Author Topic: Fourth SIMM ship class  (Read 22256 times)

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fourth SIMM ship class
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2016, 06:45:10 pm »
*Compiles list of every federation starship in existance, as well as choices from other factions*

I'd say if we get a good list of five to ten then we can have a vote.

So far ones I've seen that people seemed to go for:

1) Defiant (Just bring the Monitor online as it's own instead of Starbase?)
2) Ambassador/Ambassador Refit
3) Excelsior/Excelsior Refit
4) Sabre
5) Nova/Rhode Island
6) Prometheus
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2016, 06:47:37 pm »
*Compiles list of every federation starship in existance, as well as choices from other factions*

I'd say if we get a good list of five to ten then we can have a vote.

So far ones I've seen that people seemed to go for:

1) Defiant (Just bring the Monitor online as it's own instead of Starbase?)
4) Sabre
5) Nova/Rhode Island
6) Prometheus

I love the list, but I would consider striking the defiant class. Given the current missions we are running I feel like it would be a real struggle to plan missions for.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
  • Currently on Special Assignment
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2016, 06:49:38 pm »
I love the list, but I would consider striking the defiant class. Given the current missions we are running I feel like it would be a real struggle to plan missions for.

Seconded

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2016, 06:55:05 pm »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2016, 07:04:09 pm »

Defiant stuff

For some reason, Defiant class vessels are none too popular. I don't see why. I think it's the perfect support vessel for a station. But if we are going with a whole new SIMM then yeah, I'd vote to strike it.

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2016, 07:05:46 pm »

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2016, 07:14:53 pm »
OK that gives us Five.

1) Prometheus
4) Sabre
5) Nova/Rhode Island
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2016, 07:15:04 pm »
For some reason, Defiant class vessels are none too popular. I don't see why. I think it's the perfect support vessel for a station. But if we are going with a whole new SIMM then yeah, I'd vote to strike it.

It's because the Defiant was designed to spread hate and discontent....

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2016, 07:21:17 pm »
It's because the Defiant was designed to spread hate and discontent....

I played one before and loved it. I just feel like it doesn't work here. #defiantlove

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2016, 07:22:22 pm »
I played one before and loved it. I just feel like it doesn't work here. #defiantlove

Oh it will work....lol.

Any other class submissions before we throw the poll up?

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2016, 07:24:19 pm »
Oh it will work....lol.

Any other class submissions before we throw the poll up?

Norway was mentioned twice in the thread... but kind of falls in the same category as Sabre.

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2016, 08:19:07 pm »
Of note: Prometheus was shown at a later date in ENT in the scene aboard the Enterprise J. It was shown to be in service (along with a Dauntless-class and, randomly, a nova class.) during the 26th century Battle of Procyon V. I would LOVE to see a Prometheus or Dauntless class, non-prototype, in the mix.

If we did a Prometheus, it doesn't need MVAM. HOWEVER, I will point out that it gives flight a lot more to do (something we often lack) as well as potentially gives more authority to the XO and second officer as they could each command part.

And I still vehemently oppose a nova/rhode island. Please see the early pages as to why (wrote several posts on it). Short version, "Not big enough to be a 'big ship', not small enough to be a 'small ship', and it doesn't have anything unique about it to split the difference." If others want it however- I am just one voice.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2016, 08:37:17 pm »
Thank you everyone for your input. The poll is up with 7 selections.

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2016, 09:36:54 pm »
Of note: Prometheus was shown at a later date in ENT in the scene aboard the Enterprise J. It was shown to be in service (along with a Dauntless-class and, randomly, a nova class.) during the 26th century Battle of Procyon V. I would LOVE to see a Prometheus or Dauntless class, non-prototype, in the mix.

If we did a Prometheus, it doesn't need MVAM. HOWEVER, I will point out that it gives flight a lot more to do (something we often lack) as well as potentially gives more authority to the XO and second officer as they could each command part.

And I still vehemently oppose a nova/rhode island. Please see the early pages as to why (wrote several posts on it). Short version, "Not big enough to be a 'big ship', not small enough to be a 'small ship', and it doesn't have anything unique about it to split the difference." If others want it however- I am just one voice.

Since there isn't a lot in canon that we have to stick to we could easily just work under the assumption that the MVAM never made it out of the testing phase.

I agree. I don't like the chance that it will be abused.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles