Author Topic: Personal log - Lennox Ainsley  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Failing means you're playing.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Personal log - Lennox Ainsley
« on: June 05, 2016, 08:03:35 am »
[Initializing...rebooting...]

Lennox gave a long sigh of exasperation as he waited for the log to load. It had been suffering from a couple of technical issues, but not enough to send him into a frenzy of slurs and curses. He had noticed a couple of the crew had set up these logs and he wanted to know more about it, learn why they did these personal logs.

[Log begin]

"Ah, finally, the bloody t'ing decides te bloody load up," Lennox pauses for a moment as he glances over his shoulder. "I've been reassigned, ye could call it, from te Starbase te the USS Discovery. I've finally got a proper ship. Wonder w'at me siblin's and me family t'ink of t'is."

There's a silence for a moment before Lennox could be heard taking in a breath before exhaling.

"Ye don't understand te w'at level o' excitement I'm at. I've been readin' up on the Discovery and well, bein' my first few days, I've check out w'at firepower the ship's got. Ah, t'is is w'ere it gets bloody excitin'! Akira class, with a whoppin' big cargo space of 47,254 metric tons. Ye probably do know what I'm gettin' to. Yes, the big guns. Torpedo launchers, firin' 5 per launcher, quantum, photon and transphasic torps too."

Another silence.

"Not goin' te lie, t'is a feckin' good ship. But fer now, I'm goin' te have a look around, get te know people and then, well, we'll see."

[Log End]

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Personal log - Lennox Ainsley
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 07:31:41 pm »
[Log begin]

"Yer probably not goin' te believe me if I said it, but, gettin' te know people means I 'ad been put as a representative of the feckin' security branch." Lennox said, leaning back in his chair, a ghost of a grin emerging on his face.

"I've been paired up wit' Mr. Hawke, te find anythin' outta the ordinary in regards with Lt. Hobbs' death..."

There is a pause and an intake of breath, "But yer best of not knowin' w'at the ins and outs of the case is. I'm not goin' te be updatin' t'is until the case is wrapped up. And, I need te get back te work."

Lennox stands up suddenly, his chair spinning as he closes the log.

[Log End]

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 05:04:03 am »
[Log begins]

"The bloody ambassador!" Lennox shifts in his chair as he tries to make himself comfortable. "Te be frank, nev'r saw t'at comin'. Perhaps i was lookin' in the wrong places."

He strokes his stubble.

"But, I'm glad t'at t'is finally gets wrapped as three others coulda lost their lives. And, jus' when I 'ad thought I was gettin' used to te crew on-board...it seems as if they had shifted them with a new ship comin' inte play," Lennox gives a small smile, but hesitates to say anymore. "Fer the mean time, I'm stayin' and had been given a small promotion; Crewman apprentice."

"Anyway, I 'ave a job te be gettin' one wit'. Talk later."

Lennox reaches to the camera and shuts off the feed.

[Log End]

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 10:28:32 pm »
[Log begins]

The camera fuzzes before coming into focus, at the time only seeing the top of Lennox's ginger hair. For a moment there is nothing and then everything comes alive with the jerking of the Scotsman's head, eyes focusing on the camera.

"Uh, I was told I needed te do 'nother one o' 'hese. Dunnae 'ave a clue te why but, it mus' 'ave a use somewhere and not jus' fer my sanity." Lennox chuckled, rubbing the last remnants of sleep away.

He points to himself, "I got promoted te crewman, fully fledged. Woo, me. More responsibilities come wit' and well, that's completely fine wit' me. Though..."

Just in the corner of the camera, the side of a silver flask peaks into shot before his hand goes to shuffle it out of the way. There is a clanging of draws as Lennox then decides to place it in one of them for safer keeping, "I know I made ye a promise, sis. Drinkin' occasionally is fine, righ'?" Lennox sighs as he taps against the desk.

"Is 'here anythin' else I need te talk 'bout aside from our last mission? Uh, I ended up in blues as a feckin' scientist, aye, me a feckin' knowledge box! Haha!" Lennox grins, shaking his head. "Och, the weird shite I've been through."

[Log ends abruptly]

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 09:55:56 pm »
[Log begins]

Lennox is on his chair, feet placed on the table, just out of the view of the camera. He is holding a beverage in his hand.

"Well, well...ye know when I was a youn'n an' I asked my father 'hat it was like lookin' after me, he responded wit' one word: 'stressful.' I guess I 'as lucky wit' John but havin' 'elp Kali out wit' toddlers certainly taugh' me a feckin' lesson."

He took a sip of his beverage, allowing for the steam to waft over his face. He looks sternly at the camera for a moment before leaning forward to adjust it.

"So, ye may be askin' how life 'as been treatin' me. I could respond in varyin' different ways but I guess my shiners," Lennox points to his black eye. "Probably could tell ye a better story if it 'ad the capabilities to. 'Ey, what can a Scotsman say te a good drink an' a pub brawl?"

Lennox chuckles before drinking the rest of his beverage, placing it to one side. He once again leans forward, but at the same time, the chair slips from underneath him. There is a heavy thud as Lennox hits the floor before his face reappears on the screen, "Ye saw nothin'."

The screen goes dark.

[Log ends]

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles