside him. "My name is Dr Karal, I am part of the Medical Faculty at Starfleet Academy, I have something... sensitive to discuss with you and there isn't much time."
Dr Karal explained that the other Trill on-board had suffered a heart attack; that she was joined and the symbiont had survived. Ethan's knees started to tremble as she explained the vessel was without the proper storage containers and that the symbiont would not last until the transport reached Earth " the crew would volunteer themselves ," He said, placing his hand on his abdomen, "but all are already joined." he sighed. "You were the only option," he paused, "and I am sorry."

Ethan looked to his abdomen, he was a host.

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet?: Google

Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not.
Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you.

Archangel Koris

Welcome to Shadowfleet!

Just one point of clarification before I give you your assignment, if that's ok:  On your sample post, you indicated that Ethan received a Trill symbiont, but the application states that he is human.  Could you clarify this for me?

Ethan Rider II

Oh very sorry about that I have changed it sorry for the mistake

The idea behind it is that during his training he was on a Trill ship and that is where this story takes place.

I hope you understand and again I apologize.

Archangel Koris

Not to worry!  I was asking for clarification as canon has established that a human cannot be a host to a Trill symbiont for long, (a couple of days, if that), before suffering near fatal damage to their bodies.  A half-Trill can carry a symbiont though!

Ethan Rider II

Yes i am aware of that it is just i meant to put Human trill hybrid as he has trill blood
1/3 to be precise. He will have it removed by the time returned to Starfleet Academy.
Thank You.

Archangel Koris

Ok!

I'm delighted to be able to offer you a posting aboard the USS Athena as an operations officer, with the starting rank of Cadet.  In order to reach the rank of Ensign, we ask that you complete our OTC, (which is nothing onerous, I promise!), which will be carried out by Lieutenant Commander William Waring.  If this is acceptable, please report in to your new commanding officers: Captain Constance Lafayette and Commader Luke Stafford.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.