Previous topic - Next topic

Joran Torel

Character Details

Character Name: Joran Torel
Character Age: 786
Character DOB: 7.5.1608
Character Image:
Character Species: El-Aurian
Character Family: Wife Lena, twelve children (three sons, nine daughters), two brothers (both older) and four sisters (one of them older). Except for one daughter (Tareen) are all dead.
Character Bio: Joran was born in a farmer village on El-Aurian homeworld and spent his childhood in the countryside. He moved to the nearest large city after he graduated from what we would call a grammar school and started studying engineering. He was never interested in interstellar flights and was living a satisfied life of a starship engineer, mainly designing and building propulsion systems for them. Until the doomsday, that is. He was one of the few lucky El-Aurians who escaped the Borg invasion and later in 2293 was one of the 47 survivors of the Lakul. Soon after he came to Earth he asked for a job in the shipyards and became technician assembling the ships' engines. Later he grew in positions to the rank of head of the propulsion department. During this time his life philosophy shifted a little and he became bored of doing the same job and interested in life in the wild, dealing with real problems, putting his knowledge and skills to a real use. So he asked the commander of the station for the letter of recommendation and enlisted to the Starfleet as a crewman. He was admitted in 2394.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: A lot of PnP RPG games, literally thousands of hours. Several forum based Star Trek games, one e-mail based Star Trek game (USS Galaxy)
Department Preference: Engineering
Secondary Department Preference: Science
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Enlisted

Sample post:

The ship was shaking from the hits it received from the enemy. It was difficult to keep steady while working, Joran had to dodge falling debris every once in a while, but he knew, that if he doesn't get the impulse engines running fast, they'll all die here. He didn't know, how many ships are attacking them, and he didn't care. The only important thing was to give the ship its agility. He didn't care about the wounded all around, he couldn't help them anyway. And even if he tried, he'd put the whole ship in jeopardy.

"Bridge the engine room. How're the impulse engines looking?"

"Just a minute more, captain, they're almost up."

"I'm not sure we have a minute, crewman. We're sitting duck here. Get the engines up now."

"OK, OK, I'm doing what I can, captain."

"I know you do. Bridge out."

Just after the communication was concluded, Joran clicked the console for the last time and the impulse engines went back online.

"Engine room to bridge. You have the engines now, captain."

"Good job, crewman. Bridge out."

'And now for the warp engines, in case we need to get out of here', thought Joran and walked over to another console, to get the warp engines running again.

Additional information: I was unable to add the picture, the button didn't work.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Google search for Star Trek forum games. First link in the list :-)

Archangel Koris

Welcome to Shadow Fleet!

After reading through your application, I'm delighted to offer you the position of Engineering officer on the USS Athena with the starting rank of Cadet.  If this is acceptable, please report in to your new commanding officers, Captain Constance Lafayette and Commander Luke Stafford.

As this is your first character with us, in order to reach the rank of Ensign, you will be  invited to take part in our officer training course, (which can easily be completed in a day or two).  Lt. Cmdr William Waring will be in charge of running your course. 

Joran Torel

I'm interested in an enlisted engineer, not an ensign. But I already solved it with the game's admins. And how shall I put the character's image into the text?

Archangel Koris

Quote from: Joran Torel on August 06, 2016, 10:25:16 PM

I'm interested in an enlisted engineer, not an ensign. But I already solved it with the game's admins. And how shall I put the character's image into the text?

Perhaps you mean with the CLOs?  In any case, my apologies!  I must have misread it.  That'll teach me to do apps late at night.  In any case, glad you got it sorted out, and enjoy playing on the Athena!

Character ID cards are currently being put together by Captain Lafayette.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.