Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 9876 times)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What's for Dinner?
« on: June 10, 2016, 01:09:43 am »
All,

I'm so happy to be back.

I am quickly reacquainting with old friends and eager to make new ones.

One of the popular post when I was here before was focused on what people were eating. 

So, I though I would kick it off again.

Tonight, I had Jimacan Street Tacos from PF Change.  It was 3 Kung Pau Chicken tacos over a bed of cabbage.  The tacos were super!  The cabbage was well - cabbage.

For dessert, I had the Berry Ginger Shortcake to satisfy my sweet tooth.  And the Shortcake hit the spot.

My only regret is that I got the small portion.

Next time I will definitely go for the large portion ;-)

Who's next?

Kirok 

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Archangel Koris

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 01:27:01 am »
This should be interesting!

Most of you know that my enthusiasm for food is sorely lacking.  I'll see if I can put enough detail in here to satisfy certain individuals (*cough*Luke*cough*)

Bread with tuna and cucumber, then two squares of chocolate, plus the vitamin and iron tabs I have to take >.<

Gabriel Arthur

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 01:53:18 am »
All,

I'm so happy to be back.

I am quickly reacquainting with old friends and eager to make new ones.

One of the popular post when I was here before was focused on what people were eating. 

So, I though I would kick it off again.

Tonight, I had Jimacan Street Tacos from PF Change.  It was 3 Kung Pau Chicken tacos over a bed of cabbage.  The tacos were super!  The cabbage was well - cabbage.

For dessert, I had the Berry Ginger Shortcake to satisfy my sweet tooth.  And the Shortcake hit the spot.

My only regret is that I got the small portion.

Next time I will definitely go for the large portion ;-)

Who's next?

Kirok

Are 'street tacos' when tacos go bad?

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 02:49:18 am »
This should be interesting!

Most of you know that my enthusiasm for food is sorely lacking.  I'll see if I can put enough detail in here to satisfy certain individuals (*cough*Luke*cough*)

Bread with tuna and cucumber, then two squares of chocolate, plus the vitamin and iron tabs I have to take >.<

Two squares of chocolate, yum!

Tell me more about this sandwich.  Did you eat it 'dry' or with a condiment like mayo or something?

Are 'street tacos' when tacos go bad?

They are bad to the bone, but oh so good.

In fact, I think they are poorly named. 

Maybe they should be called Heaven Tacos ;-)

Offline T'Lara

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 11:08:06 pm »
Tonight I had shrimp and vegetable fried rice, one of my favorite meals that my mom makes. For dessert I had a piece of Boston Cream pie and raspberries.

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 11:42:23 pm »
Tonight I had shrimp and vegetable fried rice, one of my favorite meals that my mom makes. For dessert I had a piece of Boston Cream pie and raspberries.

Can I come over for dinner!!!  I love stir fry.  And boston cream pie (OMG)!

I had ribs and cole slaw from O'Charlies.  It was the Memphis Hot Ribs.  Pretty good!

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 01:13:25 am »
Applebee's

Four Cheese mac n cheese with honey peppercorn chicken strips and a salad.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Riddick West

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 03:54:53 am »
For me it was 2 slices of white bread and cheese and onion crisps with a smidge of red source

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 09:57:06 pm »
Applebee's

Four Cheese mac n cheese with honey peppercorn chicken strips and a salad.

Yum!  I love man n cheese, but have had to cut down on my carbs ;-(

For me it was 2 slices of white bread and cheese and onion crisps with a smidge of red source

That sounds interesting.  Is red sauce like pizza or tomato sauce?

Tonight I'm having a salad and some mushroom tortellini with spaghetti sauce with sausage meat!

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 05:57:00 pm »
I am a well known foodie and yes, I do chide Archangel on her (lack of) meal choices.

I have not been eating healthy lately.

It's getting tiresome.

But in the meantime here are some of the yummy dishes I have been nomming on:

Burger King Whoppers and Whopper Dogs
Indian
Chinese
Cheesesteaks
Italian
Birthday cake
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:08:41 pm by Luke Stafford »

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 05:10:12 am »
I had a glass of water and a (burnt) microwave macaroni meal for two despite not having two people. Lol

You people and your fancy meals make me feel all low class. :P
RESERVED

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 03:31:10 pm »
I am a well known foodie and yes, I do chide Archangel on her (lack of) meal choices.

I have not been eating healthy lately.

It's getting tiresome.

But in the meantime here are some of the yummy dishes I have been nomming on:

Burger King Whoppers and Whopper Dogs
Indian
Chinese
Cheesesteaks
Italian
Birthday cake

Good for you for eating heathy!

How were the Whopper Dogs?

I had a glass of water and a (burnt) microwave macaroni meal for two despite not having two people. Lol

You people and your fancy meals make me feel all low class. :P

I've had my share of mac/cheese, ramen noodle with tuna, and Micheline's frozen dinners.

So, I can sympothise. 

Last night, though, I had the California Chicken Sandwich from Outback with brochlie.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 02:18:06 pm »

Good for you for eating heathy!

How were the Whopper Dogs?

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 09:19:37 pm »

Yum and Yum!

I love pasta with sausage.  It is one of the new things I recently started cooking.

Tonight for dinner, I have a cashew chicken with rice that I made at home with hoisin sauce.  For dessert, chocolate cheese cake!!!

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 09:29:50 pm »

Yum and Yum!

I love pasta with sausage.  It is one of the new things I recently started cooking.

Tonight for dinner, I have a cashew chicken with rice that I made at home with hoisin sauce.  For dessert, chocolate cheese cake!!!

You and these desserts...

I believe I have convinced a friend to get Indian takeout with me tonight. There's a new place I have tried in the neighborhood. I tested them last week and they were alright. The chicken tikka masala was a bit better than average. But the samosas had meat in them! I have never before came across this, and it was great!

I shall keep you all posted.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles