Author Advertisement Locations  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Jon Tulley

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • I'd sell my soul for a new recruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Advertisement Locations
« on: December 07, 2013, 04:50:18 PM »
We want the whole world to know about SF right? The best way to do that is to put our name out there as much as possible, be it social media or forums. We're pretty well covered with social media so that leaves forums. "So post an advert on tons of forums and be done with it" i hear you say, well it's not that simple. Most forums don't allow adverts of any kind or have other restrictions in place.

So, this is where you come in. Do you visit other internet forums (they don't have to be Star Trek related)? If you do, check to see if they have a advert/link/off topic/spam section that allows external links and a recruitment post for SF. There will typically be a sticky post containing the relevant information.

Post here and I will do all the leg work, setting up the account, profile, signature and keeping it updated.

I'm always searching for new places to post and have threads on the following forums:

SFFworld.com
RPG.net
UK Roleplayers
GAIA Online
Authonomy.com
GameTrailers.com
USS Talon
Star Trek Online forum
Pegasus Fleet
Digital Spy Thread
Forum Promotion.net
Live Long and Prosper
USS Enterprise
IWAKU
All Scale Trek
Caution 2.0
RPG D
RPOL.net

Vote Directories:
Topsites.rpg-directory
Top RP Sites

Craigslist:
http://newcastle.craigslist.co.uk/grp/4294917795.html
http://birmingham.craigslist.co.uk/com/4295153503.html
http://manchester.craigslist.co.uk/com/4295130419.html
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/com/4295124985.html
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/com/4295187752.html

Art:

Anywhere at all that can host a SF advert, I'll do it!

Thanks!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:16:21 PM by Jon Tulley »
Deceased

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Suspended Account
  • "We're all just stories in the end..."
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Advertisement Locations
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »
Anywhere you are allowed to post! Because sometimes, even if the site isn't specifically Star Trek related, you may find people who like Star Trek, or just writing in general.

Those are good links! Have you posted there?
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George S. Patton

Christian Grix

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 09:22:49 AM »

Offline Jon Tulley

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 09:48:24 AM »
http://www.startrekrisa.com/

There is already a user called Shadow Fleet signed up. Anyone want to fess up? 8)
Deceased

Offline Jon Tulley

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 04:50:10 PM »
Hi all.

We're now listed on a couple of RPG directories.

Top Sites RPG Directory - Go here and click vote!

Top RP Sites - Go here and click vote too!

The more unique, daily votes we get, the higher up we go the list and thus become more visible! Get voting!
Deceased

Offline Jon Tulley

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
Shadow Fleet history - Our first craigslist advert has been created.

Should you wish to help with the craigslist-push-a-thon. Hit me with a PM and we can cover all the craigstlist world with Shadow Fleet goodness.

p.s. Keep pressing vote on those two links above!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:30:23 PM by Jon Tulley »
Deceased

Offline Revek Tre'el

• mediocria credimus fortitudo
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 04:40:03 PM »
Looks awesome, PM me the code plz

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

Offline Jon Tulley

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 05:06:33 PM »
Looks awesome, PM me the code plz

Sent.

We also have official Signature and Button art! Put these in your other forum signatures and send some traffic our way.

Deceased

Offline Revek Tre'el

• mediocria credimus fortitudo
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »

This is going in my CL ad's!

UPDATE: Here it is!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:29:14 PM by Revek Tre'el »

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

Offline Adam Lewandowski

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 07:19:10 PM »
I think Jase might have an advert section on RPoL.netthere's a whole lot of people on that site.

Tom (or most likely Andrew will intercept your request) might let you post something on DarkAndMoodyForums.com if you tell him Flax sent you. There's not too many people on that site, but they're all excellent RPers.

No weapon is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Offline Jon Tulley

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 02:59:58 PM »
I think Jase might have an advert section on RPoL.netthere's a whole lot of people on that site.

Tom (or most likely Andrew will intercept your request) might let you post something on DarkAndMoodyForums.com if you tell him Flax sent you. There's not too many people on that site, but they're all excellent RPers.

Thank you for the links.

I've posted an advert on RPol.net however, DarkandMoodyForums seems too inactive.

Keep sending in the links people.  8)
Deceased

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D
anything