Author Topic: Getting to know you, Part II  (Read 5404 times)

Offline Dimitri Brooks

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Science Officer
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Getting to know you, Part II
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 12:31:12 am »
Top 5 movies (excluding Star Trek):

Withnail & I
Full Metal Jacket
Aliens
Bladerunner
Lost in Translation / Disney's Atlantis

Favorite type of music: Somewhere between the soundtracks to Forrest Gump and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

Favorite Food: any and all seafood

If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet? Probably Galileo

Do you prefer the book or the movie? (In general) Book

If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go? NZ / Hong Kong

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
  • Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 03:20:00 pm »
Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan
The Sum of all Fears
The Rock
The Hunt for Red October

Favorite type of music: Ska

Favorite Food: Corned Beef and fried potatoes

If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet? Myself, 20 years ago. I have some advice.

Do you prefer the book or the movie? (In general) The book

If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go? I would go to Quatar. I was supposed to go in 2010, but I wasn't allowed.

Offline Sassa

• Deceased/Retired
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 07:43:14 pm »

1. Gone With The Wind
2. Hunger Games Trilogy
3. The Three Musketeers (the Keifer Sutherland One)
4. Harry Potter ones (all of them)
5. Fast and Furious (all of them)

Favorite type of music: Rock (old style mostly - AOR, Blues/Rock, Classics)

Favorite Food: Steak

If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?:
Mary Queen of Scots

Do you prefer the book or the movie? (In general): Book, mostly cuz I'm partially deaf and I can go back and re-read, can't always do that with movies.

If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?: Iceland to witness and photograph the Aurora Borealis.

"That position, Mr Scott, would not only be unavailing but also undignified."

Offline Steve Marshall

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • There is screaming in space
  • Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 05:00:28 pm »
Top Five Movies

All Star Trek Films
Final Destinations
Casablanca
Back to the Future
Aliens

All music ( online DJ) Queen

Fav Food Fish and Chips

I would like to go back and meet Freddie Mercury

Books to movies as books give more detail IE Harry Potter

I would like to visit Cuba again

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 06:40:10 pm »
Top 5 movies
Tron: Legacy
The LOTR movies
Star Wars
Big Hero 6
Mulan

Favorite type of music:
Hmm... that's a toughie.
I like anything from The Piano Guys, Lindsey Stirling, soundtracks, EDM, or just music that sounds ethereal.
I know. Strange tastes.

Fave food: I am a sucker for Macaroni and cheese.

I would love to go meet Marie Curie.

Books generally are always better than movies, in my opinion. With books, you get a in-depth, personal movie in your head with perfect casting and acting, and it's just pure magic.

Some day, I want to go to New Zealand. It's a gorgeous island, the Lord Of the Rings movies were filmed there, and there are Kiwi birds there! ( Ok, I'm a *little* obsessed with kiwi birds. I blame my 8th grade science teacher. )

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 07:22:01 am »

Withnail & I
Full Metal Jacket
Aliens
Bladerunner
Lost in Translation / Disney's Atlantis

Favorite type of music: Somewhere between the soundtracks to Forrest Gump and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 Man Forrest Gump is one of the BEST movies out there. And the sound track is a kick butt one too. And I love Theme Tracks too. One of my old ones I loved was Rob Roy, Needful Things, The Interview of the Vampire, Blue Brothers, Ten Commandments and others! I also love OLD classic Video Game theme songs like Zelda, Castlevania, Spy Hunter and etc.)

Favorite Food: any and all seafood

If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet? Probably Galileo

Do you prefer the book or the movie? (In general) Book

If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go? NZ / Hong Kong

1. The Untouchables
2. Tombstone (Kurt Russell version)
3. Disney's: The Three Musketeers
4. Blazing Saddles
5. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Favorite type of music:
I actually will listen to anything EXCEPT that old, whiny Country music, ie...Willie Nelson, Glen Campbell etc...  ---- I detest. Grampy Nelson is the GODFATHER and Classic is one of the best time for country music! ;)

Favorite Food:
Steak. I could eat it every night

If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
My Grandfather I would love to meet my Grandfather myself. My mother side. He died when I was three. I just would love to meet him. Or my long time relative King O'Neill!"

Do you prefer the book or the movie? (In general)
Book. the movies never get it right -- I agree!

If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
My dream vacation has always been Ireland - It is very very nice. I had been there twice! I was more in the Kilkenny area. I miss it all lot! Would love to go back! I was there for Saint Patricks day too. It is celebrated different there. They go to Church that day and enjoy time with family and friends. They even have parades on the memory of Black Sunday too.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:26:37 am by D'Vid »

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 07:35:40 am »

The trilogy movies of Left Behind
God is NOT Dead
Ten Commandments
The TV movie The Stand (By Stephen King)
The Ward (A movie you need to watch TWICE)

Favorite type of music: HAPPY BEAT music. Most old stuff like 80s and early. Same with Country Music. It has to be upbeat!  Slow songs just not my style!

Favorite Food: Chinese. ;)

If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet? My old self. LOL. Just to mess with my past.

Do you prefer the book or the movie? (In general) Books. Why you think I am here for! Plus, books open the mind to imagination. You can read a book with a friend and talk on how YOU see it and compare how you see things.

If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go? I guess Ireland. I would love to go back for more visits! Second choice would be Australia. Or my real big dream, the moon!

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles