Author Topic: Dinner Among Friends (open to all)  (Read 21124 times)

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
  • Currently on Special Assignment
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dinner Among Friends (open to all)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 03:49:24 pm »
[Station XO Quarters]

Cayden had heard a rumor that Kirok had returned to Shadow Fleet after a brief...sabbatical. He had hoped to at least show his face before heading to the Monitor and checking in on her refit.

Dressing in his uniform, he paused in the mirror to check it's fit. He was still getting used to the red after wearing all black for so long. Satisfied that his uniform fit well, he made his way to the door and exited the quarters.

Walking towards the turbolift at the end of the corridor, he offered a few nods to the passing civilians and personnel. Entering the lift, he quickly turned and ordered it down to the replimat.

[Outside Replimat]

Entering the replimat, he saw large tables with several people already in attendance. Seeing Kirok sitting at one of them, he walked over the Vulcan Captain and announced his presence.

"I heard a rumor that you had returned Captain. Welcome back." He said, offering a half smile.

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Offline Jamie McConnell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I love you, my light
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 07:33:58 pm »
Taking the silverware John felt a little dumb for having forgot that Kirok hated to be touched. But it was understandable three years apart will do that to anyone. "Yes I believe T'Lara and I served together years ago." he said walking to the table to intoduce himself. "Hello I am Lieutenant [JG] John Harriman Star Fleet Intelligence, I am pleased to meet you both." he said taking a seat.

Before Dylan could respond another voice brought her attention and introduced himself.  Mentally, Jamie chided, 'Didn't think there was any intelligent in StarFleet.'

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 08:03:52 pm »
[Replimat]

It had been several days since Discovery docked at Columbus, and the open invitation to an informal gathering had been one of nearly a thousand files uploaded to their ship's computer in a mass packet. Ops had finally separated and distributed the ship-related business from the personals, and Alex had immediately cleared his schedule upon seeing the host's name.

Wandering into the large gathering space filled with chairs and tables, he immediately made a beeline for a table filled with familiar faces; two he knew very well, another mostly only by reputation. "Well, I'll be damned." Alex commented with a broad smile, stopping next to McConnell. "And here I thought we had seen the last of you when they pinned on those golden bars. Welcome home, skipper."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 11:40:23 pm »
Taking the silverware John felt a little dumb for having forgot that Kirok hated to be touched. But it was understandable three years apart will do that to anyone. "Yes I believe T'Lara and I served together years ago." he said walking to the table to intoduce himself. "Hello I am Lieutenant [JG] John Harriman Star Fleet Intelligence, I am pleased to meet you both." he said taking a seat.

Kirok offered John a slight nod.  <Thank you for observing my customs, Mr. Harriman.  Perhaps later we can find some private time to catch up> Kirok sent mentally to his old friend.

Steve had been  stationed for now on Starbase Colmbus awaiting for reassignment. He had been here a number of days and still didn't Know any one. Although oddly enough he had recived a request to go for dinner, He had quaters on the other side of the station. It was a fair old walk to the place that been suggested to him. The walk had taken to him through the different areas of the station which to him was a fair old size at best.

He was watching the ships come and go wondered which he would be assigned to from this posistion the station it was nice to see the Ships in there full sleekness. He worried about his family and friends as it seemed ages since he had seen them and watching those around him walking and talking and having fun. He found the area where he needed to be. " Excuse me I am Steve Rogers and had a invatation to join this little shin dig." Looking at the crowd around the table.

James almost didn't come to the Repli-Mat 'party' as he was having an internal agrument with himself. Eventully he decided it would be good for him to try and meet new people so he went. As he entered he saw many faces, some he already recognised Jamie and Dylan or rather Ensign's Tornagate and Ensign Shen, though he still hadn't had a chance to get to know anyone yet. He walked over to near Captain Kirok and waited for him to finsish greating everyone else as James to shy to impose. 

"Mr. Rogers.  I am Captain Kirok.  Please join us" Kirok replied after he stood back up.

"Mr. Hawk, it is good to see you again" Kirok said with a slight bow.  "There is plenty of food.  I would be honored if you would join us" he added.

Dylan cringed a little as she went immediately for the food, and began stuffing her face with everything in sight. It was a wonder she didn't choke on the food as she inhaled it. He looked over the food, but waited to see if the Captain had anything else to say before heading over. "Aye, we are both from the USS Athena, Sir. I'm an engineer there, but I used to be on the USS Phoenix."

He nodded to T'Lara, seeing a familiar face. "I believe that I have met her." he said, his mind flashing back to the events of the sun. He quickly shook those thoughts away, but his mood fell thinking of them. He excused himself and got some food.

'And has a mean sense of humor.'

"They are both fine ships" Kirok replied to Dylan.  But he was somewhat fascinated by Dylan's companion, Ms. Shen.  "He is a fine man and a close friend.  He may even have a story or two about me if you were to ask him" he said.  "And thank you for the compliment" he said before his eyes landed on some of his old colleagues.

[Station XO Quarters]

Cayden had heard a rumor that Kirok had returned to Shadow Fleet after a brief...sabbatical. He had hoped to at least show his face before heading to the Monitor and checking in on her refit.

Dressing in his uniform, he paused in the mirror to check it's fit. He was still getting used to the red after wearing all black for so long. Satisfied that his uniform fit well, he made his way to the door and exited the quarters.

Walking towards the turbolift at the end of the corridor, he offered a few nods to the passing civilians and personnel. Entering the lift, he quickly turned and ordered it down to the replimat.

[Outside Replimat]

Entering the replimat, he saw large tables with several people already in attendance. Seeing Kirok sitting at one of them, he walked over the Vulcan Captain and announced his presence.

"I heard a rumor that you had returned Captain. Welcome back." He said, offering a half smile.

[Replimat]

It had been several days since Discovery docked at Columbus, and the open invitation to an informal gathering had been one of nearly a thousand files uploaded to their ship's computer in a mass packet. Ops had finally separated and distributed the ship-related business from the personals, and Alex had immediately cleared his schedule upon seeing the host's name.

Wandering into the large gathering space filled with chairs and tables, he immediately made a beeline for a table filled with familiar faces; two he knew very well, another mostly only by reputation. "Well, I'll be damned." Alex commented with a broad smile, stopping next to McConnell. "And here I thought we had seen the last of you when they pinned on those golden bars. Welcome home, skipper."

Kirok offered both Cayden and Alex a deep bow.  "Thank you, Mr. McConnell.  It is good to be back.  Mr. Wu, thank you for the colorful greeting.  It is indeed agreeable to see you again.   Would you both please join us for Dinner?" he said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 02:50:02 am »

Dylan looked up. "Hunh?" he asked, then understood. "Oh. I was just thinking back to the last time I saw some of these people." he said, referring to the present crew of the Phoenix. "Last time I saw some of them I was attempting to fly us into the sun." He had a wan smile, but it was only halfhearted. "I wasn't myself... There were some beings attempting to throw both the human crews of Disco and 'Nix into the sun, it was a nasty thing. I... I don't really want to talk about it." he finished, forcing the subject from his mind and working on thinking of other things, with mixed success. It wasn't perfect, but it got him distracted enough that you'd need the scrutiny of a Vulcan or the telepathic abilities of a Betazoid to detect it.

Dylan nodded to the new arrival. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir." he said, respectfully. "Ensign Dylan Torngate, USS Athena." he said, introducing himself to the officer. "Star Fleet Intelligence? Not many of those around here."
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline James H. Hawk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 09:59:39 am »

Kirok offered John a slight nod.  <Thank you for observing my customs, Mr. Harriman.  Perhaps later we can find some private time to catch up> Kirok sent mentally to his old friend.

"Mr. Rogers.  I am Captain Kirok.  Please join us" Kirok replied after he stood back up.

"Mr. Hawk, it is good to see you again" Kirok said with a slight bow.  "There is plenty of food.  I would be honored if you would join us" he added.

"They are both fine ships" Kirok replied to Dylan.  But he was somewhat fascinated by Dylan's companion, Ms. Shen.  "He is a fine man and a close friend.  He may even have a story or two about me if you were to ask him" he said.  "And thank you for the compliment" he said before his eyes landed on some of his old colleagues.

Kirok offered both Cayden and Alex a deep bow.  "Thank you, Mr. McConnell.  It is good to be back.  Mr. Wu, thank you for the colorful greeting.  It is indeed agreeable to see you again.   Would you both please join us for Dinner?" he said.

James returned the bow to Captain Kirok before speaking "It is good to...see you again as well, sir," James said confused. Kirok seemed to know him but James couldn't remember meeting Kirok. Had he met him at the academy? Or had he meet him at some of James more...secret dealings with Intelligence.

"Hi. Good seeing you too," James replied simply in his polite English accent as he walked over to Jamie. He was glad she noticed him as he was to shy to approach anyone he didn't know already which of course made it had to get to know anyone. He was confused at the nickname 'Red' she had seemingly given him. He chuckled quietly to himself as he saw the young Vulcan stuff her face full of food. He had never seen a Vulcan do anything like that. Or was she Romulan? Or a hybrid? He wasn't sure but it still amused him. He picked up something that looked like it would taste ok. James didn't normally eat much and this time as no different though even he had to admit the food was pretty good. As he chewed his food he realised where 'Red' must have come from, his hair. James normaly thought his hair was dark blonde though in hindsight he could see why Jamie saw it as red. Maybe it was a little bit, thought it hardly mattered.

Offline Jamie McConnell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I love you, my light
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 02:07:28 pm »
"Hi. Good seeing you too," James replied simply in his polite English accent as he walked over to Jamie. He was glad she noticed him as he was to shy to approach anyone he didn't know already which of course made it had to get to know anyone. He was confused at the nickname 'Red' she had seemingly given him. He chuckled quietly to himself as he saw the young Vulcan stuff her face full of food. He had never seen a Vulcan do anything like that. Or was she Romulan? Or a hybrid? He wasn't sure but it still amused him. He picked up something that looked like it would taste ok. James didn't normally eat much and this time as no different though even he had to admit the food was pretty good. As he chewed his food he realised where 'Red' must have come from, his hair. James normaly thought his hair was dark blonde though in hindsight he could see why Jamie saw it as red. Maybe it was a little bit, thought it hardly mattered.

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 03:50:44 pm »

Before Dylan could respond another voice brought her attention and introduced himself.  Mentally, Jamie chided, 'Didn't think there was any intelligent in StarFleet.'

Dylan looked up. "Hunh?" he asked, then understood. "Oh. I was just thinking back to the last time I saw some of these people." he said, referring to the present crew of the Phoenix. "Last time I saw some of them I was attempting to fly us into the sun." He had a wan smile, but it was only halfhearted. "I wasn't myself... There were some beings attempting to throw both the human crews of Disco and 'Nix into the sun, it was a nasty thing. I... I don't really want to talk about it." he finished, forcing the subject from his mind and working on thinking of other things, with mixed success. It wasn't perfect, but it got him distracted enough that you'd need the scrutiny of a Vulcan or the telepathic abilities of a Betazoid to detect it.

Dylan nodded to the new arrival. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir." he said, respectfully. "Ensign Dylan Torngate, USS Athena." he said, introducing himself to the officer. "Star Fleet Intelligence? Not many of those around here."

John laughed at the remark not like he had not heard it before. "Nice to meet you Dylan, and Jamie, and since we are off duty you can call me John. As for the intelligence joke, you are not wrong I would sware some of the people I worked with had screws lose." he said getting a drink of the water that was before him and then looking back to Dylan as Jamie ate he food. "I have been working with SFI since I left the Discovery." he said
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:09:17 pm by John Harriman »

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 04:19:45 pm »
John laughed at the remark not like he had not heard it before. "Nice to meet you Dylan, and Jamie, and since we are off duty you can call me John. As for the intelligence joke, you are not wrong I would sware some of the people I worked with had screws lose." he said getting a drink of the water that was before him and then looking back to Dylan as Jamie ate he food. "I have been working with SFI since I left the Discovery." he said

"Alright then... John." he said, almost calling the officer 'sir' again. he managed not to, however. "Sometimes the people with the least conventional thinking are the best ones for the job." he said, shrugging his shoulders. "However sometimes conventional thinking can be the best."

He listened to the officer as he summarized his career. "Discovery, hunh? That's the Akara class right out in spacedock right now, isn't it?" he asked, trying to place the ship. "Don't think I've ever been aboard her."
Shadow Fleet

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 04:34:36 pm »
"Alright then... John." he said, almost calling the officer 'sir' again. he managed not to, however. "Sometimes the people with the least conventional thinking are the best ones for the job." he said, shrugging his shoulders. "However sometimes conventional thinking can be the best."

He listened to the officer as he summarized his career. "Discovery, hunh? That's the Akara class right out in spacedock right now, isn't it?" he asked, trying to place the ship. "Don't think I've ever been aboard her."

"That can be true, but I have been at this a while now and I have learnt that the ball swings both was." he said taking another drink. "She is a great ship I was on her when I first came to "ShadowFleet" and before I left for my assignment with SFI." he said looking at the man.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 04:51:08 pm »
"That can be true, but I have been at this a while now and I have learnt that the ball swings both was." he said taking another drink. "She is a great ship I was on her when I first came to "ShadowFleet" and before I left for my assignment with SFI." he said looking at the man.

