Author Topic: How Does Online Time Work?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How Does Online Time Work?
« on: August 12, 2016, 01:56:59 pm »
If you look at the board statistics towards the bottom of the main page you can see your online time, usage by hour, top posters, etc.

I generally leave my computer logged into Shadow Fleet 24 hours a day, but it doesn't seem to effect my online time.

Do I have to be actively browsing Shadow Fleet in order for it to count towards my online time? And what about my time on my mobile phone?

I am probably never going to overtake anyone in posts or anything else, but I have been trying to beat Archangel ( :P ) in online time for a while now.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How Does Online Time Work?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 03:23:54 pm »
I'm pretty sure that it logs it based on when you are actively using browsing shadowfleet as it probably calculates mouse clicks/key strokes and posts on the fleet itself.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 04:41:14 pm »
If you look at the board statistics towards the bottom of the main page you can see your online time, usage by hour, top posters, etc.

I generally leave my computer logged into Shadow Fleet 24 hours a day, but it doesn't seem to effect my online time.

Do I have to be actively browsing Shadow Fleet in order for it to count towards my online time? And what about my time on my mobile phone?

I am probably never going to overtake anyone in posts or anything else, but I have been trying to beat Archangel ( :P ) in online time for a while now.

Luke,

Can you create a screen shot of what you are talking about?

Thanks,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 04:45:38 pm »

Luke,

Can you create a screen shot of what you are talking about?

Thanks,

Kirok

Hey Kirok, I am unable to do so at this present moment. But if one goes to the main page, scrolls down to the "forum stats" icon (it's black and orange", clicks it, and then at the bottom of that page there is the "Most Time Spent Online" leaderboard. I think Daniel answered my question, however.

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 06:12:58 pm »
There is a way to exploit it but I am not saying how. Though one name on there will get nuked soon due to inflating his oblune time when he was an admin.

Besides that, I will check and see what all effects it when I get home...

Chris
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles