Author Topic: News & Announcements  (Read 12287 times)

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
News & Announcements
« on: August 05, 2016, 02:37:24 pm »
Good day fellow Tempest-ites! (hoping this will become a thing)

It's a pleasure to have each and every one of you aboard. Will and I are super excited to embark on this journey with you. We will be, over the course of several missions, be revealing an exciting and engaging story arch involving a rarely seen adversary... but more on that later. ;-)

We have taken the liberty of arching out the first season but we have several spots left in the season for you to showcase the missions that you want to play out. Please submit any ideas to myself and Will via pm in the following format;

Code: [Select]
[b]Mission Title[/b]:
[b]Synopsis[/b]:

[b]Starting Point[/b]:
[b]End Goal[/b]:
[b]Story points that must be passed?[/b]:

[b]Departments[/b]: (To make sure everyone has something to do.)
- Flight:
- Engineering:
- Operations:
- Security and tactical:
- Medical:
- Science:

Cant wait to see what you bring to the season! :-)

I know Will and I speak in unison when I say that we are committed to the players that make this sim possible. Please remember that we both have an open door policy and are happy to discuss anything at any point. We welcome your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Along those lines, we will also need a player representative to represent us for the site. If you are interested in the role please contact myself and Will via pm. If multiple individuals apply for the role we will open it up to a vote for everyone to partake in.

I think that about sums it up for now.

The boards will be open for all to post in shortly and we're looking forward to launching our first mission in the very VERY near future.

In the meantime, feel free to reach out if you need anything at all.

LLAP
Julia
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:19:59 pm by Julia Rellek »

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: News & Announcements
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 10:32:42 pm »
Meet and Greet

Good day Tempest-ites! A meet a greet thread has been setup in the mess hall and is open for everyone to post in. Drop by and say "hi." :-)

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 04:29:26 am »
Season One
Mission One
Launch

Hello Fellow Tempest-ites!

Mission one is up and ready to run! If you have any question please let myself or Will know. Looking forward to introducing our arch over the course of this month.

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 03:53:40 am »
Id Cards

For anyone who had an ID card prior to joining the Tempest.

Your updated ID card can be found here.

Special thanks to Captain Constance Lafayette for putting these together! :-)

Offline Ruth Sigurdsdottir

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • It's clearly illogical.
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 01:03:49 am »
Hello Tempest-ites!

So excited to be making this post (my first official 2O post heehee)!!

We need a ship representative, would any of you lovely people like to take on this role??

Please refer to this post for details on what it entails.

If you would like to do this then please shoot Julia, Will or I a PM and we'll choose the person we think most suited for the job or put it to ship wide vote in the event of more than one of you coming forward.

Be the voice of the Tempest! Let us be heard!

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 04:36:22 am »
Hello Tempest-ites!

We need your help! Almost time to make a POTM(Post of the Month) selection. We would love your help, I have my ideas... but did any posts jump out to you? Did they make you laugh? Make you cry? Make you think? Please feel free to PM Will, Ruth and myself with any nominations that you would like to make.

Kind Regards!
Julia

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 04:49:54 am »
Good Day Tempest-ites!

I would like to take a moment to thank Mr Hawk for volunteering to spearhead our after action reports! For anyone interested... after action reports will be located within the database section.

Thanks for all you do!
Julia

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 07:11:56 am »
Good Day Tempest-ites!

We have some promotions to celebrate.

Lieutenant James Hawk (Chief Sec/Tact)
Lieutenant JG Valisa Belmont (Medical Officer)

And last but not least....

Lieutenant JG K'Lizh will be taking on a new role as our Chief Operations Officer!

Congrats to everyone! Some well deserved promotions!

Keep up the good work!

Julia

Offline Klizh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • #MeowToo
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 04:56:22 pm »
Plot twist.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 03:07:17 am »

Just wanted to let everyone know that, effective next mission, we will officially have a second officer. Please join me in congratulating Lizzie Vaughan on her new role! We're thrilled to have her join the fleets leadership team.

Kind Regards!
Daren (AKA Julia)

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 03:28:53 am »
Congratulations Lizzie!!

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 02:56:05 am »

What a monumental announcement that one of our very own will be moving on to a bigger role on the site. Our very own James Hawke has graciously accepted a role as Executive Officer of the new ship in our fleet, the Shran. We are saddened to lose you but excited as step into the next phase of your RP journey here on Shadowfleet.

James/Enrique, I cant adequately express how appreciative I am to have had you along for the ride of the Tempest's maiden journey. Your advice and feedback has been invaluable and your presence in the nuts and bolts of running the SIMM will be truly missed. Hopefully we can arrange a cameo in the not so distant future... Season finale perhaps? :-)

Enrique prepared a short message that he asked me to share on the is awesome occasion...

Quote from: James Hawk
Dear Crew Members,

I am writing this message to the former crew in a bitter sweet matter.  I won't deny that part of me is excited about this new opportunity and another part of me is sad leaving such wonderful crew and friends behind.

I wanted to take a second and write to everyone and most of all thanking them for letting me being their Ship Representative.   I do hope that I proved myself worthy of your trust and that I served you all well.  Being your ship representative was a great honor and it is something that I will cherish about this website.

I wanted to write a small goodbye to all the members of the ship.

To: Ensign Ian Galloway – Thank you for coming into the ship.  You have been a great addition to our family and I do hope you can keep the ship and helm straight.

To  Ensign Ardyn Jaeger – You won't get rid of me that easily....you are coming with me.  Please don't crash us.

To Lieutenant James H Hawk – I had tons of fun RP with you.  We have been on the ship together for a long time.  Even thought it might be easier having us on different ship to tell us apart.  I do want to say that you have been a joy to play with. 

To Crewman S'Murr – I barely got to know you.  But I found your posting style excellent and I liked interacting with you.  The ship engines are in great hands.  Please don't break my ship!!

To Crewman Nathan Benjamin – I started getting a department when I am leaving.  I am trusting the ship safety to you and thank you for being part of the family.

To Lieutenant JG K'lizh  - You have a great sense of humour man.  We had some arguments in character and it was fun.  I did enjoy your presence and I think you have a great future on the fleet.

To Ensign Zed Masters – I can't write enough about the joy of having you on the ship.  We have both RP for a long time and I always like you being on the same ship as me.  In fact this writer is one of the reasons why I am here on this site and that is something that I will never forget.

To Ensign T'Prina – WE RP a handful of mission and I would your Vulcan to be funny and endearing.  I wish we had more opportunities to RP my illogical self with a calm Vulcan.

To Crewman Naga Rylu – WE did not properly finish the Arc in which your character hates me.  I found it to be interesting especially since I was going to write him clue less about what he did wrong.   I did enjoy our missions together and I think you will be a great officer and head of Science in the future.

To  Lieutenant JG Vasilisa Belmont – This writer is up there with the list of people that I could not write or say enough about them.  I love your character and I think your character kindness reflect your inner person which is very beautiful.  I do hope to cross path with you in the future

To Ensign Zex- Another character that will be my regret not to RP more with this character.  I though they could have a good heart to heart.

To Lt. Command Elizabeth Vaughan – Lizzie, we have been together in the Disco and now here.  You have been helpful, participating, good RP player and a good second officer.  You are a big part of the site and the fleet.  It has been a honor RPing with you.

To Commander William Waring    - Will after me leaving that would leave you the ship's most eligible bachelor and the best looking human on the ship.   On a serious note, I have enjoyed serving under your command and you have been a great team player.   

Finally, Julia Rellek – I have to say, when I first got into your crew we barely knew each other.  But this was been one of the best RP experiences in my life.  Thank you for letting me part of your crew.  Thank you for letting me the opportunity  of moving on. 

Everyone, I think this crew is phenomenal.  It has been a joy being with all of you.   I wish you the best in future adventures and maybe if the Command Staff approves I can guest star whenever you need me. 

Thank you for the wonderful memories,

Sincerely,

James

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 03:29:05 am »
Thank you for the kind words and best of luck to you as an XO!

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 04:48:38 pm »

Next month will bring a lot of change for us on the Tempest; a lot of positive changes. As Mr. Hawke moves on to bigger and better things that leaves some holes that need filling. We will have an open chief Engineer spot. But we have two excellent new engineers so I'm hopeful that that role could be filled by the end of our next mission. I really want to give some kudos to this team, y'all impress me every single day.

With that said. I have several promotions to announce that will be effective at the beginning of our next mission.

James Hawk

Lieutenant ---> Lieutenant Commander

James has been an integral part of our team and I think everyone would be surprised how much Mr. Hawk contributes out of mission along with the great work you all see in mission. He has become a true partner in running this simm and I'm excited to bring him into the fold of the senior most leadership team.

K'Lizh

Lieutenant JG ---> Lieutenant

K'Lizh is a force to be reckoned with at operations. He consistently offers high quality posts and supports our SIMM both in mission and out. He is always around to offer an idea or suggestion to really elevate a mission.

Naga Rylu

Crewman ---> Petty Officer Second Class (Chief Science Officer)

It's been such a pleasure to have you in science and we haven't had a CSO for some time. I had to do a little research, but courtesy of DS9, there is definitely precedent to make an enlisted character a department head. So congrats my friend!

Ian Galloway

Ensign ---> Lieutenant JG (Chief Flight Control Officer)

Ian joined us a very short time ago and has already made his mark on Shadowfleet. He has participated in fleetwide event and already racked up 129 good quality posts. I'm thrilled to put him in role as our chief helmsman.

There you have it! Make sure to change your rank avatars by the start of next mission. :-)

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 07:31:33 pm »
I just wanted to say that I'm already going to miss you guys, even though I've only been here for like barely one mission. But if you ever need me, feel free to message me.
You guys all rock!

-Ardyn

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles