Author Topic: Gene Roddenberry  (Read 4034 times)

Mikey010178

Gene Roddenberry
« on: October 24, 2013, 08:11:08 am »
Hello Shadow Fleet.

As some of you may know, 22 years ago today (Oct 24th). The man who brought Star Trek into the world, Gene Roddenberry sadly passed away.

I think it is fitting that we remember the man with a great vision of how the world, as in Earth, should be. All humanity allied with one goal in mind, to better ourselves.

I wonder if when he created the Universe we all love so much, If he realized what he was actually creating. Incidently Star Trek was created by Mr Roddenberry in 1964, nearly 50 years ago. Which as we know, ultimately led to the first series in 1966. The man was a legend and if it was not for him, it is more than probable none of us would ever have got the chance to do what we do.

So let's all remember the Father of Trek, who made our group possible. RIP Gene, your legacy lives on.

Offline Tavana

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • The enemy of my enemy is the enemy I'll kill last.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gene Roddenberry
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:18:14 am »
here here   :)

"Yes I'm a doctor."

John Brown

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 08:30:20 am »
Moved to Fleet News

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 08:47:42 am »
Hear, Hear

Offline Callie Anderson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 09:08:59 am »
Hear, Hear
Well said Mike.

BETAZOID

John Brown

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 12:36:14 pm »
I would like to say as we Celebrate the Life of Gene Roddenberry we must always remember the ideals he taught us and never for get this my Friends and Family what we do here in Shadow Fleet is what Gene wanted it was the torch he lit the way and for some information his Late Wife was a Fan of us here in Shadow Fleet and was aware of what we do here and was proud of us!

Offline James Booth

• Suspended Account
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 01:52:37 pm »
I would like to say as we Celebrate the Life of Gene Roddenberry we must always remember the ideals he taught us and never for get this my Friends and Family what we do here in Shadow Fleet is what Gene wanted it was the torch he lit the way and for some information his Late Wife was a Fan of us here in Shadow Fleet and was aware of what we do here and was proud of us!

That is truly Awesome, we were known by Majel Barrett. May she Rest In Peace also

Natalya Simonova 'Natalya sipped her drink again before turning to look at Booth "His exact words were stay away from Jimmy Booth he makes James T Kirk look like a Vulcan monk"'

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
  • Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 02:02:27 pm »
Gene Roddenberry Appreciation Month? I think so!

Offline James Booth

• Suspended Account
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 02:08:48 pm »
I actually think we should also remember the others who helped make Mr R's dream come to the screens, specifically the ones who are no longer with us.

DeForrest Kelley - Funny thing is I didn't like him (Dr McCoy) as a Kid, I thought he was an evil man who picked on the Alien guy. But obviously it was in reality the magic between Spock and McCoy, which I realized later. Dr McCoy is a one of the top of my favorites :)

And James Doohan, I always liked Scotty, I mean what was there not to like about the original red shirt and the only red shirt to die and come back, he was awesome.

Natalya Simonova 'Natalya sipped her drink again before turning to look at Booth "His exact words were stay away from Jimmy Booth he makes James T Kirk look like a Vulcan monk"'

Offline Callie Anderson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 02:50:37 pm »

I actually think we should also remember the others who helped make Mr R's dream come to the screens, specifically the ones who are no longer with us.

DeForrest Kelley - Funny thing is I didn't like him (Dr McCoy) as a Kid, I thought he was an evil man who picked on the Alien guy. But obviously it was in reality the magic between Spock and McCoy, which I realized later. Dr McCoy is a one of the top of my favorites :)

And James Doohan, I always liked Scotty, I mean what was there not to like about the original red shirt and the only red shirt to die and come back, he was awesome.

I didn't know that Mr. Roddenberry's wife was a fan of Shadow Fleet. That is so awesome!
I also agree with Mr. Booth, we should remember the others who helped make Mr. Roddenberry's dream a reality.

BETAZOID

Offline Joanna Langford

• Suspended Account
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 05:53:37 pm »
Absolutely, so many great people. Made so many people happy. RIP those who are gone. Live Long and Prosper to those who remain.

Species: Human; American, from L.A

Gabriel Arthur

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 07:31:04 pm »
Great topic!  All respect and honor to the Great Bird of the Galaxy.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 07:32:58 pm »
Great topic!  All respect and honor to the Great Bird of the Galaxy.

Agreed!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline James Booth

• Suspended Account
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 07:55:49 pm »
As long as the fans of Star Trek are around, Gene Roddenberry and those no longer with us will live on :)

Offline Kristanna Jordan

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 08:02:06 pm »
As long as the fans of Star Trek are around, Gene Roddenberry and those no longer with us will live on :)

Well put Mr. Booth, I most certainly agree.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles