News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Kyle Renston - 7/28/16

Started by Kyle Rennston, July 28, 2016, 03:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Rennston

Character Details

Character Name: Kyle Renston
Character Age: 27
Character DOB: March 4, 2367
Character Image: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Rivers?file=Seth_MacFarlane%2C_The_Forgotten.jpg
Character Species: Human
Character Family: Commander Jack Renston (Father), Lieutenant Commander Camille Renston (Mother).

Character Bio:
Kyle was born on the USS Oklahoma to his parents, who were senior officers in their respective departments of Medical (father) and engineering (mother). The  Oklahoma was a Galaxy class ship that primarily served as a diplomatic and research vessel. It occasionally got into a few scraps, here and there, but for most of his life, Kyle would remember little of any type of skirmish. From an early age, Kyle developed a keen interest in his academics. It wasn't so bad as to limit his development with other kids, but he was definitely seen as the braniac of the group. His interests were in the sciences. He was particularly interested in geology and biology at an early age, and later theoretical physics. His focus in high school and later college was in math and physics. Another interest he had became more of a hobby. He loved to read and most specifically, he liked to read history. While he would to go on to minor in archaeology, just for the fun of it, he primarily focused on physics. Kyle entered college at age 16 and graduated in his twentieth year, with a bachelor of science in physics. He later applied for entrance into Starfleet Academy to pursue one of his other dreams. With any luck, he'd soon be exploring space as his parents did.

Your Details
Attitude? Most days ;)

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Roughly seven years of experience as both a crewman and CO. I've played just about every department save science. I've not simmed in a couple years, but I thought I'd try it out again.
Department Preference: Science
Secondary Department Preference: Engineering
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

Kyle woke immediately from a restful slumber. He checked his chronometer, finding that it was only 0530. This was the third time this week that he'd awakened before his alarm went off. It was crazy! To be fair, he knew why he was excited. Today was the day he'd attempt to get into Starfleet Academy by taking their entrance exam. He'd been studying the expected coursework for months now, trying to make sure he was absolutely ready to knock this exam out of the park and hopefully find himself at the Academy in San Fransisco. It would certainly be a daunting task, but he was ready for it. He couldn't think of a better way to spend his life than to follow in his parents footsteps and join starfleet. His parents were both academics, as he was, so it was logical to him to follow their lead. He'd even got a recommendation from the Oklahoma's CO, Captain Harding. His parents were long serving members of the Oklahoma's staff, and Kyle had done his best to prove himself.

Today was the day! He'd gone to bed early, likely part of the reason he was such an early riser today. Kyle had an 0800 test time and he was sure to be on the way by 0700. He took his time getting to the Academy campus, the location of his entrance exam. He wanted to make sure he was on time, but also he wanted to be sure he was mentally prepared for the examination. He walked along the main courtyard, looking to and fro at all the cadets, professors, and other starfleet officers that he hoped to one day join the ranks of. He was nervous, to be sure, but it was something other than the typical tepdiness. He was ready to take his first step and he was sure he'd land on solid footing. Approaching what he'd been directed to as the exam hall, Kyle took a deep breath and took in the moment. This was likely the first step to an entirely new chapter in his life. A long chapter, he hoped!

Additional information:
I'd like to be on the commissioned track, but I understand it only comes along once every three months.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? I came across you guys from a email list, star trek rpg recruitment.

Archangel Koris

Welcome to Shadow Fleet!

Don't worry about the commissioned track.  We lost several files in a back up incident and have yet to update them, so there's no problem putting you down on it.

After reading through your application, I'm delighted to be able to offer you the position of Science officer on USS Athena with the starting rank of Cadet, if this suits.  If so, please report in to your new commanding officers, Captain Constance Lafayette and Commander Luke Stafford.

As this is your first character with us, in order to reach the rank of Ensign, you will be  invited to take part in our officer training course, (which can easily be completed in a day or two).  Lt. Hfran Falleg will be in charge of running your course.

Enjoy!

Julia Rellek

Welcome to Shadowfleet Kyle!

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Kyle Rennston

Fantastic! I'll report first thing after work tomorrow to both the Athena and OTC. Thanks very much!

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.