Author Topic: Hurricane Gastuv  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Justin Conwell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CEO, USS Delphia A
  • 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hurricane Gastuv
« on: August 30, 2008, 09:29:21 pm »
Greetings everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone has been watching this but Hurricane Gastuv, currently a strong Cat4 almost Cat5 Hurricane will be making landfall somewhere in LA, or East TX. Depending on where Gastuv hits, my area will be effected pretty bad if not devestated.

I live in New Caney, Texas, inland from Houston/Galvestion and not far from Conroe. If it starts turning more WNW, it could make a direct hit on Beumount-Galveston region which will force me to have to evacate west. Currently, my area is expecting moderate damage even from the distance and the fact the storms main winds are originating 70 to 100 miles from the eye of the storm. Gastuv is just slightly larger then the state of Texas (TX).

For this reason, i might not loss power, but might on my dsl/internet if i don't evacate. (I'm next door to a firestation and on the emergency power lines for government.)

My return my not be soon but i will try and get back online as soon as i can.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

kawolsky

Re: Hurricane Gastuv
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 11:05:19 am »
It's OK, Chris. Don't worry.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles