Pet Project (Jamie/Dylan)

Started by Jamie McConnell, June 07, 2016, 02:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie McConnell

"Well actually they will be smaller than blood cells so there's no need to worry about bloodstream."  She put a human red blood cell up and set it against her design.  "As you can see, their main job will be closing veins, capillaries and of course arteries."  She pondered on it, tapping her lips with a finger.  "We can make the fin smaller, but can we make the claw larger depending on the type of wound?  I mean can it expand and contract?"

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Dylan Torngate

Dylan sucked in some air through his teeth as she said this. His mind was stating very clearly to him. 'No No No No No No nonononononononono a thousand times NO! but he didn't let that show on his face. "Well.... Have you ever heard of exocomps?" he said, looking at her. "They were machines with replicator functions built in that became sentient. All in all, when the dust settled, no autonomous machines are allowed to have replicator function unless you have express authorization from the Federation Science Council."

He knew it would disappoint, so he covered quickly. "However we can design a variety of sizes, to compensate for this."

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Jamie McConnell

"Oh I didn't know that."  Jamie admitted with a shrug of her lips.  She shifted from one foot to the other and she pondered on it.  "I suppose we could have nanites sizes, I mean we seem to do so with everything else."  She sighed, "Still, it just means more for the combat medics to carry.  Can they replicate?  So that we can start with perhaps a dozen or so and have them replicate more depending on the size of the injury?" 

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Jamie Shen on June 17, 2016, 02:33:28 PM

"Oh I didn't know that."  Jamie admitted with a shrug of her lips.  She shifted from one foot to the other and she pondered on it.  "I suppose we could have nanites sizes, I mean we seem to do so with everything else."  She sighed, "Still, it just means more for the combat medics to carry.  Can they replicate?  So that we can start with perhaps a dozen or so and have them replicate more depending on the size of the injury?"

"Yeah it's not a well known rule, at least not unless you're in the world of Nanotech. It's not often enforced but when it is they get really picky about it." he said, shrugging and removing the offending part.

"They can't really replicate, unfortunately. We'd be reliant on what we had in the bloodstream already, unless we made a hypospray with more in them..." he trailed off, thinking about it and pulling up a hypospray delivery method.

"Again with replication it's the same issue, any way besides injection of existing nanites and we'd be limited to however many were in the bloodstream at first." he said, annoyed as to the specificness of the regulation. "However with the size of the nanites, would a small micro-tractor system be possible to pull together the injury? It's a long shot but you'd know better than I."

Shadow Fleet

Jamie McConnell

Jamie tugged at her bottom lip as Dylan told her what she already knew.  No replication.  That was annoying but she could see the danger in that.  Dealing with a swarm of intelligent nanites was right out of a horror holo-drama.  At his last suggestion she turned to him, "Tell me more about the micro-tractor system.  How will it work? " 

Human/Vulcan Hybrid

Dylan Torngate

"Well..." he said. thinking it through. "A tractor beam is an attenuated linear graviton beam. That's simple enough to have on a molecular level, I guess... It'd just exert graviton beams that would put spatial stresses on the object in specific areas, allowing it to pull the torn flesh together. If I remember my basic first aid, this would make it easier for the blood to clot. But you're the doc, Doc."

Shadow Fleet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.