"Well sometimes it's needed to keep everything in line" he said, as he flagged down a staffer and got some more to drink. "I have been on the Phoenix and now the Athena. Intelligence, hunh? Sounds both interesting and very dull at the same time." he looked around, seeing that his friend had moved off to talk to... The stations commander. He thought to himself. 'I do hope she doesn't put her foot in her mouth again'
Shadow Fleet

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 06:03:23 pm »
"Well sometimes it's needed to keep everything in line" he said, as he flagged down a staffer and got some more to drink. "I have been on the Phoenix and now the Athena. Intelligence, hunh? Sounds both interesting and very dull at the same time." he looked around, seeing that his friend had moved off to talk to... The stations commander. He thought to himself. 'I do hope she doesn't put her foot in her mouth again'

"It is not as dull as you think.....But I am back in the fleet and that makes me happy to be back with my old friends." he said looking at Kirok and Cayden and Alex.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 07:34:27 pm »
James returned the bow to Captain Kirok before speaking "It is good to...see you again as well, sir," James said confused. Kirok seemed to know him but James couldn't remember meeting Kirok. Had he met him at the academy? Or had he meet him at some of James more...secret dealings with Intelligence.

Kirok, with his Betazed, could feel the confusion creep over Mr. Hawk.  Had Kirok made a mistake in thinking he knew the man?  Had he mistaken James for someone else?

It was quite possible given Kirok's current mental condition.  Carrying two extra katras did tax his mind and led to minor issue like this.  James had not made a big deal out of it, so it seemed best to simply address the issue at a later time.

Jamie snapped out of her thoughts for a moment to smile at Captain Kirok, the friendly Vulcan.  Like her, he was more ‘emotionalÂ’ and preferred to use words like fine, and close and descriptive words that generated feeling instead of logic  Yes, he was definitely a Vulcan after her own heart.  “I think I will ask him to tell me a story about you!”  She chuckled slightly, but was still nervous about having McConnell so near.  “Maybe something ‘juicyÂ’?” 

She watched as another Commander approached and greeted Cayden and Kirok.  He was human and clearly asian and Jamie had a slight thing for asian men.  It was probably the eyes and why did they make Commanders so damn cute? 

Her attention was once more captured by her fellow Jim. 

She smiled at Mr. Hawk, realizing that her features and her attitude was probably confusing him.  “IÂ’m half human, raised by my human mother.”  Jamie explained to his obvious unspoken question.  After all he seemed a bit introverted and probably would not have asked.  “My father has five other children, all full Vulcan.  He tried to make me into a stoic Vulcan but I bit him.”  She gave him an evil giggle, “Oh IÂ’m joking, IÂ’m just not wired that way.  I got a VulcanÂ’s brain for multitasking and taking in information, but my emotions are quite human.”  She winked at him and put her fork down and stood up. 

“Excuse me, gentlemen.”  She spoke to Dylan, James and John, “I have to see a man about an ant.”  Her eyes focused on the man she was talking about.  Jamie tugged at her uniform nervously, ran a hand over her long dark hair and made her way to Cayden McConnell.  “Commander McConnell, itÂ’s so good to finally meet you.”  She offered him her hand and was very proud of herself that it didnÂ’t tremble; but her throat was dry as hell. 

Kirok's left eyebrow arched slightly.  "As I recall, we did engage in a few holodecks that were rather dramatic.  I think one of them even included Zombies" he said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 09:05:42 pm »

Alex bowed slightly, inclining his head in return. "I'd be honoured to. Commander McConnell, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." He reached out, offering his hand. "There are several former Challengers onboard Discovery, and I've heard nothing but praise for their former Captain. I'm glad you've decided to stay in the Service."

As a young lieutenant suddenly absconded McConnell's attention, Alex gave the woman a curious smile before turning to consider Kirok's table, rapidly filling up with mostly junior officers. Maybe they're serving on the same ship. Figures Kirok would invite all the junior officers, he always did enjoy rubbing shoulders with the lower deck. To his surprise, one of them was very familiar to him. "John, as I live and breathe. Today's full of surprises it seems. Can I get you a drink?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 09:26:16 pm »
Alex bowed slightly, inclining his head in return. "I'd be honoured to. Commander McConnell, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." He reached out, offering his hand. "There are several former Challengers onboard Discovery, and I've heard nothing but praise for their former Captain. I'm glad you've decided to stay in the Service."

As a young lieutenant suddenly absconded McConnell's attention, Alex gave the woman a curious smile before turning to consider Kirok's table, rapidly filling up with mostly junior officers. Maybe they're serving on the same ship. Figures Kirok would invite all the junior officers, he always did enjoy rubbing shoulders with the lower deck. To his surprise, one of them was very familiar to him. "John, as I live and breathe. Today's full of surprises it seems. Can I get you a drink?"

John stood up and walked up to his old friend and stuck out his hand. "Alex how the heck are you my old friend??" he said happy to see one of his oldest friends.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles