Author Topic: Lunch Break  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lunch Break
« on: July 15, 2016, 03:48:09 pm »
[Mess Hall]

It was lunchtime the station.  At least according to Zex's internal cloak it was.  So she headed to the mess hall for come much needed nourishment.

She had been craving Deltan musk fungus for days now.  The replicators didn't do such a great job of making it.  In fact, it typically turned out like tasteless mush.

But she had finally 'persuaded' one of the cooks to prepare it for her.  And today was the day her carving would be satisfied.  Or so she hoped.

Zex entered the mess hall and walked directly up to the cook.  To her delight, he was waiting with a plate full of fresh Deltan musk fungus and a refreshing beverage.  She winked her thanks to the man and carried her prize to a small table where she planned to enjoy at least one of the comforts of her home.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Marco Benitez

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • New Sheriff in Town
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lunch Break
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 04:25:30 pm »
Mess Hall

Hi, I'm Matt and I'm a radar technician.

Blokimus

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 08:37:31 pm »
Chris entered the mess hall without looking up from his padd and made his way towards a replicator. Once he got there he order a coffee, once it was ready he collected it and turned towards an empty table.

Making his way across the room he still didn't look up from his padd so he wasn't paying attention to where he was going which meant he bumped into the tall angry looking security officer and spilled his coffee over the floor and his own uniform.

"I am so sorry sir, I was too focused on my report."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 10:20:53 pm »
Mess Hall

Chris entered the mess hall without looking up from his padd and made his way towards a replicator. Once he got there he order a coffee, once it was ready he collected it and turned towards an empty table.

Making his way across the room he still didn't look up from his padd so he wasn't paying attention to where he was going which meant he bumped into the tall angry looking security officer and spilled his coffee over the floor and his own uniform.

[Corridor]

Zex looked up at Marco and batted her long brown eyelashes.  She was chewing a mouthful of fungus when Chris bumped into the Sec/Tac Crewman.  A comical turn of events if there ever was one.

Zex naturally laughed.  In fact, she laughed so hard that chewed Deltan musk fungus flew out of her mount.  And onto Marco's uniform and shoes.

"Sorry" Zex said as she brought a napkin up to her mouth.  She laughed nervously again behind the napkin.  "Really, I'm sorry.  But it funny.  Right?" she glanced at Chris for confirmation. 

Offline Marco Benitez

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • New Sheriff in Town
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 11:48:19 pm »

Marco had seen the cadet from his peripheral vision and raised a hand to stop him.  The man bumped into Marco's outstretched hand spilling his drink over himself and fortunately not on Marco.  He scowled down at the man annoyed at his absentmindedness and clumsiness but he said nothing as Zex chimed in. 

[Corridor]

Zex looked up at Marco and batted her long brown eyelashes.  She was chewing a mouthful of fungus when Chris bumped into the Sec/Tac Crewman.  A comical turn of events if there ever was one.

Zex naturally laughed.  In fact, she laughed so hard that chewed Deltan musk fungus flew out of her mount.  And onto Marco's uniform and shoes.

"Sorry" Zex said as she brought a napkin up to her mouth.  She laughed nervously again behind the napkin.  "Really, I'm sorry.  But it funny.  Right?" she glanced at Chris for confirmation.

Hi, I'm Matt and I'm a radar technician.

Blokimus

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 05:31:42 pm »
Chris couldn't help but smirk at Marco as he growled at him before turning to leave and then turning to Zex.

"Hello I'm Chris, mind if I join you?"

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 11:44:59 pm »

Zex watched in embarrassment as Marco placed the chewed up fungus back on her plate.  Luckily he had placed it on the edge of the plate.  Maybe she would eat it later given that she had not 'food issues' like some people did - but not in front of Marco.

Fortunately, Marco had kept his composure which was more than she could say for herself.  But given their complicated roller coast like friendship, she owed it to him to try to be professional.  "I'll be down as soon as I finish here, Crewman" Zex finally replied with a straight face.

Chris couldn't help but smirk at Marco as he growled at him before turning to leave and then turning to Zex.

"Hello I'm Chris, mind if I join you?"

"Please" Zex replied.  She indicated an open seat at the table.  "Im Zex, Medical Officer and apparently resident trouble maker" she added with a small chuckle.  "Do you need a napkin?" she asked.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles