Author Topic: Final Scene of Internal Medicine in Sickbay  (Read 10924 times)

Offline Catrin Maddux

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Don't you forget about me.
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Final Scene of Internal Medicine in Sickbay
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 07:44:37 pm »
"Oh, you think you're good, huh," Scott replied with a grin. "We'll just see about that."

He winked back loving the banter.

Catrin smirked at him in return. "If ya want to think stick to chess." She took the opportunity to stretch, loosening the muscles in her neck and back that had tightened from sitting too long. "Poker is about as much reading your opponent as it is about the cards. And you read like a book, Mr. Scott."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:46:42 pm by Catrin Maddux »

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Offline Paige Wardropper

• Deceased/Retired
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 08:10:42 pm »
Sickbay

"Earl Grey for Cat, Scotch for the Scot... well ok seeing as you aren't driving right now... Rachel, can I get you anything.  O...K Stark!!" she said laughing at the snuzzling dog "...you can have treats too if Rachel allows it!" Paige said.

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Flight Control Instructor
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • May fortune favor the foolish
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 08:38:16 pm »
Catrin smirked at him in return. "If ya want to think stick to chess." She took the opportunity to stretch, loosening the muscles in her neck and back that had tightened from sitting too long. "Poker is about as much reading your opponent as it is about the cards. And you read like a book, Mr. Scott."

"Only time I've lost is because a Betazed tapped into me unknowingly," Scott replied. "That's why I have a strict personal policy whilst playing against them. They can't use their mental, shall we say, powers during the game."

Sickbay

"Earl Grey for Cat, Scotch for the Scot... well ok seeing as you aren't driving right now... Rachel, can I get you anything.  O...K Stark!!" she said laughing at the snuzzling dog "...you can have treats too if Rachel allows it!" Paige said.

He laughed a little at the dog's actions. Stark seemed to be a happy and friendly dog. He always wanted another pet, especially after his black lab died while he was at the academy.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Offline Rachel Deacon

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 09:33:33 pm »
Sickbay

[Sickbay]

Rachel closed her eyes and let the conversation happening all around to simply wash over her.  It was pointless discussion that she didn't need to pay attention to as she stroked Stark's soft fur, only opening her eyes and paying attention when he moved, apparently having heard the magic word 'treats'.

"Stark can have one small treat," she replied, listening to the tail thumping against something metallic again as he recognised the word.  Hoping to explain a little, she added:  "Otherwise I'll have to replicate a bigger harness for him."

Primary Account: Archangel T'Koris on the Phoenix

Offline Paige Wardropper

• Deceased/Retired
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 10:03:07 pm »
[Sickbay]

Rachel closed her eyes and let the conversation happening all around to simply wash over her.  It was pointless discussion that she didn't need to pay attention to as she stroked Stark's soft fur, only opening her eyes and paying attention when he moved, apparently having heard the magic word 'treats'.

"Stark can have one small treat," she replied, listening to the tail thumping against something metallic again as he recognised the word.  Hoping to explain a little, she added:  "Otherwise I'll have to replicate a bigger harness for him."

Sickbay

Paige chuckled "No worries Rachel, I won't spoil him too much.  He had one before but like I say it was to get him off me.  Should I fetch you a cool drink?"

She fussed Stark "And you young man need to run around a cargo bay more to work off all these... morsels... you've been getting!"  she deliberately changed the word so that he didn't jump up and down with excitement.

Offline Rachel Deacon

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 10:30:29 pm »
Sickbay

Paige chuckled "No worries Rachel, I won't spoil him too much.  He had one before but like I say it was to get him off me.  Should I fetch you a cool drink?"

She fussed Stark "And you young man need to run around a cargo bay more to work off all these... morsels... you've been getting!"  she deliberately changed the word so that he didn't jump up and down with excitement.

[Sickbay]

Giving a canine huff in response to Paige's mild scolding, Stark hopped up fully onto the biobed, settling himself over Rachel's legs despite the fact that there wasn't really all that much space for him and that 50 kilos of solid animal hardly counted as a lap dog. 

"Water would be much appreciated," Rachel replied to Paige's question about a drink.  She wasn't particularly thirsty, but having been asleep, even for such a short amount of time, had left a fuzzy sensation in her mouth that she did not like one bit.  It felt like Stark had taken a nap in there.

Offline Catrin Maddux

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 10:59:43 pm »
"Only time I've lost is because a Betazed tapped into me unknowingly," Scott replied. "That's why I have a strict personal policy whilst playing against them. They can't use their mental, shall we say, powers during the game."

Catrin shifted uncomfortably in her chair. The movement woke the tawny colored tribble that occasionally liked to sleep hidden under her hair, nestled by her neck. It rolled down her arm and settled on her knee, then purred loudly to offer comfort. She stroked its fur absently.

"Betazed is the planet, Betazoids are the people." She stated this in a notably emotionless voice and continued to pet the tribble.

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2016, 03:39:36 am »
Catrin shifted uncomfortably in her chair. The movement woke the tawny colored tribble that occasionally liked to sleep hidden under her hair, nestled by her neck. It rolled down her arm and settled on her knee, then purred loudly to offer comfort. She stroked its fur absently.

"Betazed is the planet, Betazoids are the people." She stated this in a notably emotionless voice and continued to pet the tribble.

"Po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe," Scott replied sassily. "And do you know how much tribble you'll be in with that little guy if he gets loose?"

Scott was all too familiar with the eating and breeding habits of the little furballs. "They were cute though," he thought to himself.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.

Offline Catrin Maddux

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 03:52:07 am »
"Po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe," Scott replied sassily. "And do you know how much tribble you'll be in with that little guy if he gets loose?"

Scott was all too familiar with the eating and breeding habits of the little furballs. "They were cute though," he thought to himself.

"Trip's a harmless little charmer. Chemically sterilized. Got him from a Ferengi trader that visited the colony where I grew up." Catrin tickled the tribble and 'he' chirped happily. "Would you like to pet him? He gets along with everyone, even my cat." She held out the tribble to Scott.

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 04:03:39 am »
"Trip's a harmless little charmer. Chemically sterilized. Got him from a Ferengi trader that visited the colony where I grew up." Catrin tickled the tribble and 'he' chirped happily. "Would you like to pet him? He gets along with everyone, even my cat." She held out the tribble to Scott.

"Sure," Scott replied as he reached and touched Trip. "You're just a cute little fuzzball aren't you?"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:09:58 am by Leonard T. Scott »

Offline Catrin Maddux

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 04:18:40 am »
"Sure," Scott replied as he reached and touched Trip. "You're just a cute little fuzzball aren't you?"

The tribble inched into Scott's hand and purred. "Seems like he's taken a liking to you as well, Mr. Scott." Catrin wasn't entirely sure if she was picking up on Trip's feelings or if the helmsman was actually starting to grow on her.

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2016, 04:28:50 am »
The tribble inched into Scott's hand and purred. "Seems like he's taken a liking to you as well, Mr. Scott." Catrin wasn't entirely sure if she was picking up on Trip's feelings or if the helmsman was actually starting to grow on her.

"So, would you like to go get a bite to eat or something," Scott began going on a gut feeling, "after you're done here?"

He was really hoping this wouldn't end up in the slight disappointment that occurred when he found out Jamie was taken. He really just wanted to be friends at first and go from there, but wasn't sure how it would end up.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:12:14 pm by Leonard T. Scott »

Offline Paige Wardropper

• Deceased/Retired
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2016, 11:15:12 pm »
Sickbay

Paige got the drinks including a bowl of water and one small bit of chicken for Stark.  She passed the tea to Catrin, Scotch to Leonard and put the bowl of water on the floor for Stark giving him the bit of chicken and ruffling his ears.

"See, I do still love you, silly dog!" she said bemused.

"Aww a tribble!" she noticed the furball and smiled.

"Right Rachel gonna give you some anesthizine to help with this but I'm going to raise the bed a little so that drinking is easier.  Here goes with the hypo to your neck..."  The hypo hissed injecting the drug into the cartoid artery.  It was pretty fast acting.

"Right, Catrin, can you make sure that Rachel is steady while I raise the bed a little please." Paige operated the bed controls.  "...there that should make sure you don't drown, let's put this pillow behind to prop you forward a little, and here, I'm holding the glass about 2 inches to the left of your good hand."

She held the glass steady knowing that it would hurt Rachel's feelings more if she tried to baby her and held the glass while she drank.  She, Rachel, was more than capable of holding the glass herself.

"Just let me know when you fully have hold, and when you want to put it down again there's a small cupboard 2 feet to your good side adjacent to the bed.  Like a nightstand."

Noticing the interaction between Mr Scott and Catrin she smiled.  "If when you've finished your drinks, or indeed take them with you, I'm off duty but I'm more than happy to sit with Rachel until the duty nurse comes on if you two want to scoot off.  Leonard, I'm sure you're dying to show Catrin around the ship!"  she smiled a knowing smile and pointedly sat on a chair next to the biobed.  She couldn't have said "Git..." more subtly if she'd tried...and she wasn't trying!

Offline Rachel Deacon

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 12:59:51 am »
[Sickbay]

Stark scarfed down the piece of chicken with all of his doggy enthusiasm, going on to thoroughly lick the hand to make sure that he had gotten every last atom of it and looking slightly disappointed that he had.  He put his head down on his paws again with a distinct 'woe is me' sigh.

The anesthizine was a welcome addition to the medicines already circulating through her bloodstream, dulling the pain just a little bit more.  Much more and she would be in that drugged sleep that she was starting to feel a need for.  Being able to sit up a little also helped, putting her in less of a vulnerable position than she had been, lying flat on her back.  Sitting as she was wasn't much better in terms of reactivity, but at least it was better.

Reaching out into thin air, her hand searched for the glass for a moment until the backs of her fingers touched the cool glass and she was able to take it, raising it to her lips for a sip.  The cold water cut through the after-sleep taste in her mouth and, a little to her annoyance, helped her to cling on a little harder to the world of consciousness.

Finding the table next to the bed required a little more effort on her part, only having one hand to both hold the glass and feel out her way, but after a few moments of awkward, embarrassed fumbling, she managed to put it down.  During that time, Paige had been none-too-subtly trying to dismiss the counsellor and the helmsman, but she wasn't really paying attention to that.

Offline Catrin Maddux

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »
Caitrin did as she was told to assist Dr. Wardropper. She took the opportunity to consider Ensign Scott's inquiry. A new friend would definitely help her settle in to life aboard the Athena.

"Alright Mr. Scott. Seems we're no longer needed here. I wouldn't say no to a bite to eat." She gave him an encouraging smile.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles