Author Topic: Rose Grantwood - Reporting in 25.8.16  (Read 826 times)

Offline Rose Grantwood

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rose Grantwood - Reporting in 25.8.16
« on: August 25, 2016, 03:37:22 pm »
Character Name: Rose Grantwood
Characters Age: 19
Characters D.O.B: 9th April 2375
Character Image: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Women+with+Brown+Eyes&view=detailv2&&id=4D425B0C882419F6C551BE3DE99AA87657C847E3&selectedIndex=21&ccid=WNxWLrj1&simid=607992848547513366&thid=OIP.M58dc562eb8f5313ce4d8fe530b059bf1o1
Character Species: Human
Character Family:
Mother: Hazel Kriah (Cry-huh) (deceased)
Father: Lyle Grantwood
Brother (Younger): Tobias Grantwood
Grandmother: Zara Kriah
Character Bio: Born in the year 2375 Rose had lived a normal life with her Earthbound security man of a father and Starfleet pilot of a Mother. Up until the age of 5 Rose was an only child being taken care of mostly by her Father, with the help of Zene Kriah, Her grandmother. When her younger brother was born in 2380 Roses Mother remained on Earth for several years in a means to connect with her children. Getting to know her mother was a great pleasure for Rose as she had heard many stories about her travels but rarely got to see the pilot herself. For her, It was like meeting a brand new best friend. Additionally Hazel gave her daughter a little pet name. "Nebula." For Hazel claimed that no matter how far her ship travelled, the nebulas always fascinated her and reminded her of Rose. 
6 years later Hazel was required to come back to Starfleet. Being the ambitious adventurer she was, Hazel accepted. But not without acceptance from her family. The day when Hazel was to board the shuttle was an emotional day. With her children saying their final goodbyes Rose would never forget the last words she heard her mother say as she entered the shuttle. "See you soon, my little Nebula."
For the next 4 years the Grantwoods had been successful remaining in contact with Hazel as she travelled the stars. Telling them of her new journeys and the species' that they had encountered. Rose and Toby were always excited to get a message from Starfleet, as they knew their mother was calling.
Receiving a call from Starfleets Admiral, however, was either a blessing or a curse. In their case, It was a curse. The Admiral had request to inform the Grantwoods of their unfortunate situation. They had been informed that Hazel had contracted a disease from a nearby planet, as she was in the process of rescuing a squad, and passed away later in the week. The news hit Rose and Toby hard. Neither of them were equip to deal with death and the following months were filled with condolences, counselling and confinement. Though she did not know her mother well, Her death caused a black hole in her heart.
This, however, only made her more determined to enlist in Starfleet. If not to fulfil her dreams of exploring the universe, it was to carry on her mothers stories, with new ones that she would experience herself.

Your Details;
Previous Role-Playing Experience: I have Role-played fantasy roleplays, Warrior cat role plays and post-apocalyptic roleplays however I do have a little experience in sci-fi and adventure.
Department Preference: Flight Control
Secondary Department Preference: Operations
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Enlisted

Sample post: As the Grantwood family assembled around the circular oak table, that sat in the centre of the room, Roses gaze alternated between her fathers concerned glance, and her brothers confused look. "Dad..." She began, gaining the attention of the aging man before her, "I need to do this. I can't stay stuck on Earth when there's a whole universe out there just waiting to be explored." Extending her hand across the table she took her fathers palm and smiled a heart-warming smile that Rose had always possessed. "You won't have to worry about me Dad, I can take care of myself. I'll call whenever possible." Turning her head she made eye contact with her brother. Reaching out to him with her free hand she began to address Tobias. "You'll look after Dad won't you Toby?" replying with a cheerful nod Rose ruffled his dirty blond locks. It was then that her father spoke.
"You were always the adventurous one. Like your Mother." Lyle paused stroking the side of Roses cheeks. "I'm sure you'll do great." An uncontrollable smile extended along her face as she reached for her family before enchasing them in a reassuring hug.

Additional information: Don't mind which ship i'm assigned to :3

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Top roleplaying sites- SCI-FI

Archangel Koris

Re: Rose Grantwood - Reporting in 25.8.16
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 12:40:10 am »
Welcome to Shadow Fleet!

After reading through your application, I'm delighted to be able to offer you the position of Flight Control crewman on the USS Athena, with the starting rank of Crewman Recruit.  If this is acceptable, please report in to your new commanding officers, Captain Constance Lafayette and Commander Luke Stafford.

Once again, welcome!  I hope you enjoy your time here!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles