Author Topic: Shadowfleet Data! (Big, Beautiful, Data!)  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Shadowfleet Data! (Big, Beautiful, Data!)
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:54:13 am »
So way back when I made and maintained a spreadsheet of every roster on Shadowfleet. It took me about a lot of labor and love to pull all the data from the site (and I'm sure I didn't get everything) but take a gander at this sortable, filterable, color-coded beauty!

I allowed editing on the document but please do not edit something even if it is your profile (I can see and revert changes). I left it open to editing so you guys can sort/filter the data as you need (for example, you can click the arrow under "Rank" to see all people who are a Lt. for example).

I seem to be missing data for:
Craig McGrory
Roselyn Gramrosa
Chris Mc Intyre
Jamie Shen
Elhiu M'Konel
Persephone M'Rai

All from the Phoenix or Star Base (good job Disco! All profiles are in and linked!). Couldn't find an account or post matching those names. If anyone could link me to their profile on the site, I'd be happy to update it.

Also, Kachina Filitov and Derek Black appears on both SB and Phoenix lists. They are both listed on Phoenix for the time being. Please let me know if you want me to change this.

Anyway, enjoy my labor of love!  :D

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Failing means you're playing.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Shadowfleet Data! (Big, Beautiful, Data!)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:25:57 am »
This is reallly cool !

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 09:15:21 am »
Nice work Constance.

One thing, I'm not a hybrid.... (needs to update bio) and a few of my characters are missing. I think I added myself on your old sheet because I was missing....
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 09:33:07 am »
Nice work Constance.

One thing, I'm not a hybrid.... (needs to update bio) and a few of my characters are missing. I think I added myself on your old sheet because I was missing....

I only had your old profile to work with. If you can shoot over a copy of your new profile I'll amend it.

Archangel Koris

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 01:58:13 pm »
Thank you for doing this! I did an SF demographic project a while back, so I know how much work goes in to it!

I've just put an app up for Persephone, so you ahould be able to pull sone missing info on her from it.

The five from the Phoenix haven't transferred over as far as I'm aware, hence why they don't have bios.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 03:32:36 pm by Archangel T'Koris »

Gabriel Arthur

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 03:19:30 pm »
Cool list!  Thank you for putting the effort in to doing something like this.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 06:41:13 pm »
Thanks guys! This site is a labor worth loving :-)

I would like to add an alt. column for transparency.

Edit: Updated Persephone.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:55:09 pm by Constance Lafayette »

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 09:41:28 pm »
Updated the sheet to reflect the recent roster shift: ~Link~

Edit: Got guidance on unassigned characters.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:45:43 pm by Constance Lafayette »

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 04:22:27 am »
This looks great. Thanks for all the hard work.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 10:00:35 pm »
Updated 6/22/15

I keep having to make conditional formatting styles because we keep adding races ;)

Offline Laassul

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 01:41:11 am »
I apologize in advance if I've created the need for additional conditional formatting (;
Race: Orion

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 10:22:41 pm »
It's all good. I don't mind. In fact- let's look at some more data from this chart. This time- species, gender, and departmental distributions!

Species
Andorians: 1
Modified Humans: 1
Mugato: 1
Breen: 1
Selay: 1
Vulcans: 1
El-Aurians: 1
Ferengi: 1
Bajorans: 2
Caitians: 2
Klingons: 2
Cardassians: 3
Trills: 3
Hybrids: 10
Humans: 26

Humans: 26
Hybrids: 10
Non-Human, Non-Hybrid: 20
So there are almost twice as many (1.8x) humans and hybrids than full-blown aliens in the fleet!
Also, can you believe we only have 1 full vulcan in the fleet on the roster? Crewman Toreen Paattr, your choice of species was very logical.

Male/Female Ratio
34/22
That's 1.54 guys for every lady!

Departmental Distribution
Flight: 7
Medical: 7
Command: 8
Engineering: 8
Science: 8
Ops: 9
Sec/Tac: 10
Pretty well balanced!

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 09:28:44 pm »
Updated 6/22/15

I keep having to make conditional formatting styles because we keep adding races ;)

Constance,

Thanks for sharing this!

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 07:03:17 am »
So I've recently added alt. character data to the chart! It's pretty kick'en so check it out!

Total # of Alts: 19
Observations: We've got like 64 members on the rosters at the moment (or at least that's what I'm tracking). So we are about 1/3rd alts. That's not too bad.

Department Breakdown (Alts)
Science: 5
Medical: 5
Engineering: 3
Sec/Tac: 2
Flight: 2
Ops: 1
Other: 1
Observations: Weird. Most of our medical and science officers are alts and almost all of our flight and ops people are primes. On the site overall, we have a pretty even distribution.

Male/Female Ratio (Alts)
8/11
Observations: Hmmm. So the m/f ratio is 72% here and and 154% for the site at large. Sounds like the ladies have it here ;-)
*I am counting the 1 Thaan as a male for m/f ratio

Alts Per Ship
Athena: 4
Discovery: 7
Phoenix: 6
SB Columbus: 2
Observations: The Disco is an alt party. Get funky with yo' bad self.

Racial Breakdown (Alts)
Humans: 6
Hybrids: 2
Non-Human, Non-Hybrid: 11

So on the site overall we have WAY more (1.8) times as many humans and hybrids vs aliens.

For alts though it's flipped around. HALF our resident full-blooded aliens are alts! I guess people get bored of just playing a hu-mon and decide to take a walk on the wild side with their alts :-D

That's all for now!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles