My resignation

Started by Alyssa Meadows, July 12, 2013, 04:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Ferdinand

Hello boys and girls,

It seems that the time has finally come. I regret to inform the fleet, though others may silently cheer at the creation of this topic, that I am resigning from the fleet on both characters. Shadowfleet has been a home to me for the past four and a half years and I have seen a lot of changes with this website. I have witnessed JK go from cool guy to wannabe dictator, I have seen the fleet get revamped and modified again and again into what it is now, and lastly I have seen people come and go. For some, I felt like I was never going to remember your names, let alone actually talk to you. I am grateful for the chance to do so.
I am resigning because Shadowfleet is no longer fun, and has become a chore. I've had some issues with members, and hopefully they have been resolved. I am having real life issues, and of course, if it were anyone else, they would be able to get off the hook with it, but not myself. I've been bitched out, given snark because I no longer hold the ambition to keep either Meadows nor Xoran alive. Even when I believe I have made things clear over what my intentions are, it seems to be unacceptable in the eyes of the fictional admiralty. Therefore, I guess the time has come that I close my chapter in Shadowfleet history and allow someone else to proceed with the XO position of the Churchill.
You know, it really is sad. It's sad that people can go MIA for weeks, be on but not post, or barely even recognize what is going on with the fleet, but they don't get bitched at. Yes, they have started to get better with this, but the moment I slack, everyone jumps me for it. I'm sorry that I have a real life, and that roleplaying has become more of a chore than anything else. I'm sorry that people are treated differently for the same actions, but to be frank, I'm done.
I've been considering this resignation for a week and a half now, and you can tell the decision that I have made. So long, Shadowfleet. It's been fun.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Alex, this letter both saddens and makes me happy. Saddens me because a friend is partying ways, but you are bound for big things. If SF isn't fun for you anymore you should move on. You're a smart, dynamic, and multi-faceted young man. I wish you nothing but the best.

Keep in touch.

Lance Krol

We love you really <3 I'll miss you, bro. To be honest I don't have much motivation to keep Lance alive but I came back, for some reason... So maybe I'll see you around. Love ya bro -hugz-

Malcolm Adeyemi

Going to post again since my alt needs the numbers. And to share some further thoughts.

You welcomed me with open arms here, all strictly OOC. Trisha and Luke had a strained, complex relationship, though, didn't they? You were warm and helpful over SKYPE, and always hilarious and over the top. I do hope you stick around the group chat and make us all laugh still.

Archangel Koris

I enjoyed reading your posts, even though I didn't get much of a chance to really play with you, either as Archangel or as Rachel.  Hopefully, one day, you may reconsider your decision and come back to us.

Until then, if that time ever comes, all I can say is:  May you find fortune in your steps and solace in your thoughts.

Canora ann Daggarscrech

I am in shock here... Even though I never knew you ic or out of charactor (accept for that brief holodeck rp with Xoran,) I have come to know you as a friend. I would trust you with my life, in roleplay or in real life, and can honestly say that I shall miss you greatly. To me, you have become practically a simbol for shadowfleet, a person to truely look up to. I am sorry that the fleet is no longer fun to you, and I can honestly say that I was not an active member.
With great respect and adoration, I hope you find what you're looking for after you have left. Goodbye, good luck, and yIghoSDo'. (Go onward with fortune.)

Corbin Langar

<3 You know I'll miss you.

Species: Cardassian, of course!
STO: @corbinlangar

T'Ra Jones

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Callie Anderson

I didn't really know you but I'm sad to see you go. I didn't get RP much with you. I am saddened that I will never get the opportunity to.
Best wishes and good luck.

BETAZOID

Jonathan Sanchez

It's going to bite not having you around, as you're both an inspiration and a friend. I'll miss your running joke about your love of giving physicals for sure, and how it spread like fire. I wish you the best, and even hope a tiny bit that some day you might come back, maybe under a different character. Cheers.

Anara McKnight

I know I haven't known you very long. But when I did role play in my character with you in sickbay you did an exceptional job with your character. You will be missed on SF and I wish you luck with life's paths and journeys.

Kylik Roth

Cheers duder, hope you find the fun out there again!

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. - Zig Ziglar

Klaus Vogel

that's sad to hear...  :(

Science Crewman, USS Gibson

Dnarion Jade

Farewell, Alyssa....may you find happiness and joy in the world, and I hope things improve for you.

Richard Evans

I wish you good luck in your future :)

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.