A Better Understanding (closed)

Started by Jamie McConnell, June 08, 2016, 02:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie McConnell

Jamie had to be honest with herself and realized that she was developing a slight crush on this Commander McConnell.  Perhaps it was the fact that his eyes spoke volumes and had a depth to them she had never seen before.  Her mother would have called it a haunted look, regardless he was not only fascinating he was very easy on the eyes.  She also needed to add his responses to her reports and although the terminal in her quarters was adequate she decided the Holodeck would be more so.

Scheduling her time with the Holodeck was easy enough, especially if she added that it was for medical purposes which her project was.  Jamie was never one to play around with the Holodeck like some people did.  She just didn't have time to dive into role playing or relaxing on a make believe Risa.  No, she had work to do.

So using all the information she had on Cayden McConnell, she programmed his holographic image along side the set up of her nanite project.  "Computer, begin program, Commander Cayden McConnell Alpha 1223."

His image shimmered into existence, wearing his Starfleet uniform and a scowl.  Jamie studied the image, her head tilted slightly and she frowned, "Well, you're too handsome to look so angry."  A smile pulled at the edges of her mouth, "Computer, get rid of the uniform and put in him some civilian clothing, a regular black tshirt.  And soften his facial features, don't make him so...so grumpy."

The image shimmered for a moment and the man appeared again, a she requested, in civilian clothing and wearing a much normal expression.

Jamie studied him and nodded, "Okay, you look worried, perhaps a bit confused but at least no longer grumpy."  She giggled, "Grumpy Bottoms."  That was what her mother called her when she woke up in a bad mood which was rare for Jamie.  "Okay, Commander, lets program the responses from your last message.  Computer, activate last message Stardate 70431.07."

The computer chirped and the image of Cayden began to speak:

"Doctor Shen, I hope that this message finds you well. I'll be more than happy to answer your questions."

"Nice."  Jamie grinned, watching how much nicer it was to actually talk to the man face to face.  She took a deep breath and let it out slowly.  This man was definitely doing something to her, but she didn't know exactly what that was.

"What have I seen as the biggest obstacle when it comes to wounds sustained on the battlefield?  Well, I would say that getting the injured individual CASEVAC'd out to a Shock Trauma Unit would be the biggest obstacle. Often times, we can't transport people out due to dampening fields or just plan old interference."

"I should be taking notes, but I can't stop staring at you."  Jamie sighed and crossed her arms.  One part of her brain was really paying attention and making mental notes, but another part was just fascinated with how his blue eyes sparkled under the lights.

"How would I help a medical to be better able to help everyone that needs it?  Triaging the patients is probably the best thing that could be done. Wounds vary from conflict to conflict. You can have puncture wounds, plasma burns, broken bones, concussion injuries....there are any sort of injuries that could be sustained in a conflict. I guess, the best thing to prepare a medic would be for them to be able to pick which ones they can save."

Looking away for a moment, he paused before continuing.

"Not everyone gets to leave the battlefield alive."

Lifting the PADD he read Shen's final question and smiled to himself. The look in his eyes was one of someone who had seen many horrible things in his travels and still being slightly haunted by them.

In a typical situation, how many wounded will there be at any given time? Well Doctor, I honestly don't have an answer to that. There have been times when an entire Unit was wounded but continued on. I guess it depends on how badly the enemy wants you dead."

He smiled and attempted to put on a jovial expression.

"I hope these help your tests, Doctor. Let me know if you have any other questions. I don't appear to be going anywhere at the moment. I hope your travels keep you safe and of I may say so, you look lovely in lavender."

The last part made Jamie flush and the flush made her cheeks burn.  She rubbed at them, embarrassed with herself, although there was no one around to see her.  She lifted her green eyes and found herself bashfully looked at him.  No man had made her feel like a twelve year old girl and she both hated and loved it.  "Damn you, Cayden McConnell."  His image frowned slightly and she realized he was still active.  The computer had downloaded his personality, well whatever was available.  Mental status, therapeutic reports and just the personal logs that were allowed to be viewed.

This all formed as close to the man's real personality as it could get without having him actually present.  "Sorry, Commander."  Jamie apologized to the image and smiled, realizing she was acting like a teenaged girl.  "Thank you for your compliment.  Lavender is my favorite color and I think it looks good, it's nice to have confirmation on that."  She looked around and grinned, "So are you seeing anyone?"  Jamie giggled at that one, her blush increasing to a flush then she shook her head, "What are you doing, Jamie, get a hold of yourself."   

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 08, 2016, 02:29:56 PM

Jamie had to be honest with herself and realized that she was developing a slight crush on this Commander McConnell.  Perhaps it was the fact that his eyes spoke volumes and had a depth to them she had never seen before.  Her mother would have called it a haunted look, regardless he was not only fascinating he was very easy on the eyes.  She also needed to add his responses to her reports and although the terminal in her quarters was adequate she decided the Holodeck would be more so.

Scheduling her time with the Holodeck was easy enough, especially if she added that it was for medical purposes which her project was.  Jamie was never one to play around with the Holodeck like some people did.  She just didn't have time to dive into role playing or relaxing on a make believe Risa.  No, she had work to do.

So using all the information she had on Cayden McConnell, she programmed his holographic image along side the set up of her nanite project.  "Computer, begin program, Commander Cayden McConnell Alpha 1223."

His image shimmered into existence, wearing his Starfleet uniform and a scowl.  Jamie studied the image, her head tilted slightly and she frowned, "Well, you're too handsome to look so angry."  A smile pulled at the edges of her mouth, "Computer, get rid of the uniform and put in him some civilian clothing, a regular black tshirt.  And soften his facial features, don't make him so...so grumpy."

The image shimmered for a moment and the man appeared again, a she requested, in civilian clothing and wearing a much normal expression.

Jamie studied him and nodded, "Okay, you look worried, perhaps a bit confused but at least no longer grumpy."  She giggled, "Grumpy Bottoms."  That was what her mother called her when she woke up in a bad mood which was rare for Jamie.  "Okay, Commander, lets program the responses from your last message.  Computer, activate last message Stardate 70431.07."

The computer chirped and the image of Cayden began to speak:

"Doctor Shen, I hope that this message finds you well. I'll be more than happy to answer your questions."

"Nice."  Jamie grinned, watching how much nicer it was to actually talk to the man face to face.  She took a deep breath and let it out slowly.  This man was definitely doing something to her, but she didn't know exactly what that was.

"What have I seen as the biggest obstacle when it comes to wounds sustained on the battlefield?  Well, I would say that getting the injured individual CASEVAC'd out to a Shock Trauma Unit would be the biggest obstacle. Often times, we can't transport people out due to dampening fields or just plan old interference."

"I should be taking notes, but I can't stop staring at you."  Jamie sighed and crossed her arms.  One part of her brain was really paying attention and making mental notes, but another part was just fascinated with how his blue eyes sparkled under the lights.

"How would I help a medical to be better able to help everyone that needs it?  Triaging the patients is probably the best thing that could be done. Wounds vary from conflict to conflict. You can have puncture wounds, plasma burns, broken bones, concussion injuries....there are any sort of injuries that could be sustained in a conflict. I guess, the best thing to prepare a medic would be for them to be able to pick which ones they can save."

Looking away for a moment, he paused before continuing.

"Not everyone gets to leave the battlefield alive."

Lifting the PADD he read Shen's final question and smiled to himself. The look in his eyes was one of someone who had seen many horrible things in his travels and still being slightly haunted by them.

In a typical situation, how many wounded will there be at any given time? Well Doctor, I honestly don't have an answer to that. There have been times when an entire Unit was wounded but continued on. I guess it depends on how badly the enemy wants you dead."

He smiled and attempted to put on a jovial expression.

"I hope these help your tests, Doctor. Let me know if you have any other questions. I don't appear to be going anywhere at the moment. I hope your travels keep you safe and of I may say so, you look lovely in lavender."

The last part made Jamie flush and the flush made her cheeks burn.  She rubbed at them, embarrassed with herself, although there was no one around to see her.  She lifted her green eyes and found herself bashfully looked at him.  No man had made her feel like a twelve year old girl and she both hated and loved it.  "Damn you, Cayden McConnell."  His image frowned slightly and she realized he was still active.  The computer had downloaded his personality, well whatever was available.  Mental status, therapeutic reports and just the personal logs that were allowed to be viewed.

This all formed as close to the man's real personality as it could get without having him actually present.  "Sorry, Commander."  Jamie apologized to the image and smiled, realizing she was acting like a teenaged girl.  "Thank you for your compliment.  Lavender is my favorite color and I think it looks good, it's nice to have confirmation on that."  She looked around and grinned, "So are you seeing anyone?"  Jamie giggled at that one, her blush increasing to a flush then she shook her head, "What are you doing, Jamie, get a hold of yourself."

[As the holographic representation of Cayden McConnell]

The hologram looked around at the surrounding holodeck. The yellow hologram lines were the only things represented by the environment. Looking at Ensign Shen, the hologram nodded.

"Currently you are the only person I am seeing. However, if you are curious about my relationship status, there is not enough information for the computer to derive an answer for you."

Smiling, the holo-Cayden continued.

"I am the best representation of the actual Cayden McConnell that theven computer can put togethere from the extrapolated files. May I ask what you are hoping to accomplish with this holo-program?"

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on June 08, 2016, 04:18:22 PM

[As the holographic representation of Cayden McConnell]

The hologram looked around at the surrounding holodeck. The yellow hologram lines were the only things represented by the environment. Looking at Ensign Shen, the hologram nodded.

"Currently you are the only person I am seeing. However, if you are curious about my relationship status, there is not enough information for the computer to derive an answer for you."

Jamie flushed again, it seemed to be standard and she hoped it would get out of her system in case she ever met the real Commander McConnell.  "Damn you."  She muttered under her breath, but if it was geared towards the good looking human commander or herself she wasn't quite sure.

She cleared her throat and straightened her back, squaring her shoulders and taking the usual hands behind the back stance.  Lifting her chin she responded, "That won't be necessary, Commander.  It was a joke."  Her voice cracked a bit on that last word and she mentally kicked herself.  Outwardly she would be sweating if she could sweat.  Blessed Vulcan metabolism.

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on June 08, 2016, 04:18:22 PM

Smiling, the holo-Cayden continued.

"I am the best representation of the actual Cayden McConnell that even computer can put together from the extrapolated files. May I ask what you are hoping to accomplish with this holo-program?"

"You may."  Jamie relaxed a bit as the man smiled, his eyes seemed to sparkle conspiringly under the lights of the holodeck.  "Computer, initiate program, Shen Alpha PPB 110."  The computer chirped acknowledgement and soon the holodeck shimmered and her lab display came into view, including the floating image of the bullet ant.

She moved closer to holo-Cayden, looking up at his face with a smile.  "Your hair is a bit longer than the real Cayden's.  Why do you cut it so short?"  She reached up without thinking and played with a strand of blond hair.  "It's too nice to be so short." 

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 08, 2016, 05:20:39 PM

Jamie flushed again, it seemed to be standard and she hoped it would get out of her system in case she ever met the real Commander McConnell.  "Damn you."  She muttered under her breath, but if it was geared towards the good looking human commander or herself she wasn't quite sure.

She cleared her throat and straightened her back, squaring her shoulders and taking the usual hands behind the back stance.  Lifting her chin she responded, "That won't be necessary, Commander.  It was a joke."  Her voice cracked a bit on that last word and she mentally kicked herself.  Outwardly she would be sweating if she could sweat.  Blessed Vulcan metabolism.

"You may."  Jamie relaxed a bit as the man smiled, his eyes seemed to sparkle conspiringly under the lights of the holodeck.  "Computer, initiate program, Shen Alpha PPB 110."  The computer chirped acknowledgement and soon the holodeck shimmered and her lab display came into view, including the floating image of the bullet ant.

She moved closer to holo-Cayden, looking up at his face with a smile.  "Your hair is a bit longer than the real Cayden's.  Why do you cut it so short?"  She reached up without thinking and played with a strand of blond hair.  "It's too nice to be so short."

Holo-Cayden looked at the surroundings and then back to Ensign Shen.

"My hair was cut short in August 2391. This period is met with several gaps in my service record. I'm sure the adjustment to my hair was in regards to a necessity for something easily maintained."

Looking back to the Doctor, he smiled.

"You have an insect problem?" He said, gesturing at the floating representation of the bullet ant.

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Cayden McConnell on June 08, 2016, 05:34:45 PM

Holo-Cayden looked at the surroundings and then back to Ensign Shen.

"My hair was cut short in August 2391. This period is met with several gaps in my service record. I'm sure the adjustment to my hair was in regards to a necessity for something easily maintained."

"I see,"  Jamie responded quietly her good mood turning a bit somber as the realization of what Holo-Cayden had just informed her.  Her green eyes flickered over his face as he looked around.  There was so much there said and unsaid and she wished she could imagine what he'd been through.  The gaps in his open record spoke volumes, like the way a lack of light indicated a hidden spacial body.
Quote from: Cayden McConnell on June 08, 2016, 05:34:45 PM

Looking back to the Doctor, he smiled.

"You have an insect problem?" He said, gesturing at the floating representation of the bullet ant.

She shook herself off her thoughts and regained her smile, "Oh the bullet ant."  Jamie waved a hand over it, activated the hand controls and opened the nanite file.  She made a little gesture with her hand, flicking her wrist until the nanite enlarged and stood side by side with the ant.

"As you can see, sir."  The medical ensign began, "The nanite has actually been modeled after the ant.  The mandibles work the same way.  These ants are sometimes used to staple such open cuts on the human skin without causing infection.  These are the nanites I'm planning on using.  What do you think?"  She placed her hands on her hips and gave him a questioning look wondering what was going on behind those deep blue eyes. 

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 09, 2016, 01:40:35 PM

"I see,"  Jamie responded quietly her good mood turning a bit somber as the realization of what Holo-Cayden had just informed her.  Her green eyes flickered over his face as he looked around.  There was so much there said and unsaid and she wished she could imagine what he'd been through.  The gaps in his open record spoke volumes, like the way a lack of light indicated a hidden spacial body.

She shook herself off her thoughts and regained her smile, "Oh the bullet ant."  Jamie waved a hand over it, activated the hand controls and opened the nanite file.  She made a little gesture with her hand, flicking her wrist until the nanite enlarged and stood side by side with the ant.

"As you can see, sir."  The medical ensign began, "The nanite has actually been modeled after the ant.  The mandibles work the same way.  These ants are sometimes used to staple such open cuts on the human skin without causing infection.  These are the nanites I'm planning on using.  What do you think?"  She placed her hands on her hips and gave him a questioning look wondering what was going on behind those deep blue eyes.

Holo-Cayden peered at the model of the bullet and for a moment and listened to the Doctor'said explanation about the nanites.

"You'll forgive me Doctor but what happens when there is a dampening fields? These will work in a Shock Trauma environment but what happens if there is combat in an environment that has energy dampening fields?"

Pausing as he looked at the Doctor, he stared at her for a moment.

"Your theory would work for most battlefield situations but there are incidents where engagements occur within an enemy dampening zone."

Jamie McConnell

Jamie couldn't take her eyes off the image before her.  She watched as his intelligent eyes took in the information she gave him and showed him and she could almost see how the gears were moving inside that mind of his.  She had believed him nothing more than a combat driven warrior with a desk job but she was completely wrong.  Taking a deep breath she nodded at his comment and question.  "Dampening fields are a doctor's worst enemy."

She went back to her computer terminal then raised her hand and tossed the images to one side and instead produced an image of an artificial heart.  "This was a problem doctors had for people that used artificial organs.  A dampening field would affect them as well, causing their deaths of course.  So they came with a solution using the person's own body as a shield.  Basically injecting their blood stream with particles that would shield their precious organs from these fields."

Jamie smiled up at him, "We can inject those same particles along with the nanites to allow them to do their work.  They'll be shielded inside a person's body.  Of course this is only theory, but thank you for bringing it up.  See, this is why I need your mind."  The doctor walked up to him and lifted a hand, wanting, for a moment, to place it on his chest.  It was a holo-image after all and not the real man.  That would not only be inappropriate but so embarrassing.

'Holo-Cayden wouldn't tell the real one would he?' She pondered for a moment, then mentally kicked herself.  This was a research program not a pleasure one.  Her green eyes flickered over his face, landing briefly on his lips before moving back to his eyes.  Forest green crashing against Cornflower blue.  Or was it sky blue?  She couldn't make up her mind.

Jamie stifled the urge to touch him and let her hands fall to her sides.  "Nanites, however, aren't easy to produce and some would argue that not everyone should handle them.  My next question would be.  In your opinion, are military medics capable of using them?"   

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 10, 2016, 02:23:53 PM

Jamie couldn't take her eyes off the image before her.  She watched as his intelligent eyes took in the information she gave him and showed him and she could almost see how the gears were moving inside that mind of his.  She had believed him nothing more than a combat driven warrior with a desk job but she was completely wrong.  Taking a deep breath she nodded at his comment and question.  "Dampening fields are a doctor's worst enemy."

She went back to her computer terminal then raised her hand and tossed the images to one side and instead produced an image of an artificial heart.  "This was a problem doctors had for people that used artificial organs.  A dampening field would affect them as well, causing their deaths of course.  So they came with a solution using the person's own body as a shield.  Basically injecting their blood stream with particles that would shield their precious organs from these fields."

Jamie smiled up at him, "We can inject those same particles along with the nanites to allow them to do their work.  They'll be shielded inside a person's body.  Of course this is only theory, but thank you for bringing it up.  See, this is why I need your mind."  The doctor walked up to him and lifted a hand, wanting, for a moment, to place it on his chest.  It was a holo-image after all and not the real man.  That would not only be inappropriate but so embarrassing.

'Holo-Cayden wouldn't tell the real one would he?' She pondered for a moment, then mentally kicked herself.  This was a research program not a pleasure one.  Her green eyes flickered over his face, landing briefly on his lips before moving back to his eyes.  Forest green crashing against Cornflower blue.  Or was it sky blue?  She couldn't make up her mind.

Jamie stifled the urge to touch him and let her hands fall to her sides.  "Nanites, however, aren't easy to produce and some would argue that not everyone should handle them.  My next question would be.  In your opinion, are military medics capable of using them?"

Holo-Cayden appeared to ponder the quespionage for a moment but in actuality, he was accessing whatever data was available to him, regarding Cayden's thoughts on combat medics.

"I would say that combat medics are as gof of people as any to handle them. They endure a high amount of stress and are able to think relatively clearly under duress. That is of course, in their job description."

The holographic image noticed Doctor Shen's motion of raising her hand and coming close to him.

"As far as the nanites go...I can think of no better hands for then to be in, aside from yours, of course. Doctor, may I ask a question?"

Not waiting for her response, holo-Cayden proceeded anyway.

"You seem a bit flustered and judging from your actions, have other things on your mind besides nanites and bullet ants."

Smiling, he looked at her with his big blue eyes.

"Even a facsimile can read that."

Jamie McConnell

Jamie had almost forgotten what she had asked Holo-Cayden but nodded at the information he provided.  She had to agree with him, combat medics were more than capable, but of course they would have to convince those in authority.  His question however, took her for a spin and she found herself grasping for words.  Her mouth opened and closed with unspoken words making her look like some Vulcan looking fish.   She decided to just be open with it and let out a sigh.

"Fine, you got me, you happy?"  Jamie responded and waved her hands in the air in the Á¢â,¬Ëœi give up' position.  She then frowned, her bottom lip sticking out in a pout as she crossed her arms.  "Why do you have to be so smart? Huh?  You're pretty enough just to stand there and look well...pretty."

Her eyes flickered over his face, and that smile that played on his red lips.  It was unfair for a man to have lips that welcoming.  Although they were mostly pinched when talking at the moment they were relaxed into what she could only guess was a pleasant if not completely amused smile.

No, he was being smug!  Damn man!

"So, I find you attractive, Commander."  She finally admitted, "I didn't know that was a crime?  I'm sure you have ladies vying for your attention all the time.  I'm sure one more won't tarnish all those medals.  I mean, there's a reason why you've never been married.  What's a matter, Commander."  Jamie decided to turn the table on him, "No one good enough for the great Commander McConnell?"

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 10, 2016, 04:10:08 PM

Jamie had almost forgotten what she had asked Holo-Cayden but nodded at the information he provided.  She had to agree with him, combat medics were more than capable, but of course they would have to convince those in authority.  His question however, took her for a spin and she found herself grasping for words.  Her mouth opened and closed with unspoken words making her look like some Vulcan looking fish.   She decided to just be open with it and let out a sigh.

"Fine, you got me, you happy?"  Jamie responded and waved her hands in the air in the Á¢â,¬Ëœi give up' position.  She then frowned, her bottom lip sticking out in a pout as she crossed her arms.  "Why do you have to be so smart? Huh?  You're pretty enough just to stand there and look well...pretty."

Her eyes flickered over his face, and that smile that played on his red lips.  It was unfair for a man to have lips that welcoming.  Although they were mostly pinched when talking at the moment they were relaxed into what she could only guess was a pleasant if not completely amused smile.

No, he was being smug!  Damn man!

"So, I find you attractive, Commander."  She finally admitted, "I didn't know that was a crime?  I'm sure you have ladies vying for your attention all the time.  I'm sure one more won't tarnish all those medals.  I mean, there's a reason why you've never been married.  What's a matter, Commander."  Jamie decided to turn the table on him, "No one good enough for the great Commander McConnell?"

Holo-Cayden looked at the Doctor for a moment, before responding to her.

"It was not my intention to "get you". I merely wanted to address the elephant in the room. You seemed to have a little bit of tension."

Walking around her for a moment, he paused behind her. Leaning forwaRd, he began to whisper into her ear

"I'm sure that there have been many women vying for my affection but as my records show, I'm a very busy man. I'm sure the right woman will come along one day and sweep me off my feet."

He said with a smile.

"As far as being good enough for the great Commander McConnell, perhaps you should ask him, personally."

Jamie McConnell

Jamie let out a breath she had not realized she had been holding in.  Her tough Á¢â,¬Ëœact' clearly did not work on this man.  Her hand rubbed her upper arm as she felt chills going down her spine but they weren't of fear or dread but of something else.   "So you..um he has his pick of chicks.  I'm sorry but I'm not the type."

She shuddered visibly when he whispered in her ear and the holo-image made it possible for her to feel the heat coming from the Cayden's body as if he was really there.  They were making Holodecks so much better now.

Jamie turned around and faced him, he was so close they were almost nose to nose.  Her eyes flickered up and she let out another breath and swallowed hard before responded, "Now why would I bother him with that?"  She gave him a nervous smile but did not retreat.  "He agreed to help me with my work, not date me."  Jamie chuckled, "Besides, he's probably too Á¢â,¬Ëœbusy'." 

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 14, 2016, 02:30:00 PM

Jamie let out a breath she had not realized she had been holding in.  Her tough Á¢â,¬Ëœact' clearly did not work on this man.  Her hand rubbed her upper arm as she felt chills going down her spine but they weren't of fear or dread but of something else.   "So you..um he has his pick of chicks.  I'm sorry but I'm not the type."

She shuddered visibly when he whispered in her ear and the holo-image made it possible for her to feel the heat coming from the Cayden's body as if he was really there.  They were making Holodecks so much better now.

Jamie turned around and faced him, he was so close they were almost nose to nose.  Her eyes flickered up and she let out another breath and swallowed hard before responded, "Now why would I bother him with that?"  She gave him a nervous smile but did not retreat.  "He agreed to help me with my work, not date me."  Jamie chuckled, "Besides, he's probably too Á¢â,¬Ëœbusy'."

Holo-Cayden smiled at theach the woman and gave a slight shrug.

"Those who wait, often miss their opportunity."

Smiling he the holo-image came up with the phrase that the person he represented often used.

"Audaces fortuna iuvat. Commander McConnell is currently stationed on Starbase Columbus, assigned as the Commanding Officer of the USS Monitor and the Starbase Executive Officer, unail a suitable replacement can be found." He said with a grin.

"And besides, if I or he, is not your type, then why get flustered when looking at images of him or when the holo-projection gets so close?"

Jamie McConnell

"It has nothing to do with boldness!"  Jamie guffawed and placed her hands on her hips, finding her hackles rising.  "But you ...he IS a Commander and I'm a lowly Ensign.  There are rules and regulations."  She moved then, waving her arms around as her quick Vulcan mind began to think logically.  "And of course he's always busy.  Why would I want to get involved with a man I may not see for months and months?"

Jamie spun around when she suddenly realized something, "Of course he's my type, but..."  She narrowed her eyes at Cayden's image, "Why are you so insistent that I meet the real you, hmmm?"

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 14, 2016, 03:40:52 PM

"It has nothing to do with boldness!"  Jamie guffawed and placed her hands on her hips, finding her hackles rising.  "But you ...he IS a Commander and I'm a lowly Ensign.  There are rules and regulations."  She moved then, waving her arms around as her quick Vulcan mind began to think logically.  "And of course he's always busy.  Why would I want to get involved with a man I may not see for months and months?"

Jamie spun around when she suddenly realized something, "Of course he's my type, but..."  She narrowed her eyes at Cayden's image, "Why are you so insistent that I meet the real you, hmmm?"

Holo-Cayden smiled for a moment.

"I may be a holographic representation of Commander McConnell but I have access to some of his personal logs and the computer has created me to be the best approximation of him from sources available. That said, who best to look out for Cayden McConnell than his holo-clone?" He said with a slight chuckle.

"That and you will be able to fill in the gaps with him that I can't. Cayden McConnell may be a Commander but at the end of the day, that can all be taken away and he could end up just a civilian."

Walking around Jamie slowly, he placed his hands behind his back.

"From his last personality profile, rank is not something that is important to him. It's your character and...." He said, placing a hand on his chest and making a slight tapping motion, "it's your heart."

Jamie McConnell

Jamie pondered on Holo-Cayden's words for a moment as she chewed on her bottom lip.  There was so information there, both given and hidden.  She was sure that the holo-image was being cryptic and she didn't know if that was because of Cayden's personality or in spite of it.  Her eyes studied Cayden's face closely, as the perfect rendition of it she couldn't help wanting to burn it into her mind until all she dreamed about was him.

She moved up to the image and placed a hand over Cayden's down, "Heart is it?  I still don't understand why you think he needs this, but I'll take your word for it."   Jamie smiled warmly, pondering it for a moment before taking her hand back and walking a few steps back giving the image some breathing space.

She took deep breath and nodded, "Alright, I'll talk to him, but at my own pace."  Jamie lifted a finger at him and grinned, "That being said and agreed upon, shall we continue with this?"

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.