Final Scene of Internal Medicine in Sickbay

Started by Leonard T. Scott, August 31, 2016, 03:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonard T. Scott

[Sickbay]

He proceeded to sickbay where he looked for Deacon. She was resting on the biobed as the ship's counselor was talking. He was only able to see the back of the red-haired counselor.

"Excuse me ladies," Leonard started, "I'm just here to apologize to Ensign Deacon. I didn't mean to make you feel bad earlier, I was just trying to lighten the mood. Also, I'm terribly soory about causin' ya to break a bone."

His accent began to slip as the counselor turned and showed her face. He became a little flush as he tried to hide a bit of initial attraction.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Rachel Deacon

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on August 31, 2016, 03:04:23 AM

[Sickbay]

He proceeded to sickbay where he looked for Deacon. She was resting on the biobed as the ship's counselor was talking. He was only able to see the back of the red-haired counselor.

"Excuse me ladies," Leonard started, "I'm just here to apologize to Ensign Deacon. I didn't mean to make you feel bad earlier, I was just trying to lighten the mood. Also, I'm terribly soory about causin' ya to break a bone."

His accent began to slip as the counselor turned and showed her face. He became a little flush as he tried to hide a bit of initial attraction.

[Sickbay]

Slowly, Rachel had been beginning to relax with the counsellor next to her, allowing the tension to seep from her muscles and, while she wasn't yet comfortable enough to sleep, a light doze, maybe a cat nap, seemed like a good idea.  Or at least it did until she heard another, unfamiliar voice speak up.

She tried to bolt upright on the biobed, unwilling to be caught in a prone position, lying on her back and mostly naked apart from underwear and a blanket, but the movement was too much for her in that condition.  Pain lanced through her head and shoulder, reminding her just why she was in that position in the first place.  A small part of her mind wondered if she would be allowed to request another painkiller and possibly a sedative so that she could sleep through the majority of the residual pain.

Forced by her own body's weaknesses to lie back on the biobed, Rachel did consider putting her VISOR back on to try to determine who the owner of the new voice was, but she knew that doing so would only exacerbate an excruciating headache being partially held back by the modern wonders of medicine.  Instead, she had no other option but to ask: "Who's there?"

Primary Account: Archangel T'Koris on the Phoenix

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Rachel Deacon on August 31, 2016, 03:23:46 AM

[Sickbay]

Slowly, Rachel had been beginning to relax with the counsellor next to her, allowing the tension to seep from her muscles and, while she wasn't yet comfortable enough to sleep, a light doze, maybe a cat nap, seemed like a good idea.  Or at least it did until she heard another, unfamiliar voice speak up.

She tried to bolt upright on the biobed, unwilling to be caught in a prone position, lying on her back and mostly naked apart from underwear and a blanket, but the movement was too much for her in that condition.  Pain lanced through her head and shoulder, reminding her just why she was in that position in the first place.  A small part of her mind wondered if she would be allowed to request another painkiller and possibly a sedative so that she could sleep through the majority of the residual pain.

Forced by her own body's weaknesses to lie back on the biobed, Rachel did consider putting her VISOR back on to try to determine who the owner of the new voice was, but she knew that doing so would only exacerbate an excruciating headache being partially held back by the modern wonders of medicine.  Instead, she had no other option but to ask: "Who's there?"

"It's Ensign Scott," Leonard replied. "I was at the helm when we banged inna the wall o plana..." He paused. "Into the wall of the blood vessel of the planet."

The counsellor being there made him a bit nervous, but with that pause he was able to return to his corrected accent.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.

Paige Wardropper

P-Way outside Rachel Deacon's Quarters

Paige had finally managed to get down to see to Stark.  Being a sensible girl she'd replicated a few pieces of chicken knowing that the dog was partial to them.

She opened the door carefully as she didn't want the dog to bolt having been cooped up so long.

"Stark, easy boy!  It's your friend.....awwwwwwwwwwk!!!"

She didn't get to finish her sentence when she found herself flat on her back being given a thorough facial wash by said dog.

"Stark you mad pup! Gerroff!!! Here..." she said fishing in her pocket for a piece of the chicken, "... what have I got for good dogs?!"  waving it then tossing it to one side so she could get up.

Thankfully he followed it, ate it and then came and sat with a 'butter wouldn't melt, you know you want to give me more' look on his face at her feet.

"In a minute, I'm going to make sure you've had enough water, and then we'll take you down for a walk to see your mistress eh?!"

Rachel had obviously made sure that he had plenty prior to coming on duty that morning as his bowl was still about half full.  Paige looked around for Stark's harness and put it on.  He seemed to sense that playtime was over and he was now on duty and calmed straight down.

"C'mon then let's go find Mum, but you have to be good, she's got a poorly arm so no jumping up at her."

Turbolift --> Sickbay

Paige walked into Sickbay and was almost yanked off her feet by Stark as he picked up the scent of his mistress.

"Heel! Now be good or no more chicken!" she admonished.

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on August 31, 2016, 03:40:40 AM

"It's Ensign Scott," Leonard replied. "I was at the helm when we banged inna the wall o plana..." He paused. "Into the wall of the blood vessel of the planet."

The counsellor being there made him a bit nervous, but with that pause he was able to return to his corrected accent.

"My my Rachel, aren't we popular today, all these visitors and I've gone and brought you another one!! He's fine, I'm just sorry that duty was such that it's taken me so long to go see him and bring him to you.  No, Stark stay down.  He's by your left arm I brought him around that side so we could keep your right somewhat protected by over exuberant displays of canine affection like I was subjected to the second I got into your quarters.  At first I thought it was his guard dog tendencies until I got ah treated to the facial!"

Turning to the young woman in teal sat by the bed she said "I'm sorry we haven't yet been introduced, I'm Paige Wardropper.  I know Mr Leonard already."

Rachel Deacon

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on August 31, 2016, 03:40:40 AM

Quote from: Paige Wardropper on August 31, 2016, 11:47:00 AM

"My my Rachel, aren't we popular today, all these visitors and I've gone and brought you another one!! He's fine, I'm just sorry that duty was such that it's taken me so long to go see him and bring him to you.  No, Stark stay down.  He's by your left arm I brought him around that side so we could keep your right somewhat protected by over exuberant displays of canine affection like I was subjected to the second I got into your quarters.  At first I thought it was his guard dog tendencies until I got ah treated to the facial!"

Turning to the young woman in teal sat by the bed she said "I'm sorry we haven't yet been introduced, I'm Paige Wardropper.  I know Mr Leonard already."

The name didn't mean much to Rachel, but the event did.  The helmsman, she thought to herself.  Why he was apologising to her, she had no idea.  Under normal circumstances, she had noted that helmspeople didn't apologise for causing anyone to fall over.  It was just a part of being on the ship.

Before she could reply to him, the sound of claws on the deckplates caught her attention and thoughts of talking to the young officer were replaced by a faint smile crossing her face as a cold nose sought out her hand and the thump of a wagging tail banging into what must have been a nearby equipment trolley reached her ears.  Disobeying Paige's orders, Stark jumped up to put his front paws on the edge of the biobed, snuffling at her hand and then resting his head on her stomach, in prime position for her to be able to scratch his ears.

Just having the canine close to her seemed to help Rachel relax a little, seem a little more human in her displays of emotion.  "Thank you, Dr Wardropper.  Sorry about the greeting.  He does tend to get a little enthusiastic when he's not working."

Paige Wardropper

Quote from: Rachel Deacon on August 31, 2016, 08:23:42 PM

The name didn't mean much to Rachel, but the event did.  The helmsman, she thought to herself.  Why he was apologising to her, she had no idea.  Under normal circumstances, she had noted that helmspeople didn't apologise for causing anyone to fall over.  It was just a part of being on the ship.

Before she could reply to him, the sound of claws on the deckplates caught her attention and thoughts of talking to the young officer were replaced by a faint smile crossing her face as a cold nose sought out her hand and the thump of a wagging tail banging into what must have been a nearby equipment trolley reached her ears.  Disobeying Paige's orders, Stark jumped up to put his front paws on the edge of the biobed, snuffling at her hand and then resting his head on her stomach, in prime position for her to be able to scratch his ears.

Just having the canine close to her seemed to help Rachel relax a little, seem a little more human in her displays of emotion.  "Thank you, Dr Wardropper.  Sorry about the greeting.  He does tend to get a little enthusiastic when he's not working."

Sickbay

"Awww don't apologise Rachel, as far as exuberant welcomes go it was kinda cute.  If you need a side line offer to hire him out for doggie facials!" Paige joked.

"And since he knows me if you need a hand with taking him for walks or anything more personal for you with the break and I'm sure Dr. Vaughan has warned you off using the arm for a while, I'm more than happy to pop by your quarters to feed Stark or take him for a walk or..."

She didn't want to embarrass the woman knowing of her fierce independence and feeling that she'd prefer that she need not rely on others.

"...or anything else you might need assistance with." Paige finished lamely.  She didn't want to say '...you might need a hand dressing or getting a wash.'  Not in front of other people anyhow.

Rachel Deacon

Quote from: Paige Wardropper on August 31, 2016, 10:37:29 PM

Sickbay

"Awww don't apologise Rachel, as far as exuberant welcomes go it was kinda cute.  If you need a side line offer to hire him out for doggie facials!" Paige joked.

"And since he knows me if you need a hand with taking him for walks or anything more personal for you with the break and I'm sure Dr. Vaughan has warned you off using the arm for a while, I'm more than happy to pop by your quarters to feed Stark or take him for a walk or..."

She didn't want to embarrass the woman knowing of her fierce independence and feeling that she'd prefer that she need not rely on others.

"...or anything else you might need assistance with." Paige finished lamely.  She didn't want to say '...you might need a hand dressing or getting a wash.'  Not in front of other people anyhow.

[Sickbay]

Being reminded that she wasn't going to be able to use her arm for about a week, nor likely her VISOR for at least a couple of days, was not a pleasant prospect in the least.  As if sensing that displeasure, Stark shifted his head as if to remind his master that he was there.  Lifting her good hand, Rachel started a good rubbing of the canine's ears.

The offer of assistance, while very kind and generous of the doctor, grated against Rachel's very independant nature.  It would be extremely rude to snub her outright, however, so a slightly more diplomatic approach would be necessary.

"Thank you, Doctor Wardropper, I will bear that in mind.  I believe Doctor Vaughan has advised that I wear a brace for the following week in order to ensure that it heals well."

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on August 31, 2016, 03:04:23 AM

[Sickbay]

Quote from: Rachel Deacon on August 31, 2016, 03:23:46 AM

[Sickbay]

Quote from: Paige Wardropper on August 31, 2016, 11:47:00 AM

Turbolift --> Sickbay

Paige walked into Sickbay and was almost yanked off her feet by Stark as he picked up the scent of his mistress.

"Heel! Now be good or no more chicken!" she admonished.

Catrin felt a bit flustered, the sudden appearance of Ensign Scott brought a rush of surprising information and feelings. The latter of which she'd sort through later. Paige had brought a welcome distraction that allowed her to compose herself. "I'm Catrin Maddux, ship's counsellor. Afraid I've been a bit lax getting around to meet everyone." She apologized with a self-deprecating smile. "I'm still rather new to this all. It's a pleasure to meet you both."

At the back of her mind, she reviewed what Ensign Scott had said. Inside a planet's blood vessels? Was the planet the large thing she had sensed?  "Wait a minute. You're the maniac who was flying?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on September 01, 2016, 02:20:50 AM

Catrin felt a bit flustered, the sudden appearance of Ensign Scott brought a rush of surprising information and feelings. The latter of which she'd sort through later. Paige had brought a welcome distraction that allowed her to compose herself. "I'm Catrin Maddux, ship's counsellor. Afraid I've been a bit lax getting around to meet everyone." She apologized with a self-deprecating smile. "I'm still rather new to this all. It's a pleasure to meet you both."

At the back of her mind, she reviewed what Ensign Scott had said. Inside a planet's blood vessels? Was the planet the large thing she had sensed?  "Wait a minute. You're the maniac who was flying?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"But did ya die," Scott snapped back with a wide grin. "You cannae expect everythin to turn up roses, now can ye."

His accent slipped again, but he didn't mind. He was just pleased as punch she was talking to him.

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on September 01, 2016, 02:30:51 AM

"But did ya die," Scott snapped back with a wide grin. "You cannae expect everythin to turn up roses, now can ye."

His accent slipped again, but he didn't mind. He was just pleased as punch she was talking to him.

"Have you always been this 'self-assured', Mr. Scott?" Catrin was less than impressed with his cocky attitude, even if she was charmed by his accent. She took a deep calming breath. "My apologies. Sometimes my mouth gets the better of me and runs off without tact."

She ran a hand through her hair, as she felt rather sheepish. "This is only our first meeting and I'd hate it if we got off on the wrong foot and you all thought ill of me."

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on September 01, 2016, 02:51:48 AM

"Have you always been this 'self-assured', Mr. Scott?" Catrin was less than impressed with his cocky attitude, even if she was charmed by his accent. She took a deep calming breath. "My apologies. Sometimes my mouth gets the better of me and runs off without tact."

She ran a hand through her hair, as she felt rather sheepish. "This is only our first meeting and I'd hate it if we got off on the wrong foot and you all thought ill of me."

"Oi, now," Scott started. "You really should support your local pilot. I mean ya never know when you need to get from point 'A' to 'B' without getting lost in between."

He winked and jumped from one spot away from the bed back to it.

"See, 'A' to 'B' and not lost. So, anyway..."

Leonard trailed off a bit, hoping the humor got a laugh out of someone.

Paige Wardropper

Quote from: Rachel Deacon on September 01, 2016, 01:34:56 AM

[Sickbay]

Being reminded that she wasn't going to be able to use her arm for about a week, nor likely her VISOR for at least a couple of days, was not a pleasant prospect in the least.  As if sensing that displeasure, Stark shifted his head as if to remind his master that he was there.  Lifting her good hand, Rachel started a good rubbing of the canine's ears.

The offer of assistance, while very kind and generous of the doctor, grated against Rachel's very independant nature.  It would be extremely rude to snub her outright, however, so a slightly more diplomatic approach would be necessary.

"Thank you, Doctor Wardropper, I will bear that in mind.  I believe Doctor Vaughan has advised that I wear a brace for the following week in order to ensure that it heals well."

Sickbay

Aware of the discomfort that Rachel was in with being less than her usual independent self Paige nodded, then, realising Rachel wouldn't see that, said "I'm sure you won't be restricted for long, and it's better to be somewhat patient about these matters as it saves future trips, at least for the same injury, to the Sickbay.  Though I hope you bring Stark to visit us, we wouldn't want him missing his chicken treats now, would we boy?!"

The dog looked up hopefully at the word 'chicken' and Paige let out a laugh.  "No, Stark, you only got the other bit because I thought you might be less than friendly, and then you were overly friendly and I had to pitch it to get you off me so I could get up!! You've got me pegged as a soft touch and I assure you I'm not!!"

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on September 01, 2016, 02:20:50 AM

Turning to Ms. Maddux she said "Pleased to meet you, I think you were rather brought into this when we had a bit of a flap on so you're forgiven for not doing the rounds, you were doing what you needed to do most, and I'm sure we'll have more than enough time to catch up and chat about this reprobate!" she said trying not to giggle at Mr. Scott.
Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on September 01, 2016, 03:12:11 AM

"Oi, now," Scott started. "You really should support your local pilot. I mean ya never know when you need to get from point 'A' to 'B' without getting lost in between."

He winked and jumped from one spot away from the bed back to it.

"See, 'A' to 'B' and not lost. So, anyway..."

Leonard trailed off a bit, hoping the humor got a laugh out of someone.

The trying not to laugh failed utterly when he did his little hopping routine.  "And all without the aid of a transporter, how awesomely clever of you!! These wily Scots, got to watch them, they throw you mercilessly around the ship and then make you giggle uncontrollably!  It's a good job you're fun Mr. Scott, and that you have people like me, Dr. Vaughan and the medical crew to patch up people like poor Rachel here.  It's ok, I know you didn't mean it, I saw your face when it happen and 'mortified' doesn't quite cover it!  What say while it's very quiet bar us 4 in here I get us all a drink, yes Stark, if your mistress permits you can have treats too!, ok yes 5 of us in here you daft dog!," she said as Stark tried pushing his muzzle into her hand, "... and we relax a bit?! Liz.. Dr. Vaughan won't mind as..." she checked Rachel's notes, "...nope was just checking Rachel hasn't had anything where she can't have a cup of tea, coffee, juice etc. And far as I know you Ms. Maddux and Mr. Scott are hale and healthy!  So what's it to be?!"

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Paige Wardropper on September 01, 2016, 11:00:33 AM

Sickbay

Aware of the discomfort that Rachel was in with being less than her usual independent self Paige nodded, then, realising Rachel wouldn't see that, said "I'm sure you won't be restricted for long, and it's better to be somewhat patient about these matters as it saves future trips, at least for the same injury, to the Sickbay.  Though I hope you bring Stark to visit us, we wouldn't want him missing his chicken treats now, would we boy?!"

The dog looked up hopefully at the word 'chicken' and Paige let out a laugh.  "No, Stark, you only got the other bit because I thought you might be less than friendly, and then you were overly friendly and I had to pitch it to get you off me so I could get up!! You've got me pegged as a soft touch and I assure you I'm not!!"

Turning to Ms. Maddux she said "Pleased to meet you, I think you were rather brought into this when we had a bit of a flap on so you're forgiven for not doing the rounds, you were doing what you needed to do most, and I'm sure we'll have more than enough time to catch up and chat about this reprobate!" she said trying not to giggle at Mr. Scott.

The trying not to laugh failed utterly when he did his little hopping routine.  "And all without the aid of a transporter, how awesomely clever of you!! These wily Scots, got to watch them, they throw you mercilessly around the ship and then make you giggle uncontrollably!  It's a good job you're fun Mr. Scott, and that you have people like me, Dr. Vaughan and the medical crew to patch up people like poor Rachel here.  It's ok, I know you didn't mean it, I saw your face when it happen and 'mortified' doesn't quite cover it!  What say while it's very quiet bar us 4 in here I get us all a drink, yes Stark, if your mistress permits you can have treats too!, ok yes 5 of us in here you daft dog!," she said as Stark tried pushing his muzzle into her hand, "... and we relax a bit?! Liz.. Dr. Vaughan won't mind as..." she checked Rachel's notes, "...nope was just checking Rachel hasn't had anything where she can't have a cup of tea, coffee, juice etc. And far as I know you Ms. Maddux and Mr. Scott are hale and healthy!  So what's it to be?!"

"A nice scotch would be lovely," Scott replied. "I think it would be nice to get to know each other. Maybe a round of poker would be a fun way to do so. And, who knows, it might turn into a weekly thing."

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Paige Wardropper on September 01, 2016, 11:00:33 AM

Catrin hid her amusement, but still smiled at Dr. Wardropper. "I'd greatly appreciate a hot cuppa earl grey, Doctor. And if you'd like you can just call me Catrin or Cat."
Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on September 01, 2016, 04:18:22 PM

"A nice scotch would be lovely," Scott replied. "I think it would be nice to get to know each other. Maybe a round of poker would be a fun way to do so. And, who knows, it might turn into a weekly thing."

"As to your poker game, Mr. Scott, I hope you bluff better than you fly, or you'd best be prepared to lose your shirt." She gave him a cheeky wink, that belied her somewhat serious tone.

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on September 01, 2016, 06:02:58 PM

Catrin hid her amusement, but still smiled at Dr. Wardropper. "I'd greatly appreciate a hot cuppa earl grey, Doctor. And if you'd like you can just call me Catrin or Cat."

"As to your poker game, Mr. Scott, I hope you bluff better than you fly, or you'd best be prepared to lose your shirt." She gave him a cheeky wink, that belied her somewhat serious tone.

"Oh, you think you're good, huh," Scott replied with a grin. "We'll just see about that."

He winked back loving the banter.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.