Rewired (Closed/Marco)

Started by Kali Reyes, July 20, 2016, 10:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco Benitez

Marco fired as the woman triggered the tool, reaction just took over and he stunned her.  "Dammit."  He muttered under his breath knowing that he had probably stunned a woman holding an engineering tool.  She didn't really tell him what it was and instead of doing so had decided to toy with it and with him.  Marco was not amused.

=^=  Benitez to transporter personnel, I need you to lock onto Crewmen Kali Reyes' combadge signal and deliver her straight to the brig, cell A11.  =^=

=^= Affirmative, signal found, transporting now.  =^=

He frowned angrily at himself but especially at Reyes.  Marco raked his hair back angrily making his scalp hurt but the pain was a welcome relief from the rage inside of him.  He'd have to report this to engineering and have them look at what she did.  In the meantime, he was going to go to cell A11 and give Miss Reyes a piece of his mind. 

Hi, I'm Matt and I'm a radar technician.

Kali Reyes

In the split second between getting stunned and her grinning like a loon, the humming of the reactor started clicking. But that was impossible. She already soldered the jig down to stop that.

Of course that's all she could process before her nerves were lit up like a Christmas special and she blacked out and crumpled into the shaft. Honestly, this wasn't the worst thing that had happened to her. Risa kind of took the cake with that.

But that clicking... no, that was scratching. She had no dreams when stunned, but her mind was still going three thousand light years a second over why. 

Marco Benitez

Marco was at the security brig within minutes and made his way to the cells.  Officers and crewmen alike avoided the tall crewman when they saw his face.  His normal scowl was replaced with fury and it was best just to leave him alone.  Still, the officer on duty had to ask though he winced as he did.  "You catch an intruder, crewman?"  His voice was mildly lowered and the officer felt almost childlike in his reaction.  He was a grown man, why did a crewman make him feel so stupid?

"It'll be in my report."  Marco hissed through clenched teeth before adding a very forced, "...sir."  He stopped only to respond and continued on his way to cell A11.  Laying neatly on the bed shelf in the cell lay Reyes' unconscious body.  His anger subsided slightly as he studied her, noting how beautiful she was when unconscious.  Perhaps because she was silent as well but he had to admire that beauty for a moment or two.  Suddenly, he didn't want to wake her too soon.  The base would be much peaceful if she just remained asleep.

Still, he had a job to do.  His fingers reached out and ignited the gas chemicals that would help her wake up.  Before the gas started working he was already barking into the intercom.  "Wake up, Crewman Reyes!"  Marco's raised voice would be the only sound inside the cell at the moment, "Get up!  So you can explain yourself before I charge you with trespassing and refusing to cooperate with starbase personnel."  He showed his teeth, "GET UP I SAID!!" 

Kali Reyes

[Brig - Cell A11]

Betazed had this quirk - the whole empathy of living beings and all. Well for Kali it was machines. The way each processor and circuitry hummed and connected, the little gears moving in unison. She wasn't sure if it was the little Vulcan genetic lottery that made this possible or perhaps she was just wired that way.

Machines were reliable. Stable. They didn't leave you alone in a home that was more of a museum than a house while they gallivanted the cosmos colonizing worlds for latinum and prestige - but enough of her daddy issues for one day.

All that mattered was all of her weirdness made her damn good engineer... and maybe a lousy Starfleet officer.

She ended up in the brig, didn't she? Vulcan metabolism stirred her long before someone came to get her, but not enough to bring her to full wake. Her knuckles brushed the metal floor and that was enough for the numbers and equations to bleed into her veins and straight up into her nervous system. The reactor core was crying out to her in worry.

"Wake up, Crewman Reyes!"  Marco's raised voice would be the only sound inside the cell at the moment, "Get up!  So you can explain yourself before I charge you with trespassing and refusing to cooperate with starbase personnel."  He showed his teeth, "GET UP I SAID!!"

It was like adrenaline shot up via hypospray. The gas did nothing but give her a bit of a headache. The man with the trigger finger and a hot temper. She twitched her nose and let out a low moan.

"Hmm... I bet you're a shouter in personal quarters," she mumbled out, her eyes still shut. "...Sir." She was a Starfleet officer after all. Some decorum for the chain of command, please.

Marco Benitez

Marco flushed slightly at her comment and it took him a while to figure out what she meant.  He exhaled and pinched the bridge of his generous nose.  Why did he always get the difficult ones?  "Crewman Reyes?"  He continued, his voice relentless in its loudness but he wanted answer.  "Get up and face me, crewman.  Let's get some answers out of you.  Fortunately, I have not contacted your department head."  He decided a change of tactic was in order, although he was still trying to figure her out.  Who would purposely piss off security?  "Now the base's engineers are going over what you did to the reactor and their report will be in soon.  So before we charge you with tampering and sabotage, I'll give you a chance to change my mind."

Kali Reyes

Marco flushed slightly at her comment and it took him a while to figure out what she meant.  He exhaled and pinched the bridge of his generous nose.  Why did he always get the difficult ones?  "Crewman Reyes?"  He continued, his voice relentless in its loudness but he wanted answer.  "Get up and face me, crewman.  Let's get some answers out of you.  Fortunately, I have not contacted your department head."

That opened her eyes. And here she thought she'd have her superior come and chew her out before collecting her. She turned her head and grinned. "How generous. Am I rubbing off on you already? I'm very good at that." Phrasing again. It's a wonderful thing.

"Now the base's engineers are going over what you did to the reactor and their report will be in soon.  So before we charge you with tampering and sabotage, I'll give you a chance to change my mind."

Kali swung her legs over the bed and stretched the stiffness up her back. She added a yawn for good measure just to spite him. "First you're all sweet on me and now you're invoking the whip. I can't wait to see the egg on your face when the report comes in that you took down a 120lbs woman with a soldering gun and then get back to-"

Hummmm-skrrrriiiiiiit! Electro-magnetic circuits were being tampered with. Eyes widening, Kali hopped off the bed and pressed her ear to the floor, hair askew. She sat back up, her mouth dry. "You don't have any dangerous aliens in any of the cells nearby, do you?"

And of course, like an air conditioner going out, the entire brig's power went offline.

Marco Benitez

Quote from: Kali Reyes on July 24, 2016, 08:57:52 PM

That opened her eyes. And here she thought she'd have her superior come and chew her out before collecting her. She turned her head and grinned. "How generous. Am I rubbing off on you already? I'm very good at that." Phrasing again. It's a wonderful thing.

Well that didn't take very long.  Marco stood close to the barrier and safe behind the force field that kept her away from him.  Not so much that she could overtake him physically but he wasn't so sure what she'd do emotionally.  They always did Á¢â,¬Ëœthings' to drive him crazy.

Damn bloody women!

Kali swung her legs over the bed and stretched the stiffness up her back. She added a yawn for good measure just to spite him. "First you're all sweet on me and now you're invoking the whip. I can't wait to see the egg on your face when the report comes in that you took down a 120lbs woman with a soldering gun and then get back to-"

Marco shrugged his lips and his shoulders, "More like 135, I'd wager."

Hummmm-skrrrriiiiiiit! Electro-magnetic circuits were being tampered with. Eyes widening, Kali hopped off the bed and pressed her ear to the floor, hair askew. She sat back up, her mouth dry. "You don't have any dangerous aliens in any of the cells nearby, do you?"

And of course, like an air conditioner going out, the entire brig's power went offline.

His mind quickly went through the prisoner roster at her question.  It was more of reflex, he hadn't planned on responding.  No, there weren't any dangerous aliens.  A couple of drunk officers.  One civilian that wasn't on the ship manifest roster and tried to sell illegal wares on the promenade.  Nope the most dangerous person in the brig at that time was right in front of him.

The shielding went down and Marco's hand was immediately on his phaser, except he didn't take it out.  No, his rage was now focus on Reyes.  He knew she had something to do with this power outage!  He just knew it was her!  Swiftly, he grabbed her by the front of her uniform, picked her up with a grunt and slammed her against the nearest bulkhead.  "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BASE!!!!!!!"  Marco screamed in her face, he was beyond furious, he was in a rage. 

Kali Reyes

The shielding went down and Marco's hand was immediately on his phaser, except he didn't take it out.  No, his rage was now focus on Reyes.  He knew she had something to do with this power outage!  He just knew it was her!  Swiftly, he grabbed her by the front of her uniform, picked her up with a grunt and slammed her against the nearest bulkhead.  "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BASE!!!!!!!"  Marco screamed in her face, he was beyond furious, he was in a rage.

She barely had a moment for her eyes to adjust to the darkness when she was grabbed and forcefully shoved against the bulkhead. A tiny cry left her lips before she could stop herself and pain raced up from her shoulder blades to the base of her skull. Stars danced alongside the numbers behind her eyes.

"Nothing," Kali panted, the numbers bouncing angrily in her head now to the point where it made her a bit confused. It was hard to shake off a possible concussion when you've got a security officer shouting in your face in the dark. "But I don't think it was the dampeners that was making that noise."

Her eyes finally adjusted and, with cautious steps, noticed her fellow cellmates cautiously moving out of their cells and into the hallway. "Um..." she whimpered. It was better than the alternative - like laughing. "The prisoners..."

Marco Benitez

Marco held her in place and didn't allow her to move any further.  He leaned in until he was almost nose to nose with her, "Don't worry about them."  His fist went knuckle white as he continued to grab at the material of her uniform.  He lowered his voice and could already hear the other security officers and crewman handle the situation.

The emergency lighting kicked in and someone called from the edge of the cell.  "Everything alright, Marco?"

"Splendid."  He growled in response but there was nothing else, whomever it was asking decided to just leave him to it.  Marco turned his attention back to Reyes.  "Explain yourself."  He adjusted his stance in case she tried to go for his nether regions but did not loosen his grip.  "And no more nonsense."

Kali Reyes

Marco held her in place and didn't allow her to move any further.  He leaned in until he was almost nose to nose with her, "Don't worry about them."  His fist went knuckle white as he continued to grab at the material of her uniform.  He lowered his voice and could already hear the other security officers and crewman handle the situation.

"Explain yourself."  He adjusted his stance in case she tried to go for his nether regions but did not loosen his grip.  "And no more nonsense."

Oh. Please don't. Or please do. Kali bumped the back of her head against the bulkhead a bit. This really wasn't the time to admire how amazing men could be with their deep voices and manhandling. She closed her eyes and counted to ten. He was still holding her up like a ragdoll. For someone that 'weighed' 135 pounds, he certainly had no problem holding her up. Jerk.

How could she explain the numbers or the way she could feel when a machine was tampered with multiple levels below her very feet? She settled for a stupid answer.

"I didn't do anything!" And what was this? A Starfleet-approved Klingon interrogation technique? Where was her due process? Innocent until proven guilty? "But you definitely got a rat scrambling around somewhere in the Jefferies tubes and I highly, highly, highly suggest you get someone down there and deal with it before it gnaws on the gravitational systems or something!"

And she really didn't want to deal with gravity. She had motion sickness.

Marco Benitez

She stuck to her story and Marco was pressed to believe her.  It was times like these that he wished he was a Betazoid; then again perhaps not.  Who knew what went on in this woman's mind?  If anything she seemed to be getting off on his rough treatment of her.

Strange.

Marco let her go by releasing his grip.  He kept his open hands held up and ready to pounce once again if he needed too.  "The only rat I see is you, Miss Reyes."  He took her by the upper arm, his hand easily wrapped itself around it.  She was small and a twinge of guilt washed through him.  Perhaps he was handling her a bit too rough?  Still, if she was responsible for this mayhem then it wasn't rough enough.  If she wasn't, then he'd apologize.  For now he had no option.

"Come with me, Miss Reyes."  He began to tug her towards the opening of the cell.  During his interrogation he hadn't realized that there had been a ruckus outside of the cell.  As soon as his nose made it across the threshold someone fired on him.  Again reflexes saved him as he moved backwards, taking Kali with him.  He pushed her behind him as his phaser quickly showed up in his hand.

"I know you're th-there!"  Someone cried out from the dark, masculine and quite nervous.  "D-drop your weapon!"

Marco growled and grit his teeth angrily.  His blood pressure couldn't handle much more of this Á¢â,¬Ëœexcitement'.  It sounded like the civilian they had accosted.  He muttered under his breath.  "Typical."

Kali Reyes

An insult to rats, her godfather would say and she visibly pouted at Mr. Anger Management. But that wasn't the end of the mandhandling, no siree. He grabbed her hard by the arm and physically drag her off which she totally had no problem with.

Except she kind of did. Because she was innocent. Her only crime was passion - her maternal instincts kicking in for radioactive, spacefaring, inanimate object.

The cooing stuck in her throat turned into a strangled cough when she was suddenly shoved aside for an expectant phaser fight and forget that she didn't want to be shot at! Using the officer as a meat shield, Kali pressed against his back, her fingers clinging to his uniform like a vice.

That voice. So meek and pathetic. It hit her like a starship hitting a planet at warp 10.

"Dijon?" she exclaimed over the officer's shoulder. "Dijon Mustard?!"

Marco Benitez

What did condiments have anything to do with things?

Marco frowned and turned towards Kali a look of baffled frustration on his face.  He was afraid to ask if she knew this guy, afraid that she would say yes and that there was more sinister things going on than he knew about.  Still, security begged to ask and he turned around, took her once again by the upper arm and brought her close to him.  As he pressed her body up against his he leaned in and whispered in her ear.  "Do you know this man?  Tell me?!"  He hissed, then straightened and called out to the gunman.

"You won't make it out!  So you better put that weapon down and give up."  Marco's voice was loud enough to be heard and he aimed his weapon towards the threshold, in case Mr. Mustard decided to try something.  He looked down at Reyes his eyes narrowed and direct as he continued to convince the gunman, "It will go better for you, friend, if you give up now.  You do NOT want to make me angry."   

Kali Reyes

What did condiments have anything to do with things?

Marco frowned and turned towards Kali a look of baffled frustration on his face.  He was afraid to ask if she knew this guy, afraid that she would say yes and that there was more sinister things going on than he knew about.  Still, security begged to ask and he turned around, took her once again by the upper arm and brought her close to him.  As he pressed her body up against his he leaned in and whispered in her ear.  "Do you know this man?  Tell me?!"  He hissed, then straightened and called out to the gunman.

The smuggler lowered his weapon a fraction and gaped. "Reyes? Seven hells, is that you?!"

She would have answered him if she wasn't flinching from the manhandling again. There was only so much she could handle in a day before she seriously believed she was some kind of prop. "Yeah, I know him! Like an eternity ago!" she scoffed, then turned to Dijon. "Met him before I got shipped to Starfleet. Just a random buddy. You know, teenage regrets. Hung out with the wrong colony squatters. The usual."

Dijon stared at her with disbelief. "We were engaged six months ago!"

"I had five cups of hot chocolate when you proposed!" she snapped and pointed accusingly at him. "I said yes out of duress!"

"You proposed to me!"

Kali blinked and then rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "Oh. Still under duress. It's not valid if you were drunk, Dijon." He had never been the brightest bulb she had a relationship with, but he did rock some nice abs back in the day.

"You won't make it out!  So you better put that weapon down and give up."  Marco's voice was loud enough to be heard and he aimed his weapon towards the threshold, in case Mr. Mustard decided to try something.  He looked down at Reyes his eyes narrowed and direct as he continued to convince the gunman, "It will go better for you, friend, if you give up now.  You do NOT want to make me angry."

Dijon very nearly relieved himself with fear, but didn't drop the stolen phaser. "You should come with me, Kali!" he decided in a panic. "I didn't want to do this, but Sweet already broke through the circuit breakers to get me out."

"Sweet Relish is here too?" Boy, did she not want to cross him, but at least it proved that she didn't cause the blackout. "I got drafted, Dijon. I can't exactly run off into the nearest nebula with you. I'm a big girl now. Got a shiny combadge and everything to prove it."

Marco Benitez

Marco winced with disgust, but he got more information than he thought he would.  He looked down at Kali and almost laughed, "Who'd marry you?"  His mouth twitched into something close to a smirk but it was just a flash and soon disappeared.  He shook his head, finding the woman incredibly interesting all of a sudden.  However, a man like dijon mustard did seem her type; and he seriously doubted that was the man's real name.

As Kali distracted the gunman another security office snuck in from behind and disposed of him with a quick and well aimed phaser blast.  Dijon Mustard fell forward unconscious and Marco took a deep breath.  "Nice shot, ensign, but he was about to tell us where the other one is!!!"  He couldn't be too angry, however, the gunman was disposed.

He turned to Reyes once again and studied her face before speaking, "It seems, Miss Reyes, you are going to be needed by security."  Marco released his hold on her and pushed her in front of him.  "Go on."  He pointed at her with his phaser, "Let's go find a little relish."

The security man huffed, "What was your name, by the way."  He pressed a large finger on her shoulder and spurred her forward, now that the danger was gone, "Ketchup?  No wait, something a bit more tuned to your surname..yeah, hot sauce.  Is that it?   Did I get it right?  Are you hot sauce?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.