Dinner Among Friends (open to all)

Started by Kirok, June 13, 2016, 04:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Kirok on June 14, 2016, 11:40:23 PM

Kirok offered John a slight nod.  Kirok sent mentally to his old friend.

"Mr. Rogers.  I am Captain Kirok.  Please join us" Kirok replied after he stood back up.

"Mr. Hawk, it is good to see you again" Kirok said with a slight bow.  "There is plenty of food.  I would be honored if you would join us" he added.

"They are both fine ships" Kirok replied to Dylan.  But he was somewhat fascinated by Dylan's companion, Ms. Shen.  "He is a fine man and a close friend.  He may even have a story or two about me if you were to ask him" he said.  "And thank you for the compliment" he said before his eyes landed on some of his old colleagues.
Kirok offered both Cayden and Alex a deep bow.  "Thank you, Mr. McConnell.  It is good to be back.  Mr. Wu, thank you for the colorful greeting.  It is indeed agreeable to see you again.   Would you both please join us for Dinner?" he said.
Cayden gave a slight nod to Kirok.

"I would be delighted to, though I may have to leave shortly to follow up on some engineering issues with one of the ships that are docked."

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 15, 2016, 02:07:28 PM

Jamie snapped out of her thoughts for a moment to smile at Captain Kirok, the friendly Vulcan.  Like her, he was more Á¢â,¬Ëœemotional' and preferred to use words like fine, and close and descriptive words that generated feeling instead of logic  Yes, he was definitely a Vulcan after her own heart.  "I think I will ask him to tell me a story about you!"  She chuckled slightly, but was still nervous about having McConnell so near.  "Maybe something Á¢â,¬Ëœjuicy'?"

She watched as another Commander approached and greeted Cayden and Kirok.  He was human and clearly asian and Jamie had a slight thing for asian men.  It was probably the eyes and why did they make Commanders so damn cute?

Her attention was once more captured by her fellow Jim.

She smiled at Mr. Hawk, realizing that her features and her attitude was probably confusing him.  "I'm half human, raised by my human mother."  Jamie explained to his obvious unspoken question.  After all he seemed a bit introverted and probably would not have asked.  "My father has five other children, all full Vulcan.  He tried to make me into a stoic Vulcan but I bit him."  She gave him an evil giggle, "Oh I'm joking, I'm just not wired that way.  I got a Vulcan's brain for multitasking and taking in information, but my emotions are quite human."  She winked at him and put her fork down and stood up.

"Excuse me, gentlemen."  She spoke to Dylan, James and John, "I have to see a man about an ant."  Her eyes focused on the man she was talking about.  Jamie tugged at her uniform nervously, ran a hand over her long dark hair and made her way to Cayden McConnell.  "Commander McConnell, it's so good to finally meet you."  She offered him her hand and was very proud of herself that it didn't tremble; but her throat was dry as hell.

Cayden looked at the Ensign for a moment and recognized her as Ensign Shen. They had been corresponding back and forth via subspace messages about one of her research projects. A rumor had made its way to him that she had created a holodeck program that utilized his image.

"I'm glad to finally make your acquaintance, Doctor. I hear that you've been making some headway with your medical nanite research."

Looking at the other officers in the room, he saw a few he knew but most, he was unfamiliar with. Looking back to the Ensign, he cracked a half smile and gestured back towards the table she had just come from.

"Shall we have a seat with your colleagues?"

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

T'Lara

Quote from: Kirok on June 14, 2016, 01:37:51 AM

Kirok's eyes grew somewhat larger as the hand came toward him.  He rarely allowed people to touch him and now was no exception, even though he had know John for a longtime.  John had even saved Kirok's life at one point.

But the decision to avoid physical contact with for everyone's benefit.  So, instead of accepting the hand Kirok offered the man a deep bow.  "And you, John" he replied and then handed the man a set of silverware when he returned to his standing position.

"Please help yourself" Kirok added.  "I assume you know T'Lara.  This is Ms. Shen and Mr. Torngate from the Athena" he finished.

"Please enjoy the food.  If you would prefer something different, you simply need to ask" Kirok said to T'Lara.  He expected that she would like the food before her, but wanted her to know that there were other options available if she by chance did not like oriental food.

'Thank you, Captain," T'Lara said to Kirok as he went off to greet still more people. There were so many familiar faces and the atmosphere, everyone was so content. A wave of nostalgia passed over her as she remembered all of the times just like this in the past. She had been a different person then, and she wanted to bring that person back. The only question was how. 

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Kirok

Quote from: Alexander Wu on June 15, 2016, 09:05:42 PM

Alex bowed slightly, inclining his head in return. "I'd be honoured to. Commander McConnell, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." He reached out, offering his hand. "There are several former Challengers onboard Discovery, and I've heard nothing but praise for their former Captain. I'm glad you've decided to stay in the Service."

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on June 16, 2016, 03:31:13 PM

"I would be delighted to, though I may have to leave shortly to follow up on some engineering issues with one of the ships that are docked."

Quote from: T'Lara on June 16, 2016, 09:08:41 PM

'Thank you, Captain," T'Lara said to Kirok as he went off to greet still more people. There were so many familiar faces and the atmosphere, everyone was so content. A wave of nostalgia passed over her as she remembered all of the times just like this in the past. She had been a different person then, and she wanted to bring that person back. The only question was how.

"I am the one who is honored, but we will consider it a tie if needed" Kiork said to Alex.  "Completely understandable, Mr. McConnell.  Stay as long as you like, but leave if you must" Kirok said.  "You are more than welcome" the half Vulcan said to T'Lara.

These social events were often like this.  People coming in one after the next.  It typically made the half Vulcan feel 'stressed,' but today he actually was 'enjoying' spending time with his old and new friends.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Ezac

It had been a long time. In a single moment, it felt both too long and not long enough.

With one swift motion, the door to the replimat slid open and revealed both familiar and unfamiliar crew mates. Despite the familiarity, the known faces felt strangely foreign. Although names and events began to rush through Ezac's mind as he panned back and forth across the room, the memories felt foggy, as though they were not his but rather lent to him by a stranger.

I find it hard to understand the need for so much fraternization, Ezac thought to himself as he began wading through the various outpourings of nearly palpable emotion in the room. Besides, camaraderie is better established and appreciated with a phraser in hand than it is with a fork and a teacup.

Ezac spotted a vacant seat slightly removed from the main group of attendees and sat down with his fingers interlaced in his lap.

Never turn your back on a Breen.

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on June 16, 2016, 03:31:13 PM

Cayden looked at the Ensign for a moment and recognized her as Ensign Shen. They had been corresponding back and forth via subspace messages about one of her research projects. A rumor had made its way to him that she had created a holodeck program that utilized his image.

"I'm glad to finally make your acquaintance, Doctor. I hear that you've been making some headway with your medical nanite research."

Looking at the other officers in the room, he saw a few he knew but most, he was unfamiliar with. Looking back to the Ensign, he cracked a half smile and gestured back towards the table she had just come from.

"Shall we have a seat with your colleagues?"

Her eyes flickered of the Á¢â,¬Ëœreal' Cayden's features and she was happy to note that it wasn't at all different from the Holo-image.  Perhaps the eyes held more depth to them but that was fine and she could get used to staring into them.  Eventually.

The half Vulcan was only partially paying attention to the others in the area.  It was as if her mind wanted to only concentrate on this man before her.  How many hours had she spent with his image?  Was he anything like that?  His question however proved the right thing for to take advantage off.

Jamie gathered her courage and shook her head, "No, I don't want to do that."  She gave him a tentative smile, "I'm not sure when I'll be able to talk to you again, sir.  Do you think I could have a moment of your time. I mean, we can eat and chat, yes?"  She tilted her head to one side as she tried to think of what she'd do if he said no.

Stuff her face with cheesecake, for sure!

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 17, 2016, 02:26:20 PM

Her eyes flickered of the Á¢â,¬Ëœreal' Cayden's features and she was happy to note that it wasn't at all different from the Holo-image.  Perhaps the eyes held more depth to them but that was fine and she could get used to staring into them.  Eventually.

The half Vulcan was only partially paying attention to the others in the area.  It was as if her mind wanted to only concentrate on this man before her.  How many hours had she spent with his image?  Was he anything like that?  His question however proved the right thing for to take advantage off.

Jamie gathered her courage and shook her head, "No, I don't want to do that."  She gave him a tentative smile, "I'm not sure when I'll be able to talk to you again, sir.  Do you think I could have a moment of your time. I mean, we can eat and chat, yes?"  She tilted her head to one side as she tried to think of what she'd do if he said no.

Stuff her face with cheesecake, for sure!

Cayden gave the Doctor a quizzical look at first, as she seemed to be looking him over. Shaking it off, he gave her a nod and gestured towards an empty table.

"It would be my pleasure." He said, heading towards the empty table and taking a seat at it.

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Daniel Howell

Howell walked in and paused for a second. It was so strange to be back after taking a few months out to deal with personal issues on Earth. He walked over to the starbase Captain, Kirok and addressed him saying "Captain Kirok, Lieutenant Junior Grade Daniel Howell reporting in."

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Kirok

Quote from: Daniel Howell on June 18, 2016, 11:00:24 AM

Howell walked in and paused for a second. It was so strange to be back after taking a few months out to deal with personal issues on Earth. He walked over to the starbase Captain, Kirok and addressed him saying "Captain Kirok, Lieutenant Junior Grade Daniel Howell reporting in."

Kirok put his utensiles down and stood.  He saluted Mr. Howell.  "At ease, Mr. Howell.  This is a social gathering" Kirok replied.

"There is food enough for all.  And more to come if needed.  Let's find you a spot at the table" he said, picking up his plate and moving it down the table to where Ezac was seated.

Quote from: Ezac on June 17, 2016, 02:28:37 AM

It had been a long time. In a single moment, it felt both too long and not long enough.

With one swift motion, the door to the replimat slid open and revealed both familiar and unfamiliar crew mates. Despite the familiarity, the known faces felt strangely foreign. Although names and events began to rush through Ezac's mind as he panned back and forth across the room, the memories felt foggy, as though they were not his but rather lent to him by a stranger.

I find it hard to understand the need for so much fraternization, Ezac thought to himself as he began wading through the various outpourings of nearly palpable emotion in the room. Besides, camaraderie is better established and appreciated with a phraser in hand than it is with a fork and a teacup.

Ezac spotted a vacant seat slightly removed from the main group of attendees and sat down with his fingers interlaced in his lap.

"Ezac, it is agreeable to see you again" Kirok said.  He offered the Breen a slight bow.  Then he took one of the open seats beside Ezac.

Ezac

Quote from: Kirok on June 18, 2016, 03:41:41 PM

"There is food enough for all.  And more to come if needed.  Let's find you a spot at the table" he said, picking up his plate and moving it down the table to where Ezac was seated.

Ezac watched Kirok emerge from the heterogeneous mixture of shipmates in the middle of the room. Ezac had picked out Kirok shortly after entering the replimat, but it was only now as Kirok approached, that Ezac felt that he could find any value in attending such a gathering.

"Ezac, it is agreeable to see you again" Kirok said.  He offered the Breen a slight bow.  Then he took one of the open seats beside Ezac.

"It has been a long time, Kirok. It appears that time has not treated you adversely. How are you keeping yourself occupied these days?"

Kirok

Quote from: Ezac on June 18, 2016, 05:58:44 PM

Ezac watched Kirok emerge from the heterogeneous mixture of shipmates in the middle of the room. Ezac had picked out Kirok shortly after entering the replimat, but it was only now as Kirok approached, that Ezac felt that he could find any value in attending such a gathering.

"It has been a long time, Kirok. It appears that time has not treated you adversely. How are you keeping yourself occupied these days?"

"It certainly has been a long time, Ezac" Kirok replied.  Though the somewhat fresh scare that divided his otherwise perfectly straight right eyebrow suggested that the recent past had not been very kind to the half Vulcan.  Despite this, Kirok did not offer to 'correct' his former shipmate.

"I have been stationed on the Phoenix.  My new posting begins at the first of the month.  But I am spending my time reacquainting myself with other until then.  What about you?" Kirok said.

Ezac

Quote from: Kirok on June 18, 2016, 10:42:24 PM

"I have been stationed on the Phoenix.  My new posting begins at the first of the month.  But I am spending my time reacquainting myself with other until then.  What about you?" Kirok said.

"I have been assigned to Starbase Columbus for the time being, although I have no idea how long. I had no intention of being gone so long, but I had to keep searching for Nioa. I simply could not stop." Ezac paused as thoughts of his daughter filled his mind. He let out a deep sigh and looked back toward Kirok.

"For now, I need to keep my focus on the task at hand."

Kirok

Quote from: Ezac on June 19, 2016, 04:12:15 AM

"I have been assigned to Starbase Columbus for the time being, although I have no idea how long. I had no intention of being gone so long, but I had to keep searching for Nioa. I simply could not stop." Ezac paused as thoughts of his daughter filled his mind. He let out a deep sigh and looked back toward Kirok.

"For now, I need to keep my focus on the task at hand."

"Your child" Kirok replied.  "It must be terrible to not know Nioa is or Nioa's condition" he added sympathetically.  "Perhaps soon we can find some time to search for Nioa.  Maybe together" the half Vulcan offered.

Ezac

Quote from: Kirok on June 19, 2016, 03:10:02 PM

"Your child" Kirok replied.  "It must be terrible to not know Nioa is or Nioa's condition" he added sympathetically.  "Perhaps soon we can find some time to search for Nioa.  Maybe together" the half Vulcan offered.

"Thank you, Kirok," Ezac let out as a sense of calm coursed through him. Truth be told, he was losing hope, but in that moment, he wondered if perhaps Kirok could add some fresh perspective to the situation.

"Enough about me," Ezac said in an attempt to steer the conversation toward lighter topics. "How do you feel about joining the Phoenix?"

Kirok

Quote from: Ezac on June 19, 2016, 03:56:21 PM

"Thank you, Kirok," Ezac let out as a sense of calm coursed through him. Truth be told, he was losing hope, but in that moment, he wondered if perhaps Kirok could add some fresh perspective to the situation.

"Enough about me," Ezac said in an attempt to steer the conversation toward lighter topics. "How do you feel about joining the Phoenix?"

"Very well" Kirok replied.  "It has been some time since I commanded a ship, but I am happy to serve wherever I am needed.  That said, it is a fine ship and the crew is top rate" he added.

Truth be told, he was very excited about the prospect to serving with some of his old shipmates.  There was one in particular that he was eager to see again.  One who he hoped to repair his relationship with.  That person being Revek.

Daniel Howell

Kirok put his utensiles down and stood.  He saluted Mr. Howell.  "At ease, Mr. Howell.  This is a social gathering" Kirok replied.

"Thank you Sir." Replied Howell, moving and taking a seat next to him. "How are you?" Dan politely asked?

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.