Author Topic: Dinner Among Friends (open to all)  (Read 21119 times)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dinner Among Friends (open to all)
« on: June 13, 2016, 04:02:03 am »
Kirok sat at one of the larger tables in the Repli-Mat.  Before him sat a large family style plate of sushi, a large plate of chicken stir fry, and a whole strawberry cheesecake.  There were a stack of plates and several sets of silverware.

Yes, they were some of Kirok's favorite foods.  But he fully intended to share it with others.  In fact, he was expecting to see a few of his his oldest friends to show up.

Today he was dressed in his uniform.  New Captain's pips adorned his collar.  He lifted his head proudly as he saw movement at the entrance.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Jamie McConnell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I love you, my light
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dinner Among Friends (open to all)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:49:52 pm »

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 05:59:17 pm »

Dylan was being propelled down the hall, pushed along by an Eager half-Vulcan. That fact in and of itself was weird enough, as usually Vulcans were not as prone to this type of excitement. He walked quickly, trying desperately to keep up with her and her frantic pace, and to keep up with the conversation.

Although they'd only met on the Athena a short while ago on a project, it had been Dylan that Jamie had chosen to drag along with her, with the promise of free food that wasn't replicated. He may have been a grown man but his appetite was the same as a teenage boy's. Sometimes it led him to trouble, which is where Dylan felt this was headed. But at least he wasn't going alone, not used to rubbing elbows with people with a great many pips.

Dylan walked in immediately after her, deciding if he'd gone this far he might as well finish it off. He straightened up in the presence of the Captain, before hearing Jamie open her mouth and immediately putting her metaphorical foot in it. He grimaced with her words quite visibly to the Captain in front of them. The look was along the lines of Oh-No-You-Did-Not-Oh-Crap-You-Did.

He introduced himself as well. "Ensign Dylan Torngate, Sir."
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 06:30:34 pm »

Kirok stood and scooted in his chair and bowed slightly to the new arrivals.  "I am Captain Kirok.  I am pleased to make you acquaintance" he said by way of greeting.

"And you are correct, there is food a plenty and more if needed.  I will trade you food for the gift of your company" he added as if negotiating.  A slight smile danced across his lips possibly giving away the fact that the Ensign would be allow to eat whatever her response. 

Dylan was being propelled down the hall, pushed along by an Eager half-Vulcan. That fact in and of itself was weird enough, as usually Vulcans were not as prone to this type of excitement. He walked quickly, trying desperately to keep up with her and her frantic pace, and to keep up with the conversation.

Although they'd only met on the Athena a short while ago on a project, it had been Dylan that Jamie had chosen to drag along with her, with the promise of free food that wasn't replicated. He may have been a grown man but his appetite was the same as a teenage boy's. Sometimes it led him to trouble, which is where Dylan felt this was headed. But at least he wasn't going alone, not used to rubbing elbows with people with a great many pips.

Dylan walked in immediately after her, deciding if he'd gone this far he might as well finish it off. He straightened up in the presence of the Captain, before hearing Jamie open her mouth and immediately putting her metaphorical foot in it. He grimaced with her words quite visibly to the Captain in front of them. The look was along the lines of Oh-No-You-Did-Not-Oh-Crap-You-Did.

He introduced himself as well. "Ensign Dylan Torngate, Sir."

"Ensign Torngate" Kirok replied with a second bow.  "Please be seated and serve you shelves.  For what ship to you both serve on?" the Captain asked and then sat back down.

Offline Jamie McConnell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I love you, my light
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 07:03:43 pm »

Kirok stood and scooted in his chair and bowed slightly to the new arrivals.  "I am Captain Kirok.  I am pleased to make you acquaintance" he said by way of greeting.

"And you are correct, there is food a plenty and more if needed.  I will trade you food for the gift of your company" he added as if negotiating.  A slight smile danced across his lips possibly giving away the fact that the Ensign would be allow to eat whatever her response. 

"Ensign Torngate" Kirok replied with a second bow.  "Please be seated and serve you shelves.  For what ship to you both serve on?" the Captain asked and then sat back down.

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Offline T'Lara

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 07:08:40 pm »

[Repli-Mat]

As T'Lara entered she saw that Kirok was seated and conversing with a couple ensigns she knew of. She had heard about this gathering Kirok planned from a variety of sources. The newly appointed captain of the Phoenix was a popular topic of discussion, and so was his hospitality.

As she often did after a mission, T'Lara had spent nearly all of her time since docking at the starbase in meditation, and as such had not eaten. Seeing the sushi on the table she was reminded of when Kirok had shown her his favorite restaurant on starbase Horizon back when they first met. He had said it was one of his favorite foods and for T'Lara it was one of the few human foods she could admit to enjoying.

She motioned to Kirok not to get up and gave him a slight bow before taking a seat at the table. She was sure there would be plenty more people coming and she would engage in conversation when the opportunity was presented to her.

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 11:55:22 pm »

Kirok watched for the woman eat for a moment.  For a Vulcan, she certainly was animated.  But he actually found that to be enduring.

"The Athena, you say?" Kirok replied.  "Then must know one of my favorite Captains, Constance Lafayette.  And one of the very best men I know, Luke Stafford?" he asked curiously.

[Repli-Mat]

As T'Lara entered she saw that Kirok was seated and conversing with a couple ensigns she knew of. She had heard about this gathering Kirok planned from a variety of sources. The newly appointed captain of the Phoenix was a popular topic of discussion, and so was his hospitality.

As she often did after a mission, T'Lara had spent nearly all of her time since docking at the starbase in meditation, and as such had not eaten. Seeing the sushi on the table she was reminded of when Kirok had shown her his favorite restaurant on starbase Horizon back when they first met. He had said it was one of his favorite foods and for T'Lara it was one of the few human foods she could admit to enjoying.

She motioned to Kirok not to get up and gave him a slight bow before taking a seat at the table. She was sure there would be plenty more people coming and she would engage in conversation when the opportunity was presented to her.

"T'Lara, thank you for joining us.  This is Ms. Shen and Mr. Torngate.  I believe they are both from the Athena.  Ms. Shen, Mr. Torngate, this is T'Lara from the Phoenix" Kirok said by way of introduction and then severed himself some of the sushi.

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 01:09:21 am »
Kirok sat at one of the larger tables in the Repli-Mat.  Before him sat a large family style plate of sushi, a large plate of chicken stir fry, and a whole strawberry cheesecake.  There were a stack of plates and several sets of silverware.

Yes, they were some of Kirok's favorite foods.  But he fully intended to share it with others.  In fact, he was expecting to see a few of his his oldest friends to show up.

Today he was dressed in his uniform.  New Captain's pips adorned his collar.  He lifted his head proudly as he saw movement at the entrance.

[Tempory Quarters]

John finished putting his belongings in his quarters and noticed his desk commputer blinking with a message. Walking over and reading it he seen it was from his old friend Kirok, after reading the message he straighten up his SFI uniform and headed to the Repli-Mat to see his old friend.

[Repi-Mat]

[Repli-Mat]

John walked in behind one of his old shipmates from three years ago T'Lara, upon entering he noticed two other officers and his old friend Kirok. Stepping forward he stopped in front his friend and spoke. "Kirok... I mean Captain it is so great to see you!!" he said with great joy as he extended his hand.

Offline T'Lara

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 01:22:37 am »

Kirok watched for the woman eat for a moment.  For a Vulcan, she certainly was animated.  But he actually found that to be enduring.

"The Athena, you say?" Kirok replied.  "Then must know one of my favorite Captains, Constance Lafayette.  And one of the very best men I know, Luke Stafford?" he asked curiously.

"T'Lara, thank you for joining us.  This is Ms. Shen and Mr. Torngate.  I believe they are both from the Athena.  Ms. Shen, Mr. Torngate, this is T'Lara from the Phoenix" Kirok said by way of introduction and then severed himself some of the sushi.

"I am...happy, to be here," T'Lara said slowly.

She gave a nod to both Shen and Torngate and, seeing that everyone was eating, took a plate off the stack and spread a napkin over her lap. Taking up a set of chopsticks she reached over to the big plate of sushi and took a couple pieces.

John walked in behind one of his old shipmates from three years ago T'Lara, upon entering he noticed two other officers and his old friend Kirok. Stepping forward he stopped in front his friend and spoke. "Kirok... I mean Captain it is so great to see you!!" he said with great joy as he extended his hand.

Seeing Harriman making his entrance T'Lara felt relieved that the attention was taken off of her. Perhaps she would be able to converse with her former commanding officer at some point.

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 01:37:51 am »
[Tempory Quarters]

John finished putting his belongings in his quarters and noticed his desk commputer blinking with a message. Walking over and reading it he seen it was from his old friend Kirok, after reading the message he straighten up his SFI uniform and headed to the Repli-Mat to see his old friend.

[Repi-Mat]

Kirok's eyes grew somewhat larger as the hand came toward him.  He rarely allowed people to touch him and now was no exception, even though he had know John for a longtime.  John had even saved Kirok's life at one point.

But the decision to avoid physical contact with for everyone's benefit.  So, instead of accepting the hand Kirok offered the man a deep bow.  "And you, John" he replied and then handed the man a set of silverware when he returned to his standing position.

"Please help yourself" Kirok added.  "I assume you know T'Lara.  This is Ms. Shen and Mr. Torngate from the Athena" he finished.

"I am...happy, to be here," T'Lara said slowly.

She gave a nod to both Shen and Torngate and, seeing that everyone was eating, took a plate off the stack and spread a napkin over her lap. Taking up a set of chopsticks she reached over to the big plate of sushi and took a couple pieces.

Seeing Harriman making his entrance T'Lara felt relieved that the attention was taken off of her. Perhaps she would be able to converse with her former commanding officer at some point.

"Please enjoy the food.  If you would prefer something different, you simply need to ask" Kirok said to T'Lara.  He expected that she would like the food before her, but wanted her to know that there were other options available if she by chance did not like oriental food.

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 01:49:57 am »

Kirok's eyes grew somewhat larger as the hand came toward him.  He rarely allowed people to touch him and now was no exception, even though he had know John for a longtime.  John had even saved Kirok's life at one point.

But the decision to avoid physical contact with for everyone's benefit.  So, instead of accepting the hand Kirok offered the man a deep bow.  "And you, John" he replied and then handed the man a set of silverware when he returned to his standing position.

"Please help yourself" Kirok added.  "I assume you know T'Lara.  This is Ms. Shen and Mr. Torngate from the Athena" he finished.

"Please enjoy the food.  If you would prefer something different, you simply need to ask" Kirok said to T'Lara.  He expected that she would like the food before her, but wanted her to know that there were other options available if she by chance did not like oriental food.

Taking the silverware John felt a little dumb for having forgot that Kirok hated to be touched. But it was understandable three years apart will do that to anyone. "Yes I believe T'Lara and I served together years ago." he said walking to the table to intoduce himself. "Hello I am Lieutenant [JG] John Harriman Star Fleet Intelligence, I am pleased to meet you both." he said taking a seat.

Riddick West

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 02:10:10 am »
Steve had been  stationed for now on Starbase Colmbus awaiting for reassignment. He had been here a number of days and still didn't Know any one. Although oddly enough he had recived a request to go for dinner, He had quaters on the other side of the station. It was a fair old walk to the place that been suggested to him. The walk had taken to him through the different areas of the station which to him was a fair old size at best.

He was watching the ships come and go wondered which he would be assigned to from this posistion the station it was nice to see the Ships in there full sleekness. He worried about his family and friends as it seemed ages since he had seen them and watching those around him walking and talking and having fun. He found the area where he needed to be. " Excuse me I am Steve Rogers and had a invatation to join this little shin dig." Looking at the crowd around the table.

Offline James H. Hawk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 11:41:30 am »
James almost didn't come to the Repli-Mat 'party' as he was having an internal agrument with himself. Eventully he decided it would be good for him to try and meet new people so he went. As he entered he saw many faces, some he already recognised Jamie and Dylan or rather Ensign's Tornagate and Ensign Shen, though he still hadn't had a chance to get to know anyone yet. He walked over to near Captain Kirok and waited for him to finsish greating everyone else as James to shy to impose. 

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 01:09:50 pm »

Dylan cringed a little as she went immediately for the food, and began stuffing her face with everything in sight. It was a wonder she didn't choke on the food as she inhaled it. He looked over the food, but waited to see if the Captain had anything else to say before heading over. "Aye, we are both from the USS Athena, Sir. I'm an engineer there, but I used to be on the USS Phoenix."

He nodded to T'Lara, seeing a familiar face. "I believe that I have met her." he said, his mind flashing back to the events of the sun. He quickly shook those thoughts away, but his mood fell thinking of them. He excused himself and got some food.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Jamie McConnell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I love you, my light
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 02:01:54 pm »

'And has a mean sense of humor.'
James almost didn't come to the Repli-Mat 'party' as he was having an internal agrument with himself. Eventully he decided it would be good for him to try and meet new people so he went. As he entered he saw many faces, some he already recognised Jamie and Dylan or rather Ensign's Tornagate and Ensign Shen, though he still hadn't had a chance to get to know anyone yet. He walked over to near Captain Kirok and waited for him to finsish greating everyone else as James to shy to impose.

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles