Dinner Among Friends (open to all)

Started by Kirok, June 13, 2016, 04:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Kirok on June 22, 2016, 06:29:29 PM

Kirok's right eyebrow arched slightly.  An eyebrow which was now broken by a wide scar.  How to accurately answer that question.  Especially in such a public area?

The half Vulcan was silent for a long moment as he consider his response.  "There have been many changes since you were last with us" he said diplomatically.  "But I truly believe that the fleet is stronger than ever.  And better now that you have returned" he added as he lifted his glass as if to toast.

Mess Hall
Dan smiled as Kirok replied in a very Vulcan fashion. "It's good to be back Sir and I hope to stay this time."

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Kirok

Quote from: Daniel Howell on June 23, 2016, 09:17:22 PM

Mess Hall
Dan smiled as Kirok replied in a very Vulcan fashion. "It's good to be back Sir and I hope to stay this time."

"Nothing would delight me more" Kirok replied.  "Hopefully we will get the opportunity to work together again.  Perhaps soon" he said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Alexander Wu

Quote from: T'Lara on June 22, 2016, 11:40:24 PM

T'Lara watched as Wu and Harriman sat down near her. Finished with her meal, she took a sip of her drink and moved a little closer. Making eye contact with both of them she spoke.

"May I join you?"

Alex turned towards the lieutenant who approached them, giving her a quick smile and rising to pull out a chair. "Please do." He replied, waiting for her to sit before resuming his own. "T'Lara, right? I was a little disappointed to see your name on the transfer list. How do you like the Phoenix so far?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 23, 2016, 04:00:30 PM

"Alright, Commander."  Jamie smiled at him and made a gamble.  "Would you like to go right now, or..."  She looked around at the other officers, most of whom seemed to know Cayden well.  "...would you prefer to chat with some old friends."

She turned towards him and grinned, letting him know that she would not be upset if he decided to stay.  "We could just do a raincheck on it, though, I'm not sure when the Athena will dock here again."  She shook her head, "We don't have too, I could just send you all the information if you'd like. "

Jamie hated to give him an easy out, but then again she didn't want him to think she was trapping him either.  So, if he really wanted to go, then it was because he did, not because he felt obligated.  However, she had a feeling that if he just didn't want to do something, Commander McConnell just would not.

Cayden cracked a slight smile at the Ensign. He admired her forwardness but he also had to maintain his distance. To him, she knew a reflection of his personal file and a scraps of information that were made public. Once she got to know him, she may not like the person that he was.

"Perhaps we could do it another time. Say, after dinner this evening?"

Drinking the last dregs of his coffee, he set the empty cup on the table and looked around.

"Besides, wouldn't you like to catch up with some of these lovely people?", He said, nodding to the growing group in the replimat.

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on June 24, 2016, 08:26:27 PM

Cayden cracked a slight smile at the Ensign. He admired her forwardness but he also had to maintain his distance. To him, she knew a reflection of his personal file and a scraps of information that were made public. Once she got to know him, she may not like the person that he was.

"Perhaps we could do it another time. Say, after dinner this evening?"

Drinking the last dregs of his coffee, he set the empty cup on the table and looked around.

"Besides, wouldn't you like to catch up with some of these lovely people?", He said, nodding to the growing group in the replimat.

Jamie lifted a refined eyebrow and stifle the grin that pulled on the edges of her lips.  "After dinner?  I thought you were busy and couldn't stay too long?"  She drifted into her memories to recall the words Cayden had said to Kirok.  Did she hear him wrong or was it just an attempt not to stay longer than necessary?  Either way, she did want him to join her after dinner.  "After dinner sounds fine to me if that's what you want."

She looked around but other than Dylan and a few members of the Athena crew there was no one she needed to Á¢â,¬Ëœcatch up' with.  Jamie shook her head and shrugged her lips as she lifted the coffee up to her lips.  "Nah, I'm fine.  You do what you need to do."  She assured him, "I'm staying here and contemplate if I want another slice of cake." 

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

T'Lara

Quote from: Alexander Wu on June 24, 2016, 08:02:41 PM

Alex turned towards the lieutenant who approached them, giving her a quick smile and rising to pull out a chair. "Please do." He replied, waiting for her to sit before resuming his own. "T'Lara, right? I was a little disappointed to see your name on the transfer list. How do you like the Phoenix so far?"

T'Lara sat down and took a breath, preparing for the unavoidable pleasantries.

"Yes," she nodded, "I am called T'Lara." She thought about his question. "I believe I have had a positive experience on the Phoenix so far. Since this transfer to the Phoenix was my fifth, I believe I have gotten used to adjusting to a new ship and crew." 

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Kirok on June 23, 2016, 09:47:38 PM

"Nothing would delight me more" Kirok replied.  "Hopefully we will get the opportunity to work together again.  Perhaps soon" he said.

"Indeed I hope so to." Replied Howell, completing his sentence with a small smile saying "I guess that will be up to Command."

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Kirok

Quote from: Daniel Howell on July 03, 2016, 12:12:24 AM

"Indeed I hope so to." Replied Howell, completing his sentence with a small smile saying "I guess that will be up to Command."

"You would be right about that.  Command and the Fates" Kirok replied.  "They have managed to reunited us here.  Perhaps they will intercede on our behalf in the future" he added.

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 25, 2016, 01:43:10 PM

Jamie lifted a refined eyebrow and stifle the grin that pulled on the edges of her lips.  "After dinner?  I thought you were busy and couldn't stay too long?"  She drifted into her memories to recall the words Cayden had said to Kirok.  Did she hear him wrong or was it just an attempt not to stay longer than necessary?  Either way, she did want him to join her after dinner.  "After dinner sounds fine to me if that's what you want."

She looked around but other than Dylan and a few members of the Athena crew there was no one she needed to Á¢â,¬Ëœcatch up' with.  Jamie shook her head and shrugged her lips as she lifted the coffee up to her lips.  "Nah, I'm fine.  You do what you need to do."  She assured him, "I'm staying here and contemplate if I want another slice of cake."

Cayden smiled at her for a moment and lightly tapped his fingers on the tabletop.

"Yes. After dinner. Perhaps we could grab a coffee or something." He said, feeling a bit awkward.

"Besides, I can follow up with the engineering team for the Monitor, when I return to my quarters this evening. So whatever you'd like to do. I'm at your discretion."

Looking at the others, he was glad to see that the new comers were getting to know people and he was glad to see Kirok catching up as well.

Sliding his empty coffee cup to the end of the table, he debated on whether or not to get a refill or not.

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Chris Newberry

A few moments later, Chris walks into the diner in his civilian wares hoping not to be recognize. Looking around, he was lucky only two or three in here would know him for who he was. Lucky on his side, he was a very reclusive Admiral, so his face wasn't in the spotlight much, except on Earth.

Moving towards the bar counter, his tail whipping thru the air. He finally took a seat at the bar and ordered a cold water. A few moments later one was sitting in front of him as he viewed who all came. He did recognize his XO at the other end of the bar, but no one notice his entrance. That was a little fine for him as his eyes were set on the water.

He started picking it up and taking a slip when some called to him...

TAG: Kirok

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Kirok

Quote from: Chris Newberry on July 03, 2016, 01:34:15 PM

A few moments later, Chris walks into the diner in his civilian wares hoping not to be recognize. Looking around, he was lucky only two or three in here would know him for who he was. Lucky on his side, he was a very reclusive Admiral, so his face wasn't in the spotlight much, except on Earth.

Moving towards the bar counter, his tail whipping thru the air. He finally took a seat at the bar and ordered a cold water. A few moments later one was sitting in front of him as he viewed who all came. He did recognize his XO at the other end of the bar, but no one notice his entrance. That was a little fine for him as his eyes were set on the water.

He started picking it up and taking a slip when some called to him...

TAG: Kirok

Kirok saw Chris stilling at the bar.  It was a rare occurrence to see the man in public.  Almost as rare as seeing a Vulcan laugh.

But here the man was, just feet away.  And the Vulcan/Betazoid hybrid wanted to pay his respects to the the Fleet Admiral.  A man who a long term friend and the now the backbone of the fleet.

Kirok stood and motioned for Howell to follow him.  "Admiral, it is agreeable to see you again" Kirok said.  He offered the man a reverent bow.

Chris Newberry

Quote from: Kirok on July 03, 2016, 03:18:16 PM

Kirok saw Chris stilling at the bar.  It was a rare occurrence to see the man in public.  Almost as rare as seeing a Vulcan laugh.

But here the man was, just feet away.  And the Vulcan/Betazoid hybrid wanted to pay his respects to the the Fleet Admiral.  A man who a long term friend and the now the backbone of the fleet.

Kirok stood and motioned for Howell to follow him.  "Admiral, it is agreeable to see you again" Kirok said.  He offered the man a reverent bow.

Chris put down his water he was slipping from on the bar counter and turned to see the newly reinstalled Captain Kirok. It has been a while since he'd been since in Starfleet after retiring back to Vulcan. Longer then I was secluded back on Earth it seemed.

"It's a pleasure to see you again Kirok. I see you have accepted the reins of Captain again." Chris greeted him before looking towards Mr. Howell. "I don't believe we have met before; I'm Fleet Admiral Newberry, Commander of Columbus."

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on July 03, 2016, 07:38:31 AM

Cayden smiled at her for a moment and lightly tapped his fingers on the tabletop.

"Yes. After dinner. Perhaps we could grab a coffee or something." He said, feeling a bit awkward.

"Besides, I can follow up with the engineering team for the Monitor, when I return to my quarters this evening. So whatever you'd like to do. I'm at your discretion."

Looking at the others, he was glad to see that the new comers were getting to know people and he was glad to see Kirok catching up as well.

Sliding his empty coffee cup to the end of the table, he debated on whether or not to get a refill or not.

Jamie looked back at Cayden, staring into those blue eyes as if they were the only things and at the moment they were.  It didn't take long, however, to make that stare turn a bit awkward and she looked down at the crumbs on her plate.  "That sounds like an excellent idea, Commander."  She smiled and looked up again, then tilted her head slightly as she tried to read him.

"I don't know, Commander, discretion isn't my forte."  Jamie smiled at him and tucked a strand of dark hair behind her ear.  It seemed like a habit of hers, especially when she was nervous or about to put her foot in her mouth.  "I mean if you really mean that, I'd pull you right out of here and take you directly to my lab.  Or we can talk in your quarters, or mine..."  Her finger traced the rim of her coffee cup as she looked down for a moment, a count of two before shrugging and adding.

"So, I'd advise that you don't leave things to my discretion, Commander."  She grinned, and placed her hands on her lap, "Would you like me to fill that cup for you or are you done with your coffee?"

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Kirok

Quote from: Chris Newberry on July 03, 2016, 07:01:25 PM

Chris put down his water he was slipping from on the bar counter and turned to see the newly reinstalled Captain Kirok. It has been a while since he'd been since in Starfleet after retiring back to Vulcan. Longer then I was secluded back on Earth it seemed.

"It's a pleasure to see you again Kirok. I see you have accepted the reins of Captain again." Chris greeted him before looking towards Mr. Howell. "I don't believe we have met before; I'm Fleet Admiral Newberry, Commander of Columbus."

"The pleasure is mine, Admiral" Kirok replied.  "This is Daniel Howell, an old crewmate of mine" he added.  He turned his head from Chris to Daniel and then back again.

"The years seemed to have been kind to you despite your long hours and all that has occurred over the past years" Kiork said sincerely.  "May we join you?  I would be happy to purchase a beverage for you and exchange pertinent information about our lives and the fleet" he said.

Chris Newberry

Quote from: Kirok on July 03, 2016, 09:22:21 PM

"The pleasure is mine, Admiral" Kirok replied.  "This is Daniel Howell, an old crewmate of mine" he added.  He turned his head from Chris to Daniel and then back again.

"The years seemed to have been kind to you despite your long hours and all that has occurred over the past years" Kiork said sincerely.  "May we join you?  I would be happy to purchase a beverage for you and exchange pertinent information about our lives and the fleet" he said.

"I wouldn't say the years have been that kind, my friend. It is certainly catch up too me but we Katorlians live long long lives as some certain races have realized the hard way." Chris replied before turning back to the bar counter. "Please join me, I could take a nice cold beverage right about now."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.