The Journey to Columbus - Open to people from Earth

Started by Louisa Willow, May 17, 2016, 05:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louisa Willow

I'm going to post on here every few days to RP my journey from Earth to the Starbase. When the mission starts, I will be rping my arrival there.

Shuttlebay

Louisa looked around the shuttle bay and smiled to herself in delight. She'd just finished up at the academy and was excited to make her first post a reality. She'd been waiting and when she finally got it, the young woman immediately packed, said her goodbyes and got ready to leave.

Giving a final view of the outside of the shuttle and the shuttle bay, the PO3 walked up the ramp which led Into the shuttle and her face lit up on entry.

Shuttle

Louisa took her initial look of the shuttle interior and smiled. She'd been in shuttles before, many times in fact, but this one had something special about it. It was taking her to the beginning of her career and it was something that she'd been looking forward to for a long, long time.

With that she found a place on the seating and placed the duffel bag down below the seat. She looked around, slightly nervous but the excitement was slowly building up and when she arrived there it's be reality to her. Something she had looked forward for all her life.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Derek Black

[Shuttle]

Sitting quietly in his seat while waiting for the remaining passengers, Derek was milling in his own thoughts when the young woman joined him in the passenger compartment. Instinctively glancing at the rank on her collar, he gave her a slight nod and smile before placing his head back and closing his eyes. I'm getting too old for this crap. It wouldn't be long now before the hard-earned title of 'Chief' would be stripped from his name, and a new one replacing it.

Technically, the paperwork had already been signed, but Derek was reluctant to put the single pip on. It just didn't feel right. The chevrons indicated experience, leadership. Putting up with all the bullshit that Starfleet, and Starfleet's enemies, had thrown at him. Starting out as a spanking new 'shiny' wasn't something he looked forward to.

Looking forward, Derek suddenly wished he was flying the shuttle instead of sitting in the back like cargo. It'd be a short jaunt up to the ship waiting to take them to Columus, but at least then he'd have something to do to distract his mind.

Louisa Willow

Quote from: Derek Black on May 19, 2016, 11:58:18 PM

[Shuttle]

Sitting quietly in his seat while waiting for the remaining passengers, Derek was milling in his own thoughts when the young woman joined him in the passenger compartment. Instinctively glancing at the rank on her collar, he gave her a slight nod and smile before placing his head back and closing his eyes. I'm getting too old for this crap. It wouldn't be long now before the hard-earned title of 'Chief' would be stripped from his name, and a new one replacing it.

Technically, the paperwork had already been signed, but Derek was reluctant to put the single pip on. It just didn't feel right. The chevrons indicated experience, leadership. Putting up with all the bullshit that Starfleet, and Starfleet's enemies, had thrown at him. Starting out as a spanking new 'shiny' wasn't something he looked forward to.

Looking forward, Derek suddenly wished he was flying the shuttle instead of sitting in the back like cargo. It'd be a short jaunt up to the ship waiting to take them to Columus, but at least then he'd have something to do to distract his mind.

Shuttle

Louisa looked at the man and smiled. "Hi ermm..." She leant slightly forward and took a look at the mans collar. He was a senior NCO and she leant back, to her previous position. "Chief, it's a pleasure to meet you." She continued with a smile.

She thought about her time back at home with the freedom she was given. She hoped that she'd be able to replicate it in the holodeck and do the same. It seemed childish but too her it was all the same, childish or not she knew she'd do it anyway.

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Louisa Willow on May 20, 2016, 09:14:41 PM

Shuttle

Louisa looked at the man and smiled. "Hi ermm..." She leant slightly forward and took a look at the mans collar. He was a senior NCO and she leant back, to her previous position. "Chief, it's a pleasure to meet you." She continued with a smile.

She thought about her time back at home with the freedom she was given. She hoped that she'd be able to replicate it in the holodeck and do the same. It seemed childish but too her it was all the same, childish or not she knew she'd do it anyway.

[Shuttle]

It was a similar, yet no so, experience to the countless ones he had when he had been a younger lad, traveling over onto various different ships through the use of shuttles. He had been recently temporarily assigned to the Starbase, having become a tactical systems technician, with paperwork dusted off and processed.

Lennox's head rested against the wall as his eyes shut. But, the sudden voices had alerted him back into his surroundings, raising his eyebrows at the word 'Chief', looking at the man and giving an instinctive nod of respect. Lennox's military experience was not long nor was it a short service, but, the time spent was enough to still instill a couple of 'quirks' that still had not faded until this day.

That was when his eyes drifted to the woman who had sparked up a conversation.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Louisa Willow

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on May 20, 2016, 11:31:13 PM

[Shuttle]

It was a similar, yet no so, experience to the countless ones he had when he had been a younger lad, traveling over onto various different ships through the use of shuttles. He had been recently temporarily assigned to the Starbase, having become a tactical systems technician, with paperwork dusted off and processed.

Lennox's head rested against the wall as his eyes shut. But, the sudden voices had alerted him back into his surroundings, raising his eyebrows at the word 'Chief', looking at the man and giving an instinctive nod of respect. Lennox's military experience was not long nor was it a short service, but, the time spent was enough to still instill a couple of 'quirks' that still had not faded until this day.

That was when his eyes drifted to the woman who had sparked up a conversation.

Shuttle

Louisa heard a man speak from behind her. The young woman turned her head around and looked at the older man who seemed to be looking at her. She tucked the left side of her hair behind her left earand, but the small braid which strayed from the rest of hhair still rested on her shoulder. She smiled at him and then decided to speak and break the silence. I "Hi. Are you going to be posted on the starbase?" The young woman asked. She hoped she'd be able to make some friends on the station so she wasn't too lonely.

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Louisa Willow on May 20, 2016, 11:58:31 PM

Shuttle

Louisa heard a man speak from behind her. The young woman turned her head around and looked at the older man who seemed to be looking at her. She tucked the left side of her hair behind her left earand, but the small braid which strayed from the rest of hhair still rested on her shoulder. She smiled at him and then decided to speak and break the silence. I "Hi. Are you going to be posted on the starbase?" The young woman asked. She hoped she'd be able to make some friends on the station so she wasn't too lonely.

The woman spoke, Lennox focused on her with a small twitching of his lips into a smile. "Aye, I am," He replied. "Temporarily posted te the starbase until I get postin's somewhere else. How 'bout yerself? Ye stayin' fer the lon' 'aul or are ye waitin' fer a new ship?"

There was no point being a solitary man, he might as well turn a new leaf for himself and start out with making friends quickly. It would make his temporary posting even more bearable, speaking from experience in the military.

Louisa Willow

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on May 23, 2016, 03:59:12 PM

The woman spoke, Lennox focused on her with a small twitching of his lips into a smile. "Aye, I am," He replied. "Temporarily posted te the starbase until I get postin's somewhere else. How 'bout yerself? Ye stayin' fer the lon' 'aul or are ye waitin' fer a new ship?"

There was no point being a solitary man, he might as well turn a new leaf for himself and start out with making friends quickly. It would make his temporary posting even more bearable, speaking from experience in the military.

Shuttle

Louisa listened to the man who seemed to have a thick Scottish accent. It made her smile slightly and then when he finished, she replied. "I'm staying on the station for the long haul. I think I might get on a ship sooner or later but for now the Starbase is where I'd like to be." She said with a smile.

A small thought in Louisa's head came through as she looked away from him to think and then it came to her; she hadn't even told him her name so she looked back and smiled. "I'm Louisa, Louisa Willow." She finished.

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Louisa Willow on May 23, 2016, 04:21:00 PM

Shuttle

Louisa listened to the man who seemed to have a thick Scottish accent. It made her smile slightly and then when he finished, she replied. "I'm staying on the station for the long haul. I think I might get on a ship sooner or later but for now the Starbase is where I'd like to be." She said with a smile.

A small thought in Louisa's head came through as she looked away from him to think and then it came to her; she hadn't even told him her name so she looked back and smiled. "I'm Louisa, Louisa Willow." She finished.

[Shuttle]

Lennox nodded at her response. That was when the introduction was made, he smiled, sticking his hand out for a proper greeting, "Lennox Ainsley, pleasure to meet ye, Louisa."

A moment passed as he sat in thought, his eyes looking around the shuttle. "May I ask wha' department yer workin' with?"

Louisa Willow

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on May 23, 2016, 06:22:59 PM

[Shuttle]

Lennox nodded at her response. That was when the introduction was made, he smiled, sticking his hand out for a proper greeting, "Lennox Ainsley, pleasure to meet ye, Louisa."

A moment passed as he sat in thought, his eyes looking around the shuttle. "May I ask wha' department yer workin' with?"

Shuttle

Louisa smiled at him and loosely gripped his hand and then shook it. The older man seemed to be nice and she was glad she'd have a friend for a while, even if he was going to leave when a posting arises she was sure that they'd still be friends.

Louisa nodded and grinned. "You may." She said, giggling, then continuing. "I am working with the operations department on the station." She for a moment, taking in her surroundings then continuing. "How about you? Where will you be working on station then on Ship?" Louisa finished.

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Louisa Willow on May 23, 2016, 10:12:39 PM

Shuttle

Louisa smiled at him and loosely gripped his hand and then shook it. The older man seemed to be nice and she was glad she'd have a friend for a while, even if he was going to leave when a posting arises she was sure that they'd still be friends.

Louisa nodded and grinned. "You may." She said, giggling, then continuing. "I am working with the operations department on the station." She for a moment, taking in her surroundings then continuing. "How about you? Where will you be working on station then on Ship?" Louisa finished.

Lennox shot her a small twitch of his lips, allowing the woman to finish speaking. "That's definitely an interestin' job yer got 'here, what made ye choose that?" Lennox paused, tilting his head to the side. He could have chosen another path in life, but, he did not feel his life being part of an engineering crew would do him any favours.

"Security and tactical department, as a crewman, ma'am. Had a background wit' the military, decided to do somethin' I could do most good in, ye know?"

Louisa Willow

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on May 25, 2016, 03:25:40 PM

Lennox shot her a small twitch of his lips, allowing the woman to finish speaking. "That's definitely an interestin' job yer got 'here, what made ye choose that?" Lennox paused, tilting his head to the side. He could have chosen another path in life, but, he did not feel his life being part of an engineering crew would do him any favours.

"Security and tactical department, as a crewman, ma'am. Had a background wit' the military, decided to do somethin' I could do most good in, ye know?"

Shuttle

"Why did I choose OPS? Good question. I liked the fact that I'd be the first form of contact to any species we met. I've always loved adventuring and knew this was the place to be if I wanted to adventure." Louisa smiled at the older man and then continued to listen to him.

"I hear you. It's one of the places where you can do the most good so I dont blame you. Louisa finished.

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Louisa Willow on May 26, 2016, 08:16:34 AM

Shuttle

"Why did I choose OPS? Good question. I liked the fact that I'd be the first form of contact to any species we met. I've always loved adventuring and knew this was the place to be if I wanted to adventure." Louisa smiled at the older man and then continued to listen to him.

"I hear you. It's one of the places where you can do the most good so I dont blame you. Louisa finished.

Lennox cracked a grin, chuckling slightly said, "Always at the front of action...I'm not as youn' as I used te be. If I was, I'd be there." It wasn't true, Lennox often tried to keep himself in shape, ever since being accepted into the academy and the process of joining up to the star-fleet.

There was still a lot of guilt within the man for having degenerated to someone suffering from alcoholism and working on low-pay cars, having been a soldier. It was not the highest point of his career.

"Ye'll stay in touch hopefully?" Lennox asked.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.