Author Topic: Attention on Deck (Open Meet and Greet! Come on In!)  (Read 5765 times)

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Attention on Deck (Open Meet and Greet! Come on In!)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 09:15:15 pm »
[Briefing Room]

Ma'am was such a formal term. She liked it. Formality was next to perfection in her mind and she liked a well-oiled ship with good manner. God help the first cowboy she came across.

Out of her eye she spied Ilana, but she looked nervous. Being an introvert herself, she didn't invite her over- she probably needed time to acclimate. She'd give her time to warm up to the room and invite her over in a minute.

She extended the same courtesy to Mr. Hawk. He would speak in due course, she was sure.

To Luke she replied,

There was something approaching pride in her voice but she kept it well hidden.

Finally, she addressed Mr. Waring.

She chided, though she did so with a warm smile rather than contempt.

She said, nursing a noticeably undiminished glass of Androian Brandy.

Pausing for a moment, she let Raynor introduce himself,

She said, with solid, ernest, respect in her voice. She understood Klingon and could even speak it a bit- but she felt it patronizing to speak it simply to impress someone, she'd rather let her actions speak for her.

"Aah, yes Ma'am." he said, glancing at his feet quickly before returning his gaze ahead. "Born and raised on 'em. Spent most of my life on them till I went planetside." He thought back to his family, the two he'd lost to the transports and the two that he still had left. "Nobody I know left there, though." he said, shrugging his shoulders.

He looked around at the others, raising an eyebrow at the Cardassian, and blinking in sheer shock at the Klingon. Not just a Klingon, a Klingon in BLUE! It was a marked change from what he'd seen before, but he kept his mouth shut. He wouldn't want to provoke or insult any Klingons, Sciences or not.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 03:37:39 am »
[Briefing Room]

Ma'am was such a formal term. She liked it. Formality was next to perfection in her mind and she liked a well-oiled ship with good manner. God help the first cowboy she came across.

Out of her eye she spied Ilana, but she looked nervous. Being an introvert herself, she didn't invite her over- she probably needed time to acclimate. She'd give her time to warm up to the room and invite her over in a minute.

She extended the same courtesy to Mr. Hawk. He would speak in due course, she was sure.

To Luke she replied,

There was something approaching pride in her voice but she kept it well hidden.

Finally, she addressed Mr. Waring.

She chided, though she did so with a warm smile rather than contempt.

She said, nursing a noticeably undiminished glass of Androian Brandy.

Pausing for a moment, she let Raynor introduce himself,

She said, with solid, ernest, respect in her voice. She understood Klingon and could even speak it a bit- but she felt it patronizing to speak it simply to impress someone, she'd rather let her actions speak for her.
[Briefing Room]

"Your going to have to look awfully hard, Ma'am." He let out a chuckle as she continued to speak to the others present. One of the things that had been mentioned was about Mister Torngate being a boomer.

"Mr. Torngate" he began, hoping to grab the man's attention "You wouldn't happen to recall a freighter SS November Union would you? It ran from deep space outposts to the Core Worlds? I lived and served aboard her for a few years as Second Officer and Chief Engineer." The chances of him remembering such a vague ship or the name were low but he figured why not. Perhaps this could be a talking point between them.
RESERVED

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 02:39:37 am »
[Briefing Room]

"Your going to have to look awfully hard, Ma'am." He let out a chuckle as she continued to speak to the others present. One of the things that had been mentioned was about Mister Torngate being a boomer.

"Mr. Torngate" he began, hoping to grab the man's attention "You wouldn't happen to recall a freighter SS November Union would you? It ran from deep space outposts to the Core Worlds? I lived and served aboard her for a few years as Second Officer and Chief Engineer." The chances of him remembering such a vague ship or the name were low but he figured why not. Perhaps this could be a talking point between them.

[Briefing Room]

"Aye sir?" he asked when his name was spoken, looking over. "November Union..." he said, thinking. "Yisneth class, maximum warp seven point oh five, beam seventy meters without cargo pods, rather good ship." he said, rattling off facts. "Ran across her once, when I was ten in 2384. Their captain and ours had some...erm... Creative differences on a particular woman in port."

He relaxed at the memories, remembering all the good times he'd had on the freighters, especially the SS Aurax, where he'd grown up.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline William Waring

• RESERVED
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • RESERVED
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 04:14:00 am »
[Briefing Room]

"Aye sir?" he asked when his name was spoken, looking over. "November Union..." he said, thinking. "Yisneth class, maximum warp seven point oh five, beam seventy meters without cargo pods, rather good ship." he said, rattling off facts. "Ran across her once, when I was ten in 2384. Their captain and ours had some...erm... Creative differences on a particular woman in port."

He relaxed at the memories, remembering all the good times he'd had on the freighters, especially the SS Aurax, where he'd grown up.
[Briefing Room]

"Aye. That was her alright. A bit before my time aboard I'm afraid, although Cap'n Dalson would always tell that story when he wanted to show how tough he was. Wasn't to convincing though. He was all bark and no bite." He let off a small laugh. He hadn't really talked about his days aboard the freighter with anyone, not even Ruth, because very few knew what it was like to live on one.

"Well" he began again as a smile crept onto his face "While serving aboard I did some unofficial modifications to the Warp Drive. Oh you should have seen their faces when they breezed past Warp 7.5! They didn't know what to do. Sadly those modifications burned out our drive when we dropped out of Warp at some backwoods Outpost. I had some good times aboard that freighter. Like the time we lost Grav Plating for a week! Good times." Most freighters has their share of problems and the one Will served aboard was no different.
RESERVED

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